the Rift

The New Girl In Town; Psyche, Open

Clover Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The air was a shivering cold that hovered across the Basin. The Tallsun weather didn’t even seem to affect the environment around here. As there was no grass or green leaves, only snow and bare trees. The sun was showing and carrying light to the earth below it, but the snow never even melted a flake. The winds blew in a harsh way, like a blizzard, but with a sun shining among it. As the sun lit up the land, the unicorns of the Basin began to wake and this land would be covered with colorful pelts of the majestic kind.

My white coat shone with excitement, as it was my first day in the Aurora Basin. Arah was right, the land was colder than I am use too, but it was so beautiful, so lovely. Arah! Where was she? I had really become attached to her since she was like a second mother to me, but she would never be able to take over my real mother. Arah had brought me to the amazing place and had cared for me even if I was a little too old, she cared about me. But, what about Skylark? Would I even see him ever again? Of course I would, maybe. Though I had said goodbye, didn’t mean goodbye forever. These here in the Basin though, they were unicorns and didn’t care at all about the hornless. Would they accept if i saw him again? I shook my dome, chasing the thoughts out of my head. I looked around, no unicorns where in sight.

I searched for Arah and then Psyche, but knew nothing about her, only the fact that she was the leader of the Basin. My hard hooves hit the soft snow and then sunk to the ground below. My shadow casted across the land and then disappeared as they faded into other shadows. I watched as the sun peaked over the mountains and the tree tops. I walked along and then found hoof prints of the unicorns. ”Finally.” I say quietly. ”Maybe Arah is here somewhere! I started to look around at my surroundings, before too long, I caught glimpses of the others. As I walked, a small neigh ran off the edge of my tongue.

---

Clover is moving.

"Clover is talking."

Clover is thinking.

---

ooc: You're growing up too fast Clo! x3
word count: 379

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

The morning was bright, and the breeze was swift as it swept through the land of the unicorns. Although the sun was high in the sky, its warmth did not quite reach the Basin as it did the rest of Helovia, though one might feel its comforting rays upon their backs if they stood long enough.

It was not a time of day that Mesec found himself enjoying as much as he did the night. The night was calm and comforting, and the young colt didn't quite understand why some feared it, preferring the daylight. He felt most at peace in the dark of the night, cradled ever so gently by the arms of the moon's rays. His mother was watching over him from her throne in the sky, and although they'd only one encounter since his arrival to the Basin, it was enough to prove that she hadn't come to loathe him.

The sound of a whinny caught his ears, and from where he stood near the treeline of mighty pines, he spotted the culprit. A pale colored mare, older than himself, but not quite grown yet. Try as he might, he could not recall seeing her around before, for her oddly colored mane and tail would be impossible to forget. She seemed eager to get to the rest of the herd, almost looking the epitome of happy as she surged onward.

For a moment, Mesec wondered what the filly's mindset might be like. Was she racist against those that were not unicorns, like his father? If he called out to her, would she turn away in disgust at the sight of him? Deciding that he would take his chances, the colt lifted his head and let loose a gentle, unsure call to the pale maiden, beckoning for her attention. It was only then that Mesec moved from his spot, braving to close the distance between them, no matter the worries running through his young mind.

"blah blah blah."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.

The shadow-mare had tried very hard not to think of d'Artagnan's winged colt. Truth be told, the sight of him repulsed her, a mess of feathers and horn and darkness and shining white, and though she might have cast him out were it only the Goddess of the Moon that was related to him - for what good had that old hag done them, turning her back on them and allowing the Qian to throw them out of their home? - the hybrid was the Doctor's son, and the shade dared not offend the stallion. But she did not want him here, this feathered monstrosity, the offspring of that goddess that she might once have claimed as her own. Blood will tell, they say, and his blood was particularly traitorous in the Empress' eyes. Perhaps he would leave of his own accord when he came of age to do so. In the meantime, she would not be cruel to the colt of one of her most trusted advisers, but neither would she be kind.

That morning had dawned bright and windy, cool for Tallsun. Although the Basin was generally much colder than the rest of Helovia, its summer was remarkably warmer than the winter had been, and to the Lady, summertime was hot. Her pelt, adapted into a thick layer of fur all over her body, kept her comfortable even in the tundra. For some of their newer members, the rays of this early morning sun would not warm them, and the gusts of wind blowing down from them mountains would cut to the bone. For Psyche, it was simply another comfortable, if mildly chilly, day. She emerged from the cavern that she had taken as her own, blinking in the sudden brightness. She much preferred the night, but in order to keep her herd safe and orderly, she had faced the necessity of adapting to their sleeping schedules. And so here she was.

