the Rift

saving my lost princess[Rescue]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

It all began in my slumber, something was tugging me... pulling me. I awoke with a start, sensing something was wrong. I ignored it for several weeks, but now, now it seemed to scream at me. In a flash I rise to my hooves, trotting away from my home in the Dragon's Throat. Strange, it seemed as though I wasn't the one moving my legs. It was something else. Maybe the gods wanted me to come here? No, I was worthless to them.

I trot along, shaking my head. Why was I going this way? My grey hooves give the earth a good slap as I break into a swift canter. I snap open my wings, beginning to fly. I soar through the skies for quite a while now, heading towards the Foothills. But why? I flick my pale ears back, ignoring my questions for now. I angle my wings, swooping down. It was the dead of night, the moon high in the starry sky. Would anyone be awake at a time like this? Slowly I pick my way through the area, my nostrils flaring. All I wanted to do was pass through. Until, I catch a scent. A familiar one. I instantly know who it is.

Delinne.

My darling Delinne, where was she?! Now in a panicky state, I can feel my legs trembling. I tuck my wings at my sides, trying to balance myself out. I creep along, my neck stuck out. I was going to try and find Delinne, and take her away from this awful place. I see a cave and instantly rush towards it. I can sense Delinne's presence by now. I peer inside, stepping closer to the mouth of the cave. I'm able to spot Delinne's familiar figure, or, somewhat familiar. I can't see very clearly, but it looks like she's gotten bigger. Much bigger. I'm confused on how the heck she got so big over the past few weeks.

Alright Azzaron, put your butt in gear and get her out of here! I step inside the cave, trying to step silently into the cave. I slowly make my way to Delinne, nudging her with my nose. "Delinne, Delinne..." I sigh, waiting for her to wake up. While she lays there, I slowly make my way around the cave, checking for any guards. I knew I had to use my magic at some point tonight. Whether it be used on a horse or a plant, I would do anything to save Delinne from this wretched place. I glance back at Delinne, my fiery orbs tracing her figure. She was so... sweet. It seemed horrible that someone decided to take her away. Now... how in the world am I supposed to get her out of this place safely?

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Azzaron is rescuing Delinne. <3

word count: 463

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Black. Purple. Red. Blue. Even a glimpse of cream. It went by fast, too fast. What kind of dream was this? Constellations. Her mother. Greyskie. Where was Greyskie?
"Mother! Mother, where are you?" She looked to her right, finding the thin mare smiling at her. Her black pelt was black with blue stars all over, making her glitter in the strange light. Two glowing, blue orbs watched her - observed her.
"Mother! I found you!" Happiness. Greyskie disappeared with a quiet moan, and the flashes of colors went by. Same colors again.
Black. Purple. Red. Blue. Cream.
She ran. Something was chasing her.
"MOTHER!" She screamed, hearing at the same time how her voice change from a little filly's voice to a grown mare's.

She was all grown up.

Flashes flew by her eyes and she tried to capture them. Suddenly, all of the colors flew into her, disappearing into her fat belly. Her mother appeared in front of her again, smiling at her. Looking at her belly.
"Delinne... You're all grown up. And you're pregnant." The smile widened. She seemed proud. Proud over her one and only daughter.
Mother had died too soon. She had never learned her mother's ways, her mother's behavior or thoughts. She missed her.
"Delinne... Delinne....."
And she was gone, disappearing as the sudden wind took her away, piece by piece. She was alone.

All alone again.

"Mother!" She woke up by the fact that she screamed, which turned out to be just a quiet whisper into the empty night.
Delinne looked around in the dark cave, and then looked at her belly. It moved a little. No, not it.
Her foal moved. It was soon time for her little foal to come out into the heat of the summernight, but not yet. Not quite yet.
Blue pools searched the area for anything alive, and quickly stopped at one point. A winged palomino - or it looked like a palomino - stood not far away from her in the darkness, observing the surroundings.
Azzaron?

"Azzaron... Is that you?" It could be her mind pulling a trick on her, an illusion. He would probably disappear soon enough.
But no. She blinked a few times, and he was still there. Had he really come for her?
"Azzaron," the mare whispered and observed him. It had to be him.
"Watch out for Insanity..."
Her quiet sentence could mean anything, but she meant the black mare who had stolen her in the first place.

Her wish was about to come true. She was going to be free.

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: :3 a bit confusing, but yeah... xD
word count: 428
DELINNE
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Deceased
Dark

"Mother?"

