the Rift

A Lifeless Walker

Relic Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Relic
[img][Image: blue_fire_wallpaper_4_wide.jpg] picture sharing[/img]

The beautiful land blurred like a wax painting put next to a fire. Strong ebony wings stretched to fight against the wind current, going in the direction the mare wanted. Their blue hue flashed in the light, making them look ethereal. The owner of the wings was far from ethereal though. Eyes like blue fire flicked to where the body wanted to land. Immediately, the wings closed as the mare dived down at incredible speed. Halfway to the ground, her wings eased open and caught another current. Once the current was caught, her blue hued wings snapped open and guided her to a gentle landing. As Relic landed, her wings stretched to their full length. The soft looking feathers now looked like serrated blades that ruffled in the wind.

Long, slender legs seemed to be dipped in onyx. Heading up, the onyx faded to the dappled mare that possessed the coat. A build that could hardly be described stretched as she reached out with her legs. The mare seemed to be pure elegance, but that was far from the truth. Relic had flown a long way to get here when she heard of this place, but nothing could compare to what she saw now. The land was beyond beautiful, not that it sparked even the smallest hint of caring from her. Relic's cold, fiery blue eyes looked lifelessly across the land she hoped to make her new home. Stretching out her slender neck, she then shook her head. Her knee length mane whipped wildly and she attempted to stretch out the knotted muscles. It started out the darkest obsidian, then faded to a light gray. Her tail looked the same, and it whipped side to side.

Relic eased into a graceful walk, coming to the threshold. Her wings folded themselves to her sides, resting after the long flight. Looking around, she gave out the softest of whinnies before rubbing her nose against a tree. If no one heard her, they would surely smell her. Tossing her delicate head, she shuddered. The flight had been cold and ruthless, but Relic had barely felt it. Turning her head, she let her emotionless gaze rest on the scenery. It indeed was very beautiful, and Relic would have admired it if she were someone else. Trotting silently, she watched the snow flutter in the wind. The snowflakes looked like dancers in her opinion, changing partners at every change of wind. A quiet snort came from her, making the snow toss and turn in every direction. Flicking her dark ears forward, Relic listened while watching the pure crystals fall to their deaths on the ground.
[/font]

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The she-wolf with the russet pelt padded through the endless amount of trees. She remembered when she had come across this forest and how she had met Orinthia. Orinthia was very kind to her, dispite her deep fear of wolves. Lucky for her, Ayaka helped the black mare into knowing that not all wolves were evil. Ayaka, for example, is a very kind wolf. The only rudeness she had ever shown is during a fight. Spars were the time for the she-wolf with eyes like fire to really show her true nature. Vicious and cunning. Her teeth slashing others skin and her claws racking their soft coats. Not to mention, she new power. She called it a Fire Howl, fire spurting out of her mouth whenever a howl was let loose from her maw. She found it fascinating that she had found it inside of her. The burning feeling in the pit of her stomach when she was at the Endless Blue. She remembered her other power. Passive magic others call it. Her pelt would shine in the moon’s clear and beautiful light.

Her thoughts and memories washed away when she heard a silent whinny. Her white lips curved into a smile. Lifting her snout in the air, she breathed in the wonderful scents of the Threshold. All were stail and old but one. One scent of a mare Pegasus. She would go to greet this mare and invite her to the Dragon’s Throat as a member. Following the trail of scent, she headed off to go find the mare and welcome her to Helovia. Trees came after trees and for a moment, she thought that maybe the mare had flown away. But then she heard the soft sound of four hooves striking the ground with such power. With very a very acute nose and ears that could hear from a mile away, the rustic fae would easily find the mare now. Setting her gait to a swift and fast prance, the lupa once again head off to find her.

As the flakes of snow gently fell on the fae’s red pelt, her orange eyes seemed to be the only thing with a warm look. She then saw a figure of a dappled gray Pegasus. Putting a smile on her maw, she approached her carefully. Although she did not pin her ears back and tuck her tail between her lags, she would be respectful to the mare. This time, Ayaka was going to be the one with a higher ranking and she would mentor this horse. “Welcome to Helovia. I am Ayaka, and I serve the Dragon’s Throat herd. May I ask you your name and why you have come to these lands?” The she-wolf said to her in a kind and welcoming voice. She decided to take note of this mares scent and looks. Taking in a sniff, she could state that this mare was new to Helovia and did not have a home. Pecfect. Now to observe her. Her pelt was a blueish hue of gray and had dapples. Her wings had a blue tint to them and were gorgeous. Her build seemed to be perfect for the militant herd Ayaka lived in. As her fiery eyes danced and the snow silently fell from the grey cloads, the fae waited for the mare to respond.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unregistered

