the Rift

Lights || Birth, Azzaron, Open

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

So tired. I was tired. Walking slowly across the lush meadow with my head hanging, my belly followed my movements and swayed with each step I took. The foal should arrive at any moment now, because I don't think it could get bigger than this.
I looked fat. Blergh. A sigh left my black lips and I stopped, observing my surroundings. Where had Azzaron gone? Hadn't he been following me from the Foothills?
'Meh, he'll find me...', I thought, and lied down. If I knew Helovia right, I was right between the Edge and the Foothills right now. The Steppe was in the north and the rest of the Thistle Meadow in the south. I was in perfect position for a rest.
The sky was starting to light up, as the sun was slowly rising from the horizon. Colors like purple, pink and baby blue painted the sky and erased the stars, one by one. It was a beautiful morning, the grass was still wet from the night's rain and made it glitter with all it's little water drops.
It was hot in the air, but not so hot that you wouldn't be able to breathe. It was a perfect temperature this morning.

Or, maybe not such a safe place. Wolves. Bears. Foxes. My blue pools for eyes searched the area again, but I saw no threats to me and my baby. A smile slowly appeared on my lips. My baby...
Carefully I nudged my belly, feeling the foal move inside me. It moved a bit too much though. I flicked back one ear, nudging my belly again. Again, the foal moved.
"Baby... Are you okay in there?" I knew that it couldn't respond with words, but by moving even more I started to worry. It hadn't moved this much before.

"Baby?"

Suddenly, the pain struck me, dancing on every nerve in my body. What the fuck? I got up on all four again and stared at my belly. Pain.
My knees almost gave up, but I held onto my strength and forced myself to stand up. What was happening?
"Baby, why are you.. ARGH!" My sentence broke into a painful moan and I fell down in the grass again. So. Much. Pain.
It was unbearable, forcing me to lie down. I lied my head in the lush bed of summer-grass and tried to breathe normally.
Why all this pain so suddenly?!
My coat was shiny from the sweat and I moaned again, feeling a pressure starting.
What the actual buck was happening?! The pain slowly began to disappear and I rose my head up in the air, taking a few calm breaths. What was...

DAMMIT!
Not again!

My aching nerves forced me to lie down my head and I felt the pressure getting harder. Drops of sweat rolled down my coat, making stripes of wet fur on it's way to the ground.
I didn't want this. I didn't want pain. Again my body forced me to tighten my muscles to resist the pain and something changed.
Something really changed.

I realized that it was time.

With this thought in my head, I started to tighten my muscles every time my body told me so. I knew how to do this, it was knowledge that every mare's body had and followed.

After a while of working hard with a now aching body, I felt the pressure faint and the pain as well. Something slipped out of me - still with some difficulties - and it was gone. My belly felt empty, my body sweaty and aching, my eyes filled with tears.
I did it.
With a tired and slow movement, I raised my head and looked at my hind. Something lied behind me in the grass. My baby...
I didn't even think of what I did when I got up from the ground and turned around, licking the slime out of my baby's nostrils, mouth and eyes.
My baby was beautiful.

The body was covered in a black coat, even though I saw a vague tint of purple, and on the rump and shoulder I saw red markings. Stars?
They glittered in the rays of the sun, and I smiled wide. My beautiful baby... The mane and tail - so fluffy - were colored in a creamy color, with the tips painted in bloody red.
I glanced at my baby's hind, seeing that it was a filly. A daughter. Wait... My gaze observed the youngling's body and I let out a gasp.
She had wings.
And a horn.
'Oh my Gods...'

Her wings were the same color as her coat, except the outside of them. They had the same red markings as the one's on her rump and shoulder. And her horn.. It was almost invisible, but the light from the twilight made it clear for me to see.
My daughter was still beautiful and I saw how her eyelids flickered. Awakening.
She opened up her eyes and looked at me, curious and a loving sparkle in her eyes. They were colored red, like her father's, but a blue streak interrupted the red in both.
My daughter was... Stunning.
"Welcome to the world, Destry," I smiled and I lowered my head to kiss her on her muzzle that was reaching for mine.

My daughter had arrived.

"Talking."

ooc: Holy moly that's a long post >.>
word count: 888

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

All I had done was wander off for a moment. I had left Delinne there, I had wanted to scout out the area for anyone. Once she was out of my sight I searched the field, wondering what was around me. I was probably in the Meadow, surrounded by bunches of animals. I'm calmly searching around the meadow when a scream rings through the air. I straighten up, my ears perked. Another scream. Alright, what in the world was going on?! I race through the field, my gray hooves pounding the earth. I see Delinne, her knees wobbly. I race to her side, panicking. What was going on with her?! Her stomach was enormous! I was afraid she was ready to pop open. I brush my nose against her, watching as she lays down.

Her sides heave, I could see sweat dripping off her coat and onto the ground. I was completely clueless on what was happening to her. She's heaving, was she trying to take an extremely huge crap?! No. That's extremely stupid of me. I shake my head before jerking my cranium up. WHY AM I RELAXED AT A TIME LIKE THIS?! I brush my muzzle against Delinne, running it along her bloated stomach.

Holy gods.

Something moved in there.

