the Rift

Possible Potential [CLOSED, FINISHED]

Snowblind Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Of all the colors that you've shined,
this is surely not your best

The sun peaked over the near mountain tops, littering the earth with small specks of light. A lanky gray mare stood beneath a tall white barked tree, blinking incoherently at the rising globe. Long, narrow clouds danced elegantly across the softly blue shaded sky. The mare batted her large brown eyes, her ears rotating with each sound of critters rising from their sleep. A low, bored snort rolled out of her flared nostrils and she shook the sleepiness out of her body, flicking her long stringy mane until it rested back into its comfortable position. There was nothing stunningly beautiful about her and she knew it. Her mane and tail were not long, luscious and voluminous. Her coat did not glint in the sun. Her eyes did not sparkle at the sight of company. She was rather dull. Easily, she began searching the forest as she had the night before. How she had gotten here? Wandering, as she always has. Being alone did not faze nor bother the young mare. Instead, she soaked in the thought of being strong enough to survive on her own. Of course, the thought of acceptance was longed for, but if she was not accepted, she wouldn't fret too terribly. Instantly bored of the vast collection of trees, she lowered her head somberly to the green grass, nibbling at the soft blades. Clusters of thoughts crashed her brain instantaneously: was there even another horse around here?, what kind of predators might there be?, would any one even notice her? Her tail flicked in annoyance with herself. Slowly, she lifted her head back up into the air, drawing in a deep breath and letting it back out in a quiet huff.

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The mahogany bay stretched out her long legs into the threshold once more. She had recently came from this place, and was a new member of the group called "The Pirates". Cosette had already grown a liking to her only friend here in Helovia so far, Corsair. She had only met the male twice, but he was a kind, gentle, and kindred spirit. Co had grown up to a pirate mother, so the pirates life was just about all that she had known, for not having a father, her views were highly altered. Being a pirate seemed like the way to go.

She did not like the trees very much. She missed the water where she could soak her limbs. The ocean was a great comfort to the mare. If she could sprout a tail and swim to the bottom , she probably would if the change ever did come to arise. The sun was at its peak, the air at its hottest point. The balcony of trees above sheltered most of the heat from landing on the dark body. Her white chocolate and brown fudge mane whipped swiftly in the air as her pace quickened. She wanted to make her new family proud by doing what they needed most right now, recruiting.

The trees grew denser and closer together, the slightly large mare weaving gracefully in between them. She came to a small clearing, spotting a mare straight ahead. The mare was grey and simple. A normal type of beauty, quite opposite of the oddly marked coat of this mare. She grew closer to the snowy mare. Her tail lifted high, the medallion beating against her neck. She opened her mouth before reaching the out female in order to not frighted the newcomer

Ahoy thar! Care if I join ye? she spoke in her thick french accent, of course with her pirate speak as well, a strange combination.

Unregistered

While munching on the most luscious patches of grass, her mind began to wander once more. She remembered tales of "horned" and "winged" horses from when she was a foal, but was it true? The oldest stallion that stammered along with the herd always babbled about his mate being a gorgeous "pegasus," as she remembered his description. I'm sure. her mind responded to the memory. As soon as the picture of a beautifully winged mare shot through her mind, the soft clack of hooves neared her. Without interest, Snowblind kept her head low, lipping and picking out the longest blades.
"Ahoy thar! Care if I join ye?"
Her voice, what was that? Snowblind lifted her head and rotated her ears directly forward.
"Uhm,"
she began in a confused tone. As soon as her bland brown eyes landed on the elegant mare, not only was the amazing jewel one of the first things to catch her eye, but the dazling horn that emerged from her forehead. The mare she made eye contact with was very tall, and strange looking at first. Her markings, so strange compared to anything she had seen. The fact that she was looking at a real unicorn nearly made her heart stop. Without thinking, the words slipped:
"What are you?"
The words stung as soon as they were presented. She took a cautious step forward, stretching her neck out to get a closer look, as if the glorious mare in front of her were fake.
"I've never seen a..."
she paused, breathing out the last word with a draw
"unicorn."

