the Rift

broken pieces [birthing; Thor, open]

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

I have always been a loner by nature. I partially blame my family for their role in my withdrawal from the world, for the way that they cast me aside, filled with fear and hatred and disgust. Their feelings for me had been feelings that I projected onto myself, and so when Thor had exhibited such a keen interest in me, I will admit that it took me by surprise. And yet I had been drawn to him as well, intrigued, intoxicated almost. What I felt for him was strong, far stronger than anything that I had experienced before, but I did not know that I could call it love. What was love, really? I had seen so little of it in my admittedly short life - how was I to know if it was what I was feeling, or simply what I wished for? Should I just know? Or was it okay to question it?

Perhaps these feelings were why I fled the Edge when I began to feel the first pangs of labor. I had been grazing shortly after rising that morning, my belly more swollen than I could ever have imagined. A wave of pain had washed over me, a cleansing fire as I realized that the baby was coming. The baby was coming! I had no love for the thing that leeched the life from me, for my pregnancy had not been pleasant, and so I admit that I was eager to have it out of me. I knew that I would not be able to simply return to my old ways, and truth be told I was scared half to death. What would happen when I blacked out? Would I harm the foal? How could I be a good mother when I couldn't even take care of myself?

And so as glad as I was to be rid of the cursed thing, some motherly instinct told me to be protective, to be worried. And as wave after wave of pain washed over me, I became more and more worried. Finally, reaching the dark embrace of the Deep Forest, I collapsed to the ground, grinding my teeth together to keep the pain from escaping my throat and failing. A shriek of pain echoed through the emerald canopy, and for a moment my thoughts became unaligned and I almost though that I was someone else. A shudder wracked my body, and suddenly the pain abated. For a brief moment, I gulped the cool air of the forest; then I rose, turned, and surveyed my daughter. She looked like her father in coloring, a deep bay. Her face was ringed with white, one of the oddest markings I had seen, but endearing. I set to washing her off, and I felt a sudden protective love steal over me.

Oh. So that was what love felt like.

I wanted to keep her safe.

I wondered how I would save her from myself.

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
She had been on my mind since the spar. I wondered where she had ended up since our last meeting and the inevitable conception of our child. I was so proud, so clearly elated to hear of her pregnancy and induction into the Edge. However, when the day came, I wasn’t sure how to feel. Her scent was intoxicating enough to leave a valid path into the Forest, though I wondered why she had come so far to give life. I worried that she did not feel at home with me, worried that she did not know of her feelings and perhaps she didn’t. But we had more pressing matters to attend to. I was more than eager to be at her side despite the unknowing. I didn’t even know if she wanted me at her side to witness our child come into the world. Would she have told me if she didn’t? Was it something that was decided at the last minute when she had no time left to inform me? My heart sank at the idea that I was not wanted, not deserved. With a swell of emotions I followed her from our home and into the shadows of the forest.

I did not rush immediately to her side, fear and insecurity keeping me at bay. However, from the shade did I watch her give the final push that welcomed our beautiful daughter into Helovia. My chest seemed to expand and my heart broke into a million pieces. I wanted to run to her, tell her she had done so well, and assure her that she was safe… But I could not. It had been a month since I had last seen her, a long month full of agony without her by my side. It had been a whole month since I had been able to see those beautiful eyes open into mine and my uncertainty was sure to take hold of my actions before turning me away entirely. I retreated back through the woods, my hooves seemingly made of metal and they yearned to turn back and go to her. For a time, I circled back and forth, to and fro. I searched those damn woods for something, anything that would tell me what to do.

Finally, I gave into myself. I wanted to find out what disarmed her but there was nothing I could do. This wasn’t about us anymore; this was about the tiny child that she cradled in her warm embrace upon my return. Her face was something out of a fairytale riddled in beauty powerful enough to knock me to my knees. When I finally had the nerve to emerge from the tree line, I nodded to the one I loved and then turned my gaze towards the little piece of myself that had come from two hearts to form one. “She’s beautiful Tamira.” My voice was stale and broken as if somehow I had let her down. Had I done that? Had I turned her away from me?

I stepped closer to lower my velvety muzzle to the small filly before nuzzling her sweetly, puffing softly and allowing her to see me as I saw her- family. I would not leave this child if death were upon me. I would fight through any pain in order to see her safe. It was instant, an impact that only a father and mother would know of. In that moment I knew that there was nothing more important than the wobbling little piece of paradise that rose onto new legs before me. Everything about her spoke of innocence. She was an angel much like her mother and I would never see her as anything but. However, my heart still throbbed and I wondered if tears would come after I found myself in the isolation of being denied her touch. What was it that I felt? Everything was so mixed up and thrown around.

