the Rift

Edge of the Forest [Romani/Grey]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had seen the sturdy, golden mare twice now. The first time, she had seen the mare when she was not in her right mind, and the second time, they had stumbled into each other at the Threshold where her uncle had found his way from the shades of Isilme. Phi admired the mare's spirit and her devotion, but the forest was slowly beginning to fail in sustaining their group, and Romani would be an asset. What the alabaster mare did not realize, however, was that the warrior-mare was pregnant. Ever since her sister had birthed the Earth God's son and she watched the colt grow, she realized that children were not in her immediate future, let alone a stallion. Therefore, the rather focused mare was slightly more oblivious to things like swelling bellies.

However, the mare was obviously pregnant when she spied her on the edge of the forest near, hooves still firmly on the Foothill's soil. Ophelia knew the Foothills well; she had grown up among the trees in the shadow of the great mountains, and she also knew the forest by heart. The lines of territory marked by Gossamer and her father ran clearly in her mind, and she walked briskly alone the edge, cloven hooves toeing the line.

Tinek growled in her head, not at all pleased in her decision to take the mare from her home, but Ophelia shushed him with an errant, forceful thought. The silver dragon huffed and flew higher, keeping an eye on Romani and his bond-mate. A bright sun pulsed over head, and the heat was lessened in the shade of the tall trees, their green leaves a comforting blanket. Now, how to get Romani to her and in their possession. Ophelia had no intention of hurting the mare, nor did she want to force her from seeing loved ones. Still, the alabaster mare was a keen mind, seeing the world like a chess board. Romani in her possession removed an enemy's knight.

"Romani!" Ophelia finally called, her voice hushed. Tinek flew around the palomino mare, a smile curving his scaled lips. He then leisurely flew toward his bond-mate, leading the way. "Do you have a moment? I wanted to talk to you, but... privately."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

It was a beautiful day, and for the first time in a long time, Romani was finally happy, content, and welcome. She had established herself in her home of the Foothills, the land that resided in the shadows of the great mountains, and was beginning to form a family of her own. She had found love and friendship, purpose and companionship… Everything that being a wandering gypsy had not offered. Xanthos was the fire to her soul, the one to love her unconditionally and support her. He was a loyal stallion of the Edge now, a far contrast to the horrid life he had been living in the Basin. Now, he could thrive in his newfound freedom… They both could.

The evidence of their love was exposed by her swollen belly, filled with an unborn colt or filly. It hadn’t taken Romani long to realize that she was pregnant with Xanthos’ child, much to her joy, and since then the palomino mare had taken life in easy strides, remaining in the protective embrace of the Foothills and the other members that called the lands their home.

At her side, little Kasai was stretched out in the soft grasses of the hills, her chest rising in falling as the feline lost herself to her slumber. The tigress cub could feel the change within her bond-mate, and taken it upon herself to watch over the mare whenever Xanthos wasn’t around to do so himself. Now, with Romani’s memories restored, Kasai had grown quite fond of the grullo Unicorn, understanding the love that he and Romani shared. Romani herself was standing relatively still, left rear hoof cocked slightly and head lowered, nibbling upon some sweet grass that had recently sprouted from the earth. Since becoming pregnant, the Hafliner’s appetite had increased tenfold… And the fresh sweet grass located at the edge of the Foothills’ borders had been the only thing to satiate such a craving.

The mare’s thoughts were on things far from who was around her, lost in the swirling depths of thoughts regarding her unborn babe. Would it be a filly, or a colt? Would he or she look more like Xanthos, or herself? There were so many exciting things when it came to becoming a parent... Romani could only hope that she would be a competent mother, as she was sure Xanthos would be a wonderful, blessed father.

’Romani!’

The sudden call of her name, albeit hushed, caused the Haflinger’s head to jerk up slightly, crisp azure eyes immediately taking on a wary look. She sent a mental nudge to Kasai, who stirred seconds later from her slumber, a yawn causing her jaws to spread wide apart before snapping shut a mere moment later. Twisting her head around slightly, the warrior paused when she spotted the visitor, and the dragon that accompanied her. The silver dragon fluttered towards and around her, seeming to beckon her to follow, and a warm smile immediately replaced the previously uncertain expression upon her features. It was Ophelia, and… Tinek, was it? She couldn’t remember for certain. Kasai recognized the dragon immediately and let out a curious cry, a scratchy growl that was anything but threatening. Wings had always fascinated the young tigress cub, her soft blue eyes locked on Tinek’s appendages as he fluttered about.

“Ophelia,” the Haflinger said warmly, taking a step towards the beautiful alabaster mare, “It’s wonderful to see you well, my friend.” Were they friends? Well, probably not… More like acquaintances, for they had encountered each other only twice now. Regardless, the meetings had been pleasant in themselves, and that gave Romani little reason to be cautious. “Have you come to see your family?” She asked, of course inquiring about Paladin, the hybrid’s father, or even Donovan, her uncle.

It was the hushed question that fell from Ophelia’s pale lips moments later that caused the palomino to tilt her head, curious. “Of course, Ophelia… Is everything alright?” A thousand worries spread through Romani’s head in that moment, but she refrained from expressing them, instead focused on approaching the alabaster mare, her foal-swollen carriage swaying slightly with each step that she took. What could it be?

