the Rift

A Mirrored Reflection [ophelia & osiris]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The mid afternoon sun was shunned by the canopy of the densely populated forest, while the rustling of leaves and brush made for an eerie aura. NADIRA had ventured south of the Foothills, for no particular agenda, other than to investigate the new lands of her new home; Helovia. As she had continued past the Threshold, the trees were seemingly more crowded, making the scenery feel more like a prison than a forest. Magic permeated from deep wounds that laced the wooden trunks, but none of this phased the sea foam mare.

Her travels left her pondering and reflecting over the past few weeks. No doubt, having crossed paths with Osiris, the wolf horse, had made things… well, had made things more… interesting, to say the least. NADIRA couldn’t find a better word to describe the circumstances she had faced any better than interesting. He had evoked mixed emotions within her, having her second guess her own behavior and mannerisms. Were they really that ancient?

All the same, his company was something she craved desperately. She hadn’t really comprehended that until he had left, in search of Ophelia. The mare was a taller version of her, except with duo tone orbs, and a crimson tipped mane. As she had discovered, appearances had spoken quite clearly, already causing misunderstandings. Not just with Osiris either. Ophelia’s body language spoke of her own mystery through a presence she radiated. Even if she had no memory, no recollection of her past, she had seen it in both Osiris’s and her spheres. The pain had been deep, and it had stirred unknown feelings within her spirit.

Unbeknownst, her hoof falls were silent as death itself. Deep in thought, no one would know of her existence had they not been specifically tracking or looking for her. Though it was midday, and her hide held no pigmentation to speak of, the eeriness of the deep forest only added to her ghost like appearance. What little streams of filtered sunlight that were able to penetrate through the canopy, reflected off her canvas with a bioluminescence effect.

Thoughts of crossing paths with her 'twin' had flooded her pretty head. She wanted to know more of what attracted Osiris to her. She was far from jealous, more honored than anything else to be mistaken for this mare known as Ophelia. It seemed as though there were two of a kind, in some strange way. Though she was certain like the leaves were green that their pasts were not of the same. But she couldn’t be too sure. But she wouldn’t know unless she searched out her answer.

There was no such thing of critters scampering about this deep into the magic of the forest. NADIRA felt the strength of it slowly seeping into her own being as she ventured deeper into the forest. It could only mean one thing; she was entering into the heart of the deep forest, where paranormal occurrences would seem to be an everyday normality.

Silence caged her so that the feather light stir across the surface of the pool echoed like a whisper in her fragile ears. They swiveled atop her crown, catching the direction it came from, altering her path to the heart of the deep forest. Curiosity overtook her. Coming to a stand still beside the edge of the clear liquid, the bloodied bottom captured her focus, almost pulling her into the still liquid. Shivers ran chaotically up and down her spine. How could something so intriguing hold so much evil and death within its wake, she wondered.

The presence of another creature overcame her senses. Though it was not of a threatening ambience, the white mare still lifted her visage and eyed her surroundings cautiously. With as much magic that lived within these trees, she couldn’t be certain as to where or what she would face. Fleeing would only attract whatever it was. The only defense she had at this point was the pool that separated her and the creature. She wasn’t sure how close or how far it was from becoming visible. But with a little bit of patience, hopefully she would soon find out.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

From the darkness of the woods into which Nadira stares, there raises a shrill, familiar voice. "DDDDDDDIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRR," it calls forward, childlike in sound, broken syllables the best that the strange voice could manage without the correct vocal tract and tongue. From behind the shrieking greeting flies a beast of shining black, vibrant violet eyes, a toothy grin pulled on his features as he darts like an arrow from a bow across the pool, landing with claws on the body of the tree by Nadira's head. The smile of the dragon eminates forward, curious purple eyes staring down from an angular and tiny face. A cooing noise raises from the throat of the little reptile as he leaps from the trunk to try and catch a grip on Nadira's horn.

Comadre, the little black bonded of Osiris the wolf.

Stepping easily from behind the mass of trees, the hybrid also pulls out from the shadows like a nightmare. The angles of his strangely furred face catching all of the odd speckles of light, a cascade of colors which paint the grey and brown fur as well as the gold of his eyes. Where the light does not touch, eerie black remains, inking out the horror features from vision. Two perked ears are lifted from a mass of hair, forward and friendly. This was no monster that Nadira had not already met. "Lady Nadira," he says quietly into the still air of the forest. "You have traveled far from your home." His voice is spoken in a matter-of-fact tone, but the meaning of his words seems to chide the girl for her actions. "This forest is not a place you should roam unaccompanied."

