the Rift

A Dangerous Alliance [Ktu+Phaedra?]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

The dark forest was in the cloudy after-effects of a rainy morning. The mist was clearing, but everything smelled like wet earth and rotting leaves. Most of the wildlife had the sense to stay in their nests and dens and away from the unusually chilly Tallsun morning. Except for a few larger animals, like deer, or the silhouette of an equine trotting easily through the forest growth. The sooty dunskin stallion picked his way carefully along the deer track, his acid green eyes scanning the surrounding landscape for any sign of movement.

It had been a week since he had left Phaedra to do as he had instructed and now the stallion was trotting deep into the forest where he had been told the Grey lived. He had been recruiting tirelessly in the time since then and even though he had not had much luck, he was confident that those that had decided to follow him would be loyal soldiers when the time came. Tio had been surprised by how fast everything seemed to be falling into place, his plan grounding onward with little hesitation and so far, almost no hiccups. He carried himself with a sense of confidence that was hard to match, however, his expression was wary. He knew not how many the Grey were in number, and he knew that if they decided to attack, he may not be able to take them all on at once. He would try, but it would be a foolish and short-sighted thing to do.

Eventually, the stallion came to a clearing and stopped in his tracks, looking about, he let out a loud nicker. "My name is Tio, leader of the Rebellion, and I seek an audience with the leaders of the Grey." He snorted, scarcely daring to hope that someone would answer him.

Ktulu, played by Ali
Phaedra, played by Aud, maybe?

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U         

i'm a slave and i am a master

no restraints and unchecked collectors

The morning was a cool, wet one that left the already dark forest even more dark and dismal. Droplets of water clung to the pale strands of the Constrictor's mane and gave a sheen to her dark coat that was marred only by the white markings she inherited from her father and the bronze marking that was gifted to her from the Earth God. Earlier that morning Ktulu had sent Eytan to find Hototo, wherever it was he had wandered off to, and watch over him while she patrolled their home. Every day it seemed she found someone new trespassing, but unfortunately she had no real claim on the land. She was not leading a herd and the forest had never been established as a herd land.

Today was a day she would not be disappointed, it seemed. A strong male voice rang through the trees, making one of Ktulu's dark ears tilt back and her lips press together. Tio. She snorted at the name the stallion called himself. He was the one that Phaedra had told her about. The one that wanted to take over Helovia. Why was he in her forest? Was he not able to take over on his own and wanting help?

The Constrictor gave the stallion no answer to his call, but she did begin moving in his direction. As per her usual tendency she halted in the trees, her dark body blending with the darkness of the forest and she watched the stallion, read his body language. Judged him.

Several moments later Ktulu moved into the clearing, her body melting from the forest. "You seek an audience and you have one." She said gruffly. "Now speak."

""

Credits

Icon by Tay

Loon

He scented the approach of a mare and his eyes trained on the general area she would come from when she did appear. He did not question her claim of leadership. Tio knew better, and as he was on her land, he also knew that in order for him to get into her good graces, he would need to be respectful and tread carefully. Everything about his success or failure depended on the following conversation. If he flaked it up, it would be the end of his rise to power. He pricked both ears forward, then, and gave her the flawless appearance of a gentleman. "May I have your name?" He asked cordially.

"I'll make this brief. I know that one of your members has told you about me already. I know she has shed as much light on my plans as she can. I'm not going to begin spewing garbage about head-in-the-cloud dreams, my goals are not quite as unreal as you may or may not believe. With that in mind, I have a proposition for you. I can see for myself that you are a horse with an eye for command, and I also know that no heard can exist in the shambles of a dark forest. I mean no offense to your choice of home, but is this really a home?" He asked her, pointedly looking around at the darkness and the mist.

"My offer is simple. I intend to become the Sultan of the Dragons Throat and am in need of your help. If you help me win that battle, I will allow you and all of your subordinates to make a permanent home in the Throat. You will not be under my rule, you will be a separate entity altogether. I am open to negotiation if you would like something more or something different in return for your help, but I am a stallion of my word, and I will hold up my end of whatever it is we agree upon to the best of my ability."

Tio stepped a little closer, stopping a respectful distance from her and nodding his head as he spoke, thinking carefully before he let each sentence travel through the air.

Ktulu, played by Ali
Open?

K T U L U         

"Ktulu." the mare grunted in response to the stallion's request of her name. The stallion then wasted no time in getting straight to the point of his visit, which was what Ktulu had wanted from the get go. She hated to have her time wasted, but as the stallion continued on she began to feel like he was wasting her breath and her time. While Ktulu did not care for the Throat or some of its members she still had friends there and, like her sister, she would not do anything to hurt any of them. No payment was worth their lives and well being.

Kri could thank her lucky stars that Midas and Azzuen resided in the Throat.