Confused words slip out of Delinne's mouth as I searched. I turn to her, smiling. It was so good to see her again, her blue pools focused on my red orbs. "Delinne, come on. I'm gonna get you out of here." I stare at her bloated stomach for a moment, seeing it move slightly. I shake my elegant head, thinking it's all a trick. "Come on, before someone catches us." I nudge her to her feet, glancing back as she said more words.

"Watch out for Insanity."

I tilt my head, wondering what she meant. Insanity as in, mental insanity or a horse named insanity? I sigh, deciding it didn't matter. Instead I throw my wing over her back and begin to walk. I turn to her, opening my maw to speak. "How fast do you think you can run?" I glance around once we stood at the mouth of the cave, making sure there weren't any horses there to attack us. Maybe things would go smoothly and we'd be able to get away without a horse attacking us or anything? No, doubt it. We'd probably be attacked any minute now. I keep my gray hooves stationary for a moment, shifting my fiery gaze to Delinne. "I don't want you fighting anyone if they come, alright? You might end up getting hurt." I didn't want to be mean, but in the condition she's in, she wouldn't stand a chance. I was going to protect Delinne with all my life. I walk forward, making sure Delinne was following me every step of the way.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: <3

word count: 264

When your crowns break."

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

The mind was a heavy thing, wrought in confusion even at the best of times. Her heart raced against the grains of sanity and veered into a headlong rush of vague belonging. Was that what she felt? Belonging? She had been accepted amongst the ranks of the Foothills and now she was striving forward with the best of them, perhaps a little quicker than she previously thought safe. Her legs worked gracefully beneath her, parting the waves of grass as she went along the borders searching for something, though she knew not what. Her lips quivered against the effort and eyes of elaborate mauve laced that tranquil vision along the path before her. It seemed that she could see as much in her future as she saw now, the stretch of horizon looming large and unknown. Perhaps she was ready for whatever came from the heavens to scribe her story, share her secrets with ingenuous victims.

Beneath her toes, the dry dirt seemed to spread outward and expand for her girth. She had seen things inherent of more beauty but she believed the best of her new home despite the lack of knowing who led her. His absence was unexplained but she held no opinion of it. Life was trying at best and all could be forgiven. She felt as if she learned to grow comfortable with his lands before meeting the lad himself, she might just recognize his presence to be something of undeniable worth. However, her thoughts were smattered with the coming of conversation and she took to the tree line in order to grasp the intent behind heated whispers. Two creatures stole the stage before her and their lime light spoke of something sinister. Her parted lips defied her as she moved forth, grasping at the meaning of the line “I don’t want you fighting anyone if they come, alright?” It was enough to stir her spirits enough to laugh heartily at their exchange.

You my dear wear the strangest of coats, beautiful if I might add, though not something I would adorn myself. It’s far too… eccentric.” Her smile was unmistakable despite the tension that grew heavy between them but it did not keep her from moving closer, crowding the two creatures with her mere proximity. “Ailith of the Foothills… and if I’m not mistaken, your presence here is required.” She turned to the stallion, her eyes cutting daggers between them. The wings upon his back made her cringe and the smile she wore had all but disappeared. Even the mare was graced with bone upon her brow and the sight was enough to make her stomach churn. She was aware of the possibility that there were creatures in The Foothills with similar attributes but her dedication to the land was enough to make her overlook them.

Mother and son? Do I guess correctly?” Another placid smile as she swung onto her haunches displaying her lack of compassion for their “threat.” She knew that no matter where the conversation headed, she had nothing but uncertainty to face. She wondered for a moment what lie beyond the soil beneath her heels. She did not fear the idea of death but only the idea that she would leave this life without achieving whatever it was that she felt was so necessary in this life. “I suggest you see yourself out child before I have to do it for you. She’s not leaving. … Besides, what business would the Throat have with her return to the Wilds?” She posed a great question, one that would undermine the stallion’s presence here. He stunk of the sun and dirt and while she had no quarrels with the Throat itself, she wasn’t quite sure that this golden representation of their ranks had any right to be here. “Family or not we’ve done nothing to harm her existence so leave… NOW.

Her tongue was venomous and she no longer hid behind the subtleties of courtesy. This was her home, her land in which to protect should the need arise. Her ears had lain back upon her tender skull and her eyes swam with furious waves of confidence. She was certainly not one that would be easily deterred and to attempt such would only wage the war she had initiated at their feet. Did they really want to suffer the consequences? Why not wait it out? After all, this mare’s servitude was not one that would be long desired.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
And up we go.
The mare groaned quietly as she got up on her four legs, feeling the foal inside of her move into a more comfortable position. How would she be able to run away? Without getting noticed?
"I don't want you fighting anyone if they come, alright? You might end up getting hurt." The mare looked at the pegasus, slightly raisin' a brow. Did he think that she was unable to fight just because of her belly?
Sure, she didn't want the foal to get hurt, but still. She could defend herself.

