the Rift

Fight. || Insanity, Open

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
She ran. She was full of panic and ran from something, she did not know what. Why was she running? Her heart was beating hard and fast, the sound of her running hooves only made it beat faster. The thing behind her was catching up on her, almost right behind her now. A shadow fell over her and she saw a cat-like figure in the corner of her eye jumping onto her hide. It's claws tore apart her skin, ripping the flesh and muscles into strips, and she screamed as the blood ran down her pelt...

She screamed.

The unicorn woke up by the fact that she screamed, immediately stopping it. What kind of dream was that? Had she dreamt of the jaguar? No, she couldn't have. She shook her head and got on her legs. But her knees let her down and made her fall down again. What the hell...
WHERE WAS SHE?

Delinne got up again, more steady and careful this time, and looked around. She didn't remember ending up here.
She was in some sort of dirty cave. The floor was clearly made of dirt and mud, the opening of the cave showed her hills of lushy grass. Foothills. She had met Archibald and his dog here, but that was long ago now...
Wasn't anyone around to EXPLAIN why she was here?

The mare sighed and lied down again. Her stomach felt a bit swollen, but it didn't look like it. She nuzzled it gently and admitted to herself that it was a bit hard on the surface.
'Maybe I ate something bad before?,' she thought and sighed again. Why was she here? The black mare almost felt like whining like a little filly. She felt like she wasn't allowed to leave this place, that she had some kind of duty here.
Why else would she be here?

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: Extremely bad post ._.
word count: 311
DELINNE
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Argetlam Posts: 51
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 7
Adoptable

argetlam</style>

He heard a scream.

He came running.

Breath came in short gasps, his eyes were wide with alarm; his heart pounded painfully in his broad chest, thumping against his ribs, desperate to escape, his nostrils flared and could scent the terror and confusion, a terrible stench. It was a stench of war and chaos; it was an odor that lingered in the nostrils for many hours, and sent the mind scrambling. Argetlam was scared, to say the least. Why was someone in the Foothills wailing? Were they being attacked? What was wrong?

It was a good day, outside, the sun high and the skies a brilliant sapphire, clouds horse-tails. Despite the beautiful morning, he could not shake the feeling something was horribly wrong, and it strengthened as he continued his gallop towards craggy gray mountains, slowing to a trot, ears flicking suspiciously.

He entered the shadows of the mountain, and felt immediate confusion. There was the scent of fear, yes, but also of outsider. But there was no scent of Foothills beyond the scent of home. Argetlam wanders, for a while, until his amber eyes settle on a dark hole in the hide of the gray mountains. A cave. Cautiously he approaches, mane swinging against his muscular gray neck, and he peeks warily around the corner, and then enters, seeing only a mare looking terribly confused. "Are you alright?" The mare is dark, a unicorn, striped with white lightning, eyes bright and horn deep and dark. It is hard to make her out amongst the dark of the shadowed cavern, but he comes in closer. "I am Argetlam. Can I help you?"

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 510065ef6d419]

I n s a n i t y

Her eyes remained on the mare she had captured, watching the striped female try to stand inquisitively, though Insanity herself remained still, unmoving in the shadows that encased her black body. A smile danced upon her lips as she realized how close she was to finishing her quest from the Earth God and getting the companionship she had longed for all these years.

A new horse glided into her view, a one she had previously met. The thick boned Argetlam was so close to her prisoner. She didn't like it. He was offering her help?

No. That wouldn't do.

"Argetlam," Insanity's cold, chilling voice flowed from her lips as she moved from her hiding place to confront the two, "I'd like you to meet the newest prisoner of the Foothills." She moved with purpose and grace, her chocolate eyes were anything but warm.

She looked down at the mare below with a bloodcurdling smile. "Tell him your name, sweetie," Insanity said, turning her head to face her prisoner directly, as well as stepping in between Argetlam and the mare. She couldn't have him setting her prisoner free or helping her, it would screw up her entire quest.

talk talk talk

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
"Are you alright?"

No, she wasn't. But the sight of another soul - that seemed friendly as a plus - made her glad. He came closer to her and she smiled a bit. He looked like an equine, but it was dark so she couldn't quite see.
Why would anyone ever treat equines and pegasi as less worth? Azzaron was a pegasus, and she... She loved him.

