the Rift

Diplomatic Visitation{Kri, Smoke, Indy, open}

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
[For Kri, but Indy, Smoke, and Evers and/or Rose if Cait wants to join in/sees this are welcome to join since they're important within the herd.]

Pale, regal, and graceful Gossamer canters through the heat of the desert to the outskirts of the oasis. Her pearlescent, white hide shines like silver in the sun...minus, of course, the areas where sweat beads most thickly: her flanks, chest, and behind her ears. She stands upon the desert sand and bugles out a call, "I wish to speak with Leader Kri the Resolute or another who is authorized to make decisions." and there she waited in the sweltering heat.

The Foothills were so much cooler than this deathly heat. How sheltered they were up in her land. How great was the plight of the other horses in Helovia. Great was her shame that she and her herd had turned a blind eye to the suffering of others. The very thing she, herself, had promised to never do. She realizes though, that she could change that today with a treaty if she played it right. The Benevolent had only ever met with the lead but once before and that had not gone very well. The mare was strong and proud, like herself, but too proud as to take help. If Gossamer wanted to help her, she would have to weave it into her treaty somehow. Though her throat was dry and her tongue felt full of cotton her mind was sharp for the meeting to come.

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
A darker figure trailed after, her pace carrying less energy as the relentless sun bore down to turn gray to black with salty sweat. She paused beside the pale figure of Gossamer, snorting softly in amusement at the formality with which the other mare spoke her call. Tail lashed against her haunches as her head turned toward the scent of water, ears tilting forward with interest though she remained still and waiting.

"Likely Kri or Azzuen will answer." She murmured thoughtfully, contemplating on the last she'd heard of the dynamics within the Tuuli. Granted that had been at a meeting of the Tuuli and had nothing to do with political bonds between official herds, so far as Gossamer was concerned.

Above her a dragon's voice was lifted in song, a merry tune beckoning the one who'd taken a moment to fly in play with him, so long before. The blue seemed unfazed but the heat, floating on thermals with his expansive wings that bore his lithe figure with ease. She could have been jealous, and might've been for just a flicker of a heartbeat, but there was no need to spoil the simple happiness of the dragon.

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
Patrol. It was a repetitive routine, but one the stallion had trained for all his life. Securing one’s borders was not meant to be easy, else everyone would be doing it. Azzuen had been set a task, he had been given the challenge of being General of the Throat, and he wasn’t about to shirk away at any of the responsibilities that came along with it, even if it meant less time with his beloved mate and daughter. No, he did this for them. Cirrus often joined him on his patrols, for they involved lots of flying, and she was learning, though her flights were often shorter in nature. He was surprised at how fast she grew in physical appearance as well as knowledgeable capacity, but then he could hardly remember being that young and observing such things in himself. Certainly watching her grow up however, made him only want to populate the Throat with more of his kin. But that was something to be discussed with Cass, another time.

Right now his senses alerted him to an intrusion, one that was not unfriendly however, by the looks of things. He recognised Smoke with ease, her blue dragon he greeted with a breezy nicker as he flew by it. The pale mistress beside Smoke he could only assume was her leader, the diligent way in which she carried herself spoke of the crown she must wear atop that pretty visage. Circling them once, before dipping his wings to them in a Pegasus salute, the General landed smoothly, shaking out this thick, knotted mane and trotting towards the duo of mares. It seems there are many mares in power in these lands. He thought absently, but it was not with malice of hatred, merely a silently amused observation. Azzuen knew well enough to respect mares, his own mother being one of legendary proportions. Nodding his cranium as he neared them, his deep baritone presented his gentlemanly speech to the femmes of the Foothills.

“Greetings; I am Azzuen, General here. My leader will be along shortly, I imagine. You are welcome to rest yourselves by the lake should you find this heat as unbearable as the rest of us.”

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
[i'm gonna hold off on posting indy here since he's in a thread here with mauja. indy doesn't like the heat and says one trip into the desert is enough for him :c]

KTULU
it's getting harder and harder to breathe

Gossamer's call had fallen on Ktulu's ears. She was not the leader nor was she in any way capable of making decisions, but she was curious about who would come seeking out her new leader. With a flick of her white tail the young mare picked up a trot before moving into a smooth canter. It wasn't far to the place where the call had come from, but heat had Ktulu working up a sweat quickly turning her dusty coat to a glossy black.

By the time she reached them Azzuen was already there. She greeted her friend with a smile and a dip of her head before looking at the two mares and dragons that had come knocking. Ktulu's head tilted as she looked upon the white mare. There were similarities in the build and coloring that matched that of her mothers and somewhat Phi. Maybe there was some relation there, but Ktulu didn't know for sure.

"Hello." She greeted the two mares. "I am Ktulu, warrior in training." Training that wasn't really happening because the heat was so extreme.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Though inseparable, the two sisters had grown comfortable enough in their new home to spend time on other sides of the oasis, and Ophelia had taken to lightly grazing near the water's edge. She found that she could see her sister's reflection in the water and know where she was at all times; this was comforting. Ophelia was still unused to Ktulu being such an able filly, with perfect, straight legs, and she often found herself missing having to be at her side constantly.

