the Rift

I see you {Midas} (Friendly spar)

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
My muscles tensed as I started walking up the rocky mountain. It was going to be a challenge, but I was willing to climb, just to see how magnificent everything would look below me. No arrogance intended, only for the pure joy of seeing the world from heights. I wished I had wings, so that I could open them and simply fly up to these mountain tops. Or simply to fly any time and any place at all. My blue orbs scanned the mountain, as I avoided a few loose rocks. I slightly stumbled, but I felt unstoppable as I continued my journey upward. I reared back and lunged forward each time, putting in force to each stride. Fog encircled me, making it hard for me to tell what was happening elsewhere, but I didn't care. My floppy mane fell upon my eyes, and I gave a swift head shake to ward the bangs off. At last, emerging from the fog, I arrived the top of the mountain after grueling climbing. I smiled, for I felt as if I was the king in the world. It was so scenic up here, with the endless looking fields stretching out on both sides of the mountain, with no visible end. It was green, and luscious, for now my mouth was watering with the urge to eat.

I perked my ears up, and just stood up there admiring the beautiful scene before me. A gentle wind blew past caressing me, and slightly chilling me. I felt so joyous, and happy, I reared up and let out a loud neigh. Let the world know I was here. I finally mustered up the will to go back down the mountain and onto the green field. After painstakingly slipping twice, I made it back down faster than coming up, and as soon as my hooves touched grass, I took off. Letting stamina take over me, I gaily bounded through the meadow,leaving the eerie fog, and the beautiful mountain behind me.the grass softened each blow as I galloped. I finally stopped and took a rest by eating blades of grass. After regeneration, I felt the sudden urge to fight. Maybe a practice spar, but my skills were in need of practice. I reared up on my hind legs, throwing up my head and letting out a challenging, but friendly whinny. I wanted to see who I could go up against. My hooves hit the ground again, but now I was alert to hear if a newcomer came. My ears were perked up and I was scanning the area. I stood tensely awaiting.

Summary: Arrane is just arriving, exploring a bit, and lets out a challenging whinny. Midas gets first attack and closing defense.

Attack: 0/3
Defense: 0/1

Occ: sorry for the crappy name. C:
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Meditation and prayer for long lengths of time more often than not caused the speaker to become drowsy. But the sleep issued from tirelessly meditating wasn’t the normal slumber that happened during the evening hours of night. It was much lighter, untainted by dreams and blessed by heaven. Sleep that was content in giving tired hearts the rest they deserved.

How could I simply not adore this place? There was a bright afternoon sky to play in, and the rays from a hot summer sun are surprisingly warm and inviting. Up here, among the clouds and the gathering mist I could truly feel alone with my thoughts, and temperature here was a relief compared to the blistering heat of the desert. I had come to realize that this mountain was my favorite place for worship or just getting away from the hustle of everyday life. My eyes had just started to close also, heart slow and steady; breathe lolling into a pattern of sleep.

When suddenly a bellow, loud and curiously demanding echoed through the valley. Its tones ignited attention and shattered peace. Coal ears had already slapped skull long before my head had the chance to flick round and see who had so proudly destroyed my chances at a nap. Barely visible because of the distance and lingering fog, a pale figure appeared to be standing in the open field. Waiting for an answer. My feelings slowly went from a scowl of annoyance to one of consideration, touching upon the desire to test this other warrior who so boasted a fight right here and now.

It has been many days since my last spar, and training was always beneficial in the long run. Besides, what did I have to lose? Plus, as an added bonus it would provide a little entertainment for us both; a thought that made my heart sing with delight. Raising muzzle to the sky, my own trumpeting call erupts from chest and bursts past my throat to answer his challenge. I started toward him, with sluggish steps that soon grew brisk with each moment as the drowsy wore off and distance between us closed. My body had been dwelling in the pits of grief not too long ago, but I had recently found new life and instead of letting shoulders, breast, and quarters hang; I carried them with respectful showing.

When we stood comfortably apart face to face, about 20 feet or so, I stopped altogether. A humorous smile tugged my lips apart, and white plumage flicked my hindquarters out of excitement. Being a very traditional sort of fellow I dipped my head and gave a simple greeting coupled with a question that wouldn’t require verbal answer, “Good afternoon friend…..shall we get right to it then?” I take a moment to take all that he is in, the delicate curve of leg and frame. Head seemed far too breakable to uptop the body of a horse, his height lightly measured over me. As usual.

Maybe it was the excitement, or perhaps it was eagerness to get off haunches and do something productive. Either way. I didn’t wait for his answer, instead my wings unfurled as fast as they might and thrust down to ignite body toward heaven. A rushing thrill instantly fills me to the brim, nothing gives more enjoyment than having your soul caressed by naked air. Totally dependent upon your own strength and maneuverability; Kri had only recently opened my eyes to the joys of aerial combat, and I was loving every second of it. The breeze flicked my hair with gentle tease, lifting it up until it fell across my neck in a wild mess. Humorous beam widened and turned very nearly smug.

How do you like them apples?

