the Rift

A New Breeze

Brisa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Only days ago she was with her family, saying her goodbyes. A year ago her sire took her aside to have a little chat. He was awestruck at how well she had matured and how well she was learning how to survive, Butane that was what brought him to the decision. The land was getting worse, they were going to have to leave and find another spot. Unless she was able to find herself a worthy mate. At first, she did not understand. But as she grew older, she understood more, including what he was asking of her. Brisa was afraid. How could she choose someone to be with forever, and leave her family behind? She spoke with her dam and talked it over. If she found a mate that was just right for her, great. But they would survive, someway. That was when Brisa promised herself she would find a stallion to love her, one that would not mind her visiting her family every now and then. So her elder brother helped train her for the risks of being without a companion. Fighting, self-defense, seduction, she learned it all. Finally, she was prepared to leave. Tears fell to the ground and goodbyes were in the air. Her mom stepped forward and muzzled her. "Always stay free, like the breeze we named you after. We love you, Brisa." Without looking back, she headed into the forest to find a stallion.
The bright sunlight shone delicately through the canopies, bringing various spots of light on the otherwise dark trail. Her bleached ivory coat gave a sort of glow in the darkness. Her aids flicked, listening for any signs of danger, her chocolate orbs scanned the darkness, finding a light that was slowly getting brighter. Brisa was not afraid, only worried. But as she stepped out into the light, she was amazed by the lush, veridian grass and the aqua skies. She felt,deep within, that this was the best place. Not only to rest and regain her strength and stamina, but to also find that one stallion. Brisa looked skyward and let out a small, short whining, claiming this as her land, for now.

Cythraul Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Cythraul's dark cherry coat gleamed in the sunlight as he moved through the trees. The three black horns protruding from his skull made him look a little odd, but he'd had them for years, so he was used to the stares. The long, rich black stockings matched the color of his horns, and the color of his eyes. His long legs moved him quickly through the trees, his horns caught on a few branches, but he wrenched them free with a quick jerk of his head.

His eyes lighted on an Equine mare, and he moved closer to her.
"M'am?" He called, his voice deep and rich with a strong Southern accent. "Are you lost? I could help you find a place to stay, if you'd like. My name is Cythraul." He smiled at her, stopping his advance about two yards away. He wondered how she'd gotten here, or if she had any family in the forest. Perhaps she was visiting them? His black eyes gleamed with kind humor as he gazed at her.

"Forgive me for being so forward, but you are very beautiful." He told her, black tail swishing a little behind him. His mane touched the ground, ebony silk flowing like water to the ground. His tail trailed behind him on the ground, a banner that would wave behind him when he ran. He was a pretty good-looking stallion, but he didn't really notice himself, seeing as he'd been alone most of his life and didn't ever really flirt or anything.

Stepping hesitantly closer to the mare, he looked at her with bright curiosity shining in his eyes. She had no wings, nor did she have a horn or rack of antlers-- so she must be a normal equine. This was a change, a welcome one at that, and he gave her a broad, kind smile to ease her nerves.

Dancing of the Flames
"Whispering of the Wind."
Babbling of the Brook

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
As I was walking through the beautiful woods I have grown to love so much, I heard a claiming whinny. It sounded feminine, and I was greatly interested to see who made the beautiful noise. I was also quite lonely, and would like to have some company. A beautiful light was filtering through the tree tops, and as I e,edged from trees to spacious blue skies, and a clearing of luscious grass. I felt at peace in this place looking at it in awe. What made this place even prettier was the lovely mare standing before me. She had an ivory coat, and deep chocolate orbs that drew me in. To admit it, I was a sucker. I fell in love quite easily. My heart slightly dropped as I saw another stallion in the clearing. I was eager, and happy to meet new horses though, so I happily trotted forward.

The male stallion seemed polite, and his three horns greatly interested me. He was handsome, and had a long, flowing mane. It seemed to shine in the sunlight, and I wondered how I looked like now. Probably not as handsome as this lad. My white coat still shimmered in the light, and my blue eyes scanned both of the horses. Cythraul was also the first unicorn I've seen. "Hello there, both of you!" I smiled happily. "I am Arrane, and it is such a lovely day". I wasn't flirting, but telling pure truth. It was truly a gorgeous day. "I have to agree with Sir Cythraul, that you are very lovely", I added onto Cythraul's compliment. I also good humorously smiled. "Also who made that whinny", I said letting out a friendly laugh. A warm wind brushed past the threesome, as I joyfully looked into their eyes, awaiting a response. The sun shone brighter than ever, and I slightly remembered my old home, where the fields stretched out and where the beach and sun was close by. I missed my two dearest sisters and family. I also remembered the the pain staking journey I took to come here. If it weren't for my stamina, I would've never made it.

