the Rift

|autumn| [Torasin, Smoke, any]

Willow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

WILLOW & ERMINE

.arborun lignea .. .mare. ..23 years. .. .16.3 hands.

She comes, slowly, a pace common for a creature like her. The aborun lignea are not prized for their speed, though they can be motivated to quicken, Willow remembers with a faint smile how she bested the others in a race when she had the chill of the Steppe nipping her flanks.

The great hulk of her tree rises and falls with each stride like some bizarre ship rolling on the sea of a horse. With every hoof-fall a shudder rankles up her limbs and causes her leaves to quiver. In the tops of the boughs Ermine has hoisted himself up, unable to rest with all this travel. He doesn't mind however, and chatters happily whenever he spies something of delight to him. Willow laughs delicately with each excited squeal from the small mammal, relishing his happiness.

"We're here," she announces to him, though she speaks loudly with the intentions of anyone else overhearing her. She has stopped at the borders of the World's Edge, or so she believes. She knows little of Helovia yet, and is guided more by memory of word than first-hoof experience. She gives her chocolate body a rough shake to settle herself in for a good conversation, cocking a hip casually in the hopes to appear less disarming. The fog swirls around this place and makes it hard to see, so she is forced to squint her green eyes to stab them through the din.

"World's Edge," she calls out kindly, little authority to her voice. She knows they are on good terms with the intel Jackal gave her, but she will be cautious at behaving too comfortable. "I am Willow, Earth Medic of the Windtossed Foothills, come to seek council with your healer."

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The days were seemingly meshing together. It hadn’t been longer ago when the sea’s shadow could count the days when she had stumbled into Helovia. Even now, she was a fresh face that was undoubtedly mistaken for another’s identity. In meeting a good quantity of characters who called Helovia their home, she had learned quite a lot already from this bizarre world. To her, it was more of like a fairy tale, than anything else. When you are a prisoner in a mortal’s body for two decades of your life, trapped on a world known only to humans, you forget that creatures like her, and anything you can possibly imagine, do exist, somewhere.

She had been invited to call the Foothills her home. The invitation had come from Boltar. She had accepted really because it was the first offer, and her weary ancient bones had been screaming for a rest. She remembered attending a herd meeting, one of many she presumed, but there had been introduced to Willow, her teacher. She had always been one to be of help, and found being a healer’s apprentice would allow her to do just that. Nature was one area she felt a keen sense of awareness with. Also, her sensitivity to all that surrounded her, was a skill she had honed and perfected, almost. Though, she was no fortuneteller and could not read thoughts.

She had inquired to Willow she wished to travel with her and learn whatever there was to learn. It also presented good and intelligent company to converse with, should she desire it, preferring silence more often than not. But more so, she loved wandering and traveling, and at hearing Willows idea to visit all the herd medics and healers, the bloodless canvas was one of the first to offer to travel with her.

By direction and climate change, the opaque unicorn mare had a suspicion they were headed to the World’s Edge. She had not inquired on the specifics of the itinerary, but was allowing Willow to pick and choose their destinations based off of her intel, deciding it best to not meddle where her facts and information were not up-to-date. It was Willow’s announcement that only confirmed to the apprentice, she had been right in her calculations of directions.

She waited silently and slightly to the right of the Foothills Healer. With the fog’s heaviness, it’s fingers almost encased the unicorn’s entire frame, leaving her to appear as though only a figment of your imagination. She waited patiently with Willow, feeling the butterflies in her stomach churn and twist. Besides the common grounds that surrounded each herd’s territory, she had tried to venture and explore, but had kept out of territories of other herds. Not in fear, but more out of respect. She was not one for war or battle, or arguments, but if it arose to be necessary, than let it speak at that time and place.

Her sapphire glacier spheres grazed the boundary lines as Willow announced their arrival. With the fog, it was a bit difficult to spot any living forms for quite a distance. But with trained vision, NADIRA spotted a moving form, and gently nudged the Foothills’ healer in the direction of new company.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

Here to protect you
You will find the answer

It was Kiba who alerted his bonded to the call from Willow, his dragon senses sharp enough to pierce through the fog and to know that the tone was one of kindness. Torasin lifted from his half doze and curiously turned his head in the direction guided by Kiba, shifting his weight back onto all fours. It was indeed hard to see through the thick grey soup that forever surrounded his home, but he had grown accustomed to it now and moved at ease through the trees as he wondered what the Medic of the Foothills would look like. He couldn't recall meeting a Willow before and was rather excited by the prospect of meeting another who shared the same passion as he did, he wondered if Smoke had heard the gentle call too. It had been a while since he'd seen her grulla form, so much respect he held for the mare who first set him upon this path of healing.

