the Rift

Moratorium [Open!]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

The wind was slightly chilly, blowing straight from the depths of the ocean… It danced through the sky, it’s only witness a lonely paint stallion, standing in the sandy shores of the beach.

Why am I back here…?

The question lingered in the forefront of the stallion’s mind, his nostrils flaring slightly and inhaling the sickeningly familiar scent of saltwater that danced along the caressing fingers of the breeze. Honey-brown depths brimmed with melancholy as he stared out across the endless mass of waves and water, seeing everything and yet nothing at all. He was lost in his thoughts, and memories, of the last time he had come to this place. It was funny, in a way… Hadn’t he made a promise to himself that he would never step foot upon these white granules again? A scoff escaped his maw. Ironic…

What an adventure that had been…

A sardonic grin pulled at the stallion’s ebony lips, the corner of his eyes crinkling slightly. Loneliness seemed to radiate from his core, shining bright in the otherwise stationary dark stag. He stood motionless at the shoreline of the Endless Blue, staring out at sea. The wind licked at his mane and tail, dragging the ebony strands playfully in their wake… Yet for Apollo, he was feeling anything but playful. A deep, all-consuming sadness had filled his frame, his heart aching in questions regarding his new family. The Grey was his home, its members his brothers and sisters, and yet… The overo was still full of a bitter sort of loneliness.

He wondered where Phaedra was, for it seemed like so long since he had even laid eyes upon her. She always made him feel welcome and appreciated. His last visit to the ocean had been with her, where they had almost died at the hands of the sea-monster, and at the vicious jaws of the wolf-pack. They were dead now, the wolves, thanks to Lakota and Lupus’s help. And, of course, the sea-monster itself, who had demanded the remaining wolves as toys in exchange for Phaedra’s life…

Oh, Gods… What would he have done if she hadn’t survived? That was a question that Apollo truly didn’t want to answer. Since coming to Helovia, it seemed that he had centered his life around the Pegasus beauty. Everything that he did was for her, but no matter how much he loved her and cared for her, the only thing he truly wanted was for her to be happy. Even if that wasn’t with him, well… He hoped that they would still be friends.

As his thoughts raced, the winds continued to blow.

Giving a rough exhale, Apollo tilted his head slightly, mane shifting and strands sliding elegantly down his neck. The ice blue horn upon his head flickered in the offered sunlight, the rays sending soothing warmth across his ebony back. How long had he been standing here now? Too long, probably… Abruptly, the stallion gave his body a shake, freeing all of the sand that had collected in his painted hide due to the blowing winds. Lifting each hoof from the ground and giving each a shake, the stallion spared the depths of the ocean blue one last glance before turning his back on the sight. Some might call it breathtaking… To Apollo, it was a lingering, bitter memory of something he was beginning to feel he couldn’t have.

Did that kiss mean anything, Phae…? The stallion asked himself, torn between answers that he felt were unreachable. Or had it been a simple act of two souls taking solace in each other during such a tumultuous event?

Giving his head a rough shake, muzzle snapping to the right, Apollo gave a frustrated grunt. He was doing nothing but causing depression to set in, which was something that he had enough troubles with as it was. Normally, the stallion wasn’t this emotional, but the last couple of weeks had been stressful for him. The Grey was his only family, his only friends, and yet he was beginning to feel like… Oh, how could he put it… That Phaedra was his only purpose in the group of mercenaries. Did they consider him one of their own? Did they consider him a brother in arms, even though he was a poor soldier? Did they consider him the family that he so devotedly considered them?

“Oh, Gods, I need to stop this. I’m getting out of hand.” Honeyed eyes glanced up at the sky as the stallion continued his walk, turning to the left slightly so that he could enjoy some time walking along the beach. He was far from the water’s edge, however, and truly intended for it to stay that way. With each step he took, the black and white overo’s hooves sunk into the white granules of sand, and the feeling caused a somewhat genuine smile to spread across the unicorn’s dark lips. Ah, there it was… The sadness hadn’t beaten him down yet.

[ooc: Open to anyone, I suppose… XD I honestly don’t know where angsty-Apollo came from.]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

There was nothing like the feel of the sea’s calming effect. It swept over one like sleep hypnosis. The sea foam covered mare had also ventured to the edge of the blue nothingness to ponder and think, to be alone, to say the least. Ever since her arrival into this new world, she felt compelled to be a figment of everyone’s imagination, a shadow of the past. And she was doing just that. It was down time for her to recuperate. To reevaluate whom she was, what she wanted.