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The silver scales sparkled in the bright sunlight and an earth-bound cry caught his attention. Curiously, the dragon removed himself from his irritated huff with Ophelia and spiraled downward to take stock of this curious, screaming animal. Though still a child himself and unable to truly communicate with Ophelia in her language, he considered himself to be a mature dragon. The thought alone was enough to make Ophelia snort sarcastically; Tinek, mature? The silver dragon and the black dragon managed to get into all sorts of shenanigans, most of them involving twisted around in the oddest of ways.

However, the dragon had a certain amount of pride, and he exercised it now, landing just in front of the white and black striped cat creature. Blue eyes met crimson, and Tinek leaned forward, sniffing the cat. He decided immediately that the cat creature was a friend, and he smiled, lips curling up and eyes squinting comically. Watching the two four legged creatures move closer, Tinek bounded over to them, claws on the ground and wings tucked to his spiney back. Anxiously, he shoved pictures of the cub into Ophelia's mind, irritating her incessantly until she gave him the tiger's name.

Ophelia narrowed her gaze at Tinek just a little when he assaulted her mind with repetitive images like a petulant, impatient child. Still, she could not help but smile a little - he was making friends. "Hello, Romani," she returned with a smile, watching the pregnant mare approach with an almost unbalanced sway. The thought alone of being unable to run, leap or move quickly without having to fight your own mass was enough to make the alabaster mare avoid children more. She supposed when the child meant something in your belly that it would be a worthy sacrifice. "Tinek is begging to know what your companion's name is?" she asked, watching the silver dragon stare intently at the palomino, long, scaled tail waving behind him.

Family. What an... interesting concept at this moment. She had not seen her father or mother for a very long time. "No, I have not come to see my family," she replied, summoning her deeper into the forest. "I have something to ask of you, something... I... well, it would be best spoken in the shade of the trees, I believe." Ophelia moved deeper into the dark forest, knowing the trees by heart. "Do not worry; this forest is intimately known to me. You are safe." The mare waited for Romani to follow, wanting her as far away from the Foothills as possible.

"Please understand that I have been placed in a precarious position. I lead a band and we are quickly becoming a burden on the land. Because of your status with the World's Edge and the Foothill's, I must ask that you remain with the Grey, at least for a little while." Ophelia's expression twisted into a grimace, hating to do this to such a kind mare. "You will remain safe, and I promise to let the sire of your unborn foal access to you at any time. My intentions are not to cause you anguish or to separate you from the ones you love, but I must do right by my band."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani’s azure eyes watched with pure fascination as Tinek sped through the skies, landing merely a few paces in front of where Kasai had stood stationary. The young tigress tilted her head with genuine curiosity, her icy blue orbs captivated by every move that the silver dragon made. Romani couldn’t help but chuckle under her breath as Kasai took a tentative step forward, the black tip of her tail beginning to twitch to and fro. The cub’s neck stretched out, nose and whiskers twitching as she took in the dragon’s strange scent, eyes lingering on the wings of the mythical creature.

Oh, Kasai would never harm Tinek, that was for certain… Romani just knew that her beloved companion had a strange curiosity about wings that had developed since meeting Levi. Giving Ophelia s mile, the Haflinger tilted her head slightly.

“Her name is Kasai.” She stated, dipping her head. She sent Tinek’s name to her bonded through their internal bond, whispering ’Tinek’ towards the cub. Still young as she was, it would be some time before the striped creature was anywhere towards mind-speech, but that didn’t stop Romani from simply keeping her companion educated. “And she’s quite fond of wings.” Her softly spoken words ended with a gentle chuckle.

As Ophelia led her further into the thicket of trees of the Deep Forest, Romani remained vigilant, picking her path carefully due to her pregnant state. Only once before had she ventured to these very woods, simply wanting to explore Helovia, but now… Her reasons were very different, it seemed. When the alabaster mare began to speak up once more, the warrior’s ears swiveled forward, truly curious as to what she meant.

“What do you mean?” She asked, her voice taking on a suspicious note. What, indeed? Ophelia said that she had to remain in the forest, with the Grey, away from her friends and family. Away from Nayati and her beloved Xanthos. No, no, that wasn’t right at all… And so close to her due-date! “You mean to say that you’re holding me prisoner?” The words were accusing, and Romani paused in her steps, regarding Ophelia with a bit more distrust than she previously had. Her lips pursed slightly in frustration, ears tipping back only faintly.

Xanthos could visit her at any time, she noted, but that wouldn’t be enough… Romani was a wandering soul, a gypsy, and fiercely devoted to her herd and family. She couldn’t just stay in the Forest while only Gods-knew-what went on outside this very thicket of trees. Ophelia had seemed so sweet, so kind… Surely there was more to this than she was letting on. Briefly she thought of trying to make an escape, but in her current state that would be physically impossible. There was no way that the pregnant Haflinger would endanger Xanthos’ child like that…

“Ophelia, I… I’m afraid that don’t understand. I know of your band, the Grey, but tell me more. Why, exactly, will you be holding me here? You must have something planned, something to rid me of your way…” Fears circled the confusion in her head, wondering just what the crimson-tressed mare in front of her had planned. Her worry was of her home, the Foothills, and those that lived there. And her poor little Nayati… She could only hope that Xanthos would keep the peppered filly safe.

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art