“Essetia.” I had no doubt in my mind that the name would be more than fitting, but a curios glance was tossed upon Tamira, wondering briefly if she would like it as well. Again my voice sounded devoid of any real emotion. I didn’t want her to hear the hurt that thrived within me; I didn’t want her to mistake my love for uncertainty. But perhaps that’s what it was? Maybe I wasn’t sure what existed between us… Maybe I had lived in some fairytale for too long. I looked down into the wide eyes of my darling daughter and for the first time since I’d seen the pair, I smiled. She was quickly becoming my world, replacing whatever reservations I held about her mother. I knew that I would find faith in her love, find certainty in her existence. Everything else would come after. Of that I was sure.
Thor

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

I sensed his presence before he made himself visible. I wasn't sure why this surprised me so - had he not always managed to find me before? - but when he emerged from the trees, a mild surprise registered on my face. Guilt was quick to follow as I noted the distance in his eyes and voice. Had I made a mistake, coming here alone? Running from one who would have given me company? From one who quite clearly cared for me deeply? He had found me here, had watched over me in my vulnerability, and approached now to continue protecting our small family. Was that what we were? A family? It was a concept that I had yet to consider, and as he grew closer I felt as though it might just be so.

Something inside me adjusted then, and I felt as though I saw clearly for the first time in weeks. Later I would come to understand that my personality might have been warped by the effects of pregnancy and the hormones that came with it, but at that moment, all I knew was that it felt like coming up for air. My head raised from our daughter's form and I offered a tired smile. "She is beautiful," I agreed softly. Again the lack of emotion in his voice sent a shudder of guilt through me. It was deserved, I knew - I owed him more than running away. I hoped that the damage I had done was not irreparable, for as he greeted out daughter I saw for the first time a vision of my - our - future. Was it too late now to make that happen?

I watched in silence as the youngling rose unsteadily to her feet. She was a fighter, she was strong, I could see it clear as day. "Essetia," Thor christened her, and somewhere in the back of my mind, a sense of deja vu arose. I shook my head, tossing it away, for he had never named me, had he? When he glanced at me, his eyes curious, as though waiting for my verdict, I stretched across the distance between us to brush the velvet of my muzzle over his shoulder. "She is strong, like you," I told him. It seemed that she had received most of her physical characteristics from her father. I could only hope that she had also been blessed with his mind, for mine was notoriously unstable.

Again I fell into the spiral of worry that had plagued me for months as I had carried her within my womb. She had been safe there, but in this new world, she was in danger. The world was a cold place, I knew that all too well, and she had something else working against her - a mother with some strange affliction. Would Thor always be there to protect her? Would she come to fear me as I feared myself? The pain of such a relationship would undoubtedly break me, for the greatest of any parent's fears is to lose their child. Would it be worse to lose one to death or to a life without me? My orbs were undoubtedly troubled, but instinct told me to nudge Essetia gently, to guide her to her first meal. Later, I told myself. I will worry later.

"talk"

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Essetia
And no one saw
And no one heard they just followed the lead

She rose, for the first time, onto spindly legs of what would soon become sinew. However, now she was but a child, fully dependent on the care from others. Those shaky legs guided her toward what she knew was her mother, the one whose voice had been pressed into her tiny cranium for safe-keeping. Widened eyes swelled at the sight of her, finally able to produce and image for those magic tunes that comforted her in the womb. Everything was bright and imposing, causing her to look around almost haphazardly. There was much she didn’t know, much she couldn’t do, and it was all just… too much! A frightened cry erupted from her tiny lungs shocking not only her father but herself as well. Jumping slightly she backed away from the sound before bouncing once again onto her hind end where she would flail and struggle to gain the momentum to stand once more. Everything was so fresh and so new. She was torn between wanting to see it all and cringing beneath her mother’s belly and while courage and adventure appealed to the small filly, she was more than happy to return to her mother’s waiting touch.

She tested her own production of noise once more before moving forward to nurse at her mother’s hip, sapping enthusiastically at the life she had been given. She was completely unaware of the celebration raging on between mother and father and when she surfaced once more, still lapping at excess milk, she was determined to draw everyone’s attention. Her half-hearted wuffling was enough to draw the brightest of smiles from Thor and surely enough to make her mother laugh as well. There was no rhyme or reason behind her banter other than learning what she could do which turned out to be endless amounts of romping and snorting and calling just because she was able. A time or two she wandered over to the big draft to fiddle with the feathering at his feet before rushing away to the safety of her mother. The concept that there could be two caretakers was not something that she would understand for some time, but she was curious enough to explore all the same.