The black and red reflection moved away, and the white filly's head shot upward, ears forward to hear what might have caught Ktulu's interest. A strange call - a female call. With furrowed brows, Ophelia picked up a graceful canter, splashing her cloven hooves in the water's edge. The large, dark form of Azzuen caught her site and she smiled; he was kind. The white and crimson mare was slow to trust, but Azzuen was slowly earning hers - enough to crack a smile from her lips at least.

A shifting shadow on the ground alerted her to the sight of a dragon over head, and her heart sang enviously. She sorely missed her half-wolf friend and his charcoal dragon, and the thought that they lay dead in that cave made her soul cry. At least Adele had made it out alive with Vera. She moved to her sister's side as she introduced herself but remained silent, observing the two mares. One was obviously battle hardened, bonded to the blue dragon. The other was silvery white in color and regal... and somehow oddly familiar.

"Hello, handsome," she murmured up at the blue dragon, a child-like smile on her lips.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

"Welcome friends," I say as I swoop in to the group, which had grown quite a bit in numbers since I first caught a glance of that familiar gleaming white coat from my vantage in the sky. My wings fold neatly against my back as I step forward, falling in beside Azzuen comfortably as I would any mare. I really was getting quite familiar with this oddly tolerable stallion over the period of my time here in the Throat. I offer a smile to Smoke and her bonded Zaffre, the blue dragon I had the pleasure of sailing the skies with only a few short seasons earlier.

Now, in the desperate heat of the desert, that cooler winter seemed like years before.

My blue eyes cast curiously onto the fillies painted in desaturated shades, except for the bright red they both wore in accents. I remember Azzuen had invited two girls to live within our home, and she figured these unicorns were the same. I nod in turn to Azzuen and the fillies who seemed fearless - a trait I found myself happy to observe.

"Greetings to you, Gossamer of the Foothills," I say to the royal white mare. My eyes are not as warm as the ones which greeted Smoke and her dragon, but they were not as cool as they had been on our previous meeting. "Before you state your business, let us make for the lake as Azzuen has suggested. I imagine the sun is harsh on your pale skin."

I turn to lead the way, my walk quick and purposeful across the hot rocks of our desert home.
""

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
{I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to write this like Sol has already told Goss that she has two twin fillies...just because I think it would be cool. If you don't want it, just play it like Goss was nice and said hi, =p}

The first to answer her and Smoke's arrival was one white and black. His appearance tugged a thread in her mind, perhaps she'd seen him at some time in the past. His introduction was kind, and his eyes were friendly. Beside her, she felt Smoke's amusement at her formality and, herself, felt a bit amused, though she didn't let it show. She dipped her head deeply to the stallion and spoke gently, "Thank you, General Azzuen." She liked the male. He was strong and smart and to the point.

The next to arrive were two mares, barely older than fillies, who looked completely different in coloring and who yet looked alike in body. They were, undoubtedly, sisters. The paler of the two though, she reminded her of her Sol when she was younger. Both were beautiful and strong young mares. The one of black and red spoke her name, the word rolling from her velvety lips, and Gossamer knew that she had finally met the firstborn of her daughter and her daughter's mate. A bright smile broke through the formality of her facade then and she gazed warmly upon the two. "Hello Apprentice Warrior Ktulu and, if I am correct, Ophelia" she says turning to the silvery white one. She looks even more happy for a moment, if such a thing is possible. "If you are the foals of Soleil and Paladin then that makes you my grandfoals. You are both the first grandfoals I've met." she finishes in a warm, motherly sort of voice. These two were going to hold a special place in her heart for it seemed as if she would like them.

Her mood is brightened for a bit and, momentarily able to ignore the heat, she mulls over her grandfoals. As she does this Lazulli, who was catching up from a hunt, flies down from the sky to chirrup a hello at them happily before going over to land upon the back of the paler one and snuggle up on her back. Lazulli had always been fond of family members and the foals of his bonded, for little ones were greatly cherished by the dragons. The fact that these two were not so little did not miff him in the least. She smiles at her bonded's warmness and returns her quiet gaze to the two. The darker one seemed to have a darker carriage, but she is fire and strength- she would do greatly in life. The lighter one, dipped in blood, seemed to look a little lonely, but held the sweetness her mother had held at the same age. Both were certainly proud and wonderful specimens and she could not have been any more proud of her little filly at that moment. Soleil had become a wonderful mare and, clearly, an even better mother. But, alas, her reverie was broken by the arrival of Kri to lead them to the center lake. She pulls herself back to her formal self and speaks in a reserved, but warm tone, "Greetings, Lead Kri the Resolute." she finishes with a deep dip of her head.