I panic more, this is insane! I throw my head back, shocked. My heart's beating thousands of miles of a second, and I can't keep still. I race around Delinne, checking her over. I stop, facing Delinne's rear. THERE WAS SOMETHING COMING OUT. HOLY GODS.

What in the world was that?!

I almost scream. I watch, watch as Delinne overworks herself trying to get whatever it was out of her stomach. I'm paralyzed in both fear and shock. My brain can't process everything quick enough, and my brain begins to hurt.

It all seems to be over in a few moments. I've returned to nudge Delinne's neck, my velvety snout brushing against her neck. She's caked in sweat, and she looks worn out. I notice she isn't heaving her sides anymore, and she isn't grunting. I step towards her rump, catching sight of....

Oh.

My.

Gods.

It's a foal. A foal. Delinne was pregnant. My brain's fuse is instantly blown, and my knees begin to wobble. Was I the father? Could it be... my... my child? I'm shocked, staring at the small coal colored lump. I glance at Delinne, she's gotten to her feet now. I stare at her, shocked. Did she know about this? Had she been keeping this a secret from me? No, Delinne would never do something like that. Or would she? I can feel all these emotions swirling inside. Pride, curiosity, anger, even sadness.

I glance back down at the child, taking note of it's black coat that's tinted a deep purple. I can see the smallest of horns placed atop the newborn fillies' forehead. I smile, a unicorn. I watch as Delinne cleans the child off. I wince, how can she do that? It must taste horrible. I shake my head, finally noticing the small red wings at the child's sides. I notice that the little ones hooves are red, and her mane is a creamy color with ruby red tips. I swoop my head down, sniffing the small girl. She... smells. Weird. Very weird. But I guess that's what happens when you sit in a mares' womb for eleven months. I glance back at Delinne, her blue eyes showing how worn out she is. I throw my wing over her back, brushing my soft muzzle against her cheek. "Is... is this... ours?" I stare at Delinne, wanting to know the truth.

"She's beautiful. You're beautiful." I smile, nuzzling Delinne before stooping down, smiling at the small little child.
"Hello there, little Destry. Welcome to the world." I stare at the small dark filly, whom Delinne had named Destry. I can feel pride welling up inside as I stare down at her. This.

This was my family.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: 8D Little babeh. <3 (And spazzy Azz)

word count: 664

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

A voice startled me a little, making me look up from my daughter. Azzaron? Where had he come from? I thought back on the delivering and remembered the feeling of someone brushing my belly, but I had taken that as an illusion. Oh well, good that he's here though.
My eyes turned to the dark filly again and I smiled as she kissed me back on my muzzle. Carefully, she stood up on unsteady legs, but she was strong and looked up at me, as if she was saying "Look mommah, look what I can do!".

Too bad she fell after trying to take her first step.

She fell on the ground and lied down. Better try out that later. I almost giggled at my sweet baby. She was adorable for a newborn.
Turning my head to Azzaron, I fired off a wide smile and kissed him gently. My body was almost dry due to the summerwarm wind and I had almost regained my strength again. As a mother, I felt great. Azzaron covered my dirty back with his wing and practically stared at me, as if he was in shock.
"Is... is this... ours?" Hehe, was my darling stupid? Couldn't he see the little wings and her fluffy hair? And... Her red eyes. Her beautiful, sparkling eyes.
"Yes, my Azzaron, she's ours. She's your daughter," I whispered and kissed the stallion on his light golden neck.

"She's beautiful. You're beautiful." I blushed and stroke his cheek lovingly. As I watched him welcoming our little daughter to the world, I began to wonder how our future would look like. But right now, there was no time for that. She had to be fed first.
I gently brushed her rump and nudged her, helping her get up. She tried again and this time she stayed up. She walked towards my hind by instinct, and I slightly nudged her that way, felt something grab onto my skin. What the hell?
Wondering what the little filly did, I turned my head and tried to look under my belly. She was drinking milk.
'So that's how they do it...', I thought and smiled. I couldn't remember my childhood - and didn't want to either - so I didn't know what exactly was happening.

A sigh left me and I felt the sleepiness fall over me like a pelt of black shadows. It was morning now, with the sun set high on the blue sky, but I still felt like sleeping.
"Azz... I'm so tired." My blue gaze turned to his red pools and observed him. He seemed nervous, happy, shocked, proud... I guess that's exactly how a father should feel about his newborn child.

"Talking."

ooc: Bad. But I wanted to post D:
word count: 451

Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.

The Dark Empress did not generally do things simply for fun, but when Mauja had suggested a jaunt outside their borders, she had found it impossible to refuse. With her role as Lady of the Basin, it had become increasingly difficult to get away. She had become enveloped in her role, spending day in and day out accepting newcomers, scaring off intruders, and mingling with her herd to gain their respect and devotion. It was a slow process, but one she was coming to enjoy. Still, though, she missed the freedom of anonymity, the ability to come and go as she pleased. The only true fun she'd had recently was when Crowley had brought home a pegasus mare. As far as the shade knew, the feather-brain was still trapped in her lands, held for crimes that she did not commit. Not that anyone else needed to know that.