"Don't be rude, Osiris. She is a full grown mare," Comadre throws back into his mind, receiving nothing but a stare from his bonded. The two hold gaze for a few moments before feral eyes slide lazily back to the pure crystals of blue set among a field of pristine white. The wolf had not seen Nadira since he had fled to find Ophelia, with little immediate success. By the time he had found the girl of blood and snow, her memories had already returned, and with it, fresh sadness which soaked her face like rain. The other mare - what had she called her? Tor? - finished stabbing a knife into the gentle girl's back before running away like a coward, the scene still irritating the hybrid when his mind wandered back to it. Should the wolf ever meet the paint again, there would be no kindness in his heart for her. However, for this pale mare, there was plenty.

Stepping completely from the shadows, Osiris is visible in the dimlight which seeps through the canopy to paint himself in a darker hue of greys. "I trust no one has bothered you, aside from that little pest?" he asks, looking pointedly at the little black trying to sneak his way onto Nadira's neck now. Stopping dead in the air, Comadre curls into a both with a sheepish laugh, before continuing his mission to nestly safely on the perch of the mare, chittering strange gutteral noises with each lithe movement.

[ ooc; blergh this is bad. sorry. It will be better hopefully. x.x ]
""

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The white form that encompassed the timeless essence jumped a little at the shrill that exited the darkness of the shadows. But when Comadre appeared under the streaks of lights, a sigh of relief flooded over her, and she knew it would only be a moment and Osiris would be right behind.

The dragon landed just above the unicorn’s façade, the first she had encountered such closeness to the creature, and a feeling of honor filled her. For Comadre to show such trust towards her, with no bond holding them, she respected the gesture and did not take it for granted. Instead, a sparkle flashed in those glacier orbs of her’s, like a shooting star. The smile that creased her maw was one of those shy but contagious ones.

“Well, it’s good to see you too Comadre.”

Her words were light and she moved her ivory horn closer to the dark dragon, so he may crawl onto it, if he so desired. This would be a first for her, to encounter anything like this of the sort, and she couldn’t help but feel her nerves rise and cause butterflies to evolve. She quietly wondered if Comadre did this often with his bonded’s other friends or acquaintances, but chose not to voice her curiosity in the matter.

Just like a scene out of a horror movie, the wolf horse seemed to form out of the shadows. The sunlight that dared to peek through the treetops rested on his frame, highlighting certain features and leaving some to the shadows. If she had not known Osiris on a personal level, the circumstance would have sent her back in the other direction she had come from. But Comadre had already set the stage. So to see only half of Osiris, though a few shivers crept down her spine, a queasy sensation outweighed everything else.

She swallowed slowly as he approached her. She could feel herself shrink, though in reality, quite the opposite happened, and she stood taller. His words lingered above her head as she rested her iceberg gaze on his. How could she focus on what was being said when all these mixed emotions were ravaging her from the inside. And in all actuality, she hadn't exactly traveled too far, so to speak. As her wanderer’s heart had not settled down. She couldn’t seem to want or desire to stay in one place.

Her one major fear had been already experienced. Caged in a mortal body, and she would not experience that again. The only way she knew to avoid it, was to wander, to explore. And that was precisely what she was doing. Or had she set out to find Osiris? She could feel her heart drum against her chest and she had to close her orbs to regain her composure. Her auds flicked only once or twice and when she re-examined her surroundings and gathered her bearings, a small smile etched her delicate features. It wasn’t forced, but it wasn’t an over the top gleeful smile either.

“Glad to see you too Osiris. I suppose it’s a good thing you are here then.”

Her wind chime vocals harmonized as they were delicately positioned within the space provided between the two beings. Her brow was slightly raised in a pragmatic fashion, in response to his apparent doubt in her ability to take care of herself. But then she had to remind herself, no one knew who she truly was, truly capable of. And so she let her defensive poise evaporate from her.

Though she couldn’t hear the exchange being made between the two, the stare down is what made her aware of an unnatural vibration that was emitted from the dragon to her horn. Diverting her gaze for the moment, to allow for any privacy she could offer, she let her spheres carry over Osiris’s frame and really observed what made him, well…. Him. It actually quite fascinated her, and she began to think what it must be like to stay warm against his fur when winter would soon come.

She had to shake her pretty little head clear and dry of the thoughts she had let enter and form within her. She had been down that path before, and it had cost her nearly everything she had ever known. Osiris was not a housedog. He was a hybrid equine, with a feral wolf living inside of him. And she had to treat him with the respect his kind deserved.