A pale pelt decorated by a green-tinged banner caught her attention. This one was new, and likely to be thinking that the land was a bit cooler than she had expected. A soft call was heard - the Lady of the Basin was too far to hear the words that sprouted from the youngster's maw - and was answered by a hesitant whinny from the very colt that she had been thinking of. Distaste flooded her mind, disgust showing briefly on her maw, but she swallowed the emotion and made her way forward all the same. She may as well introduce herself to the young fae. Besides, what better way to get to know the flicka, to see if she would be turned to the Plague's cause, than to watch her interact with the hybrid? Pistons pushed ebony bodice into an easy, ground-covering trot, and in moments she appeared beside the young femme, casting barely a glance to Mesec.

"Good morning, darling," she greeted the youngling with a smile. It was too sweet, almost poisonously so, welcoming in a way that might remind one of the beauty of the Venus fly trap before it devours its prey. "I don't believe that we have met. I am Psyche the Dark Empress. Welcome to my home."

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Watching the young filly enter the basin for the first time, Arah could see that she seemed rather scared. She was glancing around looking for company...probably looking for her. Arah by a general rule was not good with younger horses. She wasn't a mother and she wasn't sure how their brains worked. This young filly that she had recruited needed her though. When a young colt called out to Clover, Arah felt uneasy. So she decided to go down and, while she would tell the filly off, she was hoping her presence would scare off any unwanted attention. She didn't mind if Clover made friends, she just didn't want any trouble. She started a casual decent down as if she didn't really care about much, holding her self haughtily.

But then their leader entered the scene and Arah stumbled. She rushed over to the filly's side, 'Please don't let the idiot child speak'. She slowled down her run to a walk when she came close to the party of three and stopped at Clovers side then she tilted her head in greeting and respect. "Psyche, this is Clover. I just recruited her." Arah said quickly. She hoped Psyche remembered her from when she volunteered as a phantom. Then out of the corner of her mouth she whispered to the filly. "I thought I told you to stick with me?" She asked the young filly, disappointment clear in her voice. "Did I leave that bit out?" Her tones where colder than usual.

Looking back at Psyche, she waited for the mare to give her verdict. Then she actually got sight of the colt. He was a hybrid. Arah's face turned sour. Typical the one first recruit she brings back to the basin makes friends with...the wrong kind. In front of their racist leader.
The whole thing was a bloody joke!

Turning her head away from the colt Arah shifted so the filly behind her. "She is yet to become...aware, of our status and how to up hold it." She shot at narrowed glance at Clover. The filly was more trouble than her worth. "She will either learn quickly or she will...well, you know." Arah said desperately trying to salvage the situation. She had entered the basin as a non racist unicorn, now it felt she was becoming more so with every passing minute. She just had to hope that she worked some magic, The Basin needed new members.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes;
Words; 411
Tag; Clover, Mesec, Psyche and Open

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Unregistered

Clover looked over to see what had responded to her and smiled to see it was a colt, not to long behind her in age. She noticed that he had a nice pair of wings that went along with the color of his body, dark with a shining white added to it. He seemed safe to approach but she had no time, before she even took one step a dark mare with beautiful markings came up to her. Clover smiled and looked at her. Then she saw the teeth and feathers in her mane. Where did she get those? Clover wondered, staring at the mares mane.

Clover felt a cold war shiver down her spine and knew that this was her new home and she had to be respectful to her lovely lady. She dipped her dome in greetings and then bowed before the dark mare. "Lady Psyche, my name is ---“ Before Clover could finish her sentence, Arah jumped beside her and started talking, nonstop. Clover. She finished her sentence inside of her small mind. Clover raised back up, feeling the snow against her long leg that had been settled along the cold ground. As she listened to Arah’s words, her harks pinned hard against the back of her dome. I thought I told you to stick with me? Clover traced the words throughout her head. She flicked her ears back and forth in disagreement. No, you didn't, mother. This, made Clover a bit furious. Arah was nice to her in the Threshold, but was it only to get her to come to the Basin? Did she leave Skylark, all for this? Skylark and her could of stayed together. Although, this was probably for the best.