She had assumed that the FrostHeart sought peace and quiet. He had changed from the stallion she had once known, though she was unsure which she preferred. Her old self preferred his old self, but she was still learning herself now. Did she like the more sensitive King? Did she like that his mask fell before her? In a way it made her feel trusted, and she was pleased that she could get something from him that others could not. And did she not return the same courtesy to him? She was not the bare, broken mare that she had been during that brief dream not so long ago, but nor was she the false, masquerading queen that she had once been. Perhaps they were better suited this way. Perhaps things would work out better between them the second time around.

For the first time in her life, the jackal had no real plan. Once she would have plotted to gain his heart, his power, his prestige for her own - hell, she had done that! - but now what did he have to offer her that she did not have herself? It was a rather interesting conundrum, an intriguing role reversal, and she found that she was able to relax in his presence without the need to prove anything to him. Had she worried that he would leave the Basin, the Plague, she might have had something to fight for, but his loyalty was one thing that she did not question. With that in mind, it had been that much easier for her to fall into a faux peace as they walked along the base of the mountains and out into the world. When she returned, she would no doubt be faced with as many trials as she had been when she left.

She spoke rarely as they walked along, perhaps commenting here and there on various landscape features, the myriad of animals running around (or, rather, lying in the shade) in the Tallsun heat. It got warmer as they moved south, and uncomfortable for the Empress. By now she had grown used to the balmy, if not slightly chilly, temperatures of the North. The heat of the southern lands was most unpleasant, particularly as they reached the Thistle Meadow, a long stretch sans trees for shade. Her interest was piqued, though, by the rather large pair of wings in the middle of the field, and without thinking she began to approach. Closer inspection found a unicorn mare and a hybrid foal, and disgust colored the shade's thoughts. She glanced at Mauja, the old, mischievous, playful gleam in her amber gaze. Would he be up for a little fun, for old times' sake?

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

He wasn't quite sure what madness had descended on him, but the end result was undeniable: he and Psyche were ambling away from the Basin, alone, and instead of falling into awkward silence or hidden taunts, they had something almost.. companionable. Even the long intervals of silence did not bother him, or make him feel uncomfortable — in fact, nothing had him looking over his shoulder, wondering if he'd come back at all from their little trip. Bit by bit it was as if his facade eroded, not in the spectacular crash it had been the first time, but rather in the slow trickle of ice thawed by the sun. It was not weakness which lay beneath, no tears, but quite an ordinary man: he could laugh, tease, smile, and something like warmth lay in his eyes. Of course, even Mauja the Ice King, who still lurked on his skin most of the time, had had warmth in his eyes, but it had been like the sun glinting off snow. It had been the winter sun which barely warmed, contained to his eyes, his smile.

Now, it lay in his soul.

It was much the way it had been when Faelene had surprised him at the pool, that it felt pointless to take the mask back on once she'd seen his face — his eyes — without it. Psyche had seen his mask drop before Faelene had, but he'd not spent much time alone with the Dark Empress, for better or for worse. She knew his face for what it was, she knew what it looked like with the hardened mask, and with the genuine openness. But, the most fascinating thing of all, and if he thought about it, perhaps the reason he let the mask fall, was that she did the same — or at least, he thought so. So many times had he asked her, who are you?, and now he was being given the chance to see for himself. It was like realizing the book you've read a thousand times had just as many more chapters, only you somehow never noticed. Whatever had happened to her in his absence had done her good. She was easier to get along with.. easier to like.

The sun had climbed up from the horizon, beating down upon them, merciless and cruel. No clouds shielded his back, and for what felt like the tenth time that minute he slapped his tail against his sweaty hocks. Living in the Basin didn't exactly prepare you for the rest of Helovia, even if this summer so far had nothing on the one he'd suffered through last year. They'd exchanged the trees for the open meadow, and he was starting to regret it, though he was loath to suggest they turn home; despite all his instincts, he rather enjoyed this sophisticated side of her. He knew that she had a wild heart, and a wild mind, but she wasn't feral, not anymore. In some way, he could even fool himself to think that she cared.

But that would be stupid to think.

They saw the wings at perhaps the same time, and without thought, without words, they both approached, drawing closer like curious, hungry wolves. Mauja's black-rimmed ears flipped forward, his eyes keen; the mask slipped on, his gaze growing colder. Rounding the tawny mess of a gangly Pegasus, he found something he should've been prepared for, but didn't want to acknowledge.

Nestled under the shadow of the red and orange feathers, stood Delinne. Beneath her, stood a small, black foal, with wings by her sides, nursing from her dam. Mauja's gut froze, and behind his unmoving mask he ground his teeth together. Trying to ignore the disappointment, this inevitable play-out of fate, he forced something like recognition and mild, friendly surprise onto his face, thawing his eyes. "Delinne?" he said, his voice light, as if he was thinking it a great pleasure to find her, her newborn and her mate upon the lavender meadow. But it was not, it was a displeasure, and all his hopes of this loyal mare bearing unicorns, even with a featherbrain father, were rendered obsolete. Craning his head slightly, he met Psyche's eyes; she was the predator again, a gleam within their amber depths which he recognized from so long ago. Sir, he thought, one corner of his mouth curling into a small gesture, something like a smile. Surely she would know what it meant — surely she'd also know, that they should tread carefully, for Delinne had been of value to them.