A stranger's voice disturbed their conversation and Delinne stared at the mare coming out of the shadows. Who was she to speak?
"You my dear wear the strangest of coats..." Was that a compliment? The black mare snorted and stared at her. An equine. And she wasn't required anywhere.
She was tired of this place, tired of no explanation. No one had ever told her why she was a prisoner.

"Mother and son? Do I guess correctly?" Did she look old to this equine? Did she look like the mother of a palomino pegasus?
"You're wrong, my dear." Her fuse was getting shorter, as it had during her time in this dark cave. It was almost time for the bomb inside to explode.
When the mare started to speak to Azzaron and demanding him to leave, it burst.
"I do not wish to be here, and no explanation has been given to me either. What purpose do I have here except for being a sad and pregnant mare in a dark cave?!"

Fuck. Delinne glanced at Azzaron and tried to read his emotions. How would he react? She hadn't told him at all about her being pregnant, but once you thought about it; They hadn't met since the Grove. And that was a while ago.
Shit...
She turned her gaze to the equine again, observing her with orbs as dark as the night sky above them.

"A stallion coming to pick up his pregnant mate isn't weird, right, my dear?" She used the two last words just to fuck with the mare, stomping on her nerves. Delinne was pissed.
And she would show it, dammit. Even if her belly was all fat...

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: >.> I have nothing to do with this *runs away*
word count: 376
DELINNE
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 510065ef6d419]

I n s a n i t y

I had left my pregnant prisoner shortly to go find herbs to sooth my sore throat. I wasn't entirely sure what to use on it, but honey had seemed to do the trick the other times I had felt like this. To get the soothing liquid I had to knock down a bee's nest, which wasn't that bad. It only costed me a couple of stings on my tenebrous flank. They hurt like hell, but the taste and relief the honey gave me was more than worth it.

With my newly found strength I returned a nyctophilian creature under the cover of night to my prisoner. I knew her name was Delinne, but I liked calling her my prisoner; I believe it gave me a sense of inferiority that I yearned for in the herd. As I trotted silently up to the cave where my prisoner should be, I heard numerous horses talking. I wondered what kind of idiot had chosen to come speak to my prisoner without permission, it wasn't as if I had left her for that long.

A mare was confronting my prisoner, and a pegasus stood by Delinne's side. 'The father,' I guessed, moving from the shadows to stand between the new mare and my prisoner. My eyes were closed, my body now unmoving. I knew what I had to do.

"Delinne, you have served your purpose to me. Leave now before I change my mind," I hiss, my body barely visible in the dim glow of the moon. I wasn't going to keep my prisoner here any longer. She had been used to help me fulfill my quest, and so her purpose to me was no longer. I now had no use for the pregnant mare, so the regal thing to do would be to let her go. But I only had so much kindness left in me, my mind could be changed in the blink of an eye.

talk talk talk

Deceased
Dark

I can see another mare. This one belonged to the herd. I could tell.I instantly flick my ears back, agitated. Did she really expect me to leave without Delinne? I snort, not giving a crap about this stupid mare. I stop and spin towards the mare once I hear her words. Do I really look like a child to her?!"Mother and son?! How old do I look to you?!" I can feel anger and rage fill my palomino body, and I'm temped to burn this mare. Was she blind?! I flare my nostrils, agitated. I'm ready to lunge at this stupid mare when Delinne begins to scream out in rage, angered at the mare. I smile, amused. "I love it when you're angry." I give her a nudge before placing a serious expression back on my pale face.

Another dark equine mare comes, and I groan. She belongs to this herd too. Can't they all just go away before I burn the place down?! I sigh, deciding I would put up with these annoying equines for only a little longer. But this coal black mare, she was better. She simply let us leave, and I smile. "Thank you for allowing us to leave peacefully."

I turn away from the others, guiding Delinne away from this grassy place. I hated it, I never wanted to come back to this place. Never ever. It was a shame I didn't burn this stupid place down, it would've been fun to watch it burn. I keep my muzzle against Delinne's neck, leading her away from the black mare and the others. My fiery eyes were focused on the ground, constantly flickering towards Delinne. Would she be okay? I sigh, deciding not to worry. Instead, I focus on leading Delinne to somewhere safe.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Bad post. :/

word count: 300

When your crowns break."