the Rift

A climb for answers [Moon, Earth, Qian]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The mare walked with purpose. Some walked beside her, some behind her – they were her friends and allies, her followers and comrades. Akaith flew above her – it was just after dusk, stars were only just beginning to peek out from behind their indigo blanket of night sky. The dragon, though luminescent and golden in hue during the day, took on an iridescent glow under the moon light – yes, even now the moon’s glow was full and healthy.

Standing before the shrines that marked the Gods, Mirage gathered her strong voice together, and sought out those who might be able to provide what it was she was seeking.

“Goddess of the Moon, I request your presence, and that of your Earthly brother, this evening. I have many questions, and hope to you are able to provide some answers.”

Oh, she had questions. It was by the request of the Moon Goddess that Mirage help overthrow the Order, it was by Kri’s invasion that she found secondary cause to do so. The death of Ra had been interesting, she longed to know more of him – and she wondered if the Goddess was able to shed some light on that matter. But most importantly, Mirage longed to know how they could survive this plague of heat and destruction caused by the Sun God, and if the Moon Goddess or Earth God would be able to provide them with the tools to do so.

[Using Mirage’s VotG pass to have the Moon Goddess at least, please.
Also members of the Qian are welcome to post here, just short little ‘ooc’ posts saying ‘I’m here too’ is fine :-) ]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
My sister walked, and I followed beside her, letting my right shoulder brush against her side in reassurance and support. Her speech at the Forest impressed me, I must confess; her confidence made me proud, and I would make sure Mirage knew it. Dark legs stepped in time, shadowy bodies moving as one; I kept pace with Mirage, ears flicked back to take in the sound of those who came behind, the mass that made the Qian.

The top of the mountain was reached, and the shrines in sight. Dusk was falling, the Lady bright and visible in the sky. We sought answers. Mirage and I were in service to the Moon God, so I knew my sister would request her aid; if she behaved as I expected, she would not limit her allies, and ask the Earth Lord, too. And, believe me, nobody knows the shadow as I do.

Mirage spoke, and I listened as her voice echoed into the silent dusk, tail lashing at flies but eyes transfixed on the Moon. I wondered if the gods would answer us, our questions. I hoped they would.

[ If Mirage's pass can only be used on one god, then I'm using the prize I got from Illu to to make the Earth God show up, please ]

Couth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
ooc: Couth has already visited them once this month; she's more there for moral support than anything BUTIFANYBLESSINGSSHOULDHAPPENTOHERTHAT'DBECOOL XD

ic: Having pledged herself to the Qian and to Mirage's service, Couth had eagerly volunteered to go with Mirage to the Veins of the Gods to seek support from the Moon Goddess. She wanted to do her best to play a part in righting the Balance and would do so with Mirage as her leader, who she would faithfully follow. She realized that the Qian was not a herd but a collective, but in her mind Mirage might as well have been the lead of a herd; Couth would follow her unless she was told to do otherwise by the dark, beautiful mare.

She and a few others followed the Weyrleader to the Veins of the Gods and in respect, Couth hung back by the mare's flank. After Mirage called upon the Goddess of the Moon and the God of the Earth, Couth stepped forward only momentarily; long enough to place another pearl she had collected on the Moon Goddess' shrine, and a ruby- one from the bottom of the pool in the Dark Forest- on the shrine of the God of the Earth. As a filly, while in the care of her mother, Couth had been taught to leave offerings when she asked for assistance or guidance and she had continued to do so as she grew up. Even if her calls went unanswered, she still revered the Gods and their ways. She stepped back once again, humbly moving back along Mirage's flank and flicking her ears forward to listen for their arrival.

Noise Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Noise followed his Her-High-Ness to the space abode of the galactic gods whom everyone seemed to worship here. Nessy spoke and he was relieved to see that he was not alone here, there were many others for the galactic gods to be angry at other than him for disturbing their bed-time. Like...IN bed...not sleeping. Though, you never know, maybe gods don't get it on, he thinks. In any case Noise continues to stand there awaiting.

Anthym is a shadow in the back

{Anthym already used her VotG for this month so shes mostly there for support. Noise has not but I dunno if this would count necessarily. If it does oh well, not like the crackhead has much to quest for anyways.lmao. OH, and please do get the Earth God to show up so Eios can have some fun. =p}

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
ooc: solstice, aaron and kiara all make the climb. Kiara stands near Mirage

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit
[ The brothers also follow, hanging back, keeping a protective eye over the whole group ]

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali
[Aylin's tagged along as well and is sticking close to Mirage's side.]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Earth God & Moon Goddess

The cries summoned her like salt in a wound, and she appeared weakly in a cloud of dark smoke. Her figure was weak and thin, and she grimaced in the heat, regardless of the magic that surrounded this place. Her fiery brother had gone too far this time, and action had to be taken. Still, all of her powers seemed to wane during this time of year, and she could not act alone with the globe's natural turn in his favor.