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

A scarred buckskin hide slipped from one shadow to the next, weaving its way around the densely grown trees. It seemed that the stallion had spent many days in this very forest: his first day in these lands;recruiting members for the Empire; discussing plans of rebellion with Catillatio. It was almost as if he couldn't get enough of the scent of sharp-smelling pines, or the sight of the tall ashen birches.

In all honesty, Ricochet couldn't care less about the flora and fauna surrounding him. Grass was his fuel, the trees were his shelter, and the bushes only alerted others to his presence. Much like they were doing right now, with Guns running straight through a gathering of them.

"Guns, you useless piece of sh-" The annoyed quarter horse was cut off at the sight of two mares standing underneath a tall birch, a petite grey mare and an elegant, oddly-striped beauty. Ricochet felt a coy smile spread across his lips as he drew closer to the pair of vixen. When it came to convincing horses to join his equine-supremacy group, it was mares that he had the most influence on.

"Hello, ladies. What brings you to this neck of the woods?" The stallion's smooth as butter voice casually engaged the trio into conversation as he side stepped closer to the shorter equine. Teal orbs swept over her lithe build, trying to pick out some quality traits in her that he would want to pass on to his kin. The buckskin was looking for the perfect mare to meet his needs; strong-willed, intelligent, and powerful -- with a hint of a lust for blood. With just a quick glance at the porcelain mare, he knew that she would not rule alongside him as his Empire took over the other herds.

Swinging his head over to the other mare, Ricochet stopped half-way through the motion as his instincts kicked in. His coal-dusted ears pinned themselves to his cranium at the sight of the grotesquely curled horn resting upon the fae's brow. How could he have mistaken her to be a creature of his own species? Was the massive protrusion on her face not enough for him to tell the difference anymore?

Bile rose up in the stallion's throat at the thought of praising this mare for her unique markings, which had caught his eye when he was first approaching the two ladies. He had been enthralled to meet such fine specimens of the female gender -- especially after being without company for almost two seasons -- but now that he knew a unicorn was in his midst he was disgusted.

Trying not to let his hatred seep through his artfully crafted outer-shell, Ricochet tilted his ears forward and relaxed his jaw, trying to appear calm and inviting. He had lived with freaks such as the bay mare before and had been able to stay indifferent then, so why was it so hard now? The quarter horse blamed it on his initial judgement of the two vixen -- he had just assumed that they were both equines, it must have been the way the striped one held her head -- and immediately attempted to shove the racist thoughts away. He had been thinking of a large number of things while he had been nursing his wounds back to health, many of them just strands of thoughts and ideas to be more... subtle in his visions of a new, cleansed future. At least until he had gathered himself a large enough army, anyway.

Besides, maybe he could make a few allies that could be double-crossed later?

"My name is Ricochet, and who might you two faes be?"
"BLAM BLAM"

R I C O C H E T
I only want you to see | My favorite part of me
And not my ugly side, not my ugly side

Unregistered

The striking bay watched as the new mare contemplated and wondered as she looked at her. She grew closer, so close she was almost touching the darker mare. She looked at Cosette's horn, the thing she despised most about herself, her only resemblance to her father. She hated the damned thing that protruded from her face. It was a flaw in her eyes. Like a type of growth, that never went away. A burden, or even a scar. She wished it away. She wished to be normal. She wished to be like her mother.

The smaller mare spoke in astonishment. "What are you?" she asked. Cosette could not help but to let a small smile creep over her delicate featured face. Her ivory sabino markings clashing with her darker colors, battling for dominance, but the white always seemed more beautiful in contrast. Her golden orbs searched over they grey mare as she spoke once more. "unicorn" was the word that caught the pirates attention. She hated being called that.

Aye. I may have this horn on me head makin' me a "unicorn" but I be no different than ye, a simple equine, at heart. her words were soft and kind when directed towards the mare. Her gaze still shifting over her. Thoughts of how this mare would be significant to the Pirates, or if she would not be of any use at all. She had a nice build, she was small and tiny, but she had some nice muscle to her. She would fit in just fine among the pirates. the question was, did she have the heart to be a sea dweller?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a buckskin stallion showing himself over to the two mares. He was quite handsome. Shorter than the pirate lass, but she found short, some what attractive. He had a scar on his face, what looked to be like a scar from fire. Cosette hated fire. She loved the water, and the opposite of water, is obviously, fire.

