the Rift

[EDGE] A Fresh Start || Joining || OPEN

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The ebony black mare walked delicately through the fallen leaves. Trees cast twisted shadows across her path, and the summer sun shone its golden rays upon her back. The only sound to be heard was the steady pounding of her hooves on the dirt path. She was walking with a slight limp, but she didn't care. She knew that she was lucky to be alive. She had a silver jagged scar across her shoulder that the stallion she thought who loved her had given her, but she was trying to rid herself of those memories. She had wandered into this unknown land, and hadn't seen another horse for days. But she didn't care. She tossed her mane, and snorted her nostrils. She pranced in place. Then she broke into a steady gallop. Her strait black tail flowed behind her, and she held her elegant head high. The trees were a blur beside her as she raced through the forest. She leaped gracefully over a fallen log, but winced and she landed painfully on her wounded shoulder.She regained her balance, and sped up again, as if she were trying to rid her mind of the horrid dark memories that haunted her past. I'll have a fresh start here.

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet

Azale wasn't known for stalking the threshold, but today, something had simply called the young filly to the thick forests. Her need for exploration outweighed her troublesome quest. How dare the Moon Goddess send her on such a deadly quest? She had asked for deadly magic, yes, but it was for protection. There was a fine line between protection and death.

The ivory filly did her best to conceal her thoughts, traveling through the Threshold with her head held high and a smile dancing upon her pale lips. Azale would be kind and respectful to any horses she happened to come upon. A part of her hoped she would meet another pegasus to teach her how to fly. Oh, how Azale wanted to fly! She had twice as many wings as any other pegasi, but Azale was still the one who couldn't fly, the one who would be bound to walk the land forever.

A sudden pounding on the earth startled Azale, her alabaster head whipping around to find the source of this beating. It was the unmistakable sound of a horse's hooves against the ground. Azale moved her gait up to a steady canter. She wanted to know who was running and why there was such a need for the galloping.

There she was. A mare, black as night, galloping through the Threshold. Azale's bright orange eyes surveyed the mare, she seemed much older than her mere six months. The filly thought it idiotic to be galloping through such rough terrain, and there was simply not a need for that kind of gait. "Excuse me, miss?" Azale called to the mare, following along at a canter by her thigh. "There's really no need to traveling at such high speeds in this area, it's very dangerous," The ivory filly beamed at the dark mare, hoping she would slow her pace.
"talk talk talk"
[Image: 511c499da2515]

Unregistered
As Nyx was galloping madly through the brush, she suddenly noticed movement out of the corner of her eye. She snorted in surprise, and started to slow down. She saw that the horse was a small white pegasus filly, with two sets of wings. "Excuse me miss.?" said the young horse. Nyx stopped so fast that the dust around her hooves looked like a miniature tornado. She stood there trying to catch her breath, and saw that this young horse didn't look older than 8 months old. She was pure white, with pretty red gold markings on her legs. This young filly couldn't do any harm to her. Nonetheless, she knew she had to be polite, and she didn't know whether she would be welcome here or not. She bowed her head respectfully, and said "Hello, there miss. I am sorry to be making such a disruption on this day." She smiled warmly at the young horse, and waited for a response.

Deceased
Emily

Azale Moniet

Relief spread through Azale's body as the black mare skidded to a halt. She slowed her own pace down to a trot, then a walk, stopping in front of this ebony girl. Her smile was warm, a sign of kindness, Azale considered it to be. The filly continued to smile back, standing perfectly still where she was, the rays of the sun catching her pale coat. She glittered in the light, looking as majestic as she could ever-so-possibly be, even for a child.

"Oh, it's fine. I just didn't want you to get hurt," Azale said, speaking gently, "my name is Azale Moniet, but you can call me Azale." She didn't want to stop talking, at this point, the filly felt as if she could talk forever. Azale had so many words bundled up inside of her that she had a need to say them all, or they would disappear before she got to use them properly.

The stench that clung to this mare of darkness was one unfamiliar to Azale. She knew of all the herds, but wasn't accustomed to this smell. "What herd are you in?" Azale inquired, her orange orbs brimming with curiosity. "I'm part of the World's Edge. It's quite nice there," She finished with a flick of her short foal tail. It was frustratingly short. Azale knew it would grow to the length of her mother's in time, but that seemed like it was going to take forever.