Brows narrow with calculating judgment, and a plan gives shape. Feeling rather confident in my abilities to be a worthy opponent my neck and both forelimbs extend toward the Arabian. Feathers thrust for a head-on/fly over attack. My teeth open and head twists down in passing to make attempt at grazing anything ahead of his hindquarters, to feel my teeth scrap over his poll or crest would be wonderful, or maybe I could just yank out some of that white mane and enrage him further. Wings pump strongly all through this attack to add speed that would only be aided by a slightly smaller frame.

Along with my teeth, the rest of my plan is to hopefully deal damage along his spine or rear with my passing daggers. Flailing as if I’m cantering across heaven itself to meet him, wings remain bent and ready to change course should he move left or right, but my speed wouldn’t allow for drastic adjustment.

Summary: Flies up then starts to fly over with teeth bared for a passing attack, and hooves failing to hit his spine or rear.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
I finally heard a reply in the distance, and my blood started racing. I was so excited I could barely contain it. I wanted to fight, and not for blood lust, but to increase in my skills and do it for the pure joy and rush. I then saw a coal black figure, with white wings, and white stockings nimbly start trotting up to me. I was pulsing with excitement. Now would be the time to test out my skills. Even if I did lose, it wouldn't be such a loss for me, for I want to learn from other horses here. He seemed to be the respectful type, and I respectfully bowed my head slightly towards him giving him a warm like smile. The lad stopped somewhat in front of me, curling his lips into a smile. Before I could reply to what he told me, the stallion opened up his wings, and charged towards me. I waited for him, and my kind self dissolved into a stoic warrior.

As he charged towards me, he opened up his wide white wings, and lifted up over me. I felt his teeth graze the skin of my nape, and anger swelled up in me. I remained focused though, not letting rage take the better of me. He seemed to be a worthy opponent, so I would have to match him with strategy instead of raw power. I felt his hooves scrape across my spine, and I felt familiar, sharp pain. I hoped that his hooves didn't take away some blood from me. As I felt him passing above me, I decided to buck my hind legs up to his unprotected under belly. I slightly bent down, rising my hind legs up, hoping to cause some sort of injury. I didn't know if I hit him or not, but my legs came crashing back down. I then turned around to face my opponent. My face seemed to be humorous, while my eyes were intense and ready to fight.

Attack: 1/3
Defense: 0/1

Summary:

As Midas passes above him, his teeth graze his neck, enraging him slightly. Midas also cuts him with his hooves, but Arrane attempts to kick his unprotected underbelly as he passes above him. Arrane quickly puts his legs back down, and turns to face his opponent.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Much to my surprise, I didn’t pass over unscathed. My face contorts into a knowing grimace at how I had underestimated him, shame on me. We shared a half victory, partly because he wasn’t the only one that felt the burn of someone else’s touch. The bitter taste and full force of his foreign musk is starting to sink into my taste buds. I spit, and slap tongue across teeth to be rid of his hair. While also finding out that many slivers will stubbornly remain.

Somewhere amidst flying past his quarters my hooves had collided with flesh, but the joy of landing a blow was tempered by the shock of pain I now felt along my hip. A pair of white hindquarters had found the side most portion of my right thigh left vulnerable, a mistake wasn’t planning on making a second time. As lady luck would have it, his buck narrowly missed my rear hocks because I passed over rather quickly. There was much to be thankful for though…like the fact that his kick had felt blunter rather than sharp. Still, I can’t help but wince a little from the ache one got when struck by a couple hundred pounds of force.

Admiration for this spar grew immensely, I was impressed that he could land a blow with such quick reflex---perhaps this wasn’t going to be as easy as I first thought. He apparently had a mindset worthy of my efforts, and didn’t try to dance around like a buffoon or charge out in blind rage when pushed. This one had a brain. I spun agility as one my size might while midair, forming another plan. As my body rises high, the wind pushed from my wings cause the grass to sway gently below and a bright sun casts a darkened shadow of a proud sky child.

My breathing comes with effort, deeper inhales and controlled exhales. Being close to heaven had its advantages. Unfortunately, thinner air quality wasn’t one them. Gathering myself again when finally turned to face the beaming equine, I lung though the sky desiring nothing more than to wipe that light hearted look from his face. My charge is what some would call a “mock attempt”. Diving for him until our distance very nearly closes, I pull up and land with a heavy ‘thud’ only feet away and with seconds to spare. Little time is left for balance and pulling wings together, but I throw everything that I have into my bunching hindquarters to gain stability.

Using momentum I take aim to ram into his left shoulder. Hopefully I would throw enough of my weight into either his chest or shoulder that his stance to break; perhaps even throw his balance off enough to land a biting attack. Head untucks itself and brings muzzle round to attempt at nipping the left side of his longer neck. Instantly I think about how my teeth would feel with more of that lovely tasting fur caught between. A sarcastic laugh erupted in the backdrop of my brain.

Summary: Flies up, and charges for Arrane again. This time Midas fakes a fly over and lands right ahead of him instead. Attempting to thrust into Arrane and throw him offbalance, also trying to bite at his neck.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Default win to Midas.