the Rift

Why is the Rum Always Gone? [Corsair, Pirates}

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cosette had quickly arrived to Helovia, and just as quick she had found what she was seeking. She had been greeted by a pirate male, a kind spirit was he. His name was Corsair, and he offered her a place among the pirates. It brought her heart great joy to know she was welcomed. She had always dreamed of being a pirate like her mother, the small medallion in her hair, the only thing she had left to remember her beautiful up bringer. Not much was ever spoken of Cosette's father, but what was, was not kind. Her father had raped her mother and then simply just left. Her mother was a normal equine, and her father a unicorn. She despised the horn that sat upon her head for that very reason, but you have to live with the thing you cannot change right?

Corsair had told Co to visit the endless blue. It was not hard to find, for a horse that loves the sea, will always find its way. She could smell the luscious ocean water nearby. Changing her course slightly and veering off to the right. She excited the trees and found before her the great big blue. She quickly ran up to in sticking her feet in. The waves circled around her, the cold salt water embraced her legs. Oh how she missed the feeling so.

Her mind wondered off as she tried to contemplate what her new family was like, and if they were all as brave and handsome as Corsair. She did not find a liking for the male like that, but more as o welcoming brother. He had showed her great kindness, but also was he shorter. She wouldn't be to sure how that would work out, but she was quite fond of shorter males, she found them slightly more attractive than a tall lanky stallion. The mare stood in the water waiting for the male by the name of Corsair, or anyone of her new family to arrive.

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Corsair walked along the shores of the endless blue, letting the soft winds of the area play with his mane and tail. His normally beautiful features were scrunched up in deep thought, his deep eyes dark and filled with thought. His mind was, of course, on a mare. But not just any old mare, oh no, this mare was Cosette.

A pirate's lass she was. Corsair admired her for that, rarely in his travels had he ever met such a friendly mare who was a pirate. Of course, he had met other pirate lasses, but they were cruel or lusty. Both attributes of a woman that Corsair didn't particularly desire. But Cosette was kind and shared a similar passion for the sea as he did. They couldn't be together...the band would disapprove, wouldn't they? Tell him to get lost and find another desperate mare and leave this one good one out of it.

Corsair decided to make a list of reasons why he shouldn't be with Cosette in order to make him try and move on, but the list was terrifyingly short. So the bay stallion continued to trudge through the sand, his head low. Then he saw her; Cosette that is. She looked comfortable beyond belief in the water. Corsair lifted his head up, ears pricked as he start to trot towards the mare.

She was a member of the band, so it would be rude to not welcome her, right? Right. "Aye, Cosette, how yer be?" Corsair smiled, trotting up to the larger mare's side. Damn their height differences.

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 50f03b5b5d58d]

Unregistered

Cosette faced away from the land the wind blew straight in her face, clearing her long beautiful mane out of her view. She gazed out into the endless sea. A small smile crept over her face. She was finally home. She could smell the salt in the cool water that surrounded her four feet. The wind smelt of the sea as well. Her senses were happy and her heart was glad as well.

Cosette heard the sand crushing behind her but she did not fret or move. She felt no sense of danger as she looked out among the deep blue. A familiar voice filled her ears at that moment. It was Corsair. He had said he would meet her here and alas, there he was.

"Aye, Cosette, how yer be?" He said. She smiled again and slowly turned her head to look at him. Her eyes shone and were a beautiful gold color. Her face was much softer than the first time they had met, for she was finally comforted. Ahoy there, Corsair. She turned her head to look back out at the ocean. Beautiful isn't it? It helps me think, and rid of all me bad memories and thoughts. It makes me happy, and calm. So I would say that I be happiest I could be. Her hair blew out of her face once more as she closed her eyes and felt the specks of water from a small wave splash up into her face. Another soft warm smile caressing her facial features.

Unregistered

Corsair stopped short in his exuberant trot, his left foreleg lifted off the ground by inches. He was merely a couple feet away from Cosette, but had frozen in place to admire the simplicity of her beauty. It seemed as if her golden eyes glowed and her coat did the same, illuminating Cosette's elegant features. A large mare, yes, but why does height have to matter?

The bay's smirk didn't go away as he studied the mare with gleaming blue eyes. "Tha sea's a beat'ful place, an' beaut'ful things inspire beaut'ful feelings," He sighed, turning his head to the endless sea before them. Corsair believed his words to be truth, saying them in a wistful way. Wait. Where were his manners?

"Welcome to tha Pirates, Cosette. Me lads shuld be 'round here sumwhere," Corsair laughed, tucking his head and closing his eyes in a flirtatious way. A force of habit, really. The stallion's flirty nature was not new to anyone, but he hoped he wouldn't scare off Cosette by acting like this. All the Pirates acted flirty and wild, so if the mare wanted to be one of them, she'd just have to get used to their rambunctious ways.

Corsair turned his head slowly, scanning the beach for any signs of his gang. They were bound to be around here somewhere, but he'd hate to run around yelling for them. Now that would definitely scare off Cosette from ever wanting to be with the Pirates again. His gang would curse him out for doing such a thing.

"talk talk talk"

Unregistered

Cosette looked up slightly and spoke to herself Guidé par le vent, pas brûlés par le feu, non tirée par l'inondation, ils viennent pour se reposer, mais la bougie brûle seul, Il nous guide en toute sécurité à la maison she said in an almost whisper. It was something her mother always used to say to her before she fell asleep. Its was sort of a prayer, or a comforting saying to her now as it was then.