The Hunters were a thing of the past now, to her. And to think, only after two seasons of not having to run for her life, it was over. It had lifted a lot of weight off of her shoulders; allowing her to relax and not wonder what was lurking behind everything, ready to attack. But her survival skills and abilities she had learned over twenty years, still were etched in stone on her heart. She had come to face the facts.

As the sea’s whisper wrapped its talons around her petite frame, begging her to enter its liquid, her milky strands of silk rippled lightly against her womanly-slenderized neck and tail entwined itself around her hind legs. She was daughter of the sea and moon, but she feared them both. They both were selfish, thinking only of themselves. It was a wonder she was so proper, calm in demeanor and peaceful, gentle. Taking all the good from both parents, and leaving the bad.

The bloodless and pale unicorn was pivoting on her haunches, golden hooves sinking into the opaque grain when she intercepted visual of a common stallion she had encountered awhile back. She was good with recognition and wondered if she should call out to him. So much for being alone, she thought. And just when you thought you were alone, you weren’t.

With the light background to disguise her and the wind taking her scent upwind, the two-tone stallion would have no chance at sighting her. The question now was if she wanted the company. She would have to act fast before he disappeared. But as she continued to debate her actions, she watched him redirect his stride and follow the sea’s edge at a clearly safe distance, and she did not doubt his intentions, she would have done the same thing. A smile creased his features, and set one on her own maw. With her decision made clear, she set out to intercept his path.

“Fancy seeing you on the same side of the sea. Apollo, is it not?”

She was a few strides out, but her harmonious vocals carried strongly to his own ears. Her forelock was tangled around her horn and a few strands tickled her nose. Lightly shaking her crown, to replace her tassels, the wind switched course. Now, mane and tail were making it hard to see and walk. But thank goodness she only just canceled her movement. Like a beautiful creature caught on the shore, dressed all in white, so her image resembled much the same. But she would never think of herself as attractive, only plain, with no embellishments to speak of. Nothing to make her unique like the others who inhabited Heloia.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

As his slow, almost leisurely strides took him further along the coast side, Apollo was unaware of the fact that he was no longer alone. His thoughts muddled his mind, stealing any cognitive responses to the environment and those around him. It wasn’t that he was being rude, per se, just… Lost. It had been a long time since the overo had felt such an intimidating sadness, and it felt heavy and cumbersome upon his normally boyish heart.

His thoughts turned to Andreas, his beloved sister, and he wondered where she was right now, or what she was doing. It had been so terribly long since he had last seen her… Did she remain in his home, in a herd that would readily abuse and overpower than be kind and gentle? For her sake, the unicorn hoped that she had escaped their grueling clutches. Would they ever see each other again, though? It was hard to say… Perhaps fate could play a hand in their favor for once?

Once more, Apollo gave his head a violent shake, gritting his teeth in frustration. Oh, how annoying this was becoming. He was tired of the angst, the sadness, and the all-encompassing uselessness that he was beginning to feel. Yes, he was prone to fretting like a newly-made mother, but this was getting to the point of ridiculousness. Inhaling sharply through his nostrils, the male paused and stamped a hoof, sending granules of sand floating upwards in a small cloud of dust. Apollo watched in mild fascination, honeyed orbs taking in the raining particles before his ears caught a sound upon the breeze.

’Fancy seeing you on the same side of the sea. Apollo, is it not?’

Lifting his head and turning it towards the voice, Apollo’s forelock whipped to the side, obscuring his vision from the feminine voice that had beckoned him. With yet another furious shake of his head, the stallion tossed his head upwards, horn poised to the sky to throw the annoying ebony strands away from his face. It worked, if only for a moment, and the medic spotted who had spoken to him. A coat of fine alabaster nearly blended into the bleached white of the sand, and he admired her for a moment, simply trying to recall who she was.

Had they met before? Oh, yes… They had, in the Thistle Meadow. Nadira was her name, if he remembered correctly.

“Yes,” he said, clearing his throat and allowing a smile to tug at the corners of his dark lips. The stallion hesitated a moment and then turned his body towards her so that they were face to face, and the simple action helped keep the wind from tossing his mane into his face. “And you’re Nadira, right?” The stallion tilted his head, honey-brown eyes looking the other unicorn in almost a child-like curiosity. There were few in Helovia who he actually knew and befriended… Most of them had resided in the Grey, and once more, he was unsure of his relationship with them. Except for Phaedra, of course…

His smile curled his lips even further upwards, his eyes taking on a warm charm to them. “It’s nice to see you again, Nadira… I hope you’ve been doing good since our last encounter?” Through his smiles and forced chivalry, which never truly came naturally to the overo, it was clear to see that he was bothered. His tone was genuine, as he truly did enjoy seeing Nadira again… It was simply that he was bogged down by a lot on his mind.

