the Rift

Acceptance || Kri

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Acceptance. It was the thing that seemed to be on everyone's mind these days. Including Avalon's. This was only because she was going to the Commander to at least try and gain some sort of acceptance into Dragon Throat. Though she was sure Gaucho had already smoothed most of it over she wanted to make her own impression and make herself look better on her behalf.

This is where she approached Kri. Avalon was not one to be nervous in most situations. This was another situation in which she was not. Actually, she was perfectly relaxed and cool the entire time. A short breeze sent her mane and tail billowing for a short bit. The feathers decorated and set in her mane and tail also followed the same motion except with less freedom and more restriction.

Avalon shook her head to get a loose strand of hair out of her eyes sending her feathers flying once more for a split second. The charcoal colored antlers protruding upon the crest of her head followed the same shaking movement.

Her silver irises scanned the sandy spot for Kri. The sun was going down and colder temperatures than now were surely going to be setting in, if she assumed correctly. The description she had been given was vague and quick but she was sure she could manage.

And thus she did. The stocky framed mare carried the same traits described from the chocolate brown coat to the flaxen mane. Another one of the traits were the chocolate colored wings. She had also been given the fact that Kri carried dark blue eyes but Avalon couldn't see that. Needless to say, she had no doubt in her mind this was Kri.

A friendly and warm smile plagued her lips as she approached Kri.

"Good day, ma'am. You must be Kri? I am Avalon seeking acceptance into Dragon Throat."

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

Days were long and relatively idle since the threat of Tio had fallen upon our heads. Aside from the bustle of military training, the herd felt at ease. We had a tension, but it was not as though my kin did not trust in our guardians' abilities to keep them safe. Our soliders and myself were quite content in our training, and though the first few weeks had been quite nerve wracking, I had grown less weary knowing that the Grey would not side so easily with an imbecile. The weight that sat heavily upon my brow now centered around the face of our late General, Azzuen, his absence upon my heart. I could mourn his death for ages, but that would still not bring his vivacious soul back to this world.

To chain him to my home would be the opposite of what I desired for his life, for any of the lives of those who lived within my home. His time had passed, and though I was saddened by his absence, there was a peace in my soul to know that he had not died at the hands of any other force but his own. With the look on his face, like a sleeping child, the Tuuli's beloved general passed much the opposite of his twin. I could secure him no greater fate. I pray that when my time in this world is finished, I too rise just as blissfully.

My eyes are half closed as I watch the sun fall below the horizon, being eaten by the crimson waves of my home, but bathing them in the last golden rays of its light. We of the desert are blessed by the Sun, though I often think his blessing more of a curse. Still, I would not trade my home for any in the land, as the open sky above me is home even if the red floor is not. Unhindered by trees, hills, and mess, the desert sky is one beautiful expanse, horizon to horizon, unbroken. This is what I desired of my home. My mood is somber as I watch the sun sink, but I am still alert. The plodding of hooves stirs my ear to fall to the side, listening carefully to the approach of the giant without any showing concern.

She smells foreign, but if I need protect myself from this I am unfraid. Reluctantly, I turn my face away from the painting of vibrant colors toward the buckskin mare, feathers blowing in her mane as the wind shifted, my own mind setting its course natural with nothing but a sway of my head. "You may just call me Kri," I say flatly, but at least she did not scrape down and call me "Queen" or "Sultana" like some. I hated the titles of royalty, had no use for them. I was nothing but a soldier, a warrior, and the thought of wearing a crown had still not settled well in my gut. "Since you know my name, I suppose someone has brought you here, neh?" I ask, my voice gruff and masculine. "Their name, please?"
""

COMMANDER</style>
the</style>
i will give your heart a place to rest when everything you have has turned and left.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Avalon had of course been brought here by someone. Just several handfuls of time ago she had found herself in the Threshold being towed to Dragon's Throat. And before that, there were the two others trying to persuade her into their herds. Avalon dipped her head slightly with a brief yes.

"Of course. He said his name was Gaucho."

Avalon didn't suppose Kri was one to speak much but Avalon didn't press on for much of any conversation neither. Nor did she care for it. She was fine either way. All in all, Avalon still retained the same friendly and amiable tone as well as aura.

The setting sun was beginning to sink further under the sands of the desert land only to be covered for the night. Looking at the right spot, one could see where dark blue collided with the red indicating the fast approaching night. Avalon then began to wonder if this was perhaps a bad time to approach Kri. Whether or not, it was too late to excuse herself anyways.

"It's a very beautiful place, Dragon's Throat." And she wasn't lying nor stating it to suck up either. It was rather her observations coming out of her mouth. The rolling soft sands felt absolutely splendid on her hooves. Avalon's silver lined eyes looked once more at the setting sun. Its colors reminded her much of a fire that was beginning to burn slowly down. With a swish of her tail, the large horse's gaze as returned to Kri once more.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

Gaucho. I smirk, having heard this name entirely too often as of late. I cannot recall speaking to the stallion myself, but perhaps I would be thanking him shortly for all that he has done for my herd thus far. Posing a challenge to my warriors, bringing home those of capable body, and restoring life in a land that was paralyzed by the death of our General and the threat of foreign invasion. Yes, I would definitely have to commend this soldier in his marvelous contributions to my home. If any deserved a pat on the back lately, it was the large bay I had yet to speak with.

My eyes remain dark, even as the light escapes farther from our reach, bleeding out onto the horizon in the last moments of the day. I watch it with quiet serenity, turning my attention from the buckskin to watch it, yet still having an ear cocked in her direction to capture her words and allow her to know that I am hardly ignoring her. We as a pair seem to slip into a companionable silence, and I allow for it. The days have been long and hard in the fall of my brother, and it is in these quiet moments that my heart seems to quiver with grief. Still, it is not uncomfortable, nor do I hate the feeling of this sadness. I welcome the dark feeling of death, knowing that my ability to feel this emotion proves how strongly I was tied to that amazing creature. We were family, Azzuen and I.

The words which fall from her lips seem to cling to the apparent image of the colors spreading across the desert floor and sky. Without hindrance of trees or mountains, the horizon was one bouquet of color. It was the sky which I fell in love with in this land, the desert many found unpleasant. When you see the sun dip below the horizon, however, painting every inch of the crimson floor with vibrant life, reflecting it back into the sky in a rainbow of life, there is something within the heart that stirs. The same ties which had bound me to Azzuen, the ties of love. "It grows more so with each passing day," I say, a smile in response to her words. "I look forward to seeing you learn that truth."

With the small offer of acceptance, I nod to her, taking my hooves to motion and propelling myself forward, my wings opening to catch the wind which races behind me with sudden excitement. I pull it along in order to sail on the graceful waves, rising into the sky and flying toward the sunset. I had never won a race against the sun, but maybe someday I will be fast enough.

[ Kri out. xP ]
""

COMMANDER</style>
the</style>
i will give your heart a place to rest when everything you have has turned and left.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com