He asked what brought them here. Cosette figured her answer would be quite obvious. What were most claimed horses doing in the threshold? Recruiting correct? My motive would be quite similar t' yers I would suppose. I would be searchin' fer a new recruitment t' join me family she said. Her think french accent shinning through once again.

The stallion grew closer to them. He seemed to look over the grey mare and quickly disregard her for whatever he was searching for in his reason for approaching them. His gaze quickly turned to the fall colored mare. His face filling with disgust. Cosette took a few steps backwards, not used to this sort of reaction. Did this stallion find her ugly? She did not care she did not like the way he looked at her so she snapped at him.

Sir, I do not like th' way yer eyes perceive me. Would ye care t' explain that smug look on yer face before I loot pride in smackin' it off? She said. her words sharp and more rude then the way she spoke to the mare. The stallion spoke his name but Cosette did not take care in making him an acquaintance . She spoke her name, but it was quick and sent more towards the new mare she stood before. Cosette, A lass of the sea she said whilst shooting a small comforting smile to the grey mare

Unregistered

As soon as her mistaken words set it to the fellow mare, Snowblind had known she had made some kind of mistake. The mare seemed slightly bothered, but didn't change her tone toward the straggly mare.
"Aye. I may have this horn on me head makin' me a "unicorn" but I be no different than ye, a simple equine, at heart."
Her voice; ugh, it made Snowblind's spine shiver, something was so unattractive about it to her. Maybe it was the combination of the way the mare spoke along with the accent? Snowblind shoved the thought back down, knowing the first thing she shouldn't do in this new place was make an enemy right off the bat. She pleasantly nodded, a one sided grin crept over her lips.
The smell found her just barely before the sound; another visitor, already? Her ears flicked toward the sound of an oncoming brute, her gaze shifting from the mare toward a similar built stallion from what she was used to seeing. He seemed to saunter toward them, arrogant looking from the start.
"Hello, ladies. What brings you to this neck of the woods?"
The way the words slid together in such a silky tone did not match the scarred brute, so Snowblind decided she would have to be fake in front of this one. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, the other mare responded quicker than her.
"My motive would be quite similar t' yers I would suppose. I would be searchin' fer a new recruitment t' join me family."
The stud had a grimaced, almost pained look as he took in the rest of her new acquaintance. She didn't enjoy that he seemed to be having a hard time seeing the real nature of the uni mare. A small burn of anger ignited in her chest, and as she once again tried to push a word in to defend her, the mare stood up for herself, then after a brief pause added in her name with the same delightful tone she had used earlier.
"Sir, I do not like th' way yer eyes perceive me. Would ye care t' explain that smug look on yer face before I loot pride in smackin' it off?.. Cosette, a lass of the sea."
Snowblind bobbed her nose in recognition, keeping her ears flicking around constantly to take in anything that may happen around them. As far as she knew, another equine of some sort may be lurking in the woods watching and listening.
"I'm Snowblind, you can call me Snow if necessary. I've been wandering for a while by myself now and just ended up here."

Deceased
Blu

The stallion ran his gaze over the femme's mahogany coat before turning his head away from her image. He had promised to play nice with the unicorn and looking at her grotesquely twisted horn was not helping him to do so. He needed to controlled his enraged thoughts, not fuel the prejudiced flames.

"It was only your image that startled me, miss," the quarter horse jeered at her, not meaning to do so. He poked his sooty nose at the porcelain mare's shoulder before nickering, "You should know that seeing a pair of lonesome mares can set a stallion's blood on fire." Ricochet sent a sidelong glance at the snowy mare, a playful gleam in his eye and a tempting smile on his lips, trying to make his lies come to life with his actions.