A look of calm indifference settled itself upon the mare's features while she waited for Tio to finish his spiel about how he needed her help and how he would repay her. When he offered the Throat as a permanent place for her to live she snorted. "You're wasting my time, Tio." She said with a tone of finality. "I've lived in the Throat and I've no desire to call it home again. I've no desire to even send my warriors to aid you in taking over a desert." Didn't Phaedra say he was charismatic? She certainly didn't see it, but perhaps that was because he was begging for help and not trying to convince her to help him.

Either way, there was no way she would help invade Midas' home.

"I suggest you go back the way you came and begin gathering your army if you intend to invade the Throat." Her tail flicked against her legs and her ears tilted forward because she was sure he would have something to say about his request being turned down.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Loon

Raising one brow at her answer, he thought for a moment, mulling over her refusal and coming up with an answer that would perhaps, turn it around to be at least hopeful. He wondered if maybe her answer was based on the fear of fighting family members, maybe she had loved ones in the Throat that she didn't want to harm, or worse- what if the throat was a place of emotional pain for her and she did not want to be reminded of such things? Tio had thought that his offer was beyond generous, but if she wasn't even going to compromise, then clearly he had been misled.

"What would you have of me, madam? I can build the greatest army in the land, but training soldiers takes time. I am old, I desire power not for the sake of my own greed but for the fact that I miss the responsibility of being in charge. I know that my presence here is as new as a stumbling newborn foal, which is why I need your help. If you wish not to help me, that is your choice. I would not dream of forcing you to help me. I just thought, that you would at least humor me. I open to haggling, especially if there are loved ones involved. If such close ones do exist in the throat, I can assure their safety, if you wish it."

"If you are so set on your refusal, and there is nothing I can say that would convince you to change your mind then I will leave and not waste any more of your time. Good day, miss." As the dun stud spoke, a little of his southern charm broke through as his accent changed, weakening to resemble that of a faint Tennessean strain. The dun was in fact, charming. The tone he employed was respectful, disappointed, yes, but no more than he should be. He was not spiteful or violent, keeping a tight hold on the fury that usually always raged beneath the surface. Everything about his future as a Sultan depended on his mannerisms right now, he wasn't about to blow it by being rude.

With that, the stallion turned and began to step away from the clearing, walking slow in case she called him back. When he was about to disappear, he turned back to look at her with a smile. "Of course... I'm leaving without even telling you the best part, or whatever else I could offer you. My offer will always stand, Ktu. Should you decide to change your mind, you need only to send one of your messengers after me. I will answer you.... Everytime." With that, he turned once again to leave. He hoped, if he left with those words, she would change her mind quickly enough to call him back out of curiosity. It was a gamble, but it was worth a try.

Ktulu, played by Blu
Still open

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lakota had decided that the aging stallion was on her menu for the night, and she intended to feast well.

Nobody slipped past her borders, and she was enraged by the fact that the Grey had not caught him slipping past. Sneaky fucking snake, she hissed in her mind. The call had been unfamiliar, demanding, coercing, and altogether unpleasant. Before song had even finished roan warrior had known well who it was he was calling for, and with a sharp command to Aodaun she had turned and began her race towards her mistress. Ktulu was far stronger than anyone she had met, with a kick ass magic behind her, but it wasn’t her job to protect herself. It was the job of her followers to step forth first and take that first blow for her, and like hell Lakota would allow Ktulu to meet with some fucking stranger. Aodaun understood her anger far better than any other and cublike tendencies had disappeared, his growing body keeping pace with her to the best of his abilities. Lakota felt magic twitch and spark in her veins, biting at the bit to be released. Who was this arrogant bastard, calling upon Ktulu like he was someone of actual importance? Nobody was going to corner her queen, converse with her in shadows that Lakota didn’t lurk in. It already pissed her off that her rounds had taken her from her protective duties, and she thanked her natural silence during her race to make sure nothing happened.

Gait slowed only when she approached, lingering in shadows that concealed all but her enraged violet irises. She waited, a panther on the prowl, Ao stuck obediently at her legs. The pair gazed at Catillatio like he was a mouse, and they were the eagles. His devious nature did not escape her gaze, the words he spun both appealing and politely disappointed. Teeth ground together. She fucking hated that kind. Only when he stepped away did Lakota step forward, wielding her tall stature like a weapon as she stalked forward to her queen’s side. They were evenly matched, she and this stallion. Aodaun followed her closely, teeth bared and growling low in his throat. He was no threat, but when he had aged to adulthood he would be a massive presence that none could ignore. Both pairs of eyes snapped with the coldest of fires, an oxymoron they reveled in. Onyx ears lay flat to her skull, though she resisted the urge to drop her crown and charge him, even managing to keep her teeth concealed. Well wasn’t she minding her manners? ”The best part will have to wait, vermin,” she hissed lowly, tail cracking like a whip against her legs. Without taking her gaze off of him, she let her voice wash over to Ktulu. ”Should you tell me to I will take great joy in watching him rot from the inside out, Ktulu. He will not leave this forest before my poison has killed him.” Gaze narrowed, pinning Catillatio in her sights. The underlying tone of ‘have I missed anything? Has he angered you?’ lay unspoken between the two of them, a mounting anger in Lakota’s breast. Quick gaze snapped around, locating no others. That was a good and a bad sign, for if she did use her magic she may trap up an approaching band member. But it was also good, because it meant innocents like Hototo were not there to be used as pawns by the vile stallion. Lean body quivered, a bow ready to be released the moment Ktulu gave the word.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