Unregistered
As the mare delicately lipped the strands of grass, her auds picked up the soft sound of continuous beats on the ground. Lifting her head, she turned to find the intruder, and was taken aback by the presence of the stallion. A dark cherry coat with a long flowing mane and tail, not to mention his three horns. Brisa gently bobbed her head, a peaceful smile forming on her maw. "Why, hello there." She said, his southern twang calmed her worries. Her orbs caught sight of another stallion, this one like her, a lovely white. "It is nice to meet you Cythraul and Arrane. Yes, it is indeed a lovely day." She gazed at both of them, sizing them up. "Both of you aren't too bad yourselves." She said with a breezy chuckle. "My name is Brisa." Taking a step forward, cautiously and slowly closing the distance, Brisa eyed the white stallion as she felt the gaze of Cythraul. "No, I do not believe I am lost. But, of course, I don't exactly know the area. I'm just out searching for a place of my own." Brisa didn't want to exactly come out and say all she wanted was a stallion, she also wanted her own piece of land, possibly. Turning her gaze back to Cythraul. "What brings the likes of you two out here?" She inquired, letting her somewhat tense body relax. "You may join me here in my safe haven, if you'd like. There is a small stream and plenty of grass. Come and rest." Brisa smiled gently at Arrane and Cythraul.

Unregistered
Cythraul smiled at the other stallion, a kind gesture. "Helovia is quite the place-- but I must warn you about others of Unicorn kind. They are racist, and see all other breeds as filth to be wiped from the earth." He grimaced in distaste, shaking his head.

"Idiots, the lot of them. Some Pegasi and Equines are like that too, but there are many good horses here. Kind horses, horses that aren't racist. I myself am not racist, and I would readily defend the two of you against one of my kind." He voice seemed to go deeper, the accent getting stronger, as he spoke with conviction.

Sighing quietly, he thought,
I wonder if she sees how the poor lad is looking at her. He's obviously head over heels for her. Perhaps if I leave, they'll bond...? It's always nice to see new love here in Helovia. Makes me feel like I'll find someone one day...

The stallion brought himself gracefully over to the stream and lowered his head, taking a long drink from the cool, clear water, and then straightening up, black horns shining in the light. His dark eyes glittered as he leaped the stream, mane and tail streaming behind him for an instant before his hooves hit the ground and his ebony hairs settled into their proper places once more.

They trailed on the ground as he moved around, pushing the grass down into three comfy beds before leaping the stream again and looking at the two.
"Our night here, should all of us stay, will not be uncomfortable." He told them, smiling a little.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
She seemed to be sizing us, as she scanned us with her eyes. I smiled when she told us her name. Brisa. What a pretty name. It reminded me of the name breeze. "There are many places to find if you're looking for a place", I said nodding my head towards Cythraul. "As he said, Unicorns aren't as elusive as thought to be". I spoke. I was glad that Cythraul had given her a heads up on how the unicorns were here. Personally, I'm not racist, but the racist unicorns give me the chills. I've never met one, but I don't think I want to meet one. I gazed at Cythraul. He did seem to be extremely regal, but he didn't have the traditional unicorn horn. He had three onyx ones instead.

I heard his accent go deeper about protecting us, and I felt a rush of warmth, and happiness. I really like Cythraul, and his easy going personality. "I would do the very same", I said respectfully nodding. "Like Cythraul, I myself, am not racist, and I would protect you two just as fiercely", I said as I felt more fond of these two horses. The ivory one, Miss Brisa slightly reminded me of my sister, Willow. Willow was an ivory sheen that seemed white, just the same as Brisa. Brisa asked of what we were doing here, and I kindheartedly replied. "Well I'm here, adventuring, and I was seeing what I could find", I said cheerfully. "What about you, Sir?" I questioned Cythraul in a respectful manner. Brisa offered us to stay, and I smiled at her invitation. "Of course, Miss", I said. "are you going to stay?" I motioned towards Cythraul that went to drink water. I saw that he pushed some grass down for us to lay down. "I'm planning on staying, if that's okay", I said to Cythraul. "What about you Miss Brisa? Would you like to come rest with us", I said as I walked towards Cythraul.