Their quiet exchange had taken no longer than a heartbeat, swift, but important. His gaze returned to Delinne, swept over the red-speckled hide of her filly.. up onto her mate, and within his skull, Mauja's brain was working at a fast pace. Thoughts and plans evolved, were analyzed, picked apart, and he wished he could somehow meld his mind with Psyche's — how terrible, and perfect, would they be as one? The concept was alluring, and frightening, but he could not dwell on that now. Instead, he narrowed his eyes slightly at Azzaron, anger in them, and then brought them back to Delinne, concerned. "Why are you with him?" he asked her quietly, drawing nearer a step, as if worried for her safety, the integrity of her heart. He dared not look upon Psyche, but all who knew Mauja knew that he was an avid tail-swisher, so it was not so strange that the white strands reached out to strike against the Empress' hocks, a silent message, a plea for her to play along. "Don't you know what he's done?" Quiet, quiet words, worried, worried eyes.

angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Deceased
Dark

I'm proud now, learning that this little filly was my daughter. I... I was a father. Pride welled in my heart, but only lasted a moment before blasting out of the roof as I watched the small, dark filly stumble towards her mother. I lift the corners of my mouth into a happy smile, unable to contain myself. I watch as the filly nurses for the first time, her long, skinny legs made her body look awkwardly disproportionate. Everything seems perfect at the moment, although Delinne seems very tired. I don't blame her. Squeezing a child out of your stomach must be very tiring and painful. I give her a delicate kiss before noticing the dark mare and spotted stallion striding towards us. Instantly my joy and pride are shattered like a piece of fragile glass falling against hard rock.

I first take notice of the mare. She's got feathers in her mane, and... teeth? I stare, surprised. But these weren't just any teeth, they were horse teeth. I didn't want to know if those were bird feathers or pegasus feathers. Instead I focus on her appearance. A slender, muscular mare with a dark coat blanketing her body. She has these unforgiving amber eyes, and a cruel, twisted horn atop her head. The stallion at her side is white, black speckles splotched all over his body. Icy cold blue eyes seem to show no emotion whatsoever, or, was that a hint of happiness? Probably not. An icy horn sits atop his large head, proving he was a unicorn. I stare for a moment before hearing the stallion's words.

At first, I think he's friendly from the way he says Delinne's name in a pleasurable tone. He seems a bit shocked to see Destry and I beside Delinne. Did Delinne know him? I flick my ears back, wondering for a moment before the stallions' next words slip out, fast as a striking snake. He spoke with rage, but his venomous words were directed at Delinne and not me. I flick my pale gold ears back, gluing them to my skull. He was one of them. I had encountered a few before, racist unicorns. They seemed to hate hornless horses, when all they were were needle heads. They thought they were better than us without horns.

I keep my ears stuck to my skull as I stare at the speckled unicorn with fiery eyes. "Do you have a problem with Delinne and I being together? Do you have a problem with our child?" I wrap my wing tighter around Delinne, making sure neither of the unicorns moved towards us. I flinch as the spotted stallion steps closer, and I instantly step forward slightly, keeping my wing over Delinne's back.

My lip curls begins to curl before I force myself to calm down. "I'm sure Delinne knows what I've done. I've provided her with something she thought she'd never have. A child of her own and someone who loves her." I step closer to Delinne, my voice booming out with both pride and stubbornness. Playing with fire isn't he? I glance at the spotted stallion with red orbs, making sure he didn't come any closer than he already was. If he or the other mare dared to take another step I wold burn them to ash.

I would protect my newborn child and my mate with all my life, even if I do die in the process.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Protective little Azz <3

word count: 574

When your crowns break."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

Such a perfect scene. A unicorn mother and her winged mate, smiling at their newborn hybrid-daughter. I didn't want this scene to be ruined ever, but as always... I wasn't going to have my way.
It had been a long time since I'd seen Mauja, and even longer the mare next to him. Hadn't she been fighting Paladin in the invasion? It must've been...
Suddenly I was afraid of Mauja and this mare. Would they try to hurt my newborn daughter? Would Mauja take her away from me? Or even worse, the mare? Her golden eyes had a mischievous look and I did not like it a bit. The uncomfortable feeling in my stomach got worse as they came closer to us, making me flick back my ears.

"Delinne?"

His sweet voice made me confused, and his friendly appearance too. He seemed.. Good. Like if he was glad to find me and my new family. My family... That sounded way too good in my ears.
As Mauja came closer, he spoke quietly to me, words that made me confused again.
"Why are you with him?" Why wouldn't I be with him? He had given me the one hing I've been wanting - no, longing for - since I had started wondering if I would ever become a mother in my father's herd.
He had given me love, the ability to trust a stallion like a mate. I watched closely as the white unicorn came even closer and my ears were tight against my neck as he said the last words.
"Don't you know what he's done?"

He had done nothing. Right? I glanced confused at Azzaron, listening to his defending words.
"Do you have a problem with Delinne and I being together? Do you have a problem with our child? I'm sure Delinne knows what I've done. I've provided her with something she thought she'd never have. A child of her own and someone who loves her."
My heart's own words spoken out loud and I smile at him. He was my mate, he had made my dreams come true about becoming a mother and experience real love.

I turned my horned head to Mauja and the mare, almost staring at them with my blue eyes.
"Mauja. This is the pegasus I was talking about when we met so long ago. I'm with him because I..." My voice broke, but I cleared me throat quickly and continued.
"Because I love him and he have given me one thing that I thought wasn't possible. Motherhood."
Destry stopped nursing and backed away, only to turn her head toward me. A smile curved my lips and I nudged her black face. The filly giggled - and I almost died from cuteness - and she faced Mauja. Her cream forelock parted in two and showed off the little tiny bump and needle that soon would become a full-grown horn. She also flexed her red wings to show her black feathers on the warm inside. The red-blue eyes sparkled when she observed the black mare and the white stallion, giggling with joy to meet these two strangers.
She was the most beautiful filly I've ever seen, and I was proud to be her mother. More proud than what I've ever been of anything.

Mauja couldn't take this away from me. Neither could that black mare. They couldn't tore us apart as a family and they never would. I glanced at my King, smiling again.
"This is my family, Mauja. Azzaron, my mate, and my daughter... Destry."

"Talking."

ooc: Thank you, Rayo and Neo, for participating in this thread <3
word count: 591

Remember?

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

The scene was picturesque: the unicorn mare and her pegasus mate, their tiny foal sheltered behind their much larger forms. It was a scene of new life, of serenity, a little piece of heaven in a cold, hellish world. And they were out to mess it all up. The shadow-mare was not moved by the 'cuteness' of the goings-on - after all, what heart had she to speak of? Her open gaze and easy manner had evaporated, disappeared behind the mask she slipped on so easily, as though returning to the comfort of an old blanket, cast aside in adulthood but longed for nonetheless. Perhaps it was her true nature, to hide behind impassioned, gleaming orange eyes, to delight in the discomfort of those she deemed lesser. Perhaps it was simply the easier path to take. Or perhaps she was, in her truest sense, a mixture of both, a complex creature with complex emotions, thoughts, reasons.

It would have been all too easy, the picture that painted itself across her mind. The mare was tired, the jackal knew this all too well, having gone through the birthing process herself. She would not put up much of a fight. Between the two of them, she and Mauja could easily bring the pegasus down, for though he was clearly a fighter, so were they. And then the foal, so young and trusting, so incapable of escape. Well, they would make quick work of that. And then she'd had a few more trinkets to hold as trophies, she and her King would have had a wonderful bonding experience, and they could return home in high spirits.

And then Mauja spoke in earnest tones, and her loyalty to him was tested, torn as she was between distant, unknown feelings for him and the desire to rip, to tear, to kill. A moment's hesitation, but her ties to the FrostHeart held, and the brush of his banner against her hocks thrilled her for more reasons than one. Immediately, she understood that there was something deeper here, something of which she was not aware. Perhaps a spark of jealousy triggered in her mind, but she brushed it aside. There was no time for that, no room in her ever-whirring mind, not when she ran through scenarios, possibilities. After all, hadn't she seen the unicorn - he'd called her Delinne, hadn't he? - in the invasion. If nothing else, she deserved respect for fighting with them, didn't she?

Even if she had violated the laws of supremacy.

"Don't you know what he's done?" he asked, and the Empress stepped forward, standing by the King's shoulder. She cast him a look of complete dismay, then returned her amber gaze to the scene before her. Dismay shifted to pity as she listened to the stallion's protective reply. The shifts were easy, perfect, a lifetime of manipulation beneath the surface allowing her to react with the precision of a well-trained actress. She waited, biding her time, allowing Delinne the chance to speak. And then her own lyrics sprang forth, a liquid, poisonous tone designed to draw her prey into her clutches, to convince others of her truthfulness. Perhaps there was even a touch of magic in it, for her argument sounded convincing even to her own auds. "Darling, as lovely as a family is, don't you think he sounds a bit too defensive?"

She offered a sad smile to the mare, acting for all the world like a damsel that had once been wronged in a very similar way - though in what way the skyrat had done wrong, she was not sure. That, she would leave to Mauja. "Speaking strictly from experience, dear, I'd be a bit worried about that, if I were you." Still her tones are liquid, flowing, enticing. How easy it was to slip into this role, to participate in this deception. And how fun. Had they ever done something like this before? Or had their exchanges always been biting words and wariness, or, before that, seduction and power plays? She had caught the slight quirk of his mouth, the glint in his orbs. How dangerous would they be in these new roles that they had put on, this new kinship that they shared?

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Ascended Helovian

So sorry for the wait. <3 Muse did not cooperate.

He'd been worried that Psyche would not play along, that she'd do as she had a million times before and lower her head, to run her barbed horn through Azzaron's chest. Not that Mauja truly would've minded that particular thing (and if she did at a later point, he'd stand by and cheer her on), but he had a different approach in mind. It didn't even strike him as odd that he took command, that he steered them down this path — he was the Bane of their existence, was he not? And thus, tasked with how to manage others. Sometimes, it was better, more rewarding, to spill the blood of their souls and minds, than the blood of their bodies. A dead lover you can mourn, but a cheating lover, you will hate. Even though Mauja felt like grinning, a sadistic smirk, and even though he felt giddy inside, he kept his outward face on, the gentle, worried pity in his blue, blue eyes, his harmless stance with a lowered head held out in front of him. No amount of time spent in Hell would interfere with his iron control, not today. Far too much was at stake.