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
The wind scatters beneath my wings, lifting me higher and faster than the one following. Those appendages burn with heavens fire. Yet I feel no pain, only pride, only joy. I could look around, look…mostly for sweet and delicious mice-- or better yet ‘hawks’. Who didn’t love good avian meat? Nobody!! Well….somebody… My bonded didn’t appreciate a good feast; he chose to nibble on ugly looking weeds, day in and day out. Midas didn’t even like to watch me eat, much less kill weaker ‘brothers’and ‘sisters’ that were considered cousins to my species. His feelings are rather disappointing to me…a warm freshly killed blood bag— sent shivers of pleasure down my spine. But it made his mind grow tense, so I kept all these glorious thoughts to myself. Such a pity he didn’t feel as I did. My beak clicks together with justification. I was a leader in this wide sky; everything in it was my prey. Everything! Well….not the dragons or horses. They simply didn’t appreciate being looked at like dinner. Even though they were just as much a prey creature.

Did I mention how much I love….meat?

He often used the words, ‘bonding,’ I wasn’t sure what this meant, nor was I certain why his eyes got all soft and honeyed when I slept near Cera. As if I was an injured creature in need of attention!? Nay, my body was strong and I would show him. I wasn’t a weakling, I would be worthy of his true praise one day and not just his gooey eyes. These nerves could feel each flaming feather, each muscle that stretched from gizzard to beak.

I would show him.

Fina flew ahead of me, aqua eyes searching not for danger or anything of use. But for nourishment that I didn’t believe she needed. I mentioned this time and time again. ‘You are hunting because you’re bored’, I told her though our soul link, yet my wisdom and images did little to stop her onslaught of tiny innocent creatures. I was growing the opinion that my bonded mostly did one of two things, sleep and eat—and when she wasn’t sleeping, she was eating. One would think with the amount of meat Fina took in every day, she would be a plump little rascal. But no, this little phoenix didn’t get fat; if anything she got longer and stronger. Talons grew sharp, and mind even sharper. She was growing bolder by the day, testing the limits of my patience by diving for earth at heart wrenching speeds and then pulling up at the last possible second to speed off into the distance, a laughter trailing in her wake.

Together we went along in silence, simply enjoying the company of each other. Until a wide span of blue ignited the distant horizon and always stirred heart into a sense of admiration. Two figures walked the beach, both of which appeared small, and featureless at our height. My little bonded took off, speeding toward the fish she could surely smell. I banked right and followed the edge of timber, lingering…debating. Debating only until I noticed that the two that lingered on said beach were known by me. In polite greeting I called out to them from above, my wings thrust to carry me nearer, “Apollo, Nadira, hope your day is faring well."
Credits or something
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

A light smile appeared on her features as her gaze focused on the unicorn stallion. She casually pondered what had been crossing his thoughts for him to show such serious determination. Turning to face her, his vocals affirming her name as well. Nodding in confirmation, her ears tilted to face him, tuning in to his comments and question. It was quite a windy day, but the two of them had managed to stay clear of anything too distracting.

“I have been doing quite fine. Still meandering around, getting familiar with as much of Helovia as I can without crossing anyone or burning any bridges. I would rather not have a list of enemies. How have you been?”

She could see he was trying to be polite, but that there were important things weighing him down mentally. She wondered if he would become offended if she inquired of his personal matters. Most stallions would rather not talk about their problems, but on occasion, there was one stallion who loved to cause drama. But she didn’t feel that from Apollo.

“Something on your mind?”

It wasn’t normally how she would go about asking a question. She tried to stay away from yes and no questions, but in this case, it was a casual question that could be answered with a no, and the topic was closed, or a yes and he had the option to go farther into the topic, or just leave it at that. Either way, she figured it was the safest way to go about it.

It was only a matter of seconds later the battering of wings and a familiar voice penetrated the air above them. As the white mare glanced up towards the sky, she caught sight of Midas and her smiled grew. She was beginning to appreciate her social skills for making acquaintances and relationships. She hadn’t had the best of luck as a youth, but observation skills had become a source of survival technique for her. You never know the value of something until you need it, and if you have acquired the ability or skill you need, you become more appreciative of the time spent developing it.

“Good day Midas. The day is fairing, nothing to complain about.”

She couldn’t exactly say the same for Apollo, but maybe things would start looking up.

“Care to join us?”

She hoped Apollo didn’t mind the company. Maybe he needed a distraction. Sometimes distractions were a good thing.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty