the Rift

I am not evil, My heart is just gone

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His ivory hooves touched the green ground. The instant warmth that he always felt among the trees wrapped around him.
Behind him, the portal he used closed; the swirling purple designs fading to leave the forest’s green, unblemished beauty.
Around him is silence.
More interested in this forest than any he had ever explored before, Diesel finds himself wandering among the huge old trees. His ebony coat drifts among the shadows. One would never see the silent stallion if one didn’t happen to catch him on his left side. Blazing across his cheek a white mask covers one of his silvery eyes, settling into his skin beautifully, melding back into ebony around his cheek plane.
Something drifted down to land on the very end of his nostril. Instantly, Diesel shook his head, his short white mane unruffled by the movement. He backed up one step, one feathery white hoof cocking back. A leaf the shape of a perfect heart landed on the ground.
Diesel snorted; turned around and walked towards a lazy river. His connection to the land, borne by his childhood among the forests, was the only thing that allowed him to find beauty in the earth.
The stream was crisp, clear. Absolutely clean, and In it he saw his body. Tall, strong. Capable. He felt secure in knowing that no one could hurt him now. What, after all, would challenge him? The horses from his home were terrified of his size. His build. He was different and he knew it.
He was safe
Until he saw the second reflection.

"I'm not Evil; My heart is just gone"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

What was it about traveling through the Threshold these days? The snort that escaped her intricate muzzle was a soft exhale of intrigue and confusion. It was quite amusing how one could sense the wrenching feeling of being tugged in a direction, and given no rhyme or reason for such a delirious suspicion. It was one thing the snow-clothed unicorn had resolved not to try and figure out. There were reasons behind everything that happened, and not everything could be solved or answered to ones liking. It was a merry-go-round effect that had the poor sea barren lass dizzy with formulations and calculations, trying to figure out something that just didn’t want to be found.

Glacier spheres subconsciously kept her from running into the huge old evergreens that covered these lands. Making it their home and in return, providing shelter and food for those who resided here. She didn’t know of any, other than your common critters that scampered about and made such a ruckus. But maybe that was one of the things that drew her in to such a place as this: the feeling of being home. Home… she wasn’t quite sure if that was a pleasant thought or not. It was all she had ever known for the past two decades of her life, and that alone wasn’t such a pretty thought to let wander in her pretty head of hers.

She found herself following the resonance of a near by stream. The cool and clear liquid always calmed her spirits. Always gave her the solitude she needed to ponder over and make sense of everything that consistently, without fail, impressed itself upon her. It was becoming a burden of sorts. A sensation she had not quite grown accustomed to, and wasn’t entirely sure how to deal with it. One step at a time, she would tell herself. Give her space to sort and analyze things. Things had gotten a little out of hand since she had arrived in this world known to its occupants as Helovia.

Reaching the edge of the creek, she began letting the water seep into her parched throat. Slender nape stretched so her maw could reach the crystal surface, and sip quietly as she relaxed her tensed muscles. It wasn’t until she opened her visionaries, to behold the other side of the creek, did she see another creature starring at her, perplexed to say the least. He was by far taller than her. Her dove like bodice stood no more than fourteen-two. As a human girl, she hadn’t been much taller. So height did little to nothing for her, in way of judging a book by its cover. Which was something she found all too common with the majority of the Helovians here.

Raising her pristine features, so she could observe her admirer, her small frail ears plastered face forward and a small dip of her crown was given in formalities sake. She was careful not to let her three foot ivory horn scare him away. Sure unicorns were fierce and dangerous in battle, that she could remember clearer than if it had been played out right in front of her, but they were also gentle creatures. And she wished no one to get the wrong impression on a first meeting basis. First impressions were everything to the unicorn, and so she wished to do the same to those she first met.

“You do not need to stare. Yes I am a unicorn, and I am real. My name is NADIRA, and welcome to Helovia. I take it you just entered?”

Her words were like a dream, soft and hazy. Sweet melodic tunes, music to even a nightingales fragile ears. She would have recognized that look on his features, for a forest was nothing new, but what it held was always a surprise, a mystery to the discoverer. She waited for him to collect his bearings and think things through. Shock was not something every held with casualness.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Kovu Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I just didn't feel I had a home in the Throat.

I had followed Gaucho there but the heat was pretty much unbearable for me and I can't come to think how animals actually lived there. Sure,there was a large lake full of cool and refreshing water but I couldn't play around in it all the time could I? Why I had trekked all the way over here I didn't have a clue but I knew it was where new horses found a home,and meet others so,maybe this was chance number two? Or I could pick someone up myself and take them to---to where? I had no where to call home or anything. Or maybe...one of the wild lands just to talk or play or something?

I snort as I come to a river. I was boiling. I had just gone to a desert and back and so,with out knowing what the heck I was doing,I plunged into the water which cam up to the top of my legs. I let out a shrill whinny as I kick about in the water,splashing it everywhere and not caring who or what I got wet. Soon my coat was washed of sweat and replaced with clean (well cleaner) water. After frolicking I finally settle down,coming out the water and shaking my self of before plunging my muzzle into the water and drinking it greedily. You do not need to stare. Yes I am a unicorn, and I am real. My name is NADIRA, and welcome to Helovia. I take it you just entered? I prick up my ears and lift my head,turning it in the direction of the speaker.

At first I see a young mare,her pelt a snowy white color and then I notice a stallion behind. He was much larger and was mainly black as I was and had a half white face. what the-? He had the same markings as me (well I had a few more) and it had washed curiosity over me so,with another shrill whinny,I come skidding and sliding to the scene. "Hey I'm Kovu. It's good to me 'ya both."

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

The female across from him had completely arrested Diesels’ attention. Not because she was beautiful; for it was not in Diesels nature to asses beauty that does not belong to nature, but because of what she was.

The horn protruding out of her forehead was a threat.

Diesel threw up his head, spreading his hooves into a wide stance. He knew how to fight. How does one survive in the wilds alone all of their life if they don’t? And he knew that if she so chose, that horn could easily pierce his skin; dig into his heart.

Kill him instantly.

And he wasn’t going down without a fight.

Just as he moved to charge the female, she spoke.

”You do not need to stare. Yes I am a unicorn, and I am real. My name is NADIRA, and welcome to Helovia. I take it you just entered?
Now weary, Diesel arched his neck. He didn’t retreat further than that; never turn your back on an enemy or show fear, but he also paused his advance.

For the first time, always keeping an eye on the mare who called herself Nadira, he took one moment—one!—to smell the air.
No hatred or fury tainted the air around Nadira. Only kindness. Perhaps a tinge of sadness.

He still did not drop his guard. In a strange land filled with creatures he thought to be mythical, nothing is benign. Everything is a danger.
He flicked one ear towards her, awaiting her next move. The shadows from the tree above danced over the two creatures, a play of shadow and sunshine, light and dark.

A bee buzzed in the silence caused only by his agitation. He snorted…considered speaking to this creature who shone so bright when the light hit her.
Just when he considered actually talking to her, a voice caught his attention from across the river.

Enraged, Diesel threw himself up with a powerful tensing of his hind legs. In front of him waving like a banner of treaty his feathers waved, so stark against his body. His coloring lied. He let out a war bugle; his mouth thrown up to the sky with the cry.

This new creature was a threat.
Threats get eliminated.

Furious, Diesel threw himself forward, his body parting the river easily as he propelled himself across. Head held above the water, he swam powerfully as the current twisted and turned around his legs.

It didn't even deter him in the slightest.

With one powerful surge or adrenaline, he was thrown up onto the opposite bank, ready now to confront this usurper.
This was his land.

"*coughcough* Diesel don't screw around muahaha <3"

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The ebony of his pelt was slicked across the muscle that rippled underneath it. He was practically twice her size and could easily do damage if he so chose. She knew this and did not pretend any different. She saw his stance, ready to attack at any provoking moment. But her words seemed to catch him off kilter, just enough to rethink his movement. She was not a mare to fight, or even to push another’s buttons to want to fight. The bloodless and pale mare had had enough of bloodshed in her lifetime already to not care for it, if it could be avoided at all costs.