Flicking his tail out as if in outrage, the buckskin snorted haughtily, "All by yourself? You must be a very brave creature, indeed. Perhaps my people would be willing to welcome you to our ranks, after all." He padded forward now, towards the striped birch tree, and ran his side against as if he had an itch. His movement showed that he was relaxed and well-accustomed to the sunlit forest, and he wanted the mares to know that he had no interest in harming them. Not in the equine one's case, anyway.

Switching his teal gaze to the unicorn mare for a moment, the brute decided that she was indeed here for the same reason as he, even though he did not trust the words that escaped her maw. Most horses would venture out to Threshold to claim those who wandered these dense woods, so it only made sense that Snowblind was the wanderer and Cosette his competition. He wondered, briefly, if what the bi-colored mare had to offer would interest the newcomer.

"As you can see, young miss, you have to make a choice. Until then we have reached a stalemate, I fear. Might as well listen to what the unicorn has to offer, aye?" Again he had unintentionally jabbed at the uniquely-marked lass. Why was it that she brought out the worst in him? What power did she have over the tyrant, that made him show his ugly side?

{Sorry about this being so late. Had no muse for a while. I hope this is acceptable!}
"BLAM BLAM"

R I C O C H E T
I only want you to see | My favorite part of me
And not my ugly side, not my ugly side

Unregistered

Cosette rolled her eyes as the brute spoke to her. Her image? What was wrong with her image? She closed her eyes and looked up to the sky speaking some words to comfort her S'il vous plaît aidez-moi mère de ne pas kil cet imbécile she chuckled slightly to herself before turning her face back down to listen to the brute speaking once more to the snowy mare.

He offered her a home, what kind of home? She did not know but if Cosette was in the other mares position she would not trust, nor go anywhere with that male. She tried hard to keep herself from snorting and barely succeeded. She waited for her turn and when he said "listen to what the unicorn has to offer, aye?" The way he put the aye on the end filled her with rage, what was it about her that disgusted him?

OH do not act like I disgust ye so much, If its 'cause of this horn on me head then ye sir have entirely way to big of an ego an need to get off of yer high tower an realize yer race ain't the only one around here... Rico She made sure to make herself clear before looking upon the other mare once more. She smiled softly again as if apologizing for her outbreaks.

Aye, as Ricochet over here offered ye a home, so do I. I welcome ye to follow me to the ocean, to be with the Pirates. We be all mighty friendly, unless ye get on our bad side. she shot a look over at the brute with her last words.

Unregistered

As Cosette and Ricochet shared their small confrontation, Snow shifted her weight to her back legs, cocking her front left hoof on the soft ground. The tension between the two of them almost seemed as if they had known each other from before, but being that they hadn't know the others' name, it must have just been hate at first glimps? Both the mare and the stallion invited Snowblind into their herds, each sounding comforting in their own way. The way Rico had basically said his herd would accept her because she must have been brave was almost like a pat on the back, but the ocean was so comfortable and Cosette was such a beautifully crafted mare, both in personality and physical appearance.

Her ears swiveled back as she thought about each option. Being able to run along the water would be magnificent, but the sense of being strong and frightening like Rico was also important to her. The more she thought, the more Cosette's words twisted into her mind.
"I do love the water,"
The white mare let the whisper out in a breath, dipping her head down a little as if it was very hard to take in what was happening. Curiosity struck her and her imagination created a whirl of vibrant unicorns running over white sanded beaches. Did they all look like her new acquaintance, or did they each have unique styles?
"I'm not meant to be violent, but I can be if I were to try. Cosette, are there more of your kind there?"
Would Snowblind fit in with the herd? If not, she didn't need them, she would go on with her lonesome self, wandering where ever it was that the grass grew the thickest. But, Rico hadn't explained where he resided either.
"Ricochet, where is it that you reside? And why is it that you can't help but glare at her?"

OOC: It's no big deal, don't worry about it. :) And sorry for this awful post guys, :s

Deceased
Blu
{Sorry you two, I thought that Ricochet would be accepted into the Foothils by now. Just assume that he got bored/annoyed and left. >.<}

Unregistered
((If you want... I think since Rico pulled out that this thread is done? SO if you want to post in the Endless Blue I will have Co meet you there <3))