She was so new and full of life, bickering with her tired mother and squealing because the sound was something that fascinated her. One day her mother would be glad that she had gotten past that stage but until then, there was nothing she could do to escape the constant squelching of high and low notes and perhaps a playful nibble or two. After all, this was just the beginning of their future together.

Image Credits

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I had seen beauty in my life, so much so that sometimes it was hard to distinguish. But that day, I believe that I had seen the most beautiful thing ever to grace this earth. Her eyes were the color of white lilies and her coat was the color of earth. She was perfect in every way and I was certain that her mother thought the same. I had decided to let go of my selfish pain and look into my future with the two most beautiful creatures in Helovia. I had been convinced that there was something amiss between us, Tamira and I, and I cared immensely for her. But I would not force my affections upon her should she not wish it. We had come together to create this wonderful child and I was determined to focus my attentions on her instead of dwelling over my own insecurities. However, when Tamira reached up to stroke my skin with her own velvety muzzle, I felt as if I was experiencing true euphoria.

Essetia moved closer to me, clearly frightened by my size in spite of her curiosity. She fussed around my toes for a bit before running back into her mother’s shadow, easily finding comfort there as I knew she would. I lowered my head to peer into her face as she gazed back at me, testing out her vocals in such a way that I found myself laughing before I called for her to come closer. She remained at her mother’s hip and while I was mildly disappointed, I knew that one day she would recognize me for what I was- her father.

I looked at Tamira, who glistened with sweat from her efforts and smile into her wide eyes. She was still just as glorious as she had been the day we first met. It had been in these very woods that I had come across her and perhaps that is why she had ran here in her moment of need. Maybe she found comfort in the shade of the oaks and tall pines. Whatever it was, I could not blame her for her choice in location. This was her time just as much as it was Essetia’s and I was bound to my duty as a loving father and mate to honor her decisions. I smiled at her now, a playful thing that would not be given explanation, at least not today. I wondered about Myriad and what she would have to say about the filly when she returned. I knew that she would not be pleased when it came to caring for Essetia when she found her way into the present but I was determined to keep her at bay until my daughter was old enough to understand.

It would only be a matter of time before she came out to play and I was going to make damn sure that it wouldn’t be in the company of my daughter… if ever again. I looked into Tamira’s face, sensing her similar fears. “Her mother is just as strong you know.” Life had quickly spiraled from one path to the next and while we both needed to make sacrifices, I was more than ready to accept my newfound responsibility.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

It seemed that the season for birthing was upon them. The winds hummed with the excitement of new life, dragonsong was thick in the air as hoardes of wild dragon eggs hatched, with mothers viciously protecting them against all that might threaten the existence of their hatchlings. TallSun provided the perfect settings for such births, the newborn lizards thrived in the natural warmth provided by the extended sunlight hours, growing strong enough by the time the seasons turned to colder, harsher conditions, they could survive. Akaith did not keep a brood of her own this year, she had not risen to mate, to be chased by Helovia's fittest and bravest male dragons.

But many others within the homeland of hers had chosen to breed this year, to present the lands with the products of their love, to bring forth fresh life in the Edge, to bring a promise of the ongoing future the herd would have. It pleased Mirage immensely, to see the youth thriving, to see them grow and become their own souls, to find their own places in this world. She hoped to be able to offer them guidance when they required it, protection when they needed it, and opportunity to reach their full potential.

It was with a curious observation that the mare noticed one of her newest members take their leave, her form cloaked in darkness always, her eyes hidden from view but seeing all. More curious still, was that the stallion who could not fly made chase - and then it made sense. Tamira's rounding belly was something she had observed before, when the Earth God had visited, and so the time had come for that new life to see the world. Mirage lingered only a little bit longer in the familiar forest of her homeland, before making the decision to follow them. Bending her nape so that her chin brushed her chest, she concentrated upon the magic that would bring forth her other form.

The transformation took a collection of moments, and it was as painful and tiring as ever, though once complete, she did not hesitate to push herself into the air, great wings scooping the air and allowing her golden bodice to join her companion in the skies. The journey to the Deep Forest was a familiar one, for the Qian had resided there for many months as thy gathered the strength to obtain their own true home. The journey from here to there was an uninteresting collection of wingbeats and a handful of thoughts passed between herself and her bonded.