Clover chased the thoughts out of her. She was home, and she would have to stay. As Clover listened to Arah continue to talk, she heard something that seemed… dangerous. She will either learn quickly or she will...well, you know. Arah told Psyche. What was this they were mumbling about? Clover looked at the two unicorns talking to each other, then she caught the glimpse of the colt again. She smiled, hoping he would come over to her. She needed another friend that was about her age.

---

Clover is moving.

"Clover is talking."

Clover is thinking.

---

ooc: Two words behind my last post. o.o
word count: 377

Regret was the first thing that Mesec felt as he drew closer to quickly growing group. Before the green maned mare could even hardly respond to him, the Dark Empress herself had shown up, her amber eyes seeming to glow as she passed him by. He was hardly spared a glance by the Basin leader, and while it came as no surprise to the colt, it did nothing to soften the fact.

Mesec had drawn to a stop several yards from the two of them without another word, unsure if he should even bother now. Like flies they were gathering, as another came rushing up to the meeting, seeming more worried about getting the green maned mare's name out before she herself could. It was enough to make the colt's ears flicker back in distaste, and much to his joy, he witnessed the young mare's own display of annoyance. Clover was her name, and the colt did well to tuck the name away in the depths of his memory.

The pale, nameless mare baring the strangest set of horns, continued to talk, this time seeming to warn Clover that something awful might happen if she did not change soon. As far as Mesec could remember, the Basin was a land of both racist and non-racist unicorns; so long as one bore a horn upon their heads, they were allowed, with the only exception being slaves, prisoners, or somebody like himself.

Mesec had never been the most social of the herd, given the circumstances, but he found with every passing second, that there was something unsettling deeper and deeper within his chest. He was angry, annoyed by all of the harsh looks, that Clover was unaware of the Basin's 'status' and that something would become of her if change was not quick to come.

"She does not have to be like you to be accepted," the colt dared to speak, picking his head up as he focused on the antlered mare, his pupiless eyes critical. "I have not heard anyone speak to me like that." Briefly, Mesec wondered if he'd made a mistake by speaking his mind, but it was quickly decided that he'd done well to speak up. Perhaps it would only be this once, or maybe, finally, the colt would no longer stand for the endless looks of hatred and scrutiny.

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

Once, perhaps, the actions of the pale bi-horned mare would not have irritated the shadow-mare, but at that moment, she found herself frowning at the fae's intrusion. She remembered her from the meeting - Arah, her name was, wasn't it? She had offered herself as a phantom, Psyche remembered. The shade wondered if Arah had found Faelene yet to ask for guidance. Or was there nothing better for her to do than babysit? Perhaps it was not the mare herself that the Empress found herself annoyed with, but rather her lack of a job. Still, it was of no importance - Arah took it upon herself to introduce the young Clover. The word choice, too, irked her, and she made a mental note to have a separate discussion with Arah later.

The ivory mistress was not, to her knowledge, a part of her organization, and she grasped desperately at the situation, almost as though seeking her approval. It was not unprecedented - many entered her lands with the thought that they must impress her - but oftentimes it turned out to be those who did not try that she favored. Still, she could not discount the efforts of the mare Arah. After all, if she was bringing recruits to the Basin and, potentially, the Plague, well, she couldn't be all bad. Still, she would need to be put to use sooner rather than later, particularly with the recent upheaval in the Foothills and gods-knew-what-else in the other lands.

She had almost forgotten Mesec's presence (thankfully) when he spoke. Amber eyes, thoughtful when regarding to two femmes, turned cold as her cranium swiveled toward him. She longed to speak against him, to disregard his words as immaterial, but to her chagrin he spoke the truth. Her lips tightened into a thin line as she considered her next words. She tilted her head slightly to the side in thought. "The colt speaks truly," she said finally, refusing him his name in a voice laced with poison. She turned back to Arah. "Not all here share the same beliefs," she informed the pair before her. "But all those with a horn upon their brow are welcome. It is the choice of the herd that we allow strictly our own species."

Again, cold orange globes found the demi-god. "Mesec is the son of d'Artagnan, our Time Mender," she added as way of explanation for his presence. She paused, considering the colt in silence before again returning to ignoring him. "Clover, darling," she said conversationally, her vocals shifting from their cool tone to one much more welcoming. "Tell me, what would you like to do in our herd? We have many options, particularly for one so young and impressionable as yourself."

