the Rift

[BASIN] A Wish; Closed

Clover Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The night was dark but I could see everything so clearly. The threshold of Helovia was at rest, sleeping away at peace. My dark hoofs touched the ground ever so softly as I walked among the forest and it’s standing trees. I sneaked around in the darkest part of the shadows, but my white body still showed. A owl swooped over my high held dome, making it drop low. My head raised again and my green pearls watched the owl fly away into a tree, wings never made a single noise. The trees waved as flags when the wind picked up pace.
I smiled as I woke up from a long sleep. My surroundings looked the same as the night before, only it wasn’t dark anymore. The sun was shining bright, warming the earth below it’s kingdom. I stood up and shook the dirt off my pelt, pushing it off into thin air. I raised my dome, harks pricked forward as I looked around at the threshold that stood before me. The trees still like a lion hunting it’s prey, not moving. This is beautiful, why did I ever think of this before? I froze and locked my pearls on a little fawn, as it raced through the trees to find it’s family. It never even seemed to blink, afraid to run into something and get hurt. A smiled formed on my muzzle as a galloped into the lightest part of the forest, where the sun shined most. Sliding to a stop, I reared, bobbing my dome, and neighed. I listened as it echoed throughout the lands. I fell to the ground, my hooves crushing the soft soil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OCC - Prob my best post ever. o.o
Word Count - 278.
---
Clover does.
"Clover talks."
Clover thinks.

Skylark Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Slender cream legs stretched out over the grassy ground beneath him. The trees as tall as he could remember. He quite enjoyed the threshold now. It reminded him of the day he met Thayne, such a gentle kind heart. The colt picked up his pace as he swerved between the trees. He loved to run and chase random flying things.

He snorted slightly as his small body began to get tired, slowing to a graceful trot. He zig-zagged through the threshold looking for a new friend. He loved meeting new people, even though he was quite shy. The innocent mind could never contemplate someone ever being mean to him.

He still sometimes though about the monsters in the trees that Thayne talked about. Thinking about them sent shivers down his spine. How could anything be so rotten and mean? He shook his head slightly as he saw a white figure in the distance. She had a light green mane at tail, with the marking of a clover on her rump. And... was that a horn sticking out from her head? His first unicorn ever met.

He bounded over to the filly and whinnied happily. She looked harmless enough. Hi there! I'm Skylark! But You can call me Lark or Larky, Or skylark if you want. I kind of like Skylark the most. He said with a soft faint smile and his childish rambling. He looked over the filly. She was pretty cute. She looked the same breed as himself, an Arabian. She had the beautiful face and elegance of one, that was for sure. He nudged her neck softly and in a friendly way, hoping shewouldnt take it as a threat.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Arah approached the unicorn and stallion, he was rambling on about his names and what she should call him. 'What a dork' rolling her eyes and letting a small smile pass through her lips, she stopped just behind the stallion and winked at the filly. He nudged her neck, Arah assumed it was meant to be friendly. Only stallions where full of tricks and you never could be too sure. "Hello Skylark." Arah said politely. She walked up and stood beside the bare head. She had wondered into the conversation and knew that it was pretty rude to interrupt. "Please forgive my rudeness." She tilted her head to the side slightly and turned her golden eyes to the filly. "Hi there!" She said brightly to the unicorn. Arah thought to herself how nice it would be to have a friendly face in the basin. She picked her way over to the filly with dignity and pose. She knew that she was a rather regal creature and she had kindness and honesty to go with it. The only kind basin herd member. Time wasn't something that she had a lot of. She had meetings and people to meet and talk to.

She cut to the chase, "I come from the basin." Another soft smile for the filly to show her that she wasn't about to drag her there if she didn't want to come. "We are lead by the most wonderfully chilly persona Psyche." Walking back over to the colt she sighed at how young he was to be alone. If the filly wanted her to, Arah would be more than happy to take the filly under her wing...'horns'. "If you would like, because it is your choice, you may come back to the basin with me." Arah hated feeling like she was putting the filly on the spot, but she had to choose in the end anyway.

Arah hoped that this whole exercise wasn't a waste of breath. In fact she was actually starting to like the filly. She wanted the filly to choose her over the colt.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Threw this together to get it done before you replied to DarqB.
Words; 349
Tag; Skylark, Clover, Open.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Unregistered

The forest beat as I heard hooves pound at the ground then became a nice little trot followed by a rhythm. I shook my mane and chewed at little pieces of grace until a small colt came up to me. My body jumped back, not seeing him first before he spoke. My mussels tightened then loosened as he nudged my soft neck. "Hello." I bobbed my head in excitement of meeting another one of me. A new friend? Yes. I looked at his white firm with little splashes of cream. Handsome. "My name is Clover. But my mother and father called me Clo." The sound of “mother and father” sent a flash back through my head like a bullet. The wolves. The blood. The screams. I shook my head, forgetting it all and replacing the frown with a small smile.

I watched as a white mare with antlers came up, greeting Skylark and me. "Hello there!" I looked at the two stood in front of me. One was like me, a unicorn and the other was hornless. A big, bright smile came upon my muzzle. The whole world seemed to stand still until the white mare spoke again. My harks flicked back and forward and my pearls were locked onto the mare’s statue. The basin? A home. A new home. I made a small squeal in excitement. Everything is going to be alright Clover. I looked at the two of them and smiled. You have two new friends and you’re going to have a new home. You’re not alone anymore.