Mirage stayed high above the tall timbers of the Deep Forest, not wanting to startle those who had not seen her dragon form unnecessarily. With a deep, yet feminine call, she sung a warm dragonsong over the area she suspected they lingered, which was confirmed when Akaith dropped below the canopy to greet Thor happily, chirruping her welcomes and celebrations to the new mother and daughter as she did so. Above them, Mirage smiled, before flying low, so that the canopy almost tickled her underbelly, a golden hulk creating a draconic shadow over the gathering. She left, then, and Akaith gave her farewells too, before disappearing amongst the shadows that surrounded them once more.

They would not venture far from the new little family, not until they made it safely back home, they would act as guardians from afar.

[ Skip around Mirage in future posts, she'll show up if something attacks them but otherwise she's just creeping xP ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

I chuckled as my daughter - our daughter - struggled to her feet. She seemed unsure, half hiding beneath me and half wanting to greet her father. I stretched my nape to nudge her gently, and before long she was happily experiencing her first meal. I could feel it then, the glorious joy of motherhood, and suddenly the long months of torment seemed well worth the trouble. I sighed softly, a sound of complete and utter contentment. Essetia. Oh, how beautiful she was! Such a new arrival and yet already the light of my life! How differently I felt than I had not so long ago, when I had been almost resentful of the raging ball of hormones within my womb - but now there was only the pride in our creation. She finished suckling and moved toward my shoulder (I smiled at her awkward, spindly movements), wuffling and squealing.

She wandered forward a few times to investigate her father's large, feathered feet, and I giggled each time she scampered back to me, positively radiant with my joy. Even my worries seemed to have vacated my mind for the time being. My gaze meeting Thor's, he told me that I was just as strong. I tilted my head slightly to one side, considering his words. Perhaps he was right; perhaps I was stronger than even I knew. After all, I had not had a blackout for a while now, and I wondered if it had anything to do with the protective, mothering instincts gathered into that ball of worry in my stomach. Could I really keep it at bay to protect my daughter? Or perhaps it was Thor's influence, perhaps he was the key. Regardless, I was thrilled to have had so much uninterrupted time.

A vaguely familiar call breaks the quiet of the forest, and I struggle to remember where I might have heard it. A golden form dropped through the trees, and I smiled as I recognized my leader's dragon, Akaith. It was a brief moment, but finally I saw a larger form through the canopy, and I realized that this was why Mirage was called the DragonHeart. The noise that I had heard had been dragonsong, and for a moment, I stood in awe. But the moment passed swiftly, and as I wondered how my daughter would react to the beautiful creature that had just disappeared from our view, I turned my head to regard her with warm chocolate eyes. "Essetia," I said softly, a mother's love enveloped in the name. Then my eyes found Thor's again. "She's perfect." I could not keep the glee from my voice, able to relax completely in Thor's presence. "We're perfect," I added, without thinking, and there was a sharp intake of breath as I realized how carelessly I had spoken. I don't know that I had ever made my feelings for him clear in the form of words, though Essetia's creation probably gave him a clue.

"talk"

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia
Anyone from my past,
Get your ammo

Her mother’s touch was welcomed with the slight tired murmuring of response from the small filly. Her eyes had grown heavy soon after her first meal and she settled in against her mother’s shoulder before slowly bending back into the earth. However, her father was eager for her to know him before her mind left this world again. He had only gotten to wrap his mind around the concept of her for a few short minutes since her arrival, but he quieted as she fell into a heavy slumber. His eyes retreated from his precious daughter and found those warmed pools of light in her mother. He nodded happily at her remark, unsure of how to respond without waking the sleeping foal but his eyes carried his love for her and without question he was sure that she would know of his support. He stepped closer to her now, his muzzled extended, eager to find the tender flesh of her nape. They belonged here in this moment and he would not let her soon forget. It was time he learned to take things into his own hands. Whatever came their way, they would make it through.

Looking down into the face of the little treasure that had been created because of him, because of her… he knew that this was where he belonged. There were no words needed now in order to show her that he was by her side. No matter the mountains or mole hills that lie ahead, he would be there. Perhaps when she felt she’d lost her mind and found that his company was not good enough anymore- he would still be standing in her shadow, ready to catch her should she fall.

Above them a glint of golden dust seemed to catch his eye and he smiled, confident that for once in his life he felt at home. No matter where she led him, he would be home. Mirage had been only a reminder that his heart had not only been claimed by love but by family as well. He silently thanked her for her support before closing his eyes himself. They were all in need of a bit of rest and he would not complain. He nudged Tamira closer, his warm breath upon her ears as he whispered sweet nonsense to the one he loved. When they finally faded into sleep themselves, he wanted to be the last thing she heard until she could once again wake into his warm, brown, gaze.
Image Credits

OOC| I decided to use Essetia’s table because it was smaller… even though she’s more of a side-thought in this post. XD
We can close this by the way. <3