As he was now fully out of the shadows, she noticed his hide was a darker charcoal hue. She was almost too drunk and intoxicated on his scent alone, to hardly notice Comadre’s little escapade to cradle within her milky strands of silk resting heavily against her sleek nape. His words were richly deep and dark, like the shadows. Like she had felt the darkness elsewhere… the nightmares that seemed to devour her whenever she attempted rest. If she were to see a doctor, back on Earth, she knew precisely what they would deem her problem: insomnia.

Bothered her? Comadre, a pest? She had to smile and a child’s laugh fell from her lips like a dreamy haze.

“Au contraire, monsieur.”

Her French was impeccable, captivating and intriguing. But she wasn’t trying to be anyone but herself. She de-rated her physical beauty to being plain, easily missed and skimmed over for nothing more than a mare who kept her business to herself.

“I like little pests. They keep me company and out of trouble.”

A flicker of an amused smile crossed her façade and she was finally able to feel Comadre settle, nestle himself; embed himself, within her thick mane. She wondered where Ophelia was. Surely after how Osiris had disappeared once the white mare had fled, now she could only guess the two were inseparable. Though it was not jealously that overtook her. She wished to meet the mare, and hoped maybe to make a new friend. Any friend of Osris, she wished to call a friend as well.

ooc: I am so sorry for the long post. But Nadira had way too much to say. Gosh, I almost hated to post all this...

N A D I R A

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

I was dead when I woke up this morning, and I will be dead before the day is done. The sunlight of the day shone down bitterly, laughing at her broken heart with its all too cheery rays. Heat enveloped her like a wool blanket forced over her head and neck, making her reel uncomfortably. Would summer ever end? Would the light of day ever fade? Would the brightness of the day ever cease to laugh in her face and shred her soul again? Would the bright rays she used to love ever stop being a symbol of her utter failure and the Sun God's betrayal? How long could she keep living this way? Whatever the Sun God had killed in her soul was not rotting in a corner, and the stench it left within her heart left a bitter taste in her mouth.

Ophelia had stumbled from the Veins with her memories restored to the Marsh where she had been backstabbed by someone she had considered to be a close friend, to the Basin where she had to keep up her guards to save said friend's ass, and now here. Levi and Osiris had been kind, but Ophelia had to leave them promptly to follow Tor, able to seen in the mare's eyes the sign of stupidity. Still her emotions about the half wolf were mixed, and staring into those golden eyes brought back the memories of standing on the beach as he called for the grey, winged more with more passion than she had ever seen before. He made her feel like a child, naive and ignorant to the world. The wolf's words built her up and his eyes tore her back down, but she always a managed to hide.

The alabaster mare spent her entire life hiding her emotions, and after Tor so flagrantly disregarded them, Ophelia knew that she had made a mistake by confiding the the pinto. A horrible, terrible mistake. She wandered, following her cloven hooves deeper into the forest until two familiar voices shattered her barely stable calm like a knife. The white mare, Nadira, whom she had run across once, and the half wolf her thoughts had wandered to without her trying to control them. Ironic. Cruel even.

She should not be so harsh. Osiris had defended her valiantly, and she needed to thank him. Ophelia took a deep breath and walked through the trees, unable to truly smile at the pair. Instead, she offered a weak crease of her lips and nodded her head slightly. Tinek waved to Comadre, copying the movement the black dragon had made earlier, and the silver one grinned at the white mare, recognizing her as well. He flew closer and landed on a branch just above Nadira, curling his long, scaled tail around a branch and hanging upside down.

Strange, dual colored eyes looked at Osiris, and she wondered if he was able to see her instability. He had known her since she was a tiny, charcoal child amazed by dragons and in awe of the world. "Thank you, Osiris - for earlier, in the Marsh." Her voice was quite, the stunning sound of chimes in her tone rather dimmed. "And hello to you too, Nadira. I am sorry about earlier in the Foothills. I was not myself."

She furrowed her brows curiously. "You venture far from the Foothills. Why?"

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

"You are foolish if you think I can always protect you," he says in response to her statement. While the wolf appreciated her comfort in his abilities, he knew well that their loyalties were not the same. They may have similar hearts, forlorn and wandering, but his had found a family in this land of Helovia, one he would not so easily betray. However, this was not the cause of his words today. He thought little of the Grey upon seeing Nadira, but instead looked past her and toward his days of Isilme. No matter your strength or your resilience, there was little you could do to stop your loved one from being reft from your side. It was a curious thing, considering that before the wolf had been little more than a pawn to Oblivion. By the time he had found love in his heart to give, the world was trying to tear it from him by other means.

Life, a cruel master, which takes your heart strings and plucks them violently. At the same time, Osiris could hardly chalk his life up to a twisted fate. It was not the workings of a mastermind which led him down paths of heartache, but rather the individuals who had insinuated themselves within his life. Even his mother, her face nearly cleaned from his memory, was not free from blame. Was it not her actions that left him in this body, in this figure? To trust in true love, Akeldema was the biggest fool of all.