K T U L U         

Ktulu continued to wear a mask of indifference even as Lakota emerged from the trees with her companion and biting words aimed at the stallion who had sought her out for help. "Calm yourself, Lakota." She said to her shadow before focusing once again on Tio. "You claim that you can build the greatest army in the land and yet you have no one who followed you here." Ktulu pointed out. "I believe if you had the followers that you claim you can get you wouldn't be here asking me for help." She paused for a moment as if gathering her thoughts before continuing on. "Being a leader is not a privilege given unto those who desire it simply because. Being a leader is a feat that one must accomplish on their own. What kind of respect do you think you'll get by having a hired band help you invade a land?" Her head inclined as she asked the question. "Once we're gone who's going to keep you from being overthrown? Instead of being so worried about becoming a leader so quickly upon entering our land perhaps you should establish yourself first and inspire some loyalty, because I'll tell you one thing. You would have no loyalty from us even if we were to aid you. You are nothing but a contract."

Even as Tio turned to walk away he was still running his mouth about not having made the best part of his offer. "If you had more to offer then you would have already offered it instead of feigning it." Ktulu said firmly. "My mind is made up and I will not change it, so I suggest you stop trying." An ear rotated in Lakota's direction and a smile curved her lips. "Your offer is certainly more enticing than anything Tio had to offer." She said as she finally turned her dark head toward her shadow. "Maybe next time?"

Another glance was thrown in Tio's direction as he mentioned her messengers and that he would answer her every time. Flattery did not work so well on Ktulu as it might have some other mares. She simply snorted dismissively and turned. Perhaps he would do them all a favor and fall victim to the forest and not come calling for her again.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Loon

Tio stopped when he was about to disappear in the mists and turned, his eyes gleaming through the dense fog like emeralds set into thin air, as his body was now nothing more than a silhouette. He blinked and nodded to the two of them, his eyes narrowing slightly. "I find it cumbersome and unnecessary to have an entourage accompany me wherever. I came here on business and that business is finished, albeit unsatisfactory in the result. I hardly see it as a testament to my ability as a leader to not have followers accompany me everywhere. Besides, my members have their duties to attend to. Let you worry about your own business and I shall worry about mine, Ktulu."

"I hope you will not come to regret this. Those that are frowned upon, or doubted, are often the ones that take everyone by surprise. So far, everyone I've met has treated me like a simpleton. It'll be on their own heads in the end. I will be having the last laugh." He snorted darkly and then continued on his way, saving no spare thought for the second mare that had appeared. He was not stupid, though. He kept his ears pointed back to catch any sign of pursuit. If Ktulu decided to have her servant chase him, he would be prepared. In fact, he was already prepped to run.

Some would call him a coward for running so willingly from fights, but the truth was, he saw no gain from turning to fight. He needed to save his strength for the war to come, and he could not afford wounds in the meantime. As he walked, his mind was troubled. Where had Phaedra been? Had she gone rogue? Had something happened to her? He scarcely dared to believe that anything could happen to that mare. She was spunky, yes. He could see her flirtatious ways getting her in trouble, but she was not an idiot. Tio would not have tolerated her company for so long if she had been that way.

More than anything, Tio was burning with frustration. The Grey's rejection of his offer was a set back to his plans. He could make do without their help, but now he needed to tie up some loose ends, starting with a certain spotted pegasus. He stopped in his tracks, looking around for her, searching the air for her scent, wondering if she was anywhere nearby for him to meet with her. He could smell her on the breeze, but the scent was too faint for him to track. Tio understood now. He'd made mistakes. His plan had been brash, overconfident. He needed to rethink his strategy mainly because without the mercenary help, his shortcut to power was cut off.

This didn't mean he was any less determined to make his dreams a reality. It just meant that the dun had a longer wait. Sighing a bit, he continued walking until he left the forest behind and he broke into his characteristic running-walk gait to eat up a lot of ground while using the least amount of energy possible. His stride when using this gait usually exceeded 9 feet. His tail and head carriage became pronounced, as he bobbed his head along with the beat of his own hooves. His tail was raised and shivered constantly with the motion. Tio was always thankful to his mother for teaching him this gait, as it was his birth right, but also because it was incredibly energy efficient. He could go longer periods of time using this gait and cover just as much ground as he would if he'd been trotting or cantering. As he walked, his mind was racing with ideas, planning out his next move. He directed his hooves towards the threshold. There really wasn't any other choice that he could see, and he might as well try again.

Ktulu played by Blu
Lakota played by Brit
You two can continue to talk if you want and I will read what happens, but Tio is out. xD