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Arah hoped that Clover had understood that she was only trying to protect her. As a young filly, Arah had dug her way into holes with her words. She hoped that by interrupting Clovers sentence, she stopped the young filly from doing any damage. She frowned as the young colt spoke to her, pointing out her rudeness. Yes, I was actually quite rude.' Too late now the damage was done. 'Ironic, you should have just let the filly speak. You did more damage then what she could have.' Arah sighed and spared the colt a glance before looking back over to Psyche. "Yes, you are both right." Arah said softly. She backed away, letting Clover been seen again. "Please, everyone," another glance to the colt so he new that he was included in her apology. "Forgive my rudeness, it was not my time to speak." She dipped her head in Psyche's direction,as a sign of respect "I meant no disrespect Lady Psyche." Then Arah turned to the colt. "Thank you, as well. For pulling me up short. I am also still young in many ways." Then a soft smile for Clover, hoping the young filly could see how sorry she was.

Then she moved to behind Clover and shut her mouth. Dug holes as a filly, still did as a mare. To strangers she was very smooth with the tongue, always polite always smiling. That was, after all, how she'd gotten so many people to come to The Basin. It was a talent, her mother had told her. Talented in twisting her words. Under her leader's gaze though, she became a babbling idiot. She had to remind herself that everyone made mistakes even though she felt quite hot and was rather embarrassed. She stared straight at Psyche listening to her greeting Clover. She would have to speak to Clover privately when all this was done and apologise profusely. It was even more embarrassing because she wasn't actually racist. However as her mother always said, learn from your mistakes and move on. Don't linger on them or you will make them again. Arah, still had the feeling that Psyche would have something to say to her after that show however. She hoped that she hadn't lost her position, or worse yet what little respect she may actually have had.

She waited for Clover to make up her mind, eyes looking over their strange little group. Sighing softy she waited for one of two things; another verbal reminder of her manners or being pulled aside by someone and receiving another verbal bashing, only this time in private.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Arah hates messing up xD
Words; 438

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e ne

So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left.

Faelene sensed the disturbance. Small, and not exactly a crisis, but it was enough to capture her attention. A new filly named Clover silently acknowledged by Mesec, greeted by Psyche, and the new Arah who had volunteered to be in her line of work. Faelene's black ears hung forward, delicately trying to catch the conversation they were having. The red maned had always wondered how the Dark Empress handled the presence of the winged and horned colt of the Godess in their lands. The Thief had suspicions it was because he was d'art's child he was granted immunity rather than the Godess of darkness and wind. The boy himself she had not spoken to, he had come and gone as if made of the night sky itself. Being a demi-god it wouldn't surprise Faelene if it was true. No matter how interesting he was, how that curious yearning poked at her to merely speak with the boy, she was much more interested in chatting with white antlered fae. By her play of words, it seemed a good time to introduce herself. Now that she had a bit of better understanding who Arah was, what she thought, and what she might be capable of. A long way to go, it didn't mean she lacked potential. Faelene did wonder now and then how drastic she had changed, how her life had to be who she was now. The red maned was wise, and knew that was only because of what she was made of, and how stubborn she was at believing in the damnedest things.

Pulling from the shadows of the forest, since she tried not to be completely invisible in the presence of her brethren respecting their privacy, her forelimbs worked her into the sunlight before the small gathering. They would likely see her like a black splotch among the green. There was a more noticeable change to her appearance,forever she would sport not a pure red forelock, but one dipped in snow white, just beneath her curved horn. It fell in short waves down her snout, almost reaching her nostrils. Silver eyes passed from each with a faint interest gleaming in her large dark pupils. A moment longer upon the white blazed mare as if quiet thoughts could be exchanged with her Lady. With an arched neck the Thief dipped her head in greeting to the Empress. Offering the boy, and filly a fairly friendly glimpse."Mesec, and Clover hmm, I'm Faelene and have not had the pleasure of meeting you." There was no artificial sweetness, as her voice was soft without adding it on to thick. Neither were Faelene's eyes were not cold today, nor was her face a black, empty canvas. In fact she was in a good mood all things considered. She brought herself to somewhat stand to the side of Psyche, across from the antlered mare. It was strange to be the tallest among them, but she did not tower above. She kept her nape lowered, where she liked to keep it. Now an almost face to face with the new Phantom she took in her appearance before a single blink. Arah's golden eyes was the most interesting feature about her. Faelene had a best kept secret, she did not like to think of gold eyes. Many make that mistake Arah, and you can do well to correct them. But, I was actually hoping to talk to you. Unless you wish to stay?" Faelene briefly eyes the Dark Empress, giving her a moment to add something, disagree or encouage and for Arah to make a decision.