She opened her bright eyes and took a deep breath, surprised to see how many had gathered at the foot of her shrine, though she could also sense that her wiser brother had also been summoned. This show of support tugged a smile from her lips. "I have not abandoned you," she promised, addressing Mirage first. "I trust that Jörmungandr has given you my gift?" she asked the dark and golden mare.

A cloud of dust swirled into view then and took the shape of a much larger draft who seemed incredibly surprised by the sea of faces and his sister at his side. He glanced at the lavender mare and furrowed his brows curiously. Being a creature of nature, he was not affected either way by this change in the weather, but he understood the needs of the mortal creatures. "Our brother is getting too out of hand," he murmured to his sister but loud enough for the others to heard.

The stallion sighed and shook dust from his mane, folding his wings against his side. His sympathetic emerald eyes looked at the crowd, and he lowered his strong face. "We cannot act purposefully against our brother until the world turns to a different season, but I assure you that we are working to ensure your survival." His thick tail swirled around his fetlocks, and he eyed his sister who seemed to be taking this brutal summer rather hard and frowned.

The Goddess tossed her elegant mane then and nodded to her brother, stamping a stern hoof. Water bubbled beneath her toes in the dirt and slid off the path, hissing and sizzling in the magma. "Please, speak to us, dear mortals. Tell us what you need and what you desire."

They followed her, and Mirage was always surprised – she supposed it was a good thing to never assume that they would always follow, only graciously accept that they did. If they ever stopped following her lead, she knew she would feel hurt, and saddened, but she would know that they would have their reasons – people grew, they changed and sometimes bad things simply happened and shifted the way one saw a situation. What worked for them now, the Qian, might not always work for them. Mirage knew that for herself, at least, the Qian would always be the right fit. But for now, a great number followed her; she could hardly keep track of it. Her forelimbs smarted from the over-sensitive skin that was growing back in the healing process that was taking place after the scorching they received while she observed the damages wrought upon the World’s Edge.

The silver pendant that hung upon her breast seemed to hum of its own accord; it seemed to have a mind of its own and sensed that its creator was near. Sculpted flutes twirled atop her tiara as from a cloud of smoke the wraith-like figurine of her beloved Goddess stepped forth. Mirage was saddened by the weakness that plagued her, but at least found comfort that their presences here in her name brought a smidge of happiness. She greeted the celestial being with the respectful bow of her tiara, her chin scraping along her chest, the pendant taking on a slightly stronger, eerie glow. The stirring of dust marked the arrival of the Earth lord, and once again her cranium inclined deeply – she was not foolish enough to show any lesser respect to a lord of equal standing to her deity, Mirage was all about balance, and that was the reason why she had asked for both their presences. And both had come.

She listened to their words, smiling gratefully at the Goddess as she mentioned the amulet. “Indeed, its glow keeps me company at night, its power yet untapped.” Mirage reassured Lady Luna that she had not squandered the gift in exchange for anything, surely nothing could compare to a gift from the gods! Closely she captured every word they spoke, thirsting for the knowledge that they might bring. Her eyes provided some knowledge; however, as she spied the better condition that the Earth God possessed, he was less affected it seemed by the extended periods of heat – did that explain why the Foothills seemed to always have water falling from its cliff? Whereas the lands that were under the Moon’s jurisdiction had suffered, a large portion of timbers turned to ash – such happenings were not unheard of, Mirage recalled her parents speaking of such things occurring in their own homeland, the Path of the Moon.

“I at least have gained some hope then, that the season will indeed change – the lands will not be in drought forever.” Though whether we survive to see this change is another question. “I witnessed your lands being scorched, my Lady, I desire such a fate upon no-one – I wish to ensure the safety of my kin, the Qian, and their allies.” It was her utmost importance, she longed to ask the Lunar mistress to craft her a home, a safe haven for them to rest, but doubted she would be granted such a thing. Of course, that didn’t stop the image of it forming in her mind, but her voice didn’t articulate all her thoughts. “The Order of the Sun has fallen, and yet the season permits the Sun God to grow stronger yet – is there information on Ra, the Sun Emissary, who lays dead in a pile of dust upon the Dragon’s Throat, that would be helpful to our cause?” She felt useless, helpless against a cause that seemed much greater than she could have ever imagined herself getting into.

“M’Lady, I yearn for knowledge, for guidance, for a way to ensure our survival, and to reinstall the equilibrium as swiftly as possible.” Here her gaze locked upon the Gods’ that were present, before sweeping over the masses that had followed her here. She cared for each individual, her devotion strong and as undeniable as the heartbeat that pumped blood through her veins.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
(If needed I can provide some answers on Ra's behalf. I would think the Moon God would know of his true intentions, or at least have known of his infatuation for her? I don't think or assume this will help Mirage in anyway, but at least provide the answers.)
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
"My Lady, Lord, I ask you - give us the ability to care for ourselves." My voice rings out purposefully from beside Mirage, dark eyes flickering between the two gods. "All are suffering, but we who pray to you most of all. Grant to us some ability to defend ourselves from the overwhelming heat, to staunch the fires and care for our friends." I had heard of the magic to pluck clouds from thin air, to summon rain and snow. Despite the waning strength of those with gifts from the Lady or her earthen brother, any help they could offer us would surely make some difference. Even if they could not fight their brother directly, they could at least aid us in our quest to support ourselves, right?

