the Rift

[THROAT] New Beginnings

Suoma Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She entered a new world, surrounded by trees, seeing nothing but green. Shafts of light shone through gaps between the tree limbs. Leaves crackled under her body mass as she wandered straight ahead, like she knew where she was going. Suoma took slow, steady breaths. Her steps were long and drawn out, yet kept an elegant display. Her chest was damp with sweat and she felt a few beads of perspiration trickle down her multicolored leg. Those curiosity filled lavender eyes sparkled once they caught a ray of the sun. She batted her wings slowly to create a subtle breeze, helping to cool her off. It wasn't a devastatingly hot day but god forbid she show up wherever she was to go looking like a torn down and lost mare.

Suoma didn't exactly need an escape, or someone to sweep her off of her feet, not that it wouldn't be nice, she had just decided to leave her kingdom. She was rather fed up with all the incidents and a few mistakes that happened to not only her but other mares in the land. She was admittedly a sucker for stallions and wasn't too smart with her choices. Despite her looks of independence, she always feels a need for a partner and back in her territory she went through 'mates' like a wild fire going through a dried forest. In conclusion she had made some bad decisions and had some foals she eventually abandoned. She had convinced herself that finding a new place to stay would be like 'the beginning of a new life.'

Reflecting back on her past isn't her favorite thing to do, she prefers to forget it about it and move on, bringing her to Helovia where she can continue her life and perhaps make some better decisions.

ooc; I'm a little rusty, so forgive my rustiness.

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

The death of Azzuen had shaken the Throat at a time that was not the best, for sure. Rowan knew she was a terrible person simply for reviewing his death as circumstances that linked with times, but she had often been called a robot in her life. It was simply down to the fact that her mind had long since separated itself from her heart in order to let her brilliance shift to greater planes. However the agony of her mentor and teacher was too much and she had needed to flee the depressed atmosphere. In doing that she had taken to perusing the Threshold for possible brothers and sisters, needing to simply do something in order to satisfy her mind. Rowan feared the day it would turn on her, as it had tried to multiple times already. Genius was a terrible and beautiful thing to live with, she had decided.

It seemed she was in luck that day, or perhaps it was the mare’s luck. After all weren’t nearly all inhabitants of the Threshold searching for a home? A family? Stability? It was as if the magic of their gods drew them to those woods, instead of any other part of the world of Helovia. Perhaps that was best, considering it was the easiest way to find newcomers. She is a clash of bay and alabaster, clearly beautiful in her own exotic way. Rowan quickened her steps, her own plain chocolate form coming into view, oceanic irises regarding the new female with a detached curiosity. She remembered many seasons ago when she, too, had stood in the Threshold waiting for someone to find her and bring her home. Like a lost puppy. She had advanced so far since then, and still owed Prometheus for bringing her to the Throat. Maybe she could be that kind of guardian to this fae, as well. ”Hello, ma’am. I am Rowan, Scholar of the Dragon’s Throat. Are you lost, or merely searching for a home?” Tone is polite but slightly curious, blonde curled mane falling in waves against her shoulders as she relaxed her posture and flicked cocoa listeners at the other woman.

[[Gah that was terrible ;~; my apologies]]

Suoma Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Creamy colored ears twitched at the words of a mare. ”Hello, ma’am. I am Rowan, Scholar of the Dragon’s Throat. Are you lost, or merely searching for a home?” These words suddenly made Suoma grin. This was what she was waiting for, someone to show her the way to someplace she didn't know of. To think she could be so eager to go somewhere when she hadn't the slightest clue where it was, what it looked like, and who was there. She assumed that when you left everything and ran the oddest of options seemed so normal, or maybe just so easy. Or perhaps it was that she had taken so many chances before, even though ending up badly, she was always in for adventures.

Needless to say there were risks following a stranger, Suoma quickly and without much thought though, turned around and walked towards Rowan. "Hello, Rowan. I'm Suoma, and it just so happens I am looking for a home." Her voice was calm and clear, not a hint of sarcasm or bitterness, but nothing near bubbly. Just simply normal. No need to spice it up was there?

She wondered if it was bad that she wasn't thinking about leaving her past life. There wasn't much regret for abandoning her herd, no sorrow for never going back. Would she come back to reality after a while in Helovia, then wish to return? She wished she could predict the future, but then again, there would be no surprises, and don't surprises make everything better in the end?

OOC- Yours was fine! Now mine though...little bit of a train wreck, so sorry! -.-

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Upon her breath, listeners twitched as her words touched them. The grin that surfaced upon her visage was confusing, but it did not seem malicious in any way so Rowan was unbothered by her joy. She may not understand why she was smiling, but so long as it was not with hidden intentions of evil she wasn't one to correct her for merely moving the muscles of her face. Pillars twisted and the woman turned, moving towards her with little hesitance. Rowan blinked owlishly at her, wondering where the sudden trust came from. It escaped her, the answer, but she did not chase it down. Emotions weren't her forte. No, correction, people weren't really her forte. From her lips tumbled the title Rowan had been waiting for. Suoma. Tone was soft and complacent, kind but not overly. Rowan directed large oceanic irises at her face, her own completely relaxed and almost vapid. She didn't do smiles, not often, and she was almost a sociopath, but it didn't mean she meant anybody harm. Suoma seemed quite nice, and if she was looking for a home like she had said, then Rowan would be sure to see her off safely.

Short legs came to a slow halt, hooves perfectly aligned in a surprisingly military fashion. The air tasted sweet and damp within the threshold, the trees keeping moisture below despite the unbearable heat of Tallsun. Shifting light cast patterns upon her dark cocoa frame, highlighting it with gold lattice patterns and brightening up the blonde curls that draped low on her shoulders. Dark sapphire eyes studied Suoma, remaining silent for a while. There would be no invitation extended for the woman to return to the desert with her if there were any signs of violence or malicious behavior. Danger would not be taken within the borders if Rowan could help it, and with the threat of an invasion backing the Throat, she wouldn't rush her own personal process of acceptance. Once she had passed it, internally, Rowan stepped forward again only to pause the same way, a ghost of a smile on her face. Clearly awkward, as if she didn't quite know how to. "There are multiple homes in Helovia. The Windtossed Foothills, protected from the cold though always shifting in leadership from rumors apparently. The World's Edge, along the ocean, though I do not know much about it. And my home, the Dragon's Throat. However I will not let my words reach your ears, as I will likely be biased due to it being my home." Almost mechanically she spoke, mind elsewhere as always, running off into uncharted territory of the genius she had been cursed with. Yet there was no lack of kindness in her voice, clearly open to questions so long as she had not scared Suoma off.