the Rift

yet another lover 'o the seas[Pirates/Vicer]

Alvilda Posts: 12
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Alvilda
A ship is called she because there is always a great deal of men around her. I change that.

I beat my large wings, pushing myself onward. I had been flying from the Threshold, trying to beat Vicer. Speaking of him, where was he? I don't bother to glance down, afraid that my speed might decrease. Instead I focus my amber orbs on the landscape before me. Sparkling blue waters and the setting sun. I longed to plunge into the crystal waters, but I had to find Vicer and the rest of the pirates first.

I touch the earth slowly, my hooves outstretched. Sand is kicked up as I hit the ground, smiling. "Vicer!? I beat you t' t' beach!" I laugh a little, enjoying the moment. I swing around to face where I had came from. Amber orbs focus on the horizon. Water laps at my hooves, wishing to pull me out to sea, which I wish to do. I wish to just... float away. To let the water slip around me in a warm little blanket, to caress me in it's warm and salty waves.

I snort, forgetting the thought. Instead I stand and wait, wondering what the pirates in this land do for fun. I turn to the land, staring at it. Do they have rum here? It's funny, this is the first question I think of when there could be thousands of other questions to ask. I turn towards the horizon once more, gazing deeply at it. I sigh, enjoying the view for just a moment. Probably the most peaceful moment in all my life. Just for now, anyway. Soon enough the pirates would come and everything would be chaotic.

[[My worst post ever. >.<]]

"Sharin' tales"
Thinkin' thoughts
Movin' round and round

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
For a moment, the pegasus stood alone on the beach, and then Vicer arrived in a spray of seawater, his hooves churning the shallow water into waves and splashes. He skidded to a stop, throwing up another gout of water, then stood hoof-deep in the ocean, sides heaving, sweat flecking his coat. He looked at Alvilda with new respect. "That...was...awesome." he managed. Vicer liked to run. He wasn't sure why, he just did, even if he came out behind. And any horse, even a mare, who could keep up with him was okay in his book. He walked forward a few paces, scanning the beach for his crew members. "They should be around here somewhere." he said. "Might as well tell them to get their butts in gear and come greet you." He reached up, sun glinting off his chestnut back, and whinnied loudly, sending a call across the beach for the Pirates to come and see their new herdmate.

Once he finished his signal and dropped back down, he looked at Alvilda again. "Any of em try to flirt with you, just show em the same fire you showed me." He winked, then laughed. In the back of his mind, he almost felt that he had already "staked out" Alvilda for future courting if he so chose, but seeing as their group was mostly males, he would need to step up his game.

(Sorry for it being so short. Once people start coming in, my posts should look better.)

Alvilda Posts: 12
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Alvilda
A ship is called she because there is always a great deal of men around her. I change that.

I'm only alone for a moment, for in a flash there's a red blur and Vicer's standing there beside me. I wasn't alone anymore. The pirates weren't here though, which was disappointing. My black lips curl into a smile, and the only words I can manage are, " I beat ye here!" I manage my smile for a little longer as I stand there beside Vicer. It was nice here, me and him... alone.

What was I thinking?!

I shake my head as Vicer walks forward so he wouldn't see me. Was I... liking him as a little more than a crew mate? I snort, a little shocked at my own feelings. I'm snapped back to reality as Vicer whinnies into the air around us, trying to call out to the other pirates. I perk my ears, waiting.

What he says next was a little shocking. The other pirates, trying to flirt... with me? I almost laughed aloud. But I kept myself from doing so, because then I'd look insane. "Then I'll show them t' same fire I showed you if they do try and flirt with me!" I smile, placing myself closer to Vicer. I sigh for a moment before speaking again. "Do guys have rum or anythin' like that around here?" My amber orbs scan the beach before they settle back down on Vicer. His glistening chestnut coat and his calming voice. It was all I wanted. I shake my head again, feeling stupid. I stand beside him, waiting for the other pirates to arrive.

[[ So sorry I never replied earlier! ^^; Very bad post too. .__.]]

"Sharin' tales"
Thinkin' thoughts
Movin' round and round

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cosette was fairly new to the pirates but Corsair had made her feel highly welcomed among them. He was always so nice to her and the more she was with him the fonder of him she grew. She was falling for the younger, shorter stallion. But none of that really mattered to her, he was perfect to her.