As the stallion stood opposite of her, rearranging his position, she let the silence speak for itself. If she had truly wanted to, she could have ended things quickly and silently. But that was not her way. Though tiny compared to the giants that roamed these lands of Helovia, she held her own, and was very capable of battle, but when your heart wasn’t in it, or you simply just got sick and tired of it all, it soon became a burden one wished not to bear.

But the silence eventually had to end, as a young voice chirped behind her. An an instant flash, the stallion across the bank was confronting the young one who had caused a ruckus in the stillness. NADIRA winced, knowing full well the colt did not mean any harm by anything. And so the unicorn mare placed herself between the stallion and the tyke, like a protective mother bear, protecting her cub. Though the tyke was not hers, the circumstance still did not call for a fight, maybe more of an explanation. Turning her façade to the little colt, she gave him a look that said to be quiet for the time being.

Returning her gaze to the coal covered steed, she snorted and stamped her front left hoof with purpose into the soil. She let a steady set of sapphire icebergs settle on his darker ones.

“This is no place to dual out your differences. Please, he is just a tyke. Weren’t you young and reckless at some point?”

She stood her ground with fierceness that she had not dared present to any other here in Helovia since her arrival two seasons past. If there was one advantage she did have, it was her three-foot spear. It made up for her being vertically challenged otherwise. NADIRA didn’t want to use it, and didn’t want to remember the last time she did… or was that even possible? To remember past her childhood, trapped in a mortal’s body. Now was not the time to reminisce on the past. She had to defend the poor colt who hadn’t known any better.

“If you would, sir, a name? A name so I can put a name to a face. We can talk this over like adults.”

She would not allow herself to show the inkling of nervousness that trickled through her veins. If only Osiris would some how show up. It wasn’t like she needed back up, but he did something to her, and she wasn’t about to admit what it was, as she was hoping to avoid it at all costs. Those kind of feelings only led to one thing; disappointment and hurt. She would not fall for that again.

N A D I R A

Unregistered

Talk about aggression! First of,the stallion had seen the mare as a threat and,no offence or anything,it wasn't like she could beat him up. He was massive compared to her and I guessed he was packed full of muscle. His stance was aggressive,as if he wouldn't hesitate to kill her at any moment and when I broke though the silence with my cheery call it only seemed to annoy him more and soon enough he was confronting me,his aggressive stance going un-missed. "Errrrr" I smile at him,my position slightly backed down to his but I soon recover after my little 'fright'. "Look,I only came to say h-" I am cut of though and like a mother the grey mare positioned herself between us stallions. I take a step back,giving the mare room.

This is no place to dual out your differences. Please, he is just a tyke. Weren’t you young and reckless at some point? Me reckless? Really? Actually,thinking about it,I could be couldn't I? But as she said,I was just a tyke but thinking about it more it was probably the only time someone had actually defended me in the slightest. Though I think I could handle the stallion on my own I stay quiet,for now at least. If you would, sir, a name? A name so I can put a name to a face. We can talk this over like adults. I look over the mares shoulder curiously,wondering what his reaction would be. "Yea come on a name." I say with a grin. His big appearance hadn't changed the grin on my face,nor had his aggressiveness. What was the point of being mean and aggressive when you could have fun? Life was to short!

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

The female lurched between Diesel and his foe, halting all movement from him. He had no qualms about hurting the female; after all, just one more threat eliminated, but he wouldn’t engage both into a fight until he knew if this newcomer had an advantage like the horn atop the females head.

Then she spoke.

“This is no place to duel out your differences. Please, he is just a tyke. Weren’t you young and reckless at some point?”

Diesel drew back his lips at the female, baring his teeth in a feral manner. “Never.”

“If you would, sir, a name? A name so I can put a name to a face. We can talk this over like adults.”

The colt behind NADIRA piped up as well, his tone so very much lighter than NADIRA’s. Young with the absence of knowledge, Diesel thought.

“Yes, come on, a name!”

Now thoroughly angered, yet somehow intrigued, Diesel found himself attempting to respond. But his mouth…it wouldn’t move how he wanted. Instead of words pathetic grunts emerged.

Diesel cleared his throat; tried again.

This time, a quiet ‘D’ was clearly heard. He realized then that not speaking for a year and a half impaired his ability to talk.

Diesel froze; stilled. His heart-rate sped up; his ears flattened against his skull. Not being able to communicate…not being able to control something, was like shooting ice through his veins.

His silver eyes closed for one millisecond; one. No more, before his silver iris’s flashed brilliantly in a twitch of sunshine. Eyes closed, he drew in the ground with the edge of his hoof, his drawing gradually taking shape into glyphs. First a D, then the rest of his name followed, painstakingly spelling out Diesel.
When he was finished, Diesel’s sides quivered. Having his own body betray him like this; to let him forget the most basic thing simply from disuse….
It was wrong.

Yet he had to let his circumstances, for the first time in a long time, control him.

"?"

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The snowy essence of the mare, just centimeters away from the stallion who had become aggressive, could breathe in his scent. It filled her, covered her, and she wondered how long she would be able to hold him off, or was it possible he might back off, even just a little? Any other time, NADIRA would have welcomed the company of Kovu, who held a giddy spirit. She admired that, as not everyone could say they had the option of growing up with no responsibilities. And it looked as if her warning look hadn’t had the effect of keeping him quiet either.

She didn’t dare take her glacier gaze off of the threat that towered above her. But Kovu’s agreement in wanting the stallion to introduce himself was a little overwhelming. Surprisingly enough, the tyke’s comment threw the stallion into a new state: A state of… confusion? NADIRA kept firm in her stance, muscles tense as she observed the stallion who was trying to overcome whatever was holding him back. Having been friendly enough to begin with, she was not about to let some stallion abuse his warm welcome with a bad attitude.

A few grunts were emitted and the dreamy ghost-like figure subtly tilted her façade in curiosity. Had the cat got his tongue? Delicately shaped ears faced toward the ebony steed as he cleared his throat. How peculiar, she thought. He was having difficulty with giving his name. NADIRA couldn’t exactly place the exact reason behind his fluster, but she was a bit fascinated to learn a stallion such as himself could get himself in such a predicament.

He finally managed what sounded to be like a “D” and then some unclear mumbling followed suit. It was obvious the stallion was fighting himself on some level. The blank canvassed unicorn did all she could to hold back her snort of amusement. She knew it would do no good to make a comment that could backfire on her now. Instead, she swallowed the big lump in her own throat and let a soft cough escape her, trying to divert the attention of the threatened steed back on her.

“Well, D, why don’t we just forget this little incident.” Her voice was as soft as a lullaby, but it held strength.

Stealing a glance at Kovu, to see if he was all right, a great big fat grin welcomed her, plastered on his maw. She couldn’t help but smile, before turning her attention back to the stallion.

“This is Kovu. And all he wanted to do was introduce himself. We are terribly sorry if we have startled you. But we are not the only strange creatures that roam these lands. You will be faced with half wolf and half horse, Pegasus, hellhounds, unicorns, and equines – such as yourself. Along with other strange things that I yet have to figure out myself, you should find Helovia full of mystery and intrigue.”

NADIRA was not about to let silence thrive. Too many things happen when silence has been invited.

N A D I R A

Unregistered

And the stallion doesn't know what to say to my grinning and friendly demanding of his name nor Nadira's kind but strong words. It make's my grin more,not because he is struggling to speak but because we had got the better of him. 'D'. D? What kind of a name was that? But he seemed to be trying to say more,so I give some suggestions. "Derick? Dotty? Daisy?" Ok I know he is a guy but who knows,he could be called Daisy. "Digger,Ditto,Draco?!?!" I wait,knowing that all my suggestions would,most likely be wrong (especially Daisy) but it was worth a shot. Well, D, why don’t we just forget this little incident. I nod,agreeing thoroughly with her,grinning still as she takes a glance at me.

This is Kovu. And all he wanted to do was introduce himself. We are terribly sorry if we have startled you. But we are not the only strange creatures that roam these lands. You will be faced with half wolf and half horse, Pegasus, hellhounds, unicorns, and equines – such as yourself. Along with other strange things that I yet have to figure out myself, you should find Helovia full of mystery and intrigue. All though he speech I am agreeing though I was slightly fazed. I had met barely anyone around here,only Gaucho,'D',Nadira and Note and his seriously cool cat friend. Black eyes peer eagerly at him. "Yea,sorry if I startled you,I didn't mean to!" I say with a energetic apology and a ever widening grin,which was starting to hurt...but who cares? I was in a happy (more hyper) mood.

"Bla bla bla"

Unregistered

He could feel their humor tint the air around them.
It was evil.
Evil like his family when he was younger; tossing him away like a clump of unwanted trash. He had been thrown out there in the streets, his gangly body splayed across the cobbles in a most painful manner.
They didn’t want him because he was different.
Just like these horses didn’t want him because his vocal cords were broken.
For now only.
But he also knew that this world didn’t bend around to his will the way the other one did. Creatures weren’t intimidated by him here.
They had other things to fear.
Things that Diesel honestly had no clue about.
The female before him talked about hellhounds and half-wolf-half-equine creatures. She talked about things that should only be possible in fairytales.
But from his childhood in the woods, Diesel remembered the existence of things that were unexplainable by any common law.
Things that should never exists, yet they do by some odd power.
Forgotten dreams often wafted throughout his ancient wood, bringing along creatures with strange thoughts and manners.
He had to kill far too many of such things before they tainted his home; harmed his family. Hurt his one and only safehouse; the forest.
He found himself wondering if he would recluse back to the forest in this new land, or if he would choose to act outside of himself. If he would choose a life that was filled with noise and hatred; revenge and love.
He found his anger awakening at the thought of that foreign emotion.
To the other creatures around him he was perfectly still as he thought. Just a massive, silver-dripped stallion. One who couldn’t talk.
He knew that he needed someone who knew these lands to guide him until his voice came back.. He didn’t doubt his skills, but he also didn’t know…anything about this land.
And Diesel was smart enough to accept the fact that he maybe needed a touch of help. Just until he understood this land.
So he chose to ignore the two creatures humor, and instead scratched out until the soil just two words.
Help me?

"Hoof writings ||| thoughts ||| "

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
we'll raise ourselves up, thanks for nothing at all, so up off the ground
The tiny mare picked up her hooves as she traveled through the brush that headed back toward the forest she had entered from. Each step reminding her of the path she had needed to travel in order to get toward her new home in the foothills. She was almost certain she would be too scared to really be of any help. But, that was beside the point. Maybe there would be someone there that she wouldn't be too scared off. That maybe perhaps she could aid the Foothills by bringing in more inhabitants. Then, even if no one took the idea of a mutiny, we still had some horses who were willing to fight.

Her audit spun around as she came to a halt. Her whole frame freezing as she listened to the voices circling through the trees. One voice seemed familiar. As though she had heard it before - but never gotten to know the mare - the chords flitting through the air in an almost tinkling manner. Definitely a mare. The other seemed to be another young colt. The sound of hooves crashing the ground, a fight perhaps about to start. Only, the mare stopped it from occurring once more.

Silently, Resplendence inched closer to the situation. She was intrigued, to say the least, but that didn't mean she would stick around if she felt she was about to get injured in anyway. She peered in to the area which the three horses were. The other brute that was placed on the other side of the mare. He was listing off names. Names that obviously would not be given to one of such a large, masculine stature. The mare kept on talking and she listened to part of the conversation. But she never heard them say the name that had been inscribed upon the sand from him. Again, he scratched out a few more words. "Help Me?"

The last of her heart strings were pulled as she pulled from the shadows, shrinking down a little to show she was of no threat as her golden orbs peered up from behind her forelock. Her limbs were trembling a little, not comfortable with being around so many other equines. "I believe his name is Diesel," she whispered, tossing her cranium a little to the words scratched out on the ground. "I'm Resplendence, and while I'm probably not a lot of help I can see what I can do..." she explained, gently flicking her tailbone so that her banner twisted and came to a delicate pile at her feet and wait to see what his response might be. Her tiny frame shuddered a little as she peered between the two other equines. One adorned with a horn upon it's cranium, the other a good two hands taller than her. Though, she knew it was probably safe to say that this Diesel was almost four hands taller than her, if not over four hands of difference. In fact, she was the smallest one of the bunch, even if only by an inch.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. There would be no violence here. At least she hoped there would be no violence here. She hoped that the fact that he was intelligent enough to scribble some words out, and confident enough to know that needing help wasn't always a bad thing, meant that there was not going to be simply pain emerging from this encounter.
Credits

Unregistered

Diesel was at first affronted; how had he missed this creature? How was he able to ignore the way the forest spoke of her passage. The whisper of broken twigs; animals chased away by this creature.