Unregistered
Brisa listened to Cythraul speak about Helovia. He made it seem so amazing and interesting, but his warnings of the racist unicorns caught her attention more. It worried her. Were there really other Equines and Pegasi that were just as racist? And what did the Unicorns do that was so bad that makes everyone afraid of them? Brisa was confused and it made her ponder about the two stallions with her in the field. They must not be racist if they were getting along as well as they were, and she wasn't prepared or taught how to deal with the others they talk about. Brisa watched as Cythraul effortlessly clear the stream, making it to the other side to make a resting area. "Why, thank you Cythraul." She said gratefully. Her gaze returned to the white stallion, stallions aids flicking, catching his words. "Thank you, both of you. And although protection wasn't something I'd think I'd need, I can help fend off any intruders." Brisa liked the chilvery, but she didn't like the weak feeling she knew would come if they fought without her. A hearty chuckle came from her and she nodded. "Yes, yes. Exploring and adventuring, all in good fun, can be a delight." She walked forward, stopping only to take a sip of the stream. "Of course." Brisa said, gently stepping through the water. She walked slowly, feeling the familiar touch and caress of the water around her hooves, tugging at her tail. A serene smile flicked across her maw as she joined the others.

Unregistered
Cythraul smiled at the two and took another drink from the stream. Lifting his head again, he looked at the mare and stallion, then went to one of the three beds and laid down in it, dark red coat shining in the light.

He laid his head on the ground and shut his eyes, his mane pooling around his body. He let out a yawn and blinked sleepily at them.
"I've been up for two days straight. My apologies for my tiredness."

The black eyes of the stallion closed again, and he took a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh. The thundering beat of his heart, steady and slow and strong, slowed even more as his breathing evened out and he slipped into the land of dreams.

His well-muscled but lithely built body pushed through the branches, his horns gleaming in the moonlight. The mare waited in the clearing, her horns shining in the light. The silver beams from the moon caught on her gorgeous silver paint coloring, making her glow. Her horns, silver like the splashes on her body, reflected the light and cast it out at him.

He smiled and gave a soft whinny, her head whipped towards him and she reared, giving a neigh of happiness. He galloped to her and brought his head to hers, making sure his horns did not stab her. He pulled back and pushed his muzzle to her round stomach. She nickered softly, and he brought his head up, black eyes full of affection. The mare's eyes were a deep forest green, shining with love and happiness.

"My love, it's been too long." "Two days." She sighed, shutting her eyes and nuzzling him. "Oh, love, I am here now, we will never be parted again." She smiled, and then frowned a little. "Cythraul... I had the dream again. It got more vivid. You must promise me you'll move on if it happens." "It won't." He said, voice hoarse with agony. "It can't. I won't let it." She gave him a sad smile, and her eyes trailed over the stallion she loved, memorizing every line of his body.

His eyes were occupied as well, memorizing that night and every detail of it. The mare finally found their eyes locked together again, but something caught her peripheral vision. The black stallions from her dream advanced, their razor-sharp horns gleaming in the moonlight. She pushed her mate, the love-of-her-life, and whispered, "Run. Only one of us can escape this night."

Cythraul glared at the oncoming unicorn stallions. There were four of them, come to destroy his beloved mate and the foal growing within her. He'd been alone for all his life before meeting her nine months ago, and three months after they'd met, she had been impregnated by him, and now carried his offspring. These stallions were all enemies of his from his pre-Helovia life, and now that he'd found happiness, they wanted to take it from him.

Two of them rushed him, and he lowered his head, horns plunging through the chest of the first. The second unicorn slammed his shoulder into Cythraul's side and knocked him off balance. "Run, Cameria, run!" He screamed, cutting the other stallion's throat with his horns. Wheeling around, he gouged a hole in the side of the third stallion.

By the time he turned to the fourth stallion, he was standing over his mate, about to stamp a hoof through her ribs to finish her off. Cythraul rushed him desperately, slamming into the stallion's side and sinking his horns into the body of the enemy, until his forehead hit flesh, and he kept running for a few minutes.