It was no wonder that the winged stallion's ears were flat against his neck, but it did not faze the Frostheart. He seemed flipping mad anyway, ready to strike, and the brashness made the monster in Mauja's soul smirk in satisfaction. The pity his eyes held for Delinne hardened to something else when they fell upon her mate, disgust rolling in his belly at how his wings gripped her, smothered her — as if he claimed her.. owned her. Mauja could've growled, but instead he kept his silence, and his ground, even as the Pegasus boy took a small step forward. Psyche was by his side, a smooth wraith, and he took comfort in knowing that she was with him. True, she'd not opened her black mouth yet, but if she went along with this — please, don't betray me. There was a reason she'd dealt with the action and he with the diplomacy, and now he could only hope some time alone on a throne had taught her the necessity of caution.

".. because I love him..." Is it so, Delinne, or is it only what you think? As his eyes moved back to her, the same gentle sorrow crept into them, and he knew that he ought to speak — the words of them both were still rolling in his head, striking his mind like flint and steel to spark a fire — but he was saved from it by the little girl, Destry. She turned, with milk-white lips, to look at them both with curious, excited eyes. The eyes of innocence, of foals, who thought no harm could befall them. The tawny tufts of fur on her forehead were parted by a nub, and Mauja felt himself grow even colder, if it was even possible. Wings, and a horn. Delinne, Azzaron, Destry. What a happy little picture, but then there was the Frostheart and the Dark Empress, poised to strike and paint it all on darkness and blue.

Psyche's persuasive voice came as a surprise even to him, but in the next heartbeat, he merely felt a deep satisfaction. They were in this together, and that fact alone sent an electric thrill running through his veins. "I've seen him," Mauja said quietly, speaking to Delinne, and her little girl. "I've seen him do this before." Of course, he hadn't, but they didn't need to know that now, did they? And if they asked him how — well, he happened to have an owl who liked to range far and wide and send him pictures of all sorts of nasties he wished he'd never laid eyes on. "He'll tell you that I'm lying. He'll tell you to believe him, and not me — what else can he say? Admit to it?" Mauja's lips curled slightly when he flashed Azzaron a dark gaze, and protectively he drew another step closer, as if to shield Delinne and Destry from him, yet not close enough to either touch nor separate them. Voice little more but a whisper, his soft eyes back on the mare he sought to guard from harm. "He's done this -" Mauja's black muzzle canted slightly in the direction of Destry. "- before..." There was regret in his eyes. "Recently. I'm sorry, Delinne..." The picture of a friend, a sad friend, dejected, as he had to bring these news — the news which could crash an entire world.

Deceased
Dark

I keep my eyes on the unicorns, glancing at Delinne once and a while. Were they... jealous? Or were they just trying to destroy my family? I snort, still trying to defend my family from believing them. But these bastards, they were trying to take it all way from me. They wanted to tear them from my grasp, wanted me to curl up and die. But I wouldn't. I would fight back. I wouldn't lose to them. Not now. Not when my daughter had just been born.

That black... hag, her poisonous words came out quickly, and I'm slightly shocked. Me, overprotective? No, I wasn't! I was trying to defend my family. "Quiet! I'm not being overprotecting, I'm just defending my mate and my newborn daughter. Can't you just leave us alone?" I snarl, my words cruel, coated in flames that reached for the mare with their burning fingers.

She was trying to separate us! It wouldn't work, Delinne would never listen to her! I snort, stomping my hoof. I flicked my tail, my wing still wrapped over Delinne and Destry. I could feel the heat of the sun beating down on my back, and I whisper into my mind, Sun god, save me from this. Even though it probably wouldn't work.

I'm there, defending my family. I was losing. I wanted both of these needle heads to burn. Especially after what the spotted one said. Instantly I'm enraged, my inner fire growing larger and larger. It was ready to engulf me whole, burning with a dangerous venom."SHUT UP!" I roar, the anger and rage burning deep within me."YOU LIAR! YOU TELL LIES! I WILL SET ON FIRE AND LET YOU TURN TO ASH! NOW TAKE THAT BACK YOU BASTARD!" I'm screaming, my throat becoming sore. I was ready to let this bastard burn. I wanted him to die a slow and painful death. I wanted him to crumple up into a pile of dried skin. That would be spectacular! I smile, my lips curled into a cruel smile.

"Don't listen to these liars Delinne, please. I swear upon my life that I have not loved anyone before. I love only you, and I will always love you. Don't listen to them."My next words are directed at Delinne, their pleading... my fierce red gaze softens as I stare into Delinne's eyes. They caress me for only a moment before I tear away, snorting. "Leave... NOW."I demand, my inner fire still fueled by rage. If they didn't leave soon I would probably end up attacking them. I was ready to, I didn't care if those two had magic, I would die to protect my family.