Then, he found himself wondering how anything in this forest could be scared of something so small.
This female in front of him was almost foal size in comparison to him. Her stature was delicate; fawn like. Her hair curled around her, a sea of brown and gold curls.

Diesel saw how she visibly trembled. And, for perhaps the first time in his life, he found himself disliking the fact that she seemed to fear him.
When she spoke, speaking his name out loud for the first time in her sweet, gentle voice, Diesel barely contained a shiver. She shifted her head to the ground, where he had scratched out his name. The others seemed to just ignore his attempt at communicating, where as the female noticed it right away.

He didn’t know how he felt about that.

"I'm Resplendence, and while I'm probably not a lot of help I can see what I can do..." She flicked her tail about; readjusting. Fidgeting.

Diesel regarded her for a long moment, his body gently releasing tension.
He bowed his head in concentration, his front left hoof moving across the dirt. His pale feathers dusted the dirt as he wrote the rough glyphs into the sandy river beach.

After a time of silence, he moved away from his marks, backing up a few feet. Not in retreat, but to remove his body from blocking the midday sun that then sprawled across his glyphs.

On the ground lay a few words, rough, with sand crumbling around the edges of his marks.

”I would take any help.”

"Bold is for his writing"

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The tension that burdened the air amid the trio grew thick. The frustration the stallion felt, the unicorn mare could relate to. It was Resplendence, who had just joined the group, who brought about a smile on the ghostly mare’s features, one of thanks and of warm greeting for her herd mate. Nadira hadn’t wanted to admit to seeing the writing etched before them on the ground; though it was evident she had clearly watched the stallion scribble in the dirt.

The truth was, she was no better at reading than she was at writing either. It was a long story and one she cared to to explain. It was embarrassing, and she knew what the stallion was going through. The only difference was he was willing to swallow his pride and at least try to communicate. Nadira gave him props for that.

At the other mare’s knowledge in reading, Nadira looked to the shaken stallion and communicated an expression of an apology. She hadn’t tried to come off insensitive, but apparently an apology was at hand for her rudeness. He wasn’t quite sure how to accept the new mare at first, but seemed to understand she was his only hope. And truly she was.

“I am sorry Diesel, for not reading your name.”

Sure she could have explained why, but pride was a downfall for any unicorn, and it was especially true for Nadira. But there was regret in her lyrics, and sincerity.

Again, the stallion deemed Diesel, scribbled in the dirt. But the milky mare shook her visage in perplexed behavior, for she was of no help. The feeling of being useless reflected in her lifeless position of her cranium. She turned to Resplendence, in hopes the mare would be able to help. As for Kovu, the immortal figured as much, he would not be able to read what had been scribbled in the dirt as well.

Sighing heavily, the unicorn looked to Diesel with a helpless glance. Her auds were uncertain, flicking back and forth, and her words were ever more subtle than before.

“I can’t read.”

The letters Diesel had been scribbling looked like words she should know, or had at least seen, growing up, but she had fled the only possible source of education to keep the skin on her back from dying. She felt ashamed for her incompetence to read, or even to write. She relied on her ability to speak as her way of communication, but it seemed it wasn’t going to be of any use to her today.

SORRY! I totally misread the post where he wrote out his name. But in any instance, Nadira can't read or write... so it works out... kinda, as to why she responded the way she did. Also, sorry for the wait. :(

N A D I R A

Unregistered
OOC: Would post....but I don't know if I can build off that since we passed that point already :3

Hidden Account
s3ilver
*bump* waiting on resplendence