Yanking away, he ran back to his beloved Cameria and laid down at her back, laying his head across her neck. "Beloved, stay with me." He begged. "Please, please, Cameria, please! I could not bear to never hear your sweet voice again!"

Tears poured down the stallion's face as his Cameria closed her beautiful eyes for the last time, letting out a breath. Her heartbeat stopped, and he screamed his horror and pain. He lay there for a week until he was emaciated and could barely stand. His darling mate lay dead and decayed on the ground. He tore his gaze away and started walking, then galloping away, tears flying from his eyes.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Cythraul gave us both a look, and went back to sipping in the stream. I looked back to Brisa and gave her a warm smile. Did she even realize she was so beautiful? "Okay. I'm glad you can fend for yourself", I said. "Adventuring is a lovely thing. New sites to see, new everything", I said to her, and then directing it towards Cythraul too. I saw the stallion lay back down, with his long mane covering his face. "No need for apologies", I told Cythraul when I saw him sleepily drift off. I smiled. Poor lad. I got up and walked over to the stream, dipping my hooves in it. My colt hood started returning to my head, as images of the beach, then the fields came back. I remember splashing my older brothers with water, and then racing them in the fields we moved to soon after. I bent my neck down, lapping up some water, feeling the refreshing liquid enter my body. As soon I was done, I licked my lips dry, and walked back to the comfortable beds Cythraul made us.

I came back to see Cythraul sleeping. He seemed to be dreaming, for his eyelids were rapidly twitching. Maybe a nightmare, the poor lad. I looked towards Brisa. Intending to make short conversation with the beauty, I asked her a question. "I hope not to be intrusive, but what has brought you here to these new lands?" I asked her in a soft voice. I didn't want to wake up weary Cythraul. I looked over my shoulder just to check up on him. I smiled, happy that I've made a new friend. I looked back to the ivory mare and awaited her response.

Unregistered
Brisa watched as Cythraul rested his cranium against the ground, his long silky mane pooling around him. He seemed exhausted, and she was glad that she had invited him to stay. She remembered the feeling of always moving, constantly fatigued from loss of rest. But now she could relax. Brisa had two obviously strong and capable stallions to help protect her, and she can finally get that rest she so needed. Although, Arrane, the other stallion, the majestically white one, seemed pretty restless, too. As she walked toward him, Brisa nodded her head in acknowledgement. She agreed completely with him. Although travelling alone was a pain, it was nice to get to see all the new sights, to meet the other creatures, creatures and it was nice to get to know oneself a little better. Brisa had just gotten to her bed, the last one claimed, when Arrane questioned her. "Well, you see, the land where my small herd was located started to not supply enough for us all, even though there were few of us. My sire ordered me to leave, wanting me to find a stallion and herd of my own. He didn't want me to go through the troubles of gaining new land. Sadly, it took me a while to figure that out. I had assumed he wished to banish me." Brisa was not ashamed of speaking to an almost complete stranger, but she did find him easy to talk to, which made her very happy. As she pawed at her bed, making it a little more comfortable, she questioned him. "Are you really just exploring, or are you searching for something more, or maybe even less?"

Unregistered
Cythraul woke with a startled scream, tears rolling down his face. The stallion's body was half out of his bed and half still in it, his eyes wild with horror and confusion and fear. Then he saw his surroundings, and he slumped back to the ground, shutting his eyes and letting out a pained sigh, the barely heard whisper of "Cameria..." within it.

Tears leaked from under his eyelids as vivid memories of his mate-- lost just over a year before-- played in his head. He would have been a father. He would have had a family. She'd wanted him to promise to try to move on, and he had tried! Who, though, would take a stallion with the emotional baggage he had? No one! It was best his heart lay dead with the soul of his Cameria, and his unborn foal.

The stallion got slowly to his hooves, going to the stream and taking a drink.
"I suppose you can see why I've been awake for two days." His deep voice was flat, emotionless, though when he turned and went to lie in his bed once more, his eyes showed his agony. "It shouldn't happen this time, since the dream came just seconds ago. Well-- memory." He shut his eyes to block out the visions of his mate's corpse, his heart throbbing painfully.

