the Rift

hello little maniac, azúcar

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Corsair was suffocated by the Threshold, he simply had to get away from the godforsaken place. As he had traveled, he realized he had gone farther away from the ocean in his haste. Snorting, Corsair trotted through the unfamiliar land. He would wait until night to navigate his way back to the blue, when the stars were alight and pointing him the right way, but for now, he might as well adventure.

Sweat slicked Corsair's coat down, heat smoldering his mahogany pelt. Corks and mane went everywhere as he moved, blue orbs taking very few notes of the surroundings. He didn't particularly care for this place, the 'Spectral Marsh', they called it.

Corsair stopped dead in his tracks. Murky water now surrounded him. He looked around for any horses, but saw none. Testing the water, Corsair lightly dipped his hoof into the mush. It was slimy. He wouldn't dare try and get through that.

Sighing, the old salt stuck to the edges of the marsh. He was disappointed, but also wary. Corsair didn't trust this place...

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 50f03b5b5d58d]

Azúcar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Beast travels through the swamp. Surrounded by eerie plants and a disgusting smell, the beast felt at home. Especially as bones were kicked up as the beast walked along. It's small figure shifted through the shadows, it's eyes scanning the area. If only the sun was gone. Then this wouldn't be able to get any better. A devious smile spreads across lips as another figure is spotted. Slowly slinking through the shadows where the victim could not see the beast as it hunts.

In an instant maw is opened gently, a cruel laugh slipping out. The laugh echoed around the marsh, thundering around. "You know... many have slipped into this place and never come out. Just look here." Swiftly the small beast slips in front of the bay rabicano victim. Slowly hoof is hooked into the skull of another. Leg jerks, tossing the equine skull at the horses' hooves. "You shouldn't trust this place." The beast says. In all the twelve months of the beast life, it had never been in a swamp so eerie. A swamp it felt home in. Until now anyway. A wispy ghost appeared beside the beast.

"Don't torture more souls dear." The maw of the apparition moves as it steps closer to the beast. Mother, what do you want? Ears flick back, waiting. The beautiful ghost slides closer to her child, her horn is worn proudly atop her head. She has flowing, wavy locks of hair. Her youthful figure slips towards her child, wishing, longing to embrace her. "When did you become such a monster?" Instantly the beast's plum orbs widen up, head snaps towards the fem figure, wondering where that question had come from. I was always this way. The beast slinks away from the ghastly figure, towards the bay stallion. He was an equine, smelling of saltwater. He's a pirate. A grunt comes from the beast as it puts a hoof onto dry land. "Why is a salty smelling horse like you in the marsh?" Silence easily slips between the two horses, the beast waiting for the stallion to speak. Will he ask for my name like all others do? The beast ponders as it waits for the bay rabicano pirate to speak.

Unregistered

The most eerie voice Corsair had ever heard echoed throughout the swamp, stopping the stallion in his tracks. His ears flicked around nervously, searching for the monster who's voice that belonged to. It sounded feminine and young, but also ravenous. What was that he detected in the voice? Oh, yes. Eagerness. 'To kill no doubt,' Corsair thought grudgingly.

An equine skull was kicked to his feet, skidding to a halt at his hooves. Corsair took a step back, away from the whitened skull, fear bubbling inside the Pirate's heart. He rarely got this feeling. He wanted to run, to get away from the place, but nausea and sleep kept him there. If he tried to even trot at this point, Corsair's legs would give out all too easily.

Corsair analyzed the situation quite thoroughly. He was in an unknown area with a maniac, and he was far too tired to escape. A figure materialized from the shadows, shock glazing Corsair's fine blue eyes. The figure was a filly, a yearling. She had, in fact, been the one speaking to him, but there was a tangible sense of crazy that stuck to her like a clownfish to it's anemone.

"Gettin' away from tha Threshold," Corsair replied politely. He wouldn't give his name to her, and he didn't want hers in return. It'd be all too easy for them to hunt each other down if they knew the other's name. He didn't want that. "Tha place is awful this time o' year, full o' young'ins who don't know what they're doin'."

Corsair would keep the filly talking, if he could. Wait for something to come along and escape at the right time. It seemed like a perfect plan except for one small detail Corsair had forgotten to plan out:

He had nowhere to escape to.

"talk talk talk"

Azúcar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I snort. Such a fool. I roll my lavender eyes, looking at the tree tops. I straighten out, snorting again. My dark nostrils flare and my eyes are focused on the bay rabicano. I step forward, my legs splashing about.

I would dye this water red.

I step up onto the path the stallion was walking on so that I faced him, my form was small compared to his, but I was still a yearling. I tilt my head, examining his body. I could hit one of his vital organs and race away... that wouldn't be to hard right? While staring at him I slide back into the murky water, wading away as if I was leaving. "Sorry this is quick, but I must be going." I call out, glancing back quickly. I circle around, guessing the stallion wasn't going to track me with his eyes like a hound dog.

I slip into the shadows behind a tree, splashing away. I step up onto the dry path again once I was twenty or so feet away. I take a loose branch and slap it against the water, making it seem as though I was still walking away. I gradually decrease the power of the slap until there was silence, only then do I gently drag the stick back onto the ground and begin to walk forward, making sure my hooves didn't make a sound. After walking ten feet I pause, staring at the stallion. Should I go forward with this? I push the thought away and step forward a few more feet before charging. I don't scream, just lower my head and aim my horn at his leg or his thigh. If he turned around I would quickly raise my head. If he jumped away, well, so be it. I would give chase.

I wanted to taste flesh. Charging forth, I almost scream out, HORNLESS GARBAGE. But I wanted to be silent as I charged. I would only scream those two words when the stallion was either wriggling around in pain or running like a coward with his tail between his legs. I wanted to feel the blood run down my lavender horn.

[[Azucar being Azucar... >.> Sorry for a late post. ^^;]]

Unregistered

'This filly is weird,' Corsair thinks to himself as Azúcar begins to wade away. He caught the subtle scent of Basin as she began to slid away. No wonder she was so odd, for the unicorns of that land confused the bay. They were all very strange and hateful of any species other than their own. Did that mean Azúcar hated Corsair as well? He was sure, but the stallion was glad to see the filly leave.

"'S been nice chatting with ye!" Corsair called after the filly, the initial shock of meeting with the filly still dazing the Captain. He turned his head to look forward, finally realizing he didn't know where to leave to. His deep blue eyes scanned the area as he began to move his head back, turning it ever-so-slightly to see Azúcar charging at him with her horn aimed at his hocks. Looks like she did hate him after all.

The Captain waited until Azúcar was only a foot from his body to buck, his dual colored hooves aimed for the little twit's horn. She wanted to hurt him, but he wasn't quite that stupid to let her do something of the sort. Corsair was a fighter, and he would fight back. His goal now was to destroy the little demon's horn, or at least chip a piece off of it, for his buck was not a weak one. It was full of all the power he contained in his legs.

If Corsair managed to demolish the filly's horn as much as he wanted to, then he'd be rendering the child defenseless. Then she would never, ever, be able to hurt another decent horse again. The Captain didn't see much use in that kind of violence anyways, so he might be saving some future horses a lot of trouble.

"talk talk talk"