the Rift

Changes [Naberius, Totem, Dakini, Lupus]

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

The Plague had dwindled in size. It was a sad fact, one that nobody wanted to admit, but they needed to realize their pitiful size in order to grow. They needed members, and after some time, those remaining had kept a keen eye out for thsoe that were worthy of joining their cause. They had to be careful with who they chose, for the last thing they needed were members that would end up betraying them, spouting information to anyone, or allowing important figures to escape like that wretched grullo, Xanthos, had done.

With his Lady's permission, Crowley had taken it upon himself to extent an invitation to their group to a select few individuals. Their names were stuck like glue in his head, for it would be oh so embarrassing to forget them when he went to call for their presence. Every single one of them, save for one, he had spoken with at least once before. The last, walking upon paws rather than hooves, he had seen several times throughout the Basin, but never had they shared words together.

Crowley had come to a stop on the more lonely side of the Basin, free of prying eyes and ears. Trailing behind him was the newly hatched Hellhound, seeming more intrigued by the mere snow on the ground than following after his caretaker. Whenever he took notice to Crowley's stopped form, for the stallion had to do it quite often, the pup would come lumbering after him with less than graceful steps. With a sigh, Crowley returned his focus to the task at hand. This was to be a quick, short meeting, meant only for those that he had been told of. He wasn't sure what he'd do if they declined his offer, but he doubted he would have to worry about that.

Drawing in a deep breath, Crowley spoke, accented voice loud and clear as he called for their presence. "Naberius, Totem, Dakini; and Lupus," he said, "Come, if you know what's good for you." At his side, little Talbot had come to a stop, letting loose a little huff before plopping down on Crowley's front left hoof, yellowed gaze looking about as others filtered closer.

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Naberius, Totem, Dakini. I pause.And Lupus. What? Come, if you know what's good for you.

For starters it was a strangers voice calling my name. How had he got my name for starters,and why was he telling me to come to him? I fact why should I come? I stand for a few seconds,wondering if I should go or not before coming to a conclusion. I would go,and find out why he was calling me and anyway,it may take my mind of Ayaka. Here we go again. My head is low as my thoughts turn back to Ayaka,again. She is just about always on my mind and only comes of it when I am actually doing something. And I suppose that is why I am heading towards to unknown speaker. That and because of general interest.

But when I see him from a distance,it rings a bell. Not only because I have seen the brindled round the land,but also Aryel have told me a little bit about him and his appearance. Living with horses of all kinds my whole life I have come to learn what kind of markings there were and this stallion was brindled;just as Aryel had described a stallion named Crowley. Brushing past a tree that is slightly astray from some of the others so that I come to face the brindled stallion. Paw prints lay in light frost behind me,any who had come that way would clearly see them for they were quiet different from the hoofs of a Unicorn,cloven or not.

"Crowley is it? Yes,your dead friend Aryel has been telling me about how ugly looking you are. Of course though,I don't believe you could get any worse looking then her." She had told me to tell him what she thought,right? And so I had. I pause,my black eyes traveling over the stallion. Two horns almost spiral outwards of his forehead and yellow eyes pierce the land. His large body is packed with muscle,showing his breeding. My ears are pricked as I take a few trotting steps over to him. He was clearly from the Basin so I had no reason to fear him though my voice turns more serious. "Why did you call me here?"

It is now I notice a little ball of something by the hoof of the stallion. My ears twist slightly as I notice golden orbs in the rabble of fur. Curiosity has now fully taken over me as I spot two horns sprouting from the creature head,each horn with sharp points flicking out the top before bending forward. It was some sort of wolf-dog creature,young obviously. Now,I knew roughly what it was,it was not of as much interest as it had been before and I look back up to Crowley,waiting for my question to be answered by him.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
[Posting with Dingo’s permission.]