Yes.
She loved him.

And equines weren't so bad either. Lace was an equine, and she had befriended him. Sort of.
"I am Argetlam. Can I help you?" The mare was just about to answer, but an unfamiliar voice stopped her. What the actual buck?
The voice was cold and made the black mare shiver slightly. Where.. Oh. There.
Another equine was standing close to her - too close - and she was surprised that she hadn't seen it there before.

"I'd like you to meet the newest prisoner of the Foothills."

PRISONER?!! She was a fucking prisoner!!? Oh hell no. Delinne snorted and got up on all four again, making sure that she would not fall. The mare had given her a freaky smile and asked for her name - plus calling her sweetie.
No. One. Called. Her. Sweetie.
"Who the actual fuck do you think you are, mare?!" Dell walked up close to the mare, almost touching her forehead with the long horn. She was taller than the mare who had spoken to her, with margin, so she had some benefits if there was going to be a fight.

She was ready.

"Before I tell you anything, sweetie, I would like to know who the fuck is calling me a prisoner?" She almost hissed the words at the smaller mare, feeling the rage building up within her.
No one fucked with Delinne.

ooc: Yes. All my yes to this plot.
word count: 301
DELINNE
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

NADIRA was still trying to get the swing of things around the Foothills. She hadn’t really met anyone in particular to really make a difference whether or not she called this land home. She had been desperate for a safe place to just to rest her weary being at the time Boltar had invited her to the Foothills. Osiris had been gentle and kind, offering to show her the way. And upon arrival, she had met Romani. A friendly mare whom she had immediately placed as a friend of sorts.

It was a good day for just strolling about, when a cry caught the alabaster mare’s attention. She watched as her glacier orbs caught sight of a stallion entering the mountainside, and picked up a duo-gaited stride, and followed his path. It took a few extra moments to reach the mouth, but found two mares, besides the stallion she had spotted, already at each other’s throats.

She had caught the whole conversation, as the echo of the spoken threats had exited the mouth with ease and had reached the mare’s delicate ears with little hesitation or resistance. Glancing from one form to the next, she tried to weigh the significance of the circumstances before her, trying to consider her words carefully, not wanting to push the heated argument farther than it had already gotten.

The darkness of the cave, with the sun behind her, only blinded her. The scent of Argetiam and the two mares were the only confirmation she had at determining who was there. Venom dripped from the mare’s lips, who stood closest to the stallion, as she informed them all that the mare who stood in the background, was a prisoner of the Foothills.

A prisoner? What purpose was a prisoner if you had no enemies? No war or battle to speak of. NADIRA snorted more in confusion than anything else. Ears swiveled with uncertainty. She wished to help the mare who was supposedly being held hostage. She would have wanted help or at least a friend, if it had been her in the mare’s spot. But fighting with a herd mate was not something she believed in either. It was a tough position she found herself in. Dancing in place, and lightly tossing her façade, an uncomfortable mixed emotion overcame her.

The tension that weighted down the atmosphere was too much for NADIRA to handle. Trusting her ability and skill to maneuver blinded, she attempted to divide the two mares, placing herself between them. Fighting would no solve a darn thing, as far as NADIRA was concerned. At this point, she was trying to think of what was best for them all. A fight, especially within a cave, was not the safest thing, and if any of them wished to get out alive, holding their tempers and being patient, was the only thing she could think of that was worth anything right now.

"Please, lets just keep cool about this. The ringing in my ears from rising voices can only take so much. I am sure there is an explanation."

For a split second, the bloodless unicorn stood still, not moving, as she awaited to see the quick response of the mares. She didn’t want to wait too long, and let her voice calmly escaped her lips, before anyone could get another word in to question her.

"I am NADIRA. I have just recently been invited by Boltar to call the Foothills my home."

It was after her own introduction, she let the silence reenter the cave, as she waited for the echo of voices to burst forth.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

"I'd watch the way you speak to a member of the Foothills if I were you, let alone the one who brought you here." The scream had brought Aaron running into the cave just like Argetlam, but at the words of the equine mare his entire position on the subject changed. As the unicorn stepped closer to the one of the Shadow rank, Aaron moved forward as well with his ears laced back to his skull. He almost dared the unicorn to do something. He was still to new to the Foothills and would not over ride what one of the shadows had done. It was not his place to question her. Brown eyes hardened even more as he recognized her. He did not know her name, only that she had been defending World's Edge when the Qian invaded. His muscles tensed remembering the crazy battle that had gone on for hours. Another spoke and it was only then he realized that another had arrived just before him.