She looked over at Corsair turning slightly. A small smile resided on her face as she looked at the handsome stallion. He spoke a welcome to her which made her smile. She felt gratitude to be welcomed by the captain himself and felt grateful to be in his presence. Of course there was a longing in her heard that found herself oddly attracted to him, but it could never be right? For he was ha captain and she, well she was just a lass in the band, nothing more, nothing special. But she still felt it deep down.

I would much love t' meet them some time, an thank ye for yer kind welcome Corsair, I do reckon I shall find this galleon much to me liking Her french accent was soft and beautiful. Another smile fell over her face as she just looked into his eys. She had to lower her head slightly to do so but she didnt mind much. It was something she not only had to get used to but would become fond of.

OOC: French translation: Guided by the wind, Not burnt by the fire, Not pulled by the flood, They come to rest, But the candle burns alone, It guides us safely home.

Unregistered

The bay's eyes stopped searching as he heard the lass speak. Yes, Cosette could meet the rest of the crew another time, for this moment was theirs alone. It was their moment to shamelessly cherish being together, even if only for a minute of two. Now Corsair sincerely hoped that no members of his band decided to interrupt them, or introduce themselves to Cosette.

Corsair moved his gaze to stare up into Cosette's dazzling gold eyes, a new feeling stirring within the bay. He had felt this feeling before; it was the emotion of love in a fluttery, early stage sparking within the stallion. But do not be mistaken, this feeling was different from the love you feel for your mother or father. This was something more. Yet, Corsair hesitated as he realized what it was that was stirring within him. He had recently acquired a rank within his band of high status, wouldn't it be bad publicity to be fooling around with an innocent lass the band had picked up?

Wait. Why should he even care?! Corsair was the captain, he made the rules now, and if he wanted to have a touching moment with a lass, then he would. Any doubt that had glazed the stallion's eyes in his moment of thought was gone as he gazed at Cosette, savoring the sound of her soft, french accented, voice. A smile spread across his dark lips, an inviting gaze in his sea-like eyes. "Ye be more than welcome," Corsair spoke softly in reply.

"An I would be very disappointed if it twasn't, Cosette, but I think ye will learn to call tha blue ye home nicely," The bay continued to smile, lightly touching is muzzle to hers. Corsair certainly did like the softness of her coat, though the way he had to stretch his neck up to meet her muzzle was a bother. But it was something he could get used to easily.

"talk talk talk"

Unregistered

Cosette smiled as Corsair spoke. His words never failed to calm her. What was it about him that intrigued her? He was handsome and everything, but the more she thought about it, it was him period, he had a way of calming her, and reassuring her and in some way making her know that everything was ok, even if he never said those exact words.

Cosette felt his muzzle reach out and touch her own. His face was soft. She took a deep breath in taking in his scent. A sense of comfort fell over her and unknowingly she scooted slightly closer to the stallion. I do believe it is already beginning to feel just like me old home

The mahogany mare could feel the wind picking up. The sand blew in her face and her automatic reaction was to drop her head and hide it in the captains side. She wasn't meaning to be so direct towards him. But somehow she just couldn't quite help her feeling right now. Everything was just so over whelming, and for once in a long time, the fae was happy.

Cosette jerked away ever so slightly when the wind stopped realizing what she had done. I- I am so sorry captain. I hope ye can forgive me sir She said dropping her head slighting in shame. She cursed at herself in her head. She was new here and she needed to not ruin things for herself by making moves on the captain. If there was one way to for sure herself leaving. That's would have been it.

OOC: Sorry for such a lame post :/

Unregistered

Cosette's touch was gone too quickly, but the Captain wasn't disappointed as he felt her head burrow into his flank when the wind picked up around them. A smile slipped across his muzzle as Corsair turned his head to gaze back at the mare. She was a good deal larger than himself, but still a fem, a gentle giant that continued to need the presence of a warrior by her side.

The Captain's eyes closed, his muzzle touching his beloved's shoulder tenderly, reassuringly, until the wind died down. Now, any touch of Cosette was gone, and a confused look crossed the bay's face as she apologized. Corsair's deep blue eyes had fluttered open, gazing at the perfected face of Cosette intently.

Corsair was quite amused by why Cosette had pulled away, though he kept his composure intact. He'd keep a straight face for her sake. The bay's dark muzzle moved to hers once more, savoring the feeling of her coat. A small smile leapt to his lips, deep blue eyes dancing, the sunlight falling upon his head, turning it a golden color similar to Cosette's dazzling orbs. "I twasn't tha one who pulled away, Co. There's no reason to be 'pologizin," Corsair winked, giving her muzzle a playful bump.

Duties of a Captain were begging for Corsair once more. The bay straightened up, removing his muzzle from hers. Disappointment laced through the bay's eyes, as he stared at the unicorn he was falling for. "I must be goin' now. I hope t' see ye again. An' Soon," Corsair smirked before trotting past Cosette, their coats brushing as he moved. Then, the stallion broke into a swift canter towards the edge of the territory that belonged to the Pirate's; probably off to do some recruiting or patrolling of the borders. But his mind would remain on Cosette for the rest of the day.

"talk talk talk"