I looked at the mare and watched as she came to the side of me. As my dome tilted to the side, I smiled. "I would love to have a new home." I nuzzled her chest and then looked back to the colt. I smiled and nudged back at his neck like he had done before. It was a beautiful day, and everything was going good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OCC - Yay! Clover shall have a home!
Word Count - 335.
---
Clover does.
"Clover talks."
Clover thinks.

Skylark Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SKYLARK
little bird, why don't you fly away?

The little cream colored jumped when he had heard a voice behind him. He did not want to turn around since it new his name. He shook slightly but saw no horror on Clover's face. Seeing this calmed him ever so slightly. A white mare strode up next to him and introduced herself. Her words were quick and to the point. She offered Clover a home. The new mare had antlers like a deer and her mane was long and beautiful. The most beautiful woman that Skylark had ever seen.

Skylarks mind wandered off as he thought about his long lost brother Takua. He wondered if he was ok, or what happened to him. He knew that if Takua was here he would be flirting madly with Clover. She was awfully pretty after all. The little male backed up slightly to better see his view of the two females. He was slightly saddened knowing that Clover would more likely choose Arah over him. He would find comfort more with an older stallion than a younger girl as well if he was in her position.

"Wh- what is your name miss?" skylark asked politely. as he felt Clo nudge his neck back. He smiled slightly with a small blush. He nuzzled her cheek softly. Before nudging the new mars neck as well. It was sort of a comfort thing for the small colt. He looked back over at Clover. Man she is so pretty he thought to himself. HE hoped that Clover would be happy with this new mare of who's name still baffled him. He stood there and awaited for one of them to make their next move.

Skylark is moving.

"Skylark is talking."

Skylark is thinking.

---

occ: Gah horrible post im sorry Dx
wordcount: 278

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Smiling when Clover had accepted her offer Arah felt a sense of accomplishment. She nodded and stood next to the filly as if claiming her for the basin. Arah did not think of Clover as property, merely now that she had accepted it would be rather rude for someone else to barge in. When Arah entered their little meeting, Clover hand't accepted to go anywhere with the young colt. She was quite in her right to feel over protective of the filly now. She pressed the side of her body gently agasint Clover's to let the young filly know that everything was going to be alright now. She was safe and heading off to a new home. The young colt asked her a question and Arah raised an eyebrow. "Of course, how rude of me." She spoke both to the filly and the colt, "I am named Arah."

She smiled and now spoke directly to Clover. "Now the basin may be a little colder than you're used to." Her eyes watched the young filly, hoping she will have grown enough to be warm through the months than were freezing. "I mean that for the temperature and the herd." She tilted her head slightly. " I know I have offered you a home in the basin, and I am quite sure everything will be fine, you will still need to be accepted into the herd by Psyche our leader." She smiled at Clover. "But who could say no to that face!" Arah laughed.

She took a few timid steps forward and then looked back over her shoulder with sad eyes. "Clover, say goodbye to your friend." She didn't mean to sound like a mother, but the more someone hung around the harder goodbyes were. "Skylark, I wish you the best. I'm sorry I can't bring you back to the basin with us."

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Let me know when you want to thread in the basin.
Words; 310
Tag; Clover, Skylark, Open.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Unregistered

I looked into Skylark’s eyes, fear filled them. ”It’s okay, Larkie. Only a kind mare.” As he watched the mare walk past him, I noticed how his eyes seemed to calm down and his happiness came back to his pearls. She smiled and ran circles around him until she came back to Arah’s side. Her eyes lit up as she looked deep into Skylark’s eyes. She turned and stood under Arah’s neck, feeling safe for the first time in two years.

My heart pounded warmly as I listened to the mare’s name. Arah. The name raced through my head as I stared at her white coat. So beautiful, so much magic contained within it. I looked back over to my friend, Skylark. A smile took over my muzzle. When I looked back to Arah’s sweet face, my face filled with confusion. ”Is Psyche nice?” I looked over to Larkie and smirked. My long legs shot me right over to him, nipping him softly on the rump. ”Tag! You’re it!” I raced away from him, but making sure not to stray too far away from Arah. My legs ran, non-stop, this was one of Clover’s hyper days, like always. I threw my head up, mane flying through the air. I smiled as I felt so free, but so safe.

When I came to a stop beside Arah, my smile faded into a frown. Goodbye? But we just met. I looked over to my beloved friend. My heart felt broken again, but I knew it was for the best. My legs carried me over to the cremello stallion. I hung my head over him like I was hugging him. ”Goodbye Skylark. I will miss you, but you will be in my heart.. forever.” A tear weaved down my soft dome. I backed up looking into his eyes. I turned around, walking back over to Arah’s side. My head tilted to the side and I looked over my withers at Skylark. My eyes were gray, because of the sadness that overwhelmed me. I soon was walking away from my first friend, in a long time.

---

Clover is moving.

"Clover is talking."

Clover is thinking.

---

ooc: Bye bye Larkie. :c -Clover exits-
word count: 354