*cough nudges Gods*

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Earth God & Moon Goddess

The Gods listen intently to the words of their followers, the lively green eyes of the Earth rapt with sorrow. To see his beloved children suffer was a difficult fate, even if these followers were partial to his smaller sister at his side. The crinkled skin around his eyes seems to deepen, worry digging in fresh canyons to add to his only hint of aging. The questions Mirage poses were not ones so easily answered by him, but his sister took control quickly.

"The burning of my lands was a personal insult," she says quietly, her silver eyes looking toward the ground in shame. So much pain brought to the unicorns of the Edge because of her. "One I will not easily forget." She was too kind to be so cruel toward those who lived in her brother's lands, the Tuuli who had allied themselves with Mirage's cause.

Lavender ears flicker forward at the mention of Ra the Sun Emissary. "Ra's body would hold nothing of interest but a foolish heart," her voice chimes mysteriously. His soul truly spoke of love for the moon, or rather, for her. "He is but a scorned follower of my own, dressing in robes of sunlight. Bother him not."

The Earth God chooses to answer the last few questions, his voice warm as he speaks to Mirage. "I'm afraid this season will hold out with my brother's anguish as long as possible, child." Then, he looks toward Rishima, the sister to the leader here. He smiles at her request, lips tugged up in a hopeful expression. "We can indeed grant you some gifts to aid your loved ones and yourselves."

With a stomp of his hooves, a yellow jeweled amulet cased in bronze launches from the ground, floating through the air slowly, chain unwinding, to land neatly upon Rishima. An amulet of the Sun, used to thwart the attacks of the same patron God. "You may absorb the magic of a water wielder with this, Rishima. The very magic will be available to you for one use."

"And for you, Couth, I shall lend you the magic of darkness to make your body fireproof for the rest of the season," the Moon Goddess says, as darkness ekes toward the mare to wrap around her body.

"Madyrn and Maskan," the Earth God says toward the pair in the back. "I will lend you a cloak of mist. It will hide you from unfriendly eyes, as well as protect you from flames and heat." A strange, cloth like weaving of mist floats toward the pair of nearly identical stallions, falling upon their backs with a cool touch. "Be wary, as it will evaporate if it stays in direct flames for too long."

"Know that the rest of you may call on use to heal part of your injured lands and waters," the Earth God says to them.

[ Sorry, guys. I didn't know you were waiting on them. D: ]

The mare dutifully listened to everything their ethereal voices uttered, feeling the sadness of the Lady Moon washed over her, the sincere sorrow of the Earth Lord as they in turn heard the pleas of the mortals that had come before them. The knowledge about Ra allowed for some missing pieces in her already vast knowledge base to be filled in; he had always claimed that his actions were for love, but love for the Moon was not what Mirage would have wagered. He had a sickness to the head, and for a moment the mare felt sad that she had so longed to want him dead; perhaps if she had known him before the madness grew too great, she could have aided him in finding ways to worship the celestial goddess.

As it was, the information indeed brought little change to their situation, and with visible dismay hinting at her brow, she looked to the Earth Lord as he spoke, respectfully capturing his words. Her façade softened as he spoke of gifts, and happiness swelled in her as those who were her faithful followers were bestowed with tools to aid their survival of this tough season. Her sister, Rishima, and her brothers, Madyrn and Maskan, were favoured, and Mirage was all the more pleased to see Couth sharing in the direct caresses of the Gods too.

Still, she was restless, her feet shifting on the loam ever so slightly, her need for some kind of action to eventuate from this meeting evident. But she was grateful for what they had given her, though they had not directly asked for the gifts, they were not foolish enough to turn them down.

“There are no words to describe the kindness you bestow upon us.” Sincerely she spoke her gratitude, tiara nodding, again, to those who would bring them some respite from the Sun’s oppression. From somewhere behind her, she hears her brothers step forth, each of them also grateful for the generosity of the Gods, their twinned craniums bowing dutifully, in synchrony.

“We ache to do more, Lady Moon and Lord Earth;”
“Should you will it of us,”
“Our bodies are yours to command.”

The brothers spoke without missing a breath as they each conveyed their willingness for action. Used correctly, these tools could tip the scale in a war waged against the Sun… Though Mirage loathed unnecessary bloodshed, she could see just as easily as the Gods before them what they were thinking.

But how does a handful of mortals wage a war against a God?

[[ I’m assuming these are temporary magics given to the brothers, just wondering how long they will last? :-) ]]

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[ It's more of a physical item, actually. A cloak of mist (sort of like Harry's invisibility cloak but made out of water) that is intended to dissolve sometime during the Orangemoon season, after the threat of the Sun God is dealt with. They can decide when they will or will not be visible to others when wearing it, but if they are visible, it will look like mist is clinging to their bodies. ]