Barbarous, savage, contorted bedlam in the siege and sea of terror and plight, drove archaic, malicious footfalls across the earth, watched it dim, die, wither, shrink and shirk its grandeur, returned to the onslaught of entropy that christened their existence. Rhythms of catacombs and tombs, a walk that incensed graves, that sculpted headstones, that denounced and reviled in the sinister swing of vile, monstrous bliss. His decomposing heart, with its blackened, scarred existence, beat an unholy crescendo; stitched seams of sin singing its wicked, derisive hymns, the distant, nonchalant, nefarious splendor of darkening hours. He was cruelty, villainy and atrocity in the slinking, slithering condemnation of life, peril immersed in strife, the arrow, the spear, the rapier dipped in venom; aimed to arm his subordinates with the same artifices, the same weapons, the same vicious, puncturing, piercing ardor. Tracing the seditious shadows, lingering in the brutal shades, damning divinities and dooming dreams, he fiendishly calculated another calamity, another fall, another ruin and devastation to wreck the helpless world, but they needed more, much more, to force the lands to rot, to coerce laws to fragment, to distort and demolish reality, to twist the kingdom into fallen shambles and shackles. To ravage the holy, to sacrifice the reverent, to annihilate and obliterate the chords of beneficence and serenity, their creed had to be reestablished time and time again, ghosts and wraiths spirited back into their hold, their fist, their glory of horror and animosity. From hostility brewed callous contempt, from loathing spurned wretched, predacious opulence, from abhorrence grew the immoral, iniquitous decadence of a pride, an arrogance, unsullied and eager to devour kingdoms left to mercy and clemency. The sinuous croon of war drums, the hum of odious, despicable creatures, the roar, the clamor of their choking, strangling, suffocating embrace, was enough to render him enticed, transfixed, ready to assist in building numbers, ranks, and odious heathens.

The voice did not call his name, but a score, collection, of others unknown and foreign to him. Were these to be the new beings gathered and assembled, established in the might and throng of malice and menace, rancor and enmity? Would they be willing to watch the world burn beneath their daggers, settle, sink, their hot knives into raptorial prowess, crawl into pernicious pursuits and poison the earth with their malignant intentions? Would they feed on friction, consume the weak, bludgeon, brutalize the despised, cross surreptitious chambers, and scour the walls with infidel, pariah plans? Who was ravenous, who was voracious, who was insatiable, and who was comforted by siege and triumph, by guile and guillotines, ripping into the core of tranquility and virtue? Deimos, General of dark, twisted creatures, drove his nonchalant, impassive stare into the rigorous lay of the lands, gazed upon promise and audacity, pondered which would rise and which would fall; an intimidating fortress and force to judge and execute. He acknowledged one of his own past recruits, Crowley, with a swift nod, and subsequently glared upon the rest, inquisition rendered, molded and formed, for persecution was made of many faces.

Naberius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Long robust limbs carried Abe’s twice hued frame around the border of the Basin for what felt like the millionth time that day. Naberius had been trying to figure out something to make himself seem more advantageous to the herd but dejectedly he hadn’t been given much to work with. Abe had visited the Threshold a few times recently but hadn’t found any appealing unicorns to recruit, he had helped harass a young Pegasus which bored him quickly, and he had attended the herd meeting which held no real interest for him. He was running out of ideas and patience, quickly. Helovia was revealing itself to be nothing but a pacifistic province which was becoming rather infuriating for the war veteran who was far from ready to retire his blood thirsty ways. Naberius exhaled rather loudly as he slowed his pace and let his cold auburn orbs peruse the expanse of his home. It was a strange feeling for him to reside somewhere and not hold any power in the domain’s governing, a feeling Abe wasn’t fond of in the least.

Suddenly there came a voice, loud and clear, and Naberius recognized it as one of the accented brutes he had met in the cave imprisoning the battered Pegasus filly. Stopping dead in his tracks to listen he heard him call "Naberius, Totem, Dakini; and Lupus. Come, if you know what's good for you. and Abe instantly didn’t like the bastard’s tone. However curiosity got the better of him and grunting he headed in the direction of the summons. Who were these other three that were beckoned as well? The only two individuals he knew the names of were Psyche and Faelene so Abe supposed he could have met the others in passing but never in the formal, name exchanging, sense. Hell he didn’t even know the dubbing of the behemoth that was hailing him. Though by the accent he assumed it was something pretentious like Reginald or Bartholomew. Ickle wittle Bartyyes that had to be it.