It didn't take too long for the paint to reach their borders, Kiba perched on his rump whilst cleaning his claws. The fog subsided a little to reveal a tree and for a moment Torasin looked at it with a perplexing expression before his bright eyes widened in surprise when he saw a mare under it. No, it was the other way around. The tree was growing on the mare, vines stuck in her hair with an Ermine on board for good measure. Kiba gaped between his ears, counting all the possible perching spots she had as well as warbling softly to the strange little creature that inhabited her branches. The Moon Doctor proffers his head in vibrant greeting, gathering in his thoughts and notes her pale unicorn friend to one side with a polite smile before addressing the one who had called them. "Forgive my staring Willow ma'am, I don't wish to be rude. I'm Torasin, one of the Moon Doctors here, how may I be of service to the Medic of the Foothills, ma'am?"

His voice as eloquent as always.

Torasin wasn't quite sure on what terms the Foothills and the Edge were on currently, certainly friends during the invasion but after... Who knew. The allied force hadn't really kept in touch after and each land seemed to return to their homes and their own business. Yet the gilded stud knew they were certainly not enemies and as a member of the Dragon Hearts council it was his duty also to show the Edge off to be a welcoming, understandable place.

Unregistered

WILLOW & ERMINE

A gentle smile coated the chocolate features of the mare as Nadira nudged her, motioning to a figure approaching from the haze. Green eyes squinted, not as trained as the younger unicorn's seemed to be. "Ah, there he is," Willow murmured softly to the apprentice.

Torasin seemed to pause as each set eyes on the other. His gawking, mild in comparison to some, and then gentle shaking of his senses as he continued to close the gap between them roused a kind laugh from the lignea. Ermine slithered through her mane, playfully spying on the brown dragon drifting around the painted healer. "There is no need, Torasin of the World's Edge, you have been kinder than most." She nodded her head deeply to him in a display of respect, though she felt easily at home here in the World's Edge. Aside from it being their closest ally, she already felt warmly welcomed by this stud. It put her at ease, though she knew the rest of her trip would grow increasingly difficult.

"Worry not about your services sir, I come only to speak of a meeting I'm hoping to gather, to better all of us healers. I figure we are kindred spirits fighting against the illnesses of this world as best we can. Yet the art of healing is complex and often convoluted." She paused for a moment, letting the information settle in his ears, lips wrinkling as her own thoughts drfited over the lifetime of studying she'd accomplished with herbs. How many lives could she have improved if only she'd known more? "I'll be traveling to each of the herds to invite their healers as well. We would gather at the Thistle Meadow by next full moon, in hopes that we can teach each other what aspects we as individuals know, to improve the impact we can make on the lives of others. Each herd has a unique set of skills and challenges, we can only aid each other in the plights we all share together. "

As Willow finished she left her head high and proud. Although she could not truly be described as cocky, she felt a great optimism for this dream she had. It was a significant purpose to her and she held it dear to her heart. From the corner of her eyes she caught Nadira's horn and dipped her head briefly. "Forgive me, in my excitement I forgot my manners. This is Nadira, my apprentice." Willow smiled fondly at the mare, turning her head towards her briefly to give her a warm gaze of green. She would enjoy having someone to teach and travel with, though she'd never had an apprentice before and was slightly nervous at the prospect, feeling not much wiser than she. "And you said you are but one of two healers here? I'm sure you already know as much, but your second healer is of course invited as well."

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Though their travels had kept them some time, NADIRA felt as though she had formed a bond with Willow. She smiled in response to the tree mare’s vocals, voicing she had seen what the pale mare had. The painted steed was a more of a common site, and at this point, it soothed NADIRA to a point where she felt like she didn’t have to be quite on guard as much. She knew once they reached the Basin, things would be quite different. Another reason she had chosen to accompany the healer. The petite heavenly mare knew, if guarding Willow should come, at least she had some experience and her horn. But she did not feel a threat from Torasin, as he had introduced himself.

