the Rift

|summer| [Onni, Cirrus, any]

Willow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

WILLOW & ERMINE

.arborun lignea .. .mare. ..23 years. .. .16.3 hands.

She comes, slowly, a pace common for a creature like her. The aborun lignea are not prized for their speed, though they can be motivated to quicken, Willow remembers with a faint smile how she bested the others in a race when she had the chill of the Steppe nipping her flanks.

The great hulk of her tree rises and falls with each stride like some bizarre ship rolling on the sea of a horse. With every hoof-fall a shudder rankles up her limbs and causes her leaves to quiver. In the tops of the boughs Ermine has hoisted himself up, unable to rest with all this travel. He doesn't mind however, and chatters happily whenever he spies something of delight to him. Willow laughs delicately with each excited squeal from the small mammal, relishing his happiness.

"We're here," she announces to him, though she speaks loudly with the intentions of anyone else overhearing her. She has stopped at the borders of the Dragon's Throat, or so she believes. She knows little of Helovia still, and is guided more by memory of word than first-hoof experience. She was warned to mind the borders of this land especially however, so she chose to linger back as soon as she recognized the terrain shifting to red sand. She gives her chocolate body a rough shake to settle herself in for a good conversation, cocking a hip casually in the hopes to appear less disarming.

"Dragon's Throat," she calls out kindly, but cautiously. She knows they are on decent terms with the herd based on the intel Jackal gave her, but she will be cautious at behaving too comfortable. "I am Willow, Earth Medic of the Windtossed Foothills, come to seek council with your healer."

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The days were seemingly meshing together. It hadn’t been longer ago when the sea’s shadow could count the days when she had stumbled into Helovia. Even now, she was a fresh face that was undoubtedly mistaken for another’s identity. In meeting a good quantity of characters who called Helovia their home, she had learned quite a lot already from this bizarre world. To her, it was more of like a fairy tale, than anything else. When you are a prisoner in a mortal’s body for two decades of your life, trapped on a world known only to humans, you forget that creatures like her, and anything you can possibly imagine, do exist, somewhere.

She had been invited to call the Foothills her home. The invitation had come from Boltar. She had accepted really because it was the first offer, and her weary ancient bones had been screaming for a rest. She remembered attending a herd meeting, one of many she presumed, but there had been introduced to Willow, her teacher. She had always been one to be of help, and found being a healer’s apprentice would allow her to do just that. Nature was one area she felt a keen sense of awareness with. Also, her sensitivity to all that surrounded her, was a skill she had honed and perfected, almost. Though, she was no fortuneteller and could not read thoughts.

She had inquired to Willow she wished to travel with her and learn whatever there was to learn. It also presented good and intelligent company to converse with, should she desire it, preferring silence more often than not. But more so, she loved wandering and traveling, and at hearing Willows idea to visit all the herd medics and healers, the bloodless canvas was one of the first to offer to travel with her.

By direction and climate change, the opaque unicorn mare had a suspicion they were headed to the Dragon’s Throat. She had not inquired on the specifics of the itinerary, but was allowing Willow to pick and choose their destinations based off of her intel, deciding it best to not meddle where her facts and information were not up-to-date. It was Willow’s announcement that only confirmed to the apprentice, she had been right in her calculations of directions.

She waited silently and slightly to the right of the Foothills Healer. The red sand, of the Throat, soon surrounded them. The heat came with the territory, and though heat did not bother the apprentice, it wouldn’t have been her first choice to call home either. She waited patiently with Willow, feeling the butterflies in her stomach churn and twist. Besides the common grounds that surrounded each herd’s territory, she had tried to venture and explore, but had kept out of territories of other herds. Not in fear, but more out of respect. She was not one for war or battle, or arguments, but if it arose to be necessary, than let it speak at that time and place.

Her sapphire glacier spheres grazed the boundary lines as Willow announced their arrival. With the heat, it was a bit difficult to pay attention and to focus on any living forms for quite a distance, as beads of body perspiration gathered on your pelt and crown. Making it seem as though you had already gone for a short dip in the lake. But with trained vision and focus, NADIRA spotted a moving form, and gently nudged the Foothills’ healer in the direction of new company.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Xylia Posts: N/A
Unregistered

i keep my lips locked tight,
for if i speak the words will keep flowing evermore

The desert air smells of stone and trees and earth, and could it be any more obvious there is clearly something terribly wrong? Has the desert began to grow saplings? Tell me it's not growing into a forest, for the gods' sake. I'm not sure if I could handle it if the desert grew thick-trunked trees and leaves that outcasted the smiling golden sun. Yet then it becomes startlingly clear, and I shake my head, wag my silky muzzle, and hobble along, joints creaking, wings aching. Even the warmth has not alleviated the pain of my joints today!