He took one step back, remaining at the side of Insanity before speaking. "I am Aaron, the Mason of the Foothills." Since the white unicorn had introduced herself as Nadira, he figured it best to introduce himself as well. He looked away only for a moment to nod to Argetlam. It seemed like with all of them in this cave, it was getting very crowded. He turned his attention back to the prisoner and spoke. "You were brought here for a reason, and I suggest you do as your captor asks." With that he stepped back a bit more, still ready to defend his new herdmates should the black unicorn try anything.

"something to say"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
A mare materialized from the shadows, a dark mare he had met before, created and stitched from the darker places of the world, a deep bay with a coat the color of deep earth. He recognized her, the light tread of her steps, and her scent hardly distinguishable against the heady scent of cool of stone. Insanity. Was she insane? Why had she captured the poor mare trapped in the bowels of the mountain? Her voice was colder than the snowy peaks of the looming behemoths of the rocky mountains; pure ice. Argetlam blinked, with the nature of her cold voice- and then the dark mare's furious response, the swear inside it.

"Please, stop. There is no need to argue. Insanity, why did you capture this mare?" The stallion interrupted, his voice quiet but without mumbling for once; he wasn't sure if he was angry, or felt disappointment in the capture of one foul-mouthed unicorn. Who was she? Why was she so important? Was this random? A pale mare, a light-footed ghost, appeared, and she too was cool and calm, if her eyes looked a little troubled. "Good to meet you, Nadira. I am Argetlam." The dark gray stallion responded in turn, keeping his voice level and polite.

He turns his attention to his mentor, Aaron, who immediately sides with Insanity. How could he? Did he already know what crime this mare had committed? Argetlam had utmost respect for the paint, but he did not consider himself below Aaron. He was not vain and full of himself, he simply thought most of the herd were equals. "Insanity, if I may ask, can you please tell me why you needed to capture this mare? I don't understand why she is prisoner when I have never even heard of her, let alone committing a crime." Argetlam comments awkwardly, feeling as if he was ignoring the unicorn too much. Did the dark mare need to be addressed if she was prisoner? The stallion didn't know. Mostly, he just felt out of his element.

Unregistered

I n s a n i t y

Everyone seemed to be asking her two questions: Who are you, and why did you take this mare? The first one Insanity could answer with ease. She was a mare of darkness who went by the name of Insanity, though she was far from insane.

Why did she steal the mare? Well, that one was more complicated. Insanity didn't want to admit the fact that she had randomly picked the mare to use her for her own selfish reasons of completing her quest, but it seemed as if she would have to unless she made up a believable story.

More horses flooded into the cave, suffocating the hot, Tallsun air around them. Gods, their bickering was annoying. Insanity rolled her eyes once they had all filtered in. She looked at Aaron with a grateful glimmer in her orbs. Insanity liked anyone who took her side, and Aaron was no exception.

She moved around all the horses, ignoring their voices, walking to the edge of the cave in wait for silence to fall upon them. After a few moments of staring at the Foothills, she turned her head to look at the horses behind her. "My name is Insanity, Shadow of the Windtossed Foothills. I have taken this mare as my prisoner for various reasons, but for Gods' sake, it's not like I was going to kill her!" Insanity's words were furious as she turned to face all the horses directly, her chocolate eyes were brown fire.

Insanity debated wether or not she was going to tell the mare her true reasons for stealing her. Though, she knew nothing of her prisoner. Maybe if she did know her, she would tell. The idea almost sounded appealing to the dark mare. An eye for an eye, so they said, why couldn't it be a secret for a secret?

talk talk talk

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Fuck.
Two more came to the cave, one was like a white and thin ghost whilst the other one was a short draft paint. She immediately liked the ghost better. Her name was Nadira, as she introduced herself, and she seemed nervous. Why was she nervous?

Delinne was the one who should be nervous! She was the prisoner!

