the Rift

The Warrior's Heart (Friendly Challenge) {Archibald}

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
It was a hot afternoon as I approached these fields full of blooming thistles. They slightly rubbed against my fetlock, causing slight irritation. How I wish these annoying plants would just disappear. The sun was high in the sky, and my pelt twitched in annoyance. I felt drastically overheated, and I felt everlastingly thirsty. In the distance, I heard a rush of water, and with my dehydrated body, I ran towards the sound, eager to get any sort of water down my throat. Despite the fact that I was feeling so hot, I was very energetic and lively in my bounds, and moves, as I ran towards the water. I finally approached the rushing river, and craned my neck down, letting my dished face lap up all of the crystal clear water. I've never felt more refreshed, and now I was completely energized.

I galloped back out to the field, eager to see if I could find another horse in which to sharpen my skills with. I was very eager to fight, now that I was filled with new found energy, and I wanted to share my excitement with another horse. Maybe an opponent would appear somewhere, and I would have an incredible fight. I smiled at the thought of it. How to outsmart my enemy, what new moves I could use on them. I was starting to sound like a little colt eager to commence training for battle. I remembered my first days when I was so eager that the leader, my father himself was going to teach us. The hot air still hung in the air, but a cool breeze found its way down to the Thistle Fields, caressing me in its cold touch. I felt incredibly relieved at the sudden gush of cold air. I lifted my disked face, and saw in the horizon a summer storm brewing up.

In pure joy, I reared myself up, onto my hind legs, lifting my head into the air, letting out a challenging whinny. The whinny wasn't harsh though, but it was meant to be taken as more of a friendly invitation to whoever was out there and wanted to spar. My tone was leveled, and not threatening, and I was hoping, that maybe another horse would appear for me to fight. I was ready, and eager.

WC: 387

Attack 0/3
Defense 0/1

Arrane is thirsty, and goes to drink water at the river, and heads back towards the center of the fields. He lets out a challenging, but friendly whinny to whoever is out there, in look for a spar. In the Thistle Meadows, and a summer storm is brewing. Archibald gets to attack first, and has closing defense. Max. Words: 800

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald the Dauntless

Archibald stood in the meadow with his head lowered, listening to the far off rumbles of thunder as a summer storm rolled in. Loretta sprawled in the grass a few feet from him, rolling and snapping her jaws at insects joyfully in the Tallsun warmth. The sun warmed Archibald’s dark coat as well and flies bit at his hide ruthlessly. In quick, violent strikes the Dauntless scattered the flies with his tail, skin twitched juxtaposed to battle the fiends. Chewing without a thought, something of interest perked Archibald’s head straight up. Not but a hundred yards from his grazing spot was a gray Arabian stallion, galloping in the meadow. Archibald turned his body to meet the stallion, part of his brain wondering if he should ask him about the stallion Tio, the one that Phaedra saw as such a threat to Helovia, but Archibald did not know if the Arabian would have any knowledge of the bastard. As the gray stallion drew himself into a rear Archibald’s eyes narrowed darkly—so, this stallion wished for a partner? Archibald would satisfy him today. Dismissing the thought of Tio and letting battle plans roll into his mind, the machine moved towards the gray.

Loretta jumped up to follow her bonded as he rolled his hulking body into a smooth trot, coming up on the left side of Arrane and from slightly behind him. The muscles in his shoulders pulled uncomfortably from his battle with Gaucho only days ago now. Pushing the pain down, Archibald stopped only a few lengths, each about the size of Loretta, to the left flank of the stallion. “If it is battle you want, it is battle you will get.” The Dauntless spoke, his voice booming, and fluidly his defenses set. Black as night ears pinned to his head and his neck arched, chin tucking carefully to conceal his sensitive throat. Archibald’s narrowed, golden eyes surveyed the one in front of him. Today, speed would be on the arabian’s side, but strength would certainly be on his. Archibald had fought many lighter horses than him, because most were lighter than him, but specifically he had battled Locket and Lev Fence—both extremely speedy and lithe movers. Archibald was prepared for his battle, but he knew he needed to keep Arrane close to overpower him.

The Dauntless clicks one hoof against the ground lightly, waiting for the strange stallion in front of him to make the first move. Beside him, Loretta lowers her center of balance and mentally calms herself, amber eyes darting across the stallion, shooting images of his skinny legs and thin hair to her bonded. Archibald smirked, grunting roughly, a sure sign to Loretta alone that he took pride in her knowing weaknesses in others. They were truly a team.

[WC: 464 | 0/3 | M&C: 0/2 | BBs: Swift and Endure | Archibald approaches Arrane’s left flank, slightly behind him. Setting up his defenses, he prepared for Arrane to attack first. ]

I am a weapon powerful

beyond belief

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Default win to Archibald.