Several long days have gone past since company, and I can tell this is company, of root and tree and mountain deep. They smell of earth, rich and moist, and of herd, a scent that is strong and whole-heartedly together, and it's a heady scent that carry. I estimate three at first, the arid dust distracting me, before I settle on two, which will surely be a good number. I take another deep inhale, this time looking around for emotions rather than numbers, for it would be a poor idea to go running into an angry couple.

Once that happened to me. Well, twice. An encounter with an angry bear and her two cubs, and Azel locking quarters with another mare, but there's certainly no need to get into that sort of mature subjects for anyone who may steal my memories. Who knows?! Considering I don't know where I live, it wouldn't be surprising if someone was reading my thoughts. Ah, I'm nattering again. Do you want to hear that story about the bear? She was quite a magnificent and terrifying beast, you know.

"Hello," I say, realizing the air has become much stronger with the unfamiliar odor.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

The sadness that plagued my beloved was difficult to ignore, it ran so deep, and felt so permanent, I could not help but walk with my eyes downcast, my ears pinned against my dark skull. Despite the heat of the season bearing down upon us, a constant, gloomy chill seems to follow us around, a misty drizzle that leaves me with an annoyed dampness in my fur, even when the elemental flame ignites along my spine. It has been a handful of days since the passing of one of the most important figures in our lives, and they have all posed similar outlooks; gloom, darkness, depression. I sigh heavily, as I done so often recently, plagued by the sadness myself but willing to move on, if only she would too. Her thoughts never drift far from the event, from when we found he body, lying there, motionless; dead. I try to instil my own images, my own thoughts into the equation, trying to impress upon her the gleaming fire of hope we were shown by the Gods after his death, and the gift they had bestowed upon her.

It was not that I longed for her to forget about him, for that was something that would be impossible, I simply longed for her to accept his death, just as one accepts that sometimes tragedies happen, and they are unexplainable. I wanted the grief to move on, the dark raincloud that hovered ominously both above her and upon her pelt to shift, to reveal the sunny blue skies and bright smiles that I knew existed in there. But it was as stubborn as the belle herself, determined to linger, to damage, to scar so deeply that it would take years to scab over. I held faith that that would not happen, that she would heal sooner; I would ensure it was so.

The scent that tickles my sensitive nostrils causes a pause in my step, my crown lifting to tilt towards our borders, my thoughts shooting a spike of curiosity at my bonded, whether she wanted to hear them or not. I received acknowledgement, at least, in the sense that she too looked at the borders, ears pricked forward, a mild interest shown in events that did not involve moping over and over about the death of her father. It is a strange scent that I detect, one that I have not felt before, one that reminded me of forests, rivers, one that was foreign and yet, also tinged with the sense that it undeniably came from the same globe. A voice softly comes to us then, a call to healers, a gathering for those who would show an interest in the arts that Azzuen had pleaded so ardently we follow. Faith in the healing arts had been lost, a little, as Cirrus had attempted to use the powers bestowed upon her by the lands to heal the dead body of her father - though she did not prevail.

More out of obedience than anything else, she moved towards the sound, towards the gathering that she would have surely found interesting had the darkness of grief not been swallowing her up. I followed, relishing in the change of direction, and tried to initiate a change of pace. I bounded ahead of her, I barked at her - my voice was growing deeper and more powerful with each passing day - and I rejoiced when at least a hint of a smirk tilted the corner of her lips, a spark of amusement flared in the darkness that pervaded our bond. Her slender legs moved, lengthened their stride, trotted towards the borders now, a chilly breeze following us still, but the dampness from the constant drizzle had subsided.

What we found caused both of us to stop in our tracks, and stare, mouths hanging agape like wide, abysmal chasms.

My tongue lolled out of my mouth, a grin curving my mouth as I glanced from the tree-horse and back up to my beloved. The expression on her façade was beautiful as always, but contorted into something that showed surprise, amazement. It was a refreshing change from the sadness that had been there, a pleasant distraction, and I was happy to ride the change in emotion and twist them into a drop of joy. I barked again, to snap her from her reverie, and she hushed me with a glance. Smugly, I leaned against her foreleg again, finding comfort in these emotions that were finally different to the depression we both had been suffering through. Distractions were not a cure, but at least they provided some relief. A distraction with something this unusual was most welcome, for it was so large that thoughts of Azzuen had vanished completely from her mind. I looked at the gathering again, even as my bondmate dips her tiara to them, shuffling her wings uncomfortably, as if she were trying to cover up a stain on the lounge with a blanket.