Her stomach felt big, and clumsy, and she backed away from the others. Why was she bigger? She looked fat, and she didn't remember eating too much lately. A sigh left the black mare, and she lied down once again. She didn't have time for this... She needed to finish the damn quest. The information she needed was probably not here, which made this situation useless.
Delinne had almost spent a whole year now with the quest, and she didn't want to make it even longer. Who knew how long the God would wait?

Couldn't Azzaron come and free her? That shouldn't be too hard. She missed him... More now than ever. She felt alone in this crowd of equines.
Though, Nadira was a unicorn. Still, she felt alone.

Delinne looked up at the others and observed them with a face without emotions. Aaron, as the paint draft had introduced himself, stood by Insanity - fitting name for that mare - and it was clear that he was on her side of this.

They were mad. She had done nothing wrong. Right?

"Delinne, is my name, if you must know. Now can someone PLEASE explain why I'm imprisoned?" She stared at Insanity, trying to see behind the wicked smile.
She deserved an explanation.

ooc: Blergh.
word count: 271
DELINNE
Remember?

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Argetlam felt there was more confusion than anything to be found here; the great draft let heave a sigh amongst the spurting seeds of mayhem. While it was, perhaps, good enough to seek out companionship of others, and certainly felt good to meet new members of the herd such as Nadira, he wasn't sure how comfortable he felt with the meeting coming out from chaos. Judgemental as that may seem to the great stallion, he cannot shake off the feeling the dark mare should not have been taken forcefully. Yet neither is it his place to annouce it so and demand her freed, and that isn't like the gentle peace-keeper anyway. But if he is to debate the pros and cons of Insanity's actions, he must also include Delinne's foul tongue. Nothing comes of speaking rudely.

"Delinne, please, there is no use for foul language." Argetlam murmurs, sending her a pleading glance with his burnished amber eyes. He then turns his near-silent attention back to Insanity, who seems to be becoming quite stressed, like a strand of metal being worn thin from use from too many years; and the burnished chocolate mare snaps, effectively sending the snail shrinking back into his shell, or turtle if you prefer. The metal-bender's mouth closes firmly and his ears twitch back; he tilts his head down a touch and his dusty, straw-like mane falls across his sweet yellow and gold eyes. It is just then that he realizes how hot it is; the Tallsun heat seems to have penetrated even this cavern, and the emitted warmths of the bodies do not help this case.

Maybe he should remove himself from this dilemma, instead of simply standing here and creating more difficulty. But Argetlam does not, and maybe it's simply because of the walls of quiet stone that thump with the heartbeat of metal. It's all around him, soothing and steady, and it keeps his sturdy feet from leaving.

Unregistered

I n s a n i t y

The tense air was suffocating in the cave. More than anything she wanted out of the place and away from the prying eyes of others. But there was Delinne. The black mare glanced at her prisoner, but no remorse for her actions were felt for the innocent girl. Insanity didn't feel remorse.

Insanity looked away, her dark eyes turning as ebony as the rest of her body as the sun started to sink below the horizon of the mountains. She was tired from making the efforts to steal Delinne in the first place, not to mention the headache she had gained from listening to the other horse's bickering. The heat of Tallsun was no help either.

"The sun is setting. Any questions you have for me will be answered tomorrow, we all need sleep," Insanity said, closing her orbs. The mare turned swiftly and headed to the back of the cave, her slender figure was encased in the darkness of the shadows in the farthest reaches of the cave. No one would be able to tell if she was sleeping or awake, if they dared to try and find her, they would likely be lost in the shadows.

talk talk talk

[ooc: i don't even know who's turn it is, but i'm posting anyways.]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

NADIRA only nodded in agreement to Insanity’s suggestion at sleep. But the white mare would not join them in slumber. The thought of dreaming did not appeal to her, especially locked away in a cave. Dark, dank, and dreary were not something that intrigued her at the current moment. Gazing over at the ebony mare, being held prisoner, she felt horrible for leaving the poor girl here with such company, but trust didn’t come easy, and so leaving the cave for the night seemed to be her only option.

“I am sorry to leave your company, Delinne. But I have other matters to attend to. I wish the best in these circumstances.”

She turned her attention to the rest of her herd mates, auds twitching as they caught hold of soft dripping from the back of the cave. She wondered if she would ever overcome her past and her nightmare’s and fears. Until that day happened, she would learn to cope with it the best she knew how.