Would he ever see his beloved again? Would he be able to move on? His questions ran unanswered through his mind, as those tears still trickled from beneath closed lids. Letting out another soft sigh, he hid his face in his mane.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I saw the stallion awake with a sudden jerk, as he whispered a name under his breath. Pity flew into my gaze. I looked at him. He must have lost someone very important to him. I saw tears slightly leaking under his eyes, and I knew that the love he had for that horse was terribly great. Sadly, I shut my eyes too remembering my family, my sisters, and that one female I briefly met. I remembered her green eyes, her Frisian build, and her beautiful black pelt. Orinthia. But she was gone now, never to see me again. I remember how I confessed my love to her after her brief stay for a weeks, and how she looked, pitifully into my eyes and said. 'I'm sorry, but I can't love you back'. My heart broke completely when she told me that. But maybe, I could find love again. "It's okay Cythraul. I can tell you're troubled", I said, trying to offer him a shoulder to lean on, if he needed it. I knew I wasn't the over emotional type, but I did have a heart, and I felt what others felt. I could relate.

I saw him get a drink, and lay back down with agony showing in all of his movements. I felt horrible. "I hope you have a sweet dream", I said showing some sympathy. I then looked to Brisa that was telling me her story. She was so beautiful. Instead of a night pelt, she had a light ivory one. I smiled inside of my head, and listened to her speak. I heard her story and felt bad. I just left. I wanted to find new lands. I also was seeking the same thing as Brisa. Maybe...Maybe I would find my sisters again, maybe with a companion. I looked towards Brisa. "That's a sad story", I said, feeling guilty. When she asked me the second question, my heart slightly fluttered. "I think I'm looking for a little more", I said looking at her chocolate orbs. She was a complete stranger, but something about her made me fall for her like Orinthia. [/align]

Unregistered
Brisa watched as Cythraul awoke with a spasm and a scream of pain and loss. Pity settled over her. She heard his breath, and saw a name whispered, and she turned her head slightly, sadness passing through her. This stallion had gone through so many things, she could tell. Tears left a small, dark trail against his dark cherry coat, making it even more agonizing. Brisa watched as he got up, heading towards the stream. As he passed her, she let her maw run against his shoulder, showing that she was there if he needed her. Brisa was a great listener, and could sometimes give pretty good advise. But whatever was slowly destroying the strong Cythraul, Brisa knew she couldn't help too much. Sighing, she watched his slow steps back to his bed, and basically falling into it with so much pain and grief. "Agreed. Best dreams to you." She said, looking down at her own bed. Once again pawing at it, she finally laid down, her silky tail fanning out around her. Glancing at the other stallion, the sweet Arrane, Brisa gave him a smile. She sighed and ran her maw through the grass near her. Her auds listened, and when she felt that Cythraul was sleeping, Brisa turned to Arrane. "I wish there was something I could do to help him. I feel so guilty not being able to comfort him." Brisa looked back into Arrane's eyes, She felt something flutter inside her when he said he was looking for something more. Everyone said that, right? Everyone was looking for something more. But the way he looked at her when he said it, it made her look away, warmth fluttering through her. "Well, it may be sad, but it's been easy to deal with. I can understand it. But some stories..." Brisa couldn't finish what she was saying. Hopefully Arrane could understand.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I looked at Brisa as she gave a look of pity to the now sleeping Cythraul. I felt so horrible for him. What kind of ordeal must have he gone through to have such reverent memories attacking his subconscious. I looked to Brisa again and she gave me a smile. She stayed silent until Cythraul fell into a deeper slumber again. I watched him tensely, awaiting to see if he had the same reaction he had last time. Nothing happened, and Brisas's voice caught my attention again as I fixated my gaze upon her again. When I heard what Brisa said, I felt the same. "Yes, I feel quite bad for him I wonder what is troubling the lad so much?" I questioned partly to myself and Brisa. I felt her look at me, and I felt my stomach flip.

When I told her that I was looking for something more than just exploring these lands, we stared at each other and I saw her turn her head away. I must be scaring her. I shyly withdrew myself from looking at her. How foolish was I to actually think she might like me back. I understood what she meant. "Yes, I know some....", I said breaking off and looking towards Cythraul. I nuzzled her. "I'm here if you want to talk to me", I kindly said. I felt the place to gloomy now, so I felt the need to Maybe switch up the conversation. "So tell me, while you were seeking, what places did you see?" I said looking at her again. I couldn't help it.