The weather is breezy, but for once, not unpleasantly so. The sky above and upon my beloved's pelt gleams a clear sky blue, with a hint of white fluffy clouds rimming her barrel. She looks at the one who holds the scent of home, before returning her gaze to the strangers, the outsiders. Foothills, I hear the thought, and tilt my crown sideways. It is a land she has flown over before, but never visited directly, a land that rests at the base of many mountains, where lush rolling plains give ideal environments for a herd to grow and prosper.

And, apparently, the ideal location for a tree to grow on a horse.

I smell the weasel that crawls about the strange creature before I see the flash of red fur, and immediately my eyes are trained to it, naturally I am interested in it, though perhaps for different reasons than my bonded would be. I seem to more readily accept the presence of this equine with her lofty branches, while Cirrus continues to glance upwards at the branches with a sense of worry.

"I'm Cirrus." Her angelic tones present the title with a slightly unsure waver, as if she was uncertain that Cirrus really was her name. "I'm a healer..." She added, even as she dipped her tiara down as if to gain a different perspective on the lignea. "Is there anything I can, uh, do for you?" Unpractised that she was with offering aid or help, she wondered if maybe this creature had come here to seek help in removing the growth that contorted her back so grossly out of proportion. Such a thing was surely beyond her skill range, but perhaps Onni would be able to help more.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
    Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>image by safetylast @ flickr.com</style>

The wave of Azzuen's death had swallowed the land in a mournful state. The vibrant red of the rocks even looked tainted with a dull grey tone, the Dragon's Throat reflecting the loss, as if the General had been plucked from the hearts of all; Cassiopeia, her children, Kri, Midas, and the earth itself. The only face which still shown brightly was the face of Onni. It was not that the mare did not grieve the passing of her mentor's brother, the first friendly face which she had stumbled upon in Helovia, but that she simply did not mourn the way that others might. Tears had fallen unrestricted from her face at the death scene of Azzuen, as the glowing body of Cirrus reminded her ever so poignantly about the attempt she had given to steal Voltaic back from the grips of death itself. The light of the great zephyr, which cleared Azzuen's noble body, was cleansing and healing to the heart of the shaman, and she did not cry since. The sadness had been woven into her heart next to the memory of Voltaic, but she would not mourn for weeks like some.

The depression of the healer was sporadic, clinging to the memories of her passed loved ones, creeping up on her when she least expected tears to fall. Her mood was otherwise in tact, the brightness of her step being returned the next day, ready to lend those heavy of heart some of her self-created sunshine. She follows the call on the wind, summoning the healer of the land. Of course, Onni was quite pleased that Cirrus had undertaken a position as another of the God's chosen medics, and was almost certain the spritely filly would respond first despite her sour disposition since her father's passing, but still, bleached legs pick up their pace and move in the direction of the border, the chirp of a surprised bird following behind her. Lyhty catches up on his small wings, gripping down on her wing and nestling tight between the bend of the appendage and her back, settling in for the short jaunt toward the edge of the desert.

Sky blue eyes fall on figures quite familiar and some quite unusual, but with the same light kindness that extends out from her soul. A pleasant smile riding easily on her lips even as her gaze lingers curiously on the arbor backed mare for an extra second, coming to rest easily upon the face of Cirrus. "Welcome ladies," the shaman says toward the pale mare and the earthen body of the lignea, a strange creature to her eyes, but one that was accepted without too much thought. Glancing over the other side of Cirrus, Onni smiles at the Throat mare she doesn't recognize, and lastly comes toward the hellhound with a cheerful glance. Sitka had been a blessing for Cirrus as of late, and the tobiano would have been much more worried about the young girl were it not for her ever watchful companion.

Extending a muzzle toward the shoulder of the girl painted with a dark cloud which hovers precariously over their heads, Onni greets her friend gently. "I am Onni, shaman of the Dragon's Throat," her voice is light and airy as she turns her focus back on their visitors, strange and beautiful. "What brings you to our home in search of the healers?"
    ""

THIS WON'T END QUIETLY. </style>

Willow Posts: N/A
    Unregistered

WILLOW & ERMINE

.arborun lignea .. .mare. ..23 years. .. .16.3 hands.

The heat of the season is personified here in the Dragon's Throat. Underfoot Willow can almost feel the parched dirt moaning for the respite of rain. As such she is thankful for the permanent shade structure on her backside, as is Ermine. He is lazily lounging in her boughs, feasting on some nuts he'd gathered on their way here. Occasionally the ping of a shell dropping echoes in Willow's ears, causing them to flick back each time.