“Good night Argetlam, Aaron, and Isanity. It was nice to meet some more members of the Foothils.”

And with that, her milky frame pivoted and vanished into the shadows of the night.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

As the sun began to set, there really wasn't much for him to do. In fact, it seemed there really wasn't much for anyone to do but leave the captor and prisoner to themselves. Besides, the heat in the cave was becoming to much with the five of them. Brown eyes looked to the black unicorn mare, wondering what the shadow had in store for her. His eyes watched as the shadow moved towards the back of the cave. Well, that seemed to be everyone's que to go. his mind then wandered to the egg that should be hatching anytime now. With a snort he turned to his herd mates and spoke. "It was nice to meet you all." He was suddenly shy, which was unlike him. There was also a strange pull in the back of his mind, one that was trying to led him away from here.

Without another word the painted draft began to head off to his egg. Something inside him made he even more eager to reach it. Almost like there was a tugging on his senses. Could the egg be hatching? With excitement he exited the cave, breaking into a gallop to get back to the safe hiding place quickly. Hooves pounded into the earth as the sun was setting, not wanting the egg to be alone in the dark of the night. Sure in the Foothills it would be safe... but just in case. After all if it was hatching, he needed to be there to seal the bond between himself and whatever was in the egg.

"something to say"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Goodbye. Only goodbyes as the paint and the ghost left. Insanity sunk into the shadows, making herself invisible. But Delinne knew that she was there, and slightly scared of what she would do if the black mare decided to escape.
The dappled stallion was still with her though and she observed him closely. He was big, much taller than her and he would easily break her down in case they ever fought. He reminded her of the crafter that had once been in her old home, and she wondered if he was related in any way.
It was only the horn that was missing in the dappled's forehead.

His eyes were colored like the shade of amber, which reminded her a bit of Lace. Their eyes were almost the same color. The mare shook off the thought and observed him a bit more.
She couldn't see much more, as the sun was gone and the night had invaded the sky. Darkness had invaded the cave a long time ago though, even if it had been early evening when she woke up earlier. Time went by way too fast, lingering their memories into one single blur that would be forgotten soon.
Delinne couldn't help feeling sleepy, but she stayed awake for as long as she could. Last time she had fallen asleep, she ended up here.

Oh, she missed the herd. And Mauja. And Azzaron. She thought about the differences between the icy unicorn she called her King and the fiery pegasus that loved her. They were opposites and would probably never meet, but still they shared one single thing.
The memory of Delinne.

The mare looked at Argetlam, wondering why he still was there. Was he the guard that she would have, keeping her from escaping their home? She was too afraid to escape, and she still felt like she had some kind of purpose in this whole stealth. Maybe Insanity had stolen her for a reason?

ooc: Well, this sucked >.>
word count: 327
DELINNE
Remember?

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Argetlam was thinking, in that slow, methodological way he liked to think. Insanity had avoided his question altogether, insisting upon him leaving, about the night falling and sleep being needed. Did she have a viable reason, even, for taking hold of the dark mare? It didn't seem likely. Even a petty reason would be better than no reason, in his opinion. The Foothills' didn't need to be creating enemies. They were a peaceful nation, he thought to himself, not a bad-ass, kick-ass, war-hungry, fighting mongrel herd. That was why he had joined, after all, for peace in the mountains and cropping grass, tail-swishing and idle chatter, honing his metal skills.

He didn't want that peace interrupted by a slinking shadow who snuck around after dark, creating enemies out of thin air. This mare had wild-scent on her, outcast-scent, but who wasn't to say she might have friends, allies, powerful enemies? The heat in here was stifling, seeming to stop his breathing, confusing him, trapping him, boxing him in. Thank the gods he didn't have to stay in here for a night, or a week, or however long Insanity planned to keep the poor dark mare here.

So asorbed he was in his thinking he seemed to miss the others leaving, until Insanity had melted into the shadows (was she there? It was hard to tell.) and Delinne seemed to be staring at him. Nadira had gone, her pale presence into the night sky glittering with stars. Aaron had disappeared as well. Shaking his head firmly, Argetlam began to back away, and with only a whispered good-bye, he turned on his haunches and trotted out in the cooler air. But that night, when he slept underneath the trees, he kept thinking about her... and why Insanity would have done this.