Cosette found herself walking the beaches to find some of the other pirates to try and introduce herself, and make herself more known with the pirates. She would have to do that, especially if she wanted to pursue ANYTHING with the captain. The wind was blowing ever so slightly and felt amazing on her skin. The ocean breeze filling the air with the scent of the water.

Two voices caught the larger mares attention. They both had a pirate like sound to their voices, so they must have been some of her crew! She shook her head happily as she trotted elegantly over to the two. A mare and a stallion. Co slowed her her pace to stand before the two, dropping her head to be more at their height.

Ahoy thar! I am Cosette, It would seem that ye are some of me crew mates? She said offering a soft warm smile to the two. Oh how exciting it was to finally meet more of her new family. People she could finally be herself with and actually relax around. People who would accept her for who she was. A family.

Cosette looked out towards the sea again as she often did, just taking in and admiring her beauty. Another smile caressed her face, for it was something she couldn't help but do when she looked over the ocean. The calming sound of the waves, the cold refreshing wetness. Jut everything about the ocean was perfect. Beautiful.

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
"That's the spirit." said the chestnut with a grin. He was starting to like this mare more and more, despite her tomboyish attitude. Normally, he was used to the tomboys sharply rejecting him when he dared to flirt, not that he minded. It was good fun to tease 'em. Alvilda, however, was different. She was feisty, but not unpleasant like so many were to him (with good reason, though). Just the kind of mare their group needed. At the mentioned of "rum" his brow furrowed. "Rum? Can't say I've heard of that, sweetness. What is it?" Vicer's homeland was an arid region of Loorien, a land of deserts and prairies and red canyons and cliffs. While some less-nomadic herds had a basic grasp of herblore and could create more opportunity for their preferred food plants to grow by weeding out undesired sprouts, brewing was beyond their ability. The closest he had ever come to intoxicating drinks was fermented apples.

A gust of wind blew his forelock into his eyes, and he tossed his head to clear his vision again. As he did so, he noticed a mahogany-and-white unicorn trotting towards them. Mare, if her build and wavy mane were anything to go by. Oh, and she was pretty, all right. The white really accented her coat. But Vicer's current attention in that respect was drawn more to the bay pegasus beside him. He gave the mare a grin and a nod as she introduced herself. "That we are." he said. "I'm Vicer, and this is Alvilda, our newest recruit." To be honest, sometimes he worried about the future of their band. It was still small, and since Cormac had disappeared they hadn't been doing anything at all. At least Corsair had stepped up in his place.

(If only he knew about their OOC drinking party xD)

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: corsairtable.png]

CORSAIR

Corsair had been thinking a lot lately. Thinking about protecting and managing the band of Pirates he led so faithfully, and then, Cosette. Did he love her? Could he protect her? Could he protect the band? How could he protect the band and Cosette?

The bay dipped his head, a sigh escaping his lips as he closed his sparkling blue eyes as if they'd hide him from the world as well as the stress of it. Corsair was perched upon a lone rock on the shores of the endless blue, the sun beating down upon his dark back relentlessly. He had simply been watching the waves, engulfed in his own thoughts, when a familiar voice interrupted the bay. It was soft and bell like, thickly laced with a french accent. Cosette.

Corsair perked up, his sea-like eyes fluttering open as they searched for the mare he had come to cherish so much in the short time he'd known her. They finally came to fall upon his lovely Cosette chattering with a member of the band, Vicer, and another mare he knew not of. As captain, it was Corsair's job to protect his crew. Intruders on their stretch of beach, like this new mare, must be dealt with.

The bay swiftly trotted up to the three, his bright blue eyes gazing at the new mare curiously. Her coat was dark, spots gathering upon her body, but had a muscular build and long wings. She was the same height as himself, potential for a nice pirate's lass showing clearly upon her. The mare didn't smell of any particular herd, and the other band members weren't displaying any hostility towards her. So why should he?

"Vicer, Cosette, 's fine to see ye two on this lovely day," Corsair smiled brilliantly, pulling himself up to his full height. The bay's eyes lingered on Cosette momentarily, relieved she was okay and seemed happy, then moved to the new mare. "But I don' believe I've had tha pleasure o' meeting ye," Corsair continued, looking upon the new mare approvingly. "Name's Corsair, buccaneer of tha sea an' Capt'n of tha Pirates that reside here on tha shores o' tha endless blue," The bay finished, his expectant gaze locked on the new mare. He was afraid if he looked upon Cosette one more time, he wouldn't be able to tear his eyes off her.

"talk talk talk"

Take what you can, give nothing back.