Once there, the dampened pearl takes a deep gulp of water, sating her thirst for the time being, before looking over to the proud leader. Around her, the others seem to be settling in as well as a horse can in this wretched heat. She begins in a strong, but kind and warm voice, "Thank you for offering us your water and relief in this heat." Gossamer turns then to her purpose, speaking more formally, but her voice never losing its kind lilt, " I would not wish to take up more of your time than is needed so I shall move straight to the purpose of this visit. Smoke and I have come here today to discuss the possibility of a direct alliance or treaty because, while we are united by our friend Mirage, we haven't yet really discussed anything directly. I would like to apologize for my poor choice of words upon our first meeting and promise you that I shall try my very hardest to choose better ones this time." she finishes with a smile. The ending tone being somewhat lighter than the rest. It was certainly not a joke, but just a bit to try and loosen up the meeting a little. She really hoped the strong lead mare would accept to negotiate something for an alliance would be good, just as good as patching things up with the mare from their first meeting.

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
As foreseen, it was Azzuen who made an approach first. Dark eyes lifted to observe the broad winged stallion's approach, a flicker of a smile crossing her features as Zaffre trilled a greeting in return. But the grulla stayed silent even when he spoke, allowing Gossamer to practice her own diplomacy. Instead, she watched with a polite bow of her head.

Next were two more, also familiar figures. Ktulu and Ophelia, unmistakable for one so familiar with their parents. And grandparents, needless to say. Last was Kri, who settled amongst their numbers with quiet ease. Both she and Ophelia were greeted as Azzuen had been by Zaffre, bright trills that sang his delight in being acknowledged. If Kri got a tune a bit more complicated than the young mare, she had earned it. In his eyes, anyway.

With quiet gratitude she followed the Resolute to the oasis of the Throat, maw bending to drink a deep draught of the cold water. An ear was tipped to listen to Gossamer as she spoke political niceties, amusement swirling beneath her silence even as she lifted her dripping muzzle from the cool waters. Zaffre had chosen to take a short dip himself, and now sprawled his still damp figure across her back. The moisture would evaporate quickly, but was welcome nonetheless.

"I'll admit to not informing Gossamer of my support of you and the Tuuli as an outcast band." She spoke to Kri, offering a small smile. "But a formalization of it between us with you now in control of a herd and all levels of Foothills leadership... would be beneficial for all." Then she glanced to Gossamer, wondering how the pale mare would take learning of a pre-existing alliance that she had not been informed of.

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
With some pleasure Azzuen saw his presence reinforced by the appearance of the young warrior, Ktulu, and his sister, the newest Sleuth of the herd, Ophelia. He was annoyed that he hadn't the energy in this heat to give Ktulu the type of formal training and attention she deserved and needed, but he was hoping that, with the ongoing drought, would-be invaders were also waiting until the Sun's reign had diminished before thinking about encroaching upon their lands. That wasn't to say that all security had been thrown out the window - quite the opposite - but Azzuen made a mental note to call all of the warriors together in the near future, so that they might be able to set up an apprentice-like system, and also pair up warriors for patrols… But that was for another time. For now, he had to focus upon these visitors.

Kri arrived, and as always Azzuen's crown bowed the respective depth to the silver dappled dame, always willing to show his loyalty and obedience for the Resolute one who had aided him in securing a home, and allowing his family to grow and prosper. The dragons present amused him, he had never appreciated the bond that could exist between equine and dragon before being in an alliance with them before, as well as seeing Onni bond to her delightful finch friend. He listened as Gossamer explained the blood ties between herself and the two horned ones, confirming once again what Azzuen already knew - that they were hybrids, a fact that he had detected when he first met Ktulu at the Endless Blue. A small smile crossed his lips as he reminisced a moment on that fun, speedy chase across the sands, but it soon returned to a business façade.

He noted the curious manner in which his leader greeted the two mares of rank from the Foothills, himself also having been familiar with Smoke due to their alliance, and he was interested to note the admittance that Smoke had not divulged the alliance that already existed between the Tuuli and the Foothills to her superior. Azzuen made it his daily mission to report anything to Kri that he felt she should know; miscommunication was the major weakness of most relationships, he knew from personal experience just how badly a wrongly interpreted action or word could effect an otherwise oblivious mind. It was a weakness in a herd exposed in good company, and Azzuen was glad that it wasn't his herd the weakness laid in. A fleeting glance was given to Kri, he figured she would be perceptive enough to guess his thoughts on the matter, before he returned his attention to the company.

"The Throat would be glad to offer you its strength whenever it is needed." He spoke of his soldiers when he spoke of strength, for he was a militant, and he had faith in his Soldiers' abilities to extend their protection to another land if they were ever called to. "I think it would be beneficial to host spars and training days between our ranks, on both herdlands, to better familiarise ourselves with our allies grounds, should our presence ever be warranted." He commented, but also posed the comment as a gentle inquiry, seeking approval from the one who held superiority over him, and agreement from the leaders of the Foothills before him.