NADIRA nodded in acknowledgment to the stallion. She could feel the excitement radiate off of Willow and could only smile as she voiced her passion and desire to gather everyone for a group gathering. In her rush of words, if she happened to forget to mention or introduce her, she would have understood. But just as she was about to introduce herself, she saw Willow glance her way and she could sense the subtle embarrassment of forgetfulness. NADIRA politely smiled and gave a more formal dip of her crown.

“A pleasure to meet you Torasin.” Airy, dream-like, her melodic chimes drifted on the mist, and lingered until the receiver accepted them.

The opaque mare smiled back at Willow and returned the friendly gaze, as if saying no worries, to the mishap. Then Willow turned her attention back to the World Edge Doctor and implied that her invitation also extended to the second doctor as well, if they so chose to accept the invitation presented to them. NADIRA hoped everyone would. She wanted to be as knowledgable as possible. To her, learning was an unending desire and passion that filled her. She wondered if these medics, doctors, and healers were much the same.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

Here to protect you
You will find the answer

Torasin found the elderly mares gentle words endearing, like a little colt gathering around a campfire for an old, wild story of heroes and villains. He dipped his head at her kind compliment of him, like a gentleman taking his hat off, and listened carefully to her next words as Kiba still peered between his gilded ears. Fumbling with his forelock. Green eyes brightened visibly as she spoke the healers common ground of fighting illness, the passion he had began to ignite in his belly as Willow continued onwards with her speech, striking chords with the painted Doctor at every sentence spoke. Torasin could almost see the dream Willow had form in his own mind and greatly approved of it, he already held meetings within the confines of his own herd to make sure every Nurse knew what they were doing. It was also a nice boost for them to see the head of their discipline taking an interest in them. To increase something like this to a much larger scale and include all the herds was ambitious but exciting. The passionate emotions rousing in Torasin effected Kiba who now thrashed his tail from side to side in his own reptile like optimism.

Before giving his reply, the gentle Sir proffered his head once again but this time to the pale femme who had been introduced as Nadira. "An honour Madam Nadira" he replied in all his flamboyant glory. Attention turned to his answer to Willow then, trying to put into words his bubbling excitement at the idea. "Your words appeal directly to my heart, ma'am. It would give me no greater pleasure than to attend such a meeting, I can't begin to express my excitement at learning the ways of other herds and how they use the healing art. Knowledge I could pass on to my students who will continue where we left off."

Torasin stopped himself before he babbled on into an epic speech about his love for healing. That and Kiba had been prodding him with his spiked tail which normally meant he was talking too much. Thoughts drifted to Smoke, it had been some time since he had come across her though he knew she was busy helping Mirage right now in the Captain decision making. "I will be sure to pass on the invite to Lady Smoke, ma'am."

Torasin fell silent then and wondered where Willow would go next or if she'd travelled to the other lands already. She seemed quite old to be travelling such distances which warranted a worried look to spread across his face for a moment before it drifted away. Sure, Nadira would look after her.

Unregistered

WILLOW & ERMINE

Age is not something so easily measured in the passing of seasons. At it's very core, perhaps, but much can be said about who is aging, both in personality, and inherent design. Being an Aborun Lignea, Willow is young yet at 23. She could live twice that easily, so she is rather an inexperienced filly as of yet.

She does not know his thoughts though, aside from a flash of concern, so she only smiles towards him. At his acceptance of her proposal she nearly bucks with delight, her head tossing erratically while a wide, stupid grin plasters on her face. He is the first to accept, being the first to have it offered, but it sets her spirits high that the others will be the same. Perhaps an older, wiser mare would have gone to the most difficult herd first while her energy was at its peak - then again perhaps Willow could ride this wave of joy all the way to the Basin.

"You are far too good Torasin of the Edge," Willow responds, breathless with her excitement. Her mouth aches with the smile, but it's the kind of hurt she could grow use to.

"I sincerely look forward to seeing you then, I know we will have much to teach other." She dips her head deeply to him, the tree upon her back swaying with the motion and Ermine with it. He trills excitedly, overwhelmed by the glee zipping along their bond, although he doesn't entirely understand it. A bunch of horses standing around talking seems a daily occurrence to him.

"Though I wish I could remain longer, I wouldn't have us be a burden to you. Yet we will meet again under the moon." Willow graced him with another glowing smile and a dash of green eyes as she began to retreat, glancing towards Nadira with a fresh exhilaration. "We needs be travelling to the Throat while the light is still good. May you hooves stay solid, Torasin." With that, the Lignea and her apprentice began to disembark from the World's Edge, the first stop of several.