the Rift

To Help, To Heal [Ophelia, The Grey]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

With each and every step that he took, the black and white contours of his body weaving almost leisurely through the thick vegetation that had become his home, his thoughts strayed and wandered within the depths of his skull. Where the thick dancing shadows once scared the stallion, now Apollo only looked on, knowing that the darkness was simply an extension of the beauty of the woods. And beautiful it was. Ever since obtaining his gift before the crystal pool of water, courtesy of the apparition of the White-Stag, the paint’s outlook on his home had seemed to have changed.

He was still that same boyish stallion who had wandered into Helovia, but there was a subtle difference, a slight shift in his life-force. As before to him the woods seemed daunting, Apollo now felt that he understood the gnarled, archaic twisting trees that made up the Deep Forest. The honey-brown orbs of his eyes could lock onto the trees around him, and almost feel the life force that flooded through their forms. All due to the simple generosity of the White-Stag.

Pausing in his steps, Apollo lifted his head and inhaled deeply through his nostrils, honeyed eyes falling closed. “Thank you.” He said again, seeming to no one, but he was indeed thanking the Whit-Stag for his gift. Eyes sliding open, the black and white overo remained stationary for a moment longer before continuing on his journey. Currently the stallion was searching for Ophelia, to inform her of the gift he had received and how he intended to use it, to help the Grey. They had become his family, albeit slightly dysfunctional at times, but they had become everything to him. They offered him structure, protection, and power… But there was little Apollo wanted with power.

As a matter of fact, all he had wanted was a family to love and take care of. And now, with his gift, he could. Coming to a stop in the deep bowels of the forest, Apollo lifted his head and spoke, calling out through the trees. “Ophelia, if you can hear me… Will you please grace me with your presence?”

[ooc: Apollo will be inquiring about the position of Medic with the Grey. :3 All Grey members are welcome!]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia intended to do right by her band, now that her memories were restored. In her absence, she had noticed her sister needing her and she was not there. Ktulu and Ophelia experienced their first fight because of the Sun God, and the alabaster mare loathed every second. The words of her sister's accusations still haunted her mind, casting a shadow in her mind. As she meditated on the past, Ophelia moved steadily into the future, her hooves walking a familiar path, taking stock of the little forest they had been forced to call home. She needed to reacquaint herself with the Grey, especially since Tor was now gone. A bruise still rested on her heart from that betrayal, but at least she still possessed her amulet.

When Ophelia looked up, she came odd, miscolored eyes to amber in surprise. Not many managed to sneak up on her, but she had also been trapped in her own thoughts. Immediately she memorized his appearance, taking in every ruffled edge of a spot and twist of his crystal blue horn. He was handsome, she decided, but she had never met him before. However, from his words, he obviously knew who she was, and she furrowed her brows. She would have remembered if she had run across him before, but alas.

"Hello, I am Ophelia," she replied with a pleasant smile. "I apologize if this seems rude, but what is your name? Did my sister bring you into the Grey?" she asked curiously, tilting her head ever so slightly to the side. The silver dragon landed on her back, crimson eyes looking at the stallion with a distracted interest. He smiled, however, and then looked around at the large trees, hungry. Like a cat, he crouched and waited until a squirrel was just above him, and at the precise moment, he launched from Ophelia's back and propelled through the air, snatching the squirrel.

Politely, he took the carcass elsewhere to consume. "What can I do for you?"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

It didn’t take long before his call was answered. She arrived as if deep in her thoughts, two-toned eyes holding a troubling gaze, and it appeared that she was unaware of his presence. Snapping to, however, Apollo watched as she took in his appearance before finally inquiring who he was. Of course, with someone as busy as she probably was, being a leader of their family, Apollo didn’t blame her in the slightest for not knowing his name. Allowing a smile to cross his lips, the unicorn shook his head, ebony mane swaying slightly in the covered shadows of the trees.

“It’s alright, Ophelia. Thank you for meeting with me.” He said softly to remedy any worry of appearing rude or unkind, “My name is Apollo.” He dipped his head slightly in greeting, the crystalline blue of his horn glinting in the light. It was the first time he had officially met Ophelia, and wanted to simply show his respect. The normally boyish stallion knew when to behave and act respectful, and this was one of those times. “No… I’m afraid that Ktulu didn’t bring me here. Phaedra, actually… She found me in the Threshold two seasons back, and brought me into your family. Ktulu welcomed me into the Grey, and… I have to say that I’m very thankful for it.” For family, to Apollo, meant everything. And that was exactly what the Grey had become.

Deciding to not beat around the bush and come right out with what he was inquiring, the black and white overo inhaled sharply and then released his breath. When he spoke next, there was nothing but honest emotion thick in his voice, passion in the underlay of his tones. “I wish to help the Grey in the only way I know how. I’m not a fighter, Ophelia…” A humorless chuckle escaped his lips then. While that statement was true, it also wasn’t, for if he was pushed and put in the right situation, Apollo would kill for his newfound family. His battle against the wolf-pack and the Kraken proved that. “Far from it. Instead, I want to offer my services as our doctor; our medic… I know that the position is open, ever since Tor left for the Edge.” Here, he trailed off, uncertain if his words would hurt the alabaster mare. How close Tor and Ophelia had been, the stag didn’t know.

“I just…” Apollo breathed in a deep sigh once more, a troubled expression crossing across his maw before finishing, “I just want to keep my new family safe and well.”

[ooc: Sorry for the poor post… XD I need some sleep.]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."