Unregistered
Although the field was bright with the moon's light, and was airy an open, it still felt murky and enclosed, very gloomy. And as Brisa looked at Arrane, she saw that he felt the same, that he felt the same heavy air that she did. Another glance to Cythraul told her that it seemed as if the mighty stallion was finally getting some rest, and it made her happy. Maybe he just needed companions. "Maybe his story will be told another day." She mused, eying him. Her gaze flashed back to Arrane, and a smile made its way onto her maw. He just had this spirit around him, this aura. It made her feel giddy just to be next to him. Instinctively, she leaned his touch. It was nice, finally having someone besides herself to speak to, to be able to have a normal conversation with. Brisa had always thought of herself as a loner, but she never realized how wrong She was until she was actually alone. Brisa was enlightened to tell Arrane about her adventures. "Well, I didn't come across anything other than normal equines. Some were more violent than others, others but none tried attacking. Some of the land was beautiful. This place, Helovia, is amazing." Her eyes brightened as she recalled the gorgeous scenery and beautiful lands. "Oh, and I saw so many flowers, and in a variety of colors..." Brisa rambled on, only stopping when she looked back to Arrane, finally back in reality. "I apologize, I've rambling on. Please, forgive.my selfishness." She was ashamed. How could she do that, that he was technically her guest here. She laughed and looked at him. "Now, tell me about your sightings."

Hidden Account
Orinthia
She mused on how his story would be told another day. I couldn't agree more with her. I looked upon the sleeping lad. At least now he seemed to be sleeping more peacefully. Gratitude seeped into my gaze at Cythraul. How could I feel that slight prick of jealousy before? Jealousy was a feeling I didn't encounter quite that often, and I usually always deny I have ever felt that envious feeling, but when Brisa came, I knew my feelings would be shifted around. I couldn't agree more with her when she spoke of this land.

"Yes, Helovia is such a marvelous place", my eyes shone with admiration of this place. Brisa started rambling on, but I didn't mind listening to her voice. She recalled the colors of the flowers, and I myself, remembered the purple violets. "No need to apologize, feel free to speak how ever much you would like", I teased her. "I love the flowers too, like the violets that grow in the field," I said. "One day", I shyly said, "I would like to maybe make a herd, some where, where there are flowers, and streams, and maybe fields", I said. I couldn't be more excited to see new lands, and maybe even own a piece of land. I dreamily gazed toward Brisa. "I've also seen the Thistle meadows, full of violet thistles. There are a few distant oaks, and a stream that runs 'smack' in the middle of the whole place. Then there's the heavenly Fields. They're absolutely stunning, with mist encircling, and a beautiful scenery from the top of the mountain", I said, recalling every detail of the rocky mountains over looking lush, green fields. "Now it's my turn to be sorry for so much babble", I said laughing.

Unregistered
Brisa hadn't been in this land for long, but she realized something. Whether or not an Equine, Pegasus, or Unicorn hated each other, they all loved this land they call their home. Brisa vaguely remembers the small groups of Equines passing through what was once her land, talking about this beautiful place with lush fields and crystal clear streams an lakes. It sounded like the best place in the young filly's ears. Now she was living her dream, being able to visit this land of dreams. Brisa was flattered. She always got in trouble for either speaking her mind when it was unnecessary, or for babbling. But here she was, blabbering and embarrassing herself in front of a stallion she thought she might have a chance with. The thought made her insides flutter. He was an excellent communicator, Arrane was interesting. An He had so many stories. "Oh, you are not babbling. Please, continue with your stories, if you have any more." Brisa thought that Arrane must have traveled for quite a while.to see such variety of landscapes. Although, what would she know? "How long have you been travelling, again?" She asked him. So many questions rushed through her mind, but she didn't want to assault him just yet. "Wow." Brisa breathed, smiling in delight. "Oh, isn't it wonderful how such small delights can just make things so much more interesting?" Arrane had wanted a herd to call his own, maybe even some land. Wasn't that what she wanted, wanted also? Brisa had always dreamt of leading a herd, being the basic second-in-command. This stallion had just opened her world to endless possibilities.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
"I have so many stories", I replied to her. My mind was racked with so many different adventures, of marvelous places I had ventured to. The herds we fought against, the land we used to own. All of that was gone to me now. I had no home to speak of. I shut my eyes, breifly remembering our endless golden fields, and before that, the aquamarine water of the beach. Yes. That was truly my home. But here, I knew I had another chance. It was so unbearably beautiful here. I looked at her. "Would you like to hear them?" I asked her.