ooc:we can have a private thread if you would like Frostie. Up to you.
[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Unregistered

The little mare watched as the group got bigger. The colt had decided to come over and talk to the lady, a little. Clover saw a new mare soon arrive with pride. She was the opposite of the color of her, a dark black mare with bloody red hair. Although her colors were dark, she was a beautiful one. All the ladies here right now were right out beautiful. Clover looked at Arah as she apologized for her encounter on her and the dark mare. She smiled at the white mare and dipped her in acceptance. Her day was going great until Psyche asked her what position she wanted to serve for the beloved Basin. Well Clover, you would make a great stealer. Clover knew she would have to think about this for a long time.

Clover looked toward Mesec, smiling at the young colt. ”Hello Mesec, I’m Clover.” She looked at the small horned stallion. She looked back to the group, then caught the glimpse of Arah out the corner of her pearls. Clover tilted her dome to the side and looked behind her at the white mare. Arah had moved back behind Clover now and was silent, not a word leaping out of her mouth. Hmm, what has gotten into you? This made Clover chuckle a little inside. What was wrong with Arah? She looked like she was afraid of Psyche, afraid she was going to be kicked out of the herd. Clover looked back at the dark mare with the red mane. Ah, Faelene. Makes you seem even more beautiful. She smiled and locked her pearls to the mare’s firm body. ”Beautiful name ma’am.” Clover dipped her dome toward the dark mare then looked back to Psyche. She couldn’t figure out if she wanted to stay as just a citizen or be a stealer. She smiled thinking about all of them horses she could steal. And Skylark. She could steal him too, if she wanted. Clover shook her head, looking back at the black mare that stood before her. ”Is there a place for a stealer, Lady Psyche?” She looked deep into the dark eyes, thoughts racing through her excited little mind.

---

Clover is moving.

"Clover is talking."

Clover is thinking.

---

ooc: Blah. o.o
word count: 366

For a moment, the thickness of the air intensified, and all was quiet. The Empress had turned her cold eyes of death upon him, and much to his delight, he was able to hold the look. There was almost a challenge in those silvery eyes of his, but honestly, Mesec wasn't sure what he would do should Psyche turn and try anything. Luckily, she didn't, instead saying that he spoke the truth.

Taking a deep breath, the colt relaxed, his exhale coming out in wisps against the cool of the Basin morning. Listening to Psyche as she continued on, explaining the differences in beliefs, Mesec felt the corners of his lips twitch in a grin as she mentioned that strictly unicorns were to live within the boundaries of the Basin. He remained quiet, however, perfectly content with listening until yet another voice sounded.

Turning his head, Mesec looked upon a red maned mare, her body a myriad of blacks and greys. He had seen her before in passing, just like most of the rest of the herd, yet he had never spoken with her until now. She looked kind enough, regarding the filly called Clover and himself with a gentle, almost tired look. The colt bent at his nape, a silent greeting of sorts, before he spoke a simple, "Hello," and quieted once more.

It was obvious that the older mares were more focused on the newer members of the herd, and while he understood, Mesec couldn't help but feel deflated. He'd simply wanted to speak with the mare marked in green, yet the whole thing had turned into something much more. Although he was still much younger than her, Clover was closer in age to him than most in the Basin. Breathing a sigh, the demigod cast a look to the young mare before he turned, adjusting his wings closely to his sides before he turned, slipping away from the mingling group.

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

The Dark Empress had come to know the give-and-take that was leadership, and so when the pale Arah backed away, voicing and apology, she, too, spoke. "You are eager, Arah, and that is a trait that will be well-used here." There was something regal in the way she spoke, her crown held high and her orbs holding a look almost like that which a teacher gives the pupil that has spoken out of turn. She was not angry, it would seem; rather, she was trying to teach the younger mare the ways of diplomacy. It was particularly ironic that such a skill was new to her, as well, though she had quickly come to understand the ins and outs.