The pale girl is like a beacon of light in the forest and his dreary thoughts. Her voices hums and sings on the wind she ushers out of her mouth, happy and joyous even as Osiris's voice would embody darkness and melancholy expressions. She speaks in words he does not recognize, and an ear flicks back in confusion on the wolf's poll. He had never heard such fluid words before, and they sounded foreign but intriguing on the tongue of the mare. His eyes watch her with surprise, even as Comadre makes himself all the more comfortable on her neck. Before he could comment on her spry words, another movement catches his eye. It is the flash of silver which he notices first, and the little black springs back into action just as he managed to get settled. The smaller dragon races up into the air, spiraling up and after Tinek, a welcoming coo from his lips as he lands on the branch that the younger dragon hangs from. Staring curiously at the tail of the other with a sideways head, the dragon extends a claw to poke at the scaled tail gently. His violet eyes look back to Ophelia with a toothy grin. "Oooophee!" he calls down toward her, making sure that she knew she was far from forgotten in the mind of the dragon.

The wolf's own eyes widen in surprise as he looks around to find her pale figure arising from the shadows, as he had not been expecting her company on this day. "You need not apologize, Ophelia. I only acted upon what I felt was right," he says with a slight smile, looking back toward Nadira as the lithe mare speaks to his other company. The twins of pale white. Suddenly, Osiris is abashedly reminded of when he met Nadira and called her by the wrong name. Little did he know speaking the name of the mare he had been looking for would seem to tie the trio together at several opportunities.
""

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

"You are foolish if you think I can always protect you."

His retort wasn’t completely set aside, as it lingered on the chord strings in the back of her cranium. It was a good thing she had long ago stopped depending on others, or she might have taken more offense to his words, for they would have been true. But nothing stopped what she felt, and it stung in the tiniest corner of her being, to know she had to deny everything she ever felt for the wolf horse. Maybe in a fairy tale ending, things could have had a happy ending, but now her fairy tale had turned reality, and reality never ended in a happily ever after…

The unblemished figment of the girl bearing the horn could see there were more words to be said, but the attention span of the two was diverted to the unicorn’s twin… Ophelia. Despite the height and the bloodied tips of hair strands, the two could have been mirror images of each other. It was quite evident to Nadira that there was hesitation on Phi’s part. She tilted her visage as Phi joined them, wondering why the hesitation. Was her presence so new to the world of Helovia, that she was still regarded with apprehension in some fashion?

Tinek and Comadre gave quite a display of their welcoming greeting, before settling down once again, absorbed in each other and other fascinating things of the sort. Nadira saw the surprise surface at Phi’s entrance and then dim all within seconds. It was strange, really, for she had witnessed it in the Foothills as well. Was she missing something that she should have been able to pick up on? The taller mare offered a thank you to Osiris, for a favor it seemed earlier. Though Osiris appeared, as it had been only habit and the right thing to do at the time. What a funny way of accepting an apology, she thought to herself. And then she turned to Nadira, with an apology for her actions while their meeting in the Foothills, and the petite mare placed on a smile on her delicate features.

“We can never truly prepare ourselves for unexplainable occurrences. What is done is now past. I am glad you stopped by. I hope we did not detour your route.”

Again, the burning gaze she felt as the wolf’s orbs looked toward her was enough to make her feel heated. But with the other mare’s question, in lieu of Osiris’s inquiry towards her wanderings, it was a pleasant distraction to focus on, for the time being. Her brows had furrowed, asking her about her venture from the Foothills, and Nadira figured now would be as good a time as any to answer the question that had seemed to cross both her company’s thoughts.

“I did indeed venture a bit out of the way, I suppose. But I am a bit of an explorer. A gypsy at heart, and to be quite honest, I have probably gotten turned around just a bit. But everything is so captivating in these parts of Helovia, I find myself lost with intrigue, that I end up exploring more than I should, probably.”

She was also known for daydreaming and getting side tracked quite easily. So it did not surprise her that she had found herself so far deep into the forest. She would have eventually found her way out. Or might have decided to turn back and follow her way out, the way she had come in. It hadn’t been like she was trying to sneak her way about. If she had done that, she would have left an untraceable path. But it was quite clear the path she had taken, as she took a quick glance to survey the small amount of twigs and branches she had snapped on her way there.

“Why is it that I find the two of you here? Of all places…”

Her singsong lyrics faded as she found herself lost in thought, bringing her focus back to Osiris and Phi.

N A D I R A