[Image: blue_fire_wallpaper_4_wide.jpg]
host images

The mare was watching the snowflakes dance as a sound hit her ears and a scent hit her nose. Relic immediately knew it was a she-wolf, but she didn't mind. She had spent some time with wolves before she came here, for they seemed to be the only ones who accepted her. Pivoting on one hoof, she gracefully turned around to see a russet wolf coming towards her. Unlike most, Relic was never scared of wolves. The creatures seemed to care for her, but she couldn't find it in herself to care back. Silently, Relic looked the wolf over with eyes like fire. Yes, this wolf was taken care of nicely. The mare's blue tinted wings ruffled as she listened to the fae speak. As Relic heard the name of the herd, her ears flicked forward. It was a name she hadn't heard before, but no curiosity could spark. The damage had been done, and this mare felt almost nothing at all.

As the fae finished speaking, Relic replied. Her voice flowed like the calmest of rivers, and had a British accent to it. "Hello Ayaka, I am Relic. I have come in search of a home. I believed that Helovia would be it once I heard about it." The mare bowed her head slightly, showing respect. Relic took in the warm look of the fae's eyes, but she couldn't return it. Instead her fiery blue, lifeless eyes looked back. The mare had been damaged beyond repair, and she remembered it frequently. Being born to a herd where mares were treated like nothing but for breeding. Her old herd had killed for sport, and they only allowed her to kill with them when she had murdered her brother. When they had ran out of herds to kill, they killed each other. That was when Relic left. She had killed their two best warriors, and then she left and never looked back.

Now that her face was directed at the she wolf, she knew her marking was visible. It was the purest white and started at her forehead, jaggedly running down to where it branched off like bolts of lightning to the tip of her dark nose. It was completely noticeable in her darkly dappled coat. As a breeze blew past, her knee length mane fluttered in the wind, as did her long tail. Relic opened her blue-tinted wings slightly, letting the wind sift through the feathers. The mare wanted to stretch her wings, but did not want to make it look like she was disrespecting the fae. Slowly, her wings stretched downward, their jagged edges touching the ground. When she was finished, her onyx wings folded themselves back to her dappled sides. Relic kept her dark ears forward, waiting patiently for the fae to speak.

Unregistered

"Hello Ayaka, I am Relic. I have come in search of a home. I believed that Helovia would be it once I heard about it." The mare spoke to her. Ayaka had never heard an accent like this before. It put a smile on her face. The Pegasus bowed her head respectfully and stared at her with her cold blue fire eyes. They remained Ayaka of her own. Obviously, they were different colors, but they seemed to have the same untamed and reckless look. Like fire blazing through a forest. Her eyes were cold and seemed to have a sort of dull look to them. Still, they swirled and danced like waves crashing onto a beach’s soft sand. Her pelt seemed to have slight white dots, looking as if the snow itself had stained it, tt was quite pretty.

The pelt of the mare reminded her a little of Levi. Levi was the one who had introduced her to the Throat. He told her about Kri, their leader, and how she needed to get her permission to join. She had guessed it was because she was a wolf. Now only was she a different species, she was a predator. She was a predator that tried to befriend her prey. It might have seemed strange to others, but she needed friends. She only had two wolves friends in Helovia. Lupus and Lunare were their names. And every animal knows that most animals need more than two friends, especially if they were very social like Ayaka was. She needed friends to bring her up when she’s down and to help her when she needs it. She hoped that maybe, just maybe, her and Relic might be able to be friends.

The wind slightly blew through her soft black guard hairs and the snow lighted dotted upon her pelt. The grass under her paws quivered and the leaves draped from the trees shook. “It is a delight to meet you, Relic. Would you be interested in following me back to the Throat?” She smiled hoping that Relic’s reply would be yes. She shook her pelt, freeing it from the snowflakes that had fallen on her pelt. Her fiery eyes gleamed and her glistened in the faint light. The canopy of the trees branches seemed to shelter them a bit from the cold crystal drops. The lupa stared at her wings with the slightest bit of envy. She wished she had been born with wings. How wonderful it could be to soar through the sky. As her red pelted shinned she turned her attention back to the mare and waited for the grey dapple to reply.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

The mare examined the fae silently. Her russet coat was very pretty yet odd. The coloring was very unique. What made the mare look further was her eyes. They seemed to dance like wildfire and reminded her of her own blue torches. Relic was sure that if she could feel, they would become fast friends. They might still become friends, as long as the she wolf was alright with having a cold, emotionless friend. The wind gently blew against her dappled sides, making her dark wings want to stretch and flutter. What an odd pair would they be, the wolf and the pegasus.