Faelene appeared then, and the Lady greeted her Thief with a nod and a brief smile. They had gotten along splendidly since their arrival in the Basin, and the shadow-mare had come to treasure the red-maned's quick intelligence and understanding. She offered a gentler word to Arah, then invited the pale mare away. She would go far, of that Psyche was sure, once she learned how to approach various situations. And Faelene would be the perfect teacher. Her gaze flickered between Arah, Clover, and Mesec. Both unicorns' manner seemed to have softened toward the colt, and for a moment she cursed herself. He was not welcome here, not by her, and had she her way she would remove him from their lands. But alas, such a thing was not meant to be at present.

Clover spoke next, offering her services as a thief. The shade looked her over, head tilted to one side. It would seem that she was attracted more and more in that line of work of late, but they were still short-handed in healers and traders. It was something that she ought to look into, but that would come later. For now, she smiled at the young fae, and though it was not an entirely true smile, it was not full of venom as it usually was. She liked the young ones. They were easier to corrupt. "My dear, of course we do. In fact, Faelene is just the mare you need to speak with about that. We call them Phantoms here, and she is in charge of those." Mesec was slipping away - And good riddance, she thought - and now she could focus her attention only on Clover.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Arah

It was a blessed relief when Psyche did not appear too upset with Arah. The hybrid, that Clover was coming to the terms of friends with, was slowly backing away. 'Good, one less person I'll continue to insult for the day.' One last apology glance was shot his way, then her eyes where back onto the unicorns. Clover requested to become a Phantom just like her, a soft smile played on her lips. "Oh you've got your work cut out for you little one.'

Arah smiled as Faelene entered the little party, The Thief posed a question and Arah hastened to answer. "We can have a private little chat, that is fine." She smiled at Clover now and then bowed her head towards The Dark Empress. "I guess this is where I leave you both for now." Then she realised that Clover may very well become apart of their 'private' chat. She strode to stand beside Faelene, the mare who's reputation proceeded her. The mare who Arah had come to pretty much worship without even having meet her. One day Arah hoped to be as famous as her, and even get into whatever type of 'good books' Psyche may have. She would follow what Faelene wanted, if the mare wanted to speak to Arah alone that was fine, if Clover wished to join then that was fine as well.

Arah moved to the back of the party so she could still hear the conversation but wasn't much part of it anymore. 'Well then' she thought to herself. 'I guess that means I'll be seeing more of Clover.' She glanced over to the filly. Much more time to apologise to her.'

Notes; Sica, I'm writing a separate post for us now.
Words; 284

Unregistered
[OCC: I'm a bit too busy to reply right now. May y'all skip me? Pretend the others left and Clover is talking to Faelene about a phantom position.]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e ne

So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left.

Mesec changed little, but greeted her no less. She had no idea how hard it was living here as the son of the Moon, but she had always thought d'art would not let any harm fall upon his only son to worry much of the lad. Sadly the filly had the main interest, but she didn't seem to notice much. Being polite to him as if he was no other, and the Unicorns. Right then Faelene decided Clover was both difference in appearance and manners compared to the rest of her aquaintences. Friendly in attitude, and a beautiful greens she had not seen. Faelene offered a grateful smile to the young lady's complimentbut said no more as she appeared to be thinking upon the Lady's question. The red maned was a little surprised she wanted to serve in the same field as she, but would guess that choice might have to do with Arah. So it seemed she wouldn't need to branch off, when Psyche had began to speak the moonchild took his leave. It seemed wrong for him to be the odd one out, but it was probably for the better. Tempted she was to say him, try to include him she didn't see how.

"Yes, we could always use another pair of ears and eyes," she added after Psyche's words. The mare was quiet, thoughtful while she debated. She had no high priority tasks to feel they would need to move their party. They could always use more information, and Faelene wondered if they had what it took. Could they spy without appearing to be? Could they lie, and pretend? "We can talk here. I was only thinking you both need a first test, a mission,"briefly she passed a look to the shadow mare before resting her silver eyes on the two Phantoms. "You think you could both make a friend from the World's Edge?" Letting it sink in, she would further explain but hoped it wouldn't be necessary. Faelene had found coming off as a friend, nice and kind could swiftly get a loose tongue.

ooc:I'm sorry guys I did not know it was my turn, and then I could not get a good post. But here <3
[Image: faeleneicon.png]