I would shred these bastards limb. From. Limb.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Uh-oh. Azzaron is in rage mode. o.o (Coding isn't working for me for some reason. Help? xP)

word count: 456

When your crowns break."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

I was confused.
Thinking that I knew what was going on, I also knew that is was wrong. I didn't know what was going on. It was all chaos in my head, chaos and the beginning of a depression.
"...don't you think he sounds a bit too defensive?" I looked at the black mare, then at Azzaron. Was he too defensive? Memories whirled in my head and I agreed with the mare. He did sound a bit too defensive... Almost as if I was his and his alone.
That was something I would never be. I would never become anyone's toy again. My childhood had been enough.
Slowly, I pulled away from Azzaron, but it was a bit hard since his wing almost held me back. At least it felt like it, but I didn't know if he meant it. Or I was just weak.

"I've seen him do this before." My gaze turned to Mauja and I stared at him. What?! Shifting between Azz and Mauja, I started to become really confused, and my daughter was starting to sense worries.
She pointed back her ears and looked up at me.
"Mommy?" I glanced down at her, and lowered my head. Gently I touched her nosebridge and nuzzled it carefully, calming her down. The least thing I wanted was my daughter to be sad.
I looked at Mauja and Azzaron again, and I noticed how Mauja came closer to us - as if he was trying to part me and Destry from Azzaron.

"He'll tell you that I'm lying. He'll tell you to believe him, and not me - what else can he say? Admit to it?" He was right. I trusted my King to tell the truth and if he said so; It... It had to be true. I looked down and felt the tears slowly fill my blue eyes.
Why was there only misery in my life? This foal - and Mauja - was the only things lighting up my life right now. He would never lie to me... Right? No.

"SHUT UP! YOU LIAR! YOU TELL LIES! I WILL SET ON FIRE AND LET YOU TURN TO ASH! NOW TAKE THAT BACK YOU BASTARD!"

I stared at Azzaron with tears in my eyes, shocked over his choice of words. He seemed to angry, was it really true? I flicked back my ears and stroke them tightly against my black neck, glaring at him.
"Azzaron." My voice was harsh and when he turned to me, I just glared at him. His lips were curled by an evil-looking smile and I couldn't take it. Had he really been evil and lying this whole time?
"Don't listen to these liars Delinne, please. I swear upon my life that I have not loved anyone before. I love only you, and I will always love you. Don't listen to them." I snorted loudly at him and my daughter looked at me with confused eyes. Why was her mommy snorting at her daddy?
He was a liar.

"No, Azzaron. Mauja is my King no matter what and I am - have been since I arrived in this land - his loyal subject. I trust him... And someone who loved me wouldn't fucking yell infront of my newborn daughter." I lowered my head and nudged Destry to move toward Mauja, only to loosen myself from his wing and walk forwards as well. I turned to face Azzaron, my full body was standing so that he wouldn't be able to see my daughter.
I only stood about a half neck-length away from him, but it felt like ten miles. He had lied to me. He had used me just to have a foal.
My blue eyes were now filled with tears, and I felt one escaping down my cheek. He had never loved me...

"Azzaron... You better be the one who leaves right now." Those were the final words I spoke, before the tears started running down my cheek. It felt like my heart was broken into a thousand pieces, chattered and unable to heal ever again.
My daughter nudged my belly and walked to my head, kissing my leg with a gentle touch of her dark muzzle. Her eyes were filled with tears too, making me even more heartbroken. No. My daughter would not cry.
"Destry, don't cry. Mommy is alright. Let's go." I could barely speak as my voice broke and I nudged my daughter gently. This had been a truly eventful day...

"Talking."
"Destry talking."

ooc: -sob- :'<
word count: 750

Remember?

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
Psyche</style></style>

Even the shadow-mare knew that sometimes it was better to poison the mind rather than destroy the body. Sure, she could run the bastard through, it would be so easy, and she could trample the abomination of a foal, too, but that would not be as satisfying as watching their perfect little family fall to perfect little pieces before her eyes. No, in this, the torture was better, and as she watched the scene unfold, her thirst for vengeance upon those inferior to her was sated ever-so-slightly. The jackal resisted the urge to beam at her King, the urge to cackle maniacally as the pair before her confronted their shattered dreams. Instead, she kept her eyes steadily on Delinne, her gaze one of sympathy and friendship. Every now and then, her amber orbs would harden and turn cold as they flicked to the skyrat and back, as though she were angry at him for what he 'did' to Delinne.

Mauja was the epitome of perfection, not even needing magic to make his lies believable. Still, she would have her say, just in case there was any lingering doubt in Delinne's mind. She would help to drive the wedge between the couple, she would destroy their peace. And the foal... well, she would deal with that later. Azzaron screamed at them then, his fury palpable in the air that seemed to blaze around him. The she-demon resisted the urge to laugh, to scoff, to tell him that he was, quite simply, an idiot, not that she was surprised. So many of his kind were. But still she held her tongue, watching, waiting, a look of horror held carefully on her maw as he began to panic.