A touch on her side alerts Willow that Nadira has seen ahead once more. The brown head bobs as green eyes shift to watch the horizon line. Meanwhile Willow remains casually standing, her tree preferring shade to the pale unicorn at her side as well.

The first to arrive is a quiet mare, as Willow soon discovers. She greets them kindly enough, but offers little else. Willow glances sidelong at Nadira, mildly perplexed. Were all those of the Throat this soft spoken? "Good afternoon," Willow greets warmly in return, a smile settling on her lips in the hopes of chasing away whatever fears might be hounding the mare before her. "I am Willow and this is Nadira," she motions towards her apprentice, introducing herself again as she isn't sure the mare heard her previously, and was hoping it might initiate the response of the other mare's name and perhaps title. Willow wanted to assume she was a healer, but her manners could easily be that of a border guard.

Her voice is save for the time being as another draws alongside them. This one is significantly younger, and no less awkward with her words as she spits them out in bits and pieces, nearly questioning herself as she says them. This seems to be less from any deficiencies however, and more due to the awed curiosity directed at Willow's tree. She smiled knowingly, dipping her head in respectful greeting to the healer. "Hello Cirrus, a pleasure to meet you. I'm Willow, a lignea," she winks then with a knowing glint her eye, before continuing, "healer of the Windtossed Foothills. I'm joined by my apprentice Nadira. We seek nothing directly from you, but appreciate the cordial offer."

By this time Onni has arrived as well, likely hearing most if not all of what Willow had thus far said. Her attentions shifts to the splotch-marked pegasus, again her head arching in a welcoming bow. The newest arrival seems most capable and so Willow sets the brunt of her focus on Onni. From her backside Ermine has finished his meal and struts between her ears, glancing down warily at the hellhound, chattering softly at it in what seemed a teasing type of tone. The stoat's attention shifted drastically however once he caught sight of the songbird. He settled back further on his haunches, beady eyes intently watching each movement of the small avian. Whether it was hunger or playfullness, it didn't seem clear. Willow bade him to behave with a burst of orange flaring across their mental link, his ranging emotions proving a distraction to her as she tried to speak clearly with the gathered Throat healers.

"I've come to extend an invitation to the healers here, as I have been offering to the healers of the other herds as well. I hope we can all gather at the Thistle Meadow by next full moon, to exchange our expertise with one another, and thus improve the healing skill sets in each of us. The art is complex and extensive as you likely well know, and so much yet remains to be learned, but as those of our trade share the spirit of maintaining life, I think we can aid each other as much as possible. Each of us has our own expertise which may drastically assist the unique challenges other healers in other regions face."

Willow finishes with emphasis and pride. She is not cocky necessarily, but she is passionate about her dream in gathering the knowledge of all healers to better assist each other. How many times could a fatality have been avoided if the simple remedy another knew in another place had been shared? There was no reason for them to stand at odds. If any thing the goal of healers overrode the boundaries of their herds.

Nadira Posts: 76
    Hidden Account
    Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
    s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The colorless mare kept a trained visual on the inhabitants that kept coming. How many were going to arrive out of curiosity other than duty? The first was a chocolate mare with burnt tassels that adorned her, as well as her overly large wings. She appeared not all there, but she also didn’t hold the youthfulness of the next body to greet the lignea and unicorn. The second called herself Cirrus. She was less imposing than her companion, and her pelt was literally a canvas that mimicked the weather. Glacier spheres were quite intrigued and the ivory horned mare smiled with a slight dip of her crown as she was introduced.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Cirrus.” NADIRA’s lyrics were like a nightingale’s, soft, sweet, but bold.

The last member of the Throat to join the group was a painted mare, known as Onni. She held more of a healer’s aura who had experience. Again, NADIRA gave a slight bow to Onni and let Willow do most of the talking. As she had no idea what was in store, or what Willow exactly planned to do or say. It was clear, though, the achromatic mare had made a smart decision in keeping the Foothill’s healer company. For she was able to see the rest of the lands Helovia had to provide, without feeling like she had been intruding for no particular reason.

NADIRA, patient, waited for Onni and Cirrus to accept Willow’s offer. It was quite exciting. To think a meeting with all the lands healers and medics, coming to together to tech each other what they knew. The timeless essence, both beautiful inside and out, thought it a wonderful idea, but held her pleasure within, keeping her composure proper. This was no time to go on expressing what a wonderful idea it was. Time would soon answer their quest, as well as the personal decision and opinion of the two mares.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
    the essence of timeless beauty