As Naberius approached he observed that he was not the first to arrive and standing before the brindled chap was a mass of ivory fur, obviously not of the equine species, and a drab looking stallion who seemed as if he were about to produce emotion filled poetry to slit your wrists to. Abe sauntered up to the group and made eye contact with each individual, having to look down to do so with the wolf, before settling upon the instigator of this unique gathering.

“You know I thought with such a snazzy accent you might have come from somewhere that taught you manners. No need for the demanding tone, a simple please will do.”

Abe’s voice was filled with jest as he grinned at the rather agitated looking demon. Everyone was always so serious around here, aside from himself and Psyche he hadn’t heard another being laugh since his arrival. It was becoming a total buzz kill.

“Well you got me here gentlemen, what is it that you need from silly ole me?”

Secretly Naberius was hoping they had some kind of job for him to do. He was growing weary of patrolling the grounds where once again he would stumble upon the same shit day in and day out. He had half a mind to look for residence elsewhere if it wasn’t for his desire to bed the Queen. Sometimes that little head can get us into so much trouble.

{ ooc: sorry its slightly recycled, I just wanted to get something up for ya guys }

image credits

Almost immediately there was the sound of footfalls behind him, but not a word was spoken to accompany them, to let him know just who it was. A slight turn to his neck and Crowley's eyes looked upon the form of the General, silent as ever, but giving him a nod. The brindle returned one of his own but said nothing, instead turning his focus back to the area before him, waiting for those he'd called to show their faces.

The first to come was undoubtedly Lupus, whom he recalled seeing at the meeting as well as periodically strolling through their mountainous home. When the canine brought mention to Aryel, the lovely Pegasus he'd come to despise more than most, dark ears flickered back for but a moment. "I would watch your choice of words, wolf," he warned, even if what he'd said had come from Aryel's mouth, "But, I must agree with you on that last part."

Before he knew it, another had shown up, the painted boy with the curved horn, whom he remembered quite well from their encounter in the cave with his dear prisoner. Crowley was unsure how he felt towards Naberius, although his words did not please him, he said nothing in retort for once, simply wishing to get this all over with.

"You have all been selected to join a choice group, here within the Basin," he began, golden eyes sweeping over those assembled to gauge their reactions, "Put simply, we are unicorn supremacists; we hold our own ranking system, have our own values and goals, if you will. Should you choose to join, I will be happy to fill you in on anything you might want to know." Now, his gaze settled upon Lupus, regarding him with uncertainty. He had no doubt that the furball would do well within their organization, but how would the others view him? After all, he was no unicorn, walking upon paws rather than hooves. Still, he would not deny him the offer. "Lupus," he spoke up, "You are welcome as well, of course, but you will be considered more of an ally of sorts. I do hope you understand."

Again, his gaze swept across the faces of those gathered, waiting for them to state their questions, their acceptance, or their disapproval. There was a reason he had kept the name of his family quiet, for he would not speak of it until they had spoken their commitment. At his feet, Talbot looked on at the group, giving a little huff as if to prove his growing boredom in sitting.

[ooc - Shoikan, if you are able to reply, you may have Totem have been here from the start. ^^)

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

I nod slightly at the black stallion behind Crowley. I have seen him round the Basin and seemed to have a high ranking but yet the stallion is silent. Flickering ears draw my attention away from the dark stallion though. I would watch your choice of words, wolf. One side of my jaw turns up in a small,sly grin. But, I must agree with you on that last part. I laugh slightly. "Who wouldn't?"

The nest to arrive is a paint stallion with a curved horn. You know I thought with such a snazzy accent you might have come from somewhere that taught you manners. No need for the demanding tone, a simple please will do. I look at the paint,dark orbs washing over him and I already know I do not like the Unicorn. Well you got me here gentlemen, what is it that you need from silly ole me? He seemed to be acting innocent, annoyingly innocent and if I was Crowley I would have him put straight,by words or pain,I didn't care.