I decided to tell her one, just in case she wanted to hear a story. "Well, I was born in a place, a beautiful beach place, with forest trees instead of traditional palm trees. It was a dense forest by a beautiful aqua beach. After a few floods, we decided to move further up to land, to the endless fields that were a little bit beyond the forest. We traveled for about one day, and arrived to our new home. There we encountered many disputes for land against other horses. I was trained there since a foal, with my siblings", I paused feeling a wave of nausea thinking about how they were now "and I soon took my fathers place as general and leader of the herd", I said.

I actually wanted to speak of all the sights I've witnessed. "I've been traveling since late Birdsong", I told her, remembering the blistering heat that was to come.

"I absolutely agree with you Brisa. The flowers, the bees, the everything!" I chirped. I felt like pelting her with questions, for I was very interested. She was very interesting. I gave her a smile and continued on. I looked to her. "Please, feel free to pelt me with questions", I told her. I could tell in her eyes she was quite interested, and I was equally interested in her.

Unregistered
Arrane said he had many stories, and I believed him. Stories of new places, new sights, new things. I grinned and nudged him to continue on, I wanted to hear these awe inspiring tales. He had come from a beach, a sight I have yet to see. I've heard of the grainy terrain, of the sea air that is so distinct. I sighed at the thought. "What is the beach like?" I asked him quietly, not wanting to interrupt his train of thought. What had happened? He took his place as the general and leader of the herd, after his father, as one would normally do. But what happened after? "What happened after you took the place of your father?" I asked, looking at him questioningly. I gave a gentle smile, just to ensure that he didn't think that I was trying to be impulsive, or that I was trying to get into his personal past. He had been traveling far for the length of time. Birdsong hadn't been too long ago, and I sighed, now coming to the fact that the heat was sure to come anytime soon. Arrane was outgoing, happy, and energetic. He was fun to be around because he made everything feel like something special. I thought of a few questions an smiled as I prepared to assault him with them. "In your travels, did you come across any Pegasi? I've heard most of them are beautiful, marvelous creatures." I said, smiling. "Did you find what you were searching for?"

Hidden Account
Orinthia
"The beach", I murmured, shutting my eyes and remembering the scent of the salty endless blue. The sea. Blue waves crashing against the shore, the salty scent of the air. The liquid when you ran through it, refreshing your legs. "The beach is absolutely marvelous", I told her. I started babbling about how beautiful it was, and almost forgot to stop. "The beach is like this endless blue void, with crashing waves, and refreshing water. The air always smells like salt, and if you look, you can see the tiny bodies of fish swimming through the water", I said, dreamily shutting my cyan eyes. I felt embarrassed by babbling now. "Sorry for babbling", I told her. Then I heard her ask another question. What was happening after I took my father's place?

"Well, I never truly became leader of our herd, but I did take his place at being the leader of our fighting force. I trained all the males and females that volunteered to fight for our herd, to overcome the cruelties of invaders. Truly, when I was old enough, we left the beach, through forests, to a nearby field, where we practiced training, and then I received position. We fought many wars though", I said, sadly looking down at the ground. My sisters. How were they now? Who took my spot? I was now suddenly curious at how to find my dear sisters again. "Yes, I have come across Pegasi, and some have actually attacked me", I said smiling. I remembered the giant male pegasus that reared up and hurt me with his jagged hooves. "They are truly marvelous, handsome creatures, with giant wings", I said remembering their huge wingspan. "Most I have met aren't hostile, and friendly", I said. Despite my spars with some, they have all been friendly.

Then she asked me another question. I was glad she was pelting me with all these questions, because I truly didn't mind speaking with her. She was fun to hear, and I loved that she asked so many questions. The more curious, the better. "I didn't quite find what I was searching for, yet", I said smiling. I looked towards her. Maybe, she was searching for something more than just land.

occ: Sorry for not replying in so long. Play practice drained all of mah time. ^^