At the fae's words, Relic nearly sighed in relief. She thought that she would have to wait quite some time to be directed, but that was apparently not true. Inhaling a long breath, her voice then flowed from her mouth. "Yes, Ayaka, I would like that. I'm afraid I've never joined another herd before, so I would not know what to do once in the lands." If she could, Relic would've shown embarrassment. The mare wanted to join a herd, and that was surprising to her. She had never really wanted anything before. Taking on what was coming was just how she lived her emotionless life. The fact that a wolf had welcomed her was kind of ironic, but she wouldn't laugh. Relic had never laughed, so she did not know what it sounded like.

The gorgeous snowflakes peppered her mane and tail. They fell gently on her wings, making them look even more ethereal. As a wind blew with more force, her wings ruffled, then set their feathers back to place. The mare swished her long tail as it twirled around in the breeze. Her tail was naturally high, adding to her Arabic form. Shifting her weight gently onto her other side, she watched the wolf in front of her, waiting for her to speak.

Unregistered

Ayaka looked at the mare. She did have such a beautiful pelt and the most gorgeous ice fire orbs. How she would have loved a lovely gray pelt like some of the other members in her old pack. They had swirls of different colors like white and black. But this mare’s pelt was not like any of the others she had seen. Not even the warrior Gaucho and his strange tribal markings. Hers was a blueish hue of gray with white dapples like drops of snow. It was so lovely. She would die for a pelt like that. The only part of her fur she liked as in the night. She had been blessed with passive magic that made her pelt illuminate and glow faintly, but only at night. How she loved it.

Her thoughts soon faded away when Relic started to speak, Yes, Ayaka, I would like that. I'm afraid I've never joined another herd before, so I would not know what to do once in the lands. Ayaka remembered that same confused feeling when she had gone to ask to join the herd. Putting a smile on her face that was warm and kind looking, she replied, “I know how you feel. I felt the same way. But don’t worry. All pegasi are allowed into the herd without even asking a leader.” She remembered the Pegasus she had met at the Throat. Levi was his name and he was a true member. He told the she-wolf that he was a Sergeant. How she hoped that maybe she would get a rank up…

The wind whistled a bit and the snow swirled around the two. It danced down onto the russet pelt of the fae, covering her black guard hairs and making them appear white. Shaking her pelt, the snow fluttered off with such grace. The lupa’s eyes gazed at the dappled mare. Turning her frail figure, the she-wolf then said to Relic, “Follow me to the herd lands.” She turned her muzzle to face the Pegasus then started to pad off in the same direction that she started from.

[[OCC:: Shall I make a thread in the Throat requesting acceptance?]]

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Relic

The mare's fiery stare landed on the small fae in front of her. Relic was almost surprised by Ayaka's behavior. Slowly, she took in the fae's features. Her fur was very pretty indeed. The black guard hairs swirled in her coat were very different than any other wolf the mare had seen. Relic believed that is she were a wolf, she would've liked a pelt like the fae's. As the mare thought, she took in her own appearance. Her dapple coat was seen as a thing of beauty among others, but the mare failed to see it even if she tried. The blue hue emanating from it sometimes irritated her. Moving the icy orbs to her wings, she watched as her own feathers ruffled from wanting to fly through the wind. The feathers appeared a deep onyx in the dark, but in the light they were blue. Relic preferred not to be seen, but with her looks it was impossible.

As Ayaka began to talk, Relic's fiery blue orbs turned to her. The warm look in the wolf's eyes was odd, for not one being ever showed her kindness. The mare flicked her dark ears forward as she listened. So there were more like her? Maybe Relic would be able to go around without others staring at her.

When Ayaka told her to follow the fae to the herd lands, Relic lifted her elegant head and prepared to walk. When the fae began to walk, the mare followed. Relic's dark, slender legs moved in her naturally graceful stride. As they moved, the mare had to lift her long tail to keep it from dragging on the ground. As they walked, Relic felt something. It was just a flicker of emotion, but it was enough to alert her. As it went away, Relic passed it as nothing. Though she wasn't conscious of it, the mare had felt hope.

[[ OCC: Yes, if you could that would be great.]]
[Image: blue_fire_wallpaper_4_wide.jpg]
images