I return my eyes back to rest on Crowley. You have all been selected to join a choice group, here within the Basin. Well,for starts I didn't know there was one. Put simply, we are unicorn supremacists; we hold our own ranking system, have our own values and goals, if you will. Should you choose to join, I will be happy to fill you in on anything you might want to know. Well for starts,I wasn't actually a Unicorn so I didn't see how this concerned me and I begin to wonder if this was just a waste of time but I am soon told my purpose in all this. Lupus,You are welcome as well, of course, but you will be considered more of an ally of sorts. I do hope you understand. I nod my snowy head slightly,I was rather interested in all this I must say,but I wasn't prepared to agree to it until I knew more.

"And how would this benefit me?"

"blah blah blah."

[Sorry terrible post o.o]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
THE PLAGUE
Deimos
The General was used to secrets. They were cloaked and mantled into his pelt, sown into his veins, driven, scarred and scalded across his predacious bones, until his silent mouth had become a tomb of surreptitious, furtive desires. With his piercing, hushed grandeur, the world knew naught of his schemes, his demands, his yearnings or toilings, and with his puncturing, lacerating convictions, the world knew naught of their creed, their indulgences, their fascinating inclinations and impulses. In order to share in the covert scene, those gathered had to prove their ability to hold these specious certitudes precious, tight and taut against the boughs of their inner workings, to never bellow or unearth their regard, to die with the confidential tidings ensnared around their tongues. As he stared upon the two now sheltered in the whims of Crowley’s persuasions, he pondered over their fortitude, their might, and their abilities. Would the painted one, with his seemingly inane communications, be capable of wielding pertinent information, hollowing it into his soul like a hallowed grave, eager to toss his sword into the chest of an enemy? Was he made of assurances, or of more flighty inclinations, tossed into storms until he could bear no more? Would the wolf, with his indifferent species, be proficient at what they wished to do? What would he revel, revere, condemn within the hold of bloodshed and loathing? Did he despise other creatures, like they did, or was he one to follow the crowd, until the earth became too murky, too muddled, and he escaped within the valley of decay? The monster had his suspicions, his derisions, his calculating moments within the brewing, muted haze, but said nothing over the tenuous olive branches. Recruitment was not something he was truly suitable for, he would leave Crowley to complete the actions, but the wolf spoke, and it embarked some fuel, some fire, to sharpen his tongue against the midnight oils. Did the beast wish for a prize, a token, some greater power? Would he have to be bribed in order to join (and did they want a creature of such ploys and wiles, that would only feed until their hands were empty, not loyal, not trustworthy, but a snake draped in fur)? His voice grated along the surface of the tundra towards the carnivore, harsh, unheard for days, and his body remained still, the prominent, deadly, intimidating statue. “Depends on your motivations.”

GENERAL
Image Credit

Naberius Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Abe listened carefully to the brute’s words, analyzing every bit of what he was saying. Naberius could be quite to joker on most days, hardly taking much in life seriously, but he did have his moments when his mature side came out. Now, as he was informed of the racist group that resided within the Basin he gave his full attention to the speaker. No jests were made for the time being. Naberius couldn’t say he was surprised by the information in the least. One would have to be an utter moron not to observe the fact that the only species that roamed this winter kissed citadel was unicorns. It was possible that this fact was only mere coincidence but Naberius never believed that, and now he knew why. Racism was something Naberius had never entirely taken part in and to be honest he didn’t know how he felt about the mindset. Though he often times witnessed the difference in culture between the three types, and admittedly he had sometimes looked down upon the others, he would never consider himself to be prejudice based on breed.

Naberius was about to tell the behemoth to take his discrimination and shove it until a thought crossed his mind. Psyche was undoubtedly an accomplice in this group. Snorting Abe kept his features relaxed and pensive in appearance, not revealing the mess of contemplations that were floating in his handsome crania. Naberius would not get anywhere in this herd unless he associated with them, he was almost certain. Looking over at the blue hued demon when he spoke Abe’s audits twitched and swiveled slightly before perking back in the direction of Crowley and soon his chasms fell upon him again as well. Naberius would consent to join them, for now. Though his future with them he didn’t see extending very long, yet they need not know that

“You’ve intrigued me good sir, I’m in. Now do tell me more

His smile was inconspicuous, his manner was ordinary, and no one would suspect Abe was fraudulent. Naberius would play their game, now he just needed to know the rules.

image credits

Totem Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Totem
Time waits for no one, so do you wanna waste some time?