Mauja had stepped closer to Delinne, almost as though to shoo her away from Azzaron's grasp, to protect her from his fury. Now the Dark Empress, too, moved, placing herself firmly between the now-separated couple. Her eyes sparked dangerously as she considered the brute before her, fully aware that he may choose to lash out at her. Well, she could protect herself, couldn't she? And if she couldn't, she really had no business being the Lady of the Basin, now, did she? "You heard her," she hissed. "You may go, pegasus." She refrained from certain other, more preferable terminology, not wanting to give away their game, though it pained her to do so.

"Your presence is no longer required here. You are upsetting Delinne and the youngling, and quite frankly, I'm sure that we will care for them as you never did." To those around her, she looked fairly relaxed, though wary, fully aware of her position of danger. But her mind ticked steadily, dangerously on, and she was prepared for an attack at any time. On one level, she hoped that he would simply leave, for she had had her fun and was growing weary of him; on another, she desperately wanted him to lash out at her, to give her a reason to murder him where he stood.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

In a way, it was incredibly amusing to provoke the Pegasus. He had exactly the right sort of fuse to be the victim of these shenanigans: short. He was practically about to explode where he stood, his voice menacing, aggression leaking out of his every pore. Mauja would've loved to stand around and push his every button, until he was in such a rage that he didn't know what to do, but it would hardly look good. Instead, he just slicked his ears to his neck and glared whenever the birdbrain started speaking, but to call it "speak" was a lie. He was roaring, as if the sound waves could forcibly repel him and Psyche. But that, was not going to happen. With a cool expression of disapproval, Mauja kept staring at him, as if daring him to attack. Azzaron was doing everything the Ice King had hoped for: yelling uncontrollably, like a desperate man (and if someone was trying to poison his family against him, Mauja guessed he would be pretty desperate too), and calling Mauja, the calm one, a liar, which he had easily predicted and told Delinne. It was handy, when trying to convince someone, to point out all the things they would do, which would only further incriminate them. Such as, trying to blame someone else.

Fighting down the satisfied smirk, he glanced to Psyche with slight worry, as if to ask her if they should do something about the Pegasus' attitude. Not outright murder, but more of a this is why I brought back-up look. Mauja was fairly sure he could take on the stallion alone, but that was beside the point; the point was to make a convincing masquerade. He let his eyes back to Delinne, listening to, and seeing, the change within her. The cards were laid out, and they were in his favor — his calm demeanor in contrast of Azzaron's explosive mood, his sincerity, the months he'd spent protecting her from harm, guarding her home... Somehow it surprised him how sensible she was, weighing the time she'd known him against the time she'd known Azzaron. "No, Azzaron." He felt giddy all over again, as if his crush had just accepted to go out on a date, and if not for the severity of the situation he would've gone prancing around like a mad filly. Instead, he just felt a grim satisfaction, and as the lightning mare nudged her newborn hybrid towards him, he reached out gently to touch the side of her head in comfort. Delinne stood as a shield in front of her progeny, and taking advantage of his head already being lowered, he reached out to touch her shoulder in silence.

She told him to leave, and Psyche took it elegantly as her cue, stepping in to shield Delinne and further ordering the Pegasus away. With the volatile anger he'd shown, Mauja wasn't sure it was harmless, but unless the stallion exploded, he'd leave them be — seeing the tears in both Delinne's and Destry's eyes he felt a twinge of guilt, but it was quickly smothered as he tried to press his plush muzzle against the new mother's cheek. "I'm sorry," he breathed quietly, glancing over her neck to Psyche and Azzaron. "Let's go home." Even if things did turn violent, he was sure the Dark Empress could deal with the bastard alone. His role, now, was to care for Delinne, and moving slowly along with them he stayed near, hoping that his presence would be a comfort to both of them. The problem of Destry would have to be solved later, though he had to admit that he wasn't looking forward to having that discussion with Psyche. Mauja had never blamed hybrids for their parentage, and hopefully they were already on the way to curing Delinne of her love for the winged. Glancing over his pale shoulder, he wondered if all hell would break lose.

Deceased
Dark

My life was ending now.

I look at Delinne with fiery orbs, she looked so furious. I flick my ears back. "Delinne, please." She seemed so angry, and my heart sunk lower. "You believe him, don't you?" I feel the tears as they begin to flood down my cheeks. I smile, shaking my head. "I knew it would never last. At some point you had to leave me. Even though I helped you create new life." I turn away from Delinne's gaze and stare down at Destry. She was whining, her small little form clinging beside Delinne's.

This was my shattered family.

A poor little family that had been torn apart by two needle heads. All I could think about was how much it hurt. Inside, my heart was crumbling."Delinne, you're a fool for siding with them." I step towards Destry, bending over to speak. I look towards her, my eyes filling with tears. "Don't cry my dear little Destry. I'll see you soon." I turn away, beginning to walk away from them.

My presence was clearly not wanted. So why should I stay? I lift my leg up slowly, placing it down gently. It seemed as though all my weight sunk down to my legs, and the earth itself was tugging at my legs as if to keep me from leaving. Was I supposed to stay? Should I stay? No, I wouldn't. They clearly didn't want me here.

I look one last time before I start galloping and launch into the air, my wings outstretched. Who knows where I would be going.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: :'c
word count: 264

When your crowns break."