"talk talk talk"

[ ooc: remember to keep your posts at a minimum of 250 words. here's a word counter if you're ever in doubt c: ]

Unregistered
Nyx stopped and thought about how to answer the filly's questions. What herd was she from? Well, she didn't want to tell the filly about her tragic past; she didn't think that she would be able to put it into words without breaking down. She just had to stop thinking about it. and wherever she went it was brought to her mind again. She shook her head in annoyance. And there were herds here? Nyx had never thought that anyone had lived here. It had looked so lonely when she had gotten here, and she hadn't scented of other horses. And this little filly was part of World's Edge herd? What was she doing all the way out here? Nyx wondered what other herds live here. She had been looking for home for days. She had been getting kind of lonely just wandering aimlessly through the forest. She savored the thought. Maybe she would be able to find a home here. This filly had an unfamiliar sweet scent, and was very friendly. Azale was smiling at her kindly so she decided to speak. "My name is Nyx, and I'm pretty new here. I just wandered here the other day. I come from herd very far away, but I do not live with them anymore." she looked into the filly's sweet eyes, and decided right then that she would be able to trust her. "I bet your herd is nice. What is it like there?."

OOC: Sorry for such little words in my previous posts. :( I thought that the limit was a 100 words :3

Deceased
Emily

Azale Moniet

The mare hesitated. What would that mean? Was she not apart of a herd? Was she one of the lusty pirates? She couldn't be a Basin, for this ebony girl bore no horn. The mare didn't even have wings. Azale was acutely aware of her two sets of wings; she'd be more than happy to give them to the mare. It's not like she used them anyways.

Azale's father didn't even care enough to stay with her mother. She loved Torasin and thought of him as her father, but Azale knew a filly born with four wings cannot be an offspring of two with no wings at all. It was impossible. But no; she mustn't think like that. Torasin was more than good enough for her.

Nyx. So that was the black mare's name. A very fitting name it was. "My herd is very nice, yes. It's full of equines, just like you!" Azale piped, her pale features lighting up. "There's a big forest, and then it just...ends. It's a big cliff, I believe you would say, that drops off into an endless ocean. But it's dangerous there, so my mommy doesn't let me play there," Azale continued to smile, acting charming and pretty. A pretty face always gets what it wants, right?

"If you have no herd anymore, I'm sure mine would love to welcome you," the filly stated the words firmly, as if she thought Nyx was already a part of the herd. But she knew that the black mare wasn't, not yet. She'd have to go through Mirage first.
"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
Nyx stopped and let the little filly's words sink in. There was a herd here with equines like her! This is what she had dreamed of ever since she had been abandoned. She hesitated. But she had gotten used to a life of solitude. She had been wandering alone ever since she was a foal and had witnessed the murder of her mother. Those memories haunted her mind every day. She didn't know how to be with a herd. What if she didn't act properly when she got there? What is they questioned here background, and asked where she was from? What if they doubted her because of the jagged scar across her shoulder? And this filly was sweet and nice and everything, but could she be trusted? what if this was a trap? Nyx knew that she had to stop thinking like this. This is what she had dreamed of her whole life. Her heart twisted though as she thought of the stallion who had given her this scar. She didn't want her heart to get stomped on again. Though she might meet a stallion who would love her and she could actually have a family. She could raise a foal of her own who would actually love her, and not judge her on her past; on her scar. She savored the thought. She was sick and tired of being alone. The one who other horses threw wary looks at. She knew that she had to do this.

She smiled warmly at the little filly. "It sounds really beautiful and nice there. If it's okay with you, I would love to join!."

Deceased
Emily

Azale Moniet

Why was Nyx always hesitating? Azale was curious as to how the mare had gotten her scar, and her hesitant nature suggested it was something traumatic. Of course Azale had met horses with large scars, but they boasted about their imperfections. They said it was a sign of a fighter, old and wise. But this mare was not like the protectors, oh no, she was timid.

Azale tore her eyes away from the rest of Nyx's body and stopped her bright, flaming gaze at the other mare's eyes. "Cool," She smiled back warmly, "follow me if you wish to have a home!" The filly then reared, her red-gold markings upon her legs turning the color of fire in the sunlight. She launched herself forward, trotting fiercely towards the World's Edge territory.

The filly's stride was long and flowing, her still short mane whipping around her crest. It was growing, she was growing. Azale was quickly turning into an adult, but for now, she was still just a filly. Her face was turned away from Nyx, trying to hide her true feelings. What if Mirage really didn't want her in the herd..?

[ooc: azale exits. message mirage to ask her about getting your rank changed c: ]

"talk talk talk"