It is the pup who hears the summons, pointed ears catching an unfamiliar voice uttering the combination of sounds that symbolizes his bonded. It is only part of the stallion, leaving out scent, sound, and sight, but it is enough. Laise turns to the pale maned male and yaps sharply to get his attention(so easy to gain, but hard to keep, he has learned), before racing off to find the origin of the call. He doesn't need to look back to know that Totem follows, able to hear the slight groan emitted by the buck as he rises, then the crisp crunch of hooves breaking the crust of snow that always covers the ground here.

Scents hit him first, the odor of unicorn almost drowning the pup, filling the air until he cannot decipher anything else. Voices also filter in, cacophonous, and Laise simply stops, whining and turning to his bonded for comfort. None comes, simply a cold emptyness as the stallion strides past, flaming eyes focused on the gathered shapes ahead, leaving the pup behind without hesitation. Whimpers escape his throat as he chases after Totem, the thought of being abandoned driving him to keep close to the stag, no matter how terrified he may be of the other unicorns.

Yet, the black-shouldered stallion is not completely cruel, for a quick sense of approval is sent through their mental link once they stand among the strangers, soothing the hound enough that he sits by his companion's hooves, looking around with a combination of curiosity and trepidation. They all tower over him, a black monster who keeps slightly back, a painted creature that he immediately dislikes(or perhaps that is Totem's reaction. Sometimes he can't tell.), a brindle with massive curling horns(and a pup at his side!), and the white beast who is almost a hound, but not. This one intrigues Laise, as does the other whelp, for he has never seen another canine before, and his previous fear is replaced by the need to investigate. But Totem wishes him to be still and silent, and the oddly colored stag is speaking, filling the air with information that the pup does not understand, but senses that his bonded does, and is interested in.

Soon, others are joining in, a myriad of tones that do nothing except confuse and overwhelm until he is forced to huddle against a dark leg, the contact with his bonded offering the illusion of safety. Then, words are sliding from the stag, wrapping the whelp in comfort despite not being directed to him, but to the duel-horned. "Thar's got my interest."

(OOC: Going with Dingo's suggestion of Totem having been there, so things don't have to be explained again.)

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Late entrance, with Dingo's permission. <3

A call, not aimed at him, rang out through the Basin. Mauja lifted his head from the patch of dusted grass he'd been browsing, and frowned, peering into the distance while his ears flickered. Nothing more came, just the summons, and he ran the names through his mind: Naberius, Totem, Dakini, Lupus. He didn't know any of them, nor the one who had called out, but if it was some secret boy's club, surely they'd not be bellowing for everyone (that was a lie; he just happened to be in the secluded corner of the valley where the source was) to hear? For a moment, the alabaster stallion considered resuming his meal, and pretending he'd never heard the call, but he couldn't do that any more than he could fly. Curiosity was one of his strongest drives, the force which propelled him through fear and into, sometimes foolhardy, courage. It was the question of what tomorrow would bring that saw him through despair, and the deep, unquenchable thirst for knowledge which drew him out of his lair, time and again, to mingle, ask questions, peruse the Threshold and poke his nose where it wasn't invited. As a King, it had been his right, his duty even, to investigate; what he was now, he didn't really know. To some, he was still King — to others, a stranger. What his rank was mattered not, for it was in the opinion of others he found his true status.

Flicking his tail, Mauja let his frosted hooves skim the snow-powdered ground, pinpointing the source as best as he could from memory. Irma was off hunting somewhere, not being particularly interested in what was going on, but kindly pointed out to him that if he wanted to reach the striped stallion, he'd better take the left-hand path and not the right, which would just land him where didn't mean to go. Giving her a thanks, met only with amusement, he took the left fork of the beaten patrol route, and ambled along. He'd been further away than the others, at least he guessed so, because he could smell them now. All strangers, except one, who hadn't been called. Irma crossed once overhead, giving him a flash of the gathered ones: the striped one, whom his memory recalled as Crowley from the meeting, a tall, painted stallion, the white wolf, and a brown male with a splotch of black on his shoulder. And, not to forget, his — err, friend? — Deimos, the tip of his long horn blue and deadly. He stood in his usual stiff manner, and though Mauja grinned, Irma haughtily told him that Deimos smelled of death and was best avoided. Quite sure that the General would agree, he told Irma that if Deimos ever, knowingly, attacked her, he'd beat him to a pulp.

Or try, at least.

What they'd been saying before he turned up he didn't know, and Irma had disappeared to hunt lemmings on the mountain slopes again. Flicking his tail as he approached, he knew that Deimos was the only one who really knew who he was, this wraith come to walk again, and with an easy sort of grace he glided up behind the General. He knew not to try and touch him, to trail a muzzle along his hip or shoulder as he would with the others he wished to acknowledge, for Deimos had the uncanny habit of giving his soul a sharp, lethal nip each time he did. Part of his affectionate stubborn nature wanted to keep doing it until Deimos gave in, but the risk of seriously offending the stallion — or getting himself killed — held him back. Instead, he just drifted in beside him, close enough to feel the steady drain of energy, but not near enough to be very affected by it. Giving Deimos a small grin and a nod, hoping he wouldn't extend his deathaura just to gain a few more inches of space, he then surveyed the rest of the group, dipping his briefly to them all and withholding judgment. What they'd been up to he didn't know, but if Deimos was involved, it was probably alright (and as far as Mauja could tell, he wasn't trying to kill anyone (yet)).

Alesana - A Lunatic's Lament
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

In the period of silence after he had spoken, Crowley dragged his gaze acros the faces which stood before him. The pale lupine had nodded, signifying his interest. The painted stag, on the other hand, kept a neutral face, before offering a smile. The third of their group, a black shouldered brute with a tawny pup at his side, also voiced his own interest.

Crowley was pleased that each seemed to agree to his proposition, although the questions they were beginning to ask, were down right bland. There was more to the Plague than he could ever explain in words, and should any of them suddenly choose to decline, he didn't want to risk them slipping away and leaking the information upon the ears of an enemy. This was a delicate situation in his eyes, and he could only hope that the three standing before him were proper candidates for their group.

Dousing the flame of annoyance that had threatened to stir inside him, Crowley took a deep breath and cast a quick glance to the General, before deriving his attention back to the rest, primarily upon Lupus as he spoke. He had grown quite the liking to the wolf and sincerely hoped that he would join them, even if he was not a unicorn. "The General is right; everyone within the group has their own reasonings behind joining. For you, Lupus, I must suspect it being free meals. Perhaps you could be a spy or a warrior." A vulpine grin tugged at his lips, but it slowly faded as he turned his attention back on the other two.

The piebald was particularly annoying; did he want him to tell him he was pretty? Resisting the urge to say something similar, he instead gave Naberius and Totem a thoughtful look, before he went on. "Naberius, you remember that decrepit Pegasus from not so long ago, hmm?" He paused a moment, as if allowing the paint a moment to think of the incident, before moving on. "If I recall, you were more than ready to put her in her place. Perhaps you could be our Tormentor." The Weaver wasn't sure if that would be enough to satisfy the painted warrior, but if not, then Crowley was prepared to provide more.

Now, his golden gaze came to rest on the silver bay. He'd shown great restraint against the antagonizing banter of Naberius, and although Crowley hadn't accepted at the time, he'd brought up a good point in regards to his prisoner. Instead of killing her and leaving her body in a bloody heap, why not make her useful? When it came to a rank for the bay, however, none seemed to scream 'Totem' for him. He'd only encountered him once, and wasn't entirely sure of his personality. "Totem," he began at last, "You seem a level headed brute, at least from what I've seen; perhaps you could become a spy?"

Crowley had explained to each of them what their proper place might be within the group, but he had yet to explain just why they should be interested. For Lupus, it might be different, but for the other two... "If you are truly suited for this group, then you will not argue our goal. Our purpose is to cleanse the world of the more abhorrent equine races. As I explained previously, we are unicorn supremacists."

I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith