the Rift

Transparent [Open]

Bernadette Posts: 14
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 4
M.E.

Bernad(ette)

The soft rustle of the waves against the sandy shore was like the wistful, thoughtful sigh of the sea, a salty exclamation that rustled Bernadette’s mane and tail as the fawn-like mare looked out into the sapphire depths. It was a scorching summer day, beautiful and opulent, coaxing the ocean to sparkle like the most gorgeous gemstone held up to the sun’s rays. The heat was no bother, however; the sand that packed underneath Bernadette’s hooves was relaxing rather than scorching and irritant, and she enjoyed the calming, rhythmic motion of the water as it lulled her limbs and cooled the terrified blood that coursed through her veins. It was a rare moment indeed that the grey nymphet wasn’t charged up with nervous energy, prancing about on the hooves of a ballerina and constantly looking over her shoulder for any shadows with hands and guns, snatching for her tail and telling her to go home, go home before she was caught late after bedtime. There were no shadows here, however; the beach was an open, friendly place, and the few shadows here that clung to the undersides of rocks were transparent thing, content to let her pass them by, giving her tiny snippets of welcome. Hello there, lil’ girl, I ain’t seen one like you before. It’s a hot one today, isn’t it?

As the sun beat down upon the earth, it hit Bernadette, and she stood there in her contemplation totally oblivious to her beauty; the light danced to and fro upon her hide, gliding from facet to facet and allowing every moment made by Bernadette to result in a shower of sparkling lights. Bernadette had never gazed upon her reflection and had never bothered to look down at her own body—as such, the poor thing completely missed the reasoning for anyone to ever covet her entire being. It was an alien thought, but Bernadette would never guess that the sunlight that danced around her would plague her with the appearance of a living, breathing treasure horde of diamonds.

“Do the fish feel the sun?” she asked herself, her voice tender and quiet, allowing herself the freedom of open contemplation and the relaxing feeling of an unguarded moment, “I bet they do, otherwise they might freeze to death, yes? It is a nice day isn’t it? I would love for some companionship, but the breeze is nice.” She lifted her head into the warm wafts of salty air that emanated from far out at sea, breathing in deeply and savoring the feeling of the ocean’s embrace. “Yes, very nice,” she said in affirmation. As she spoke, a fierce and valiant battle was taking place, somewhere deep within her gullet; her body told her to flee and run, for even in a shadowless place, evil lurked. He could see you here! You are wide open to attack. He could snatch you up and suck the meat from your bones. Still, though, Bernadette spoke to herself, ignoring the inner sense that urged her to find shelter.

Bernadette didn’t want to be afraid anymore. She was tired of running, tired of the flutter she felt with every step and the worry she felt every time she looked behind her, making sure she wasn’t followed. It was a sickness; this kind of worry and fear would kill the mightiest warrior, and Bernadette was nothing close to that. She needed to control this fear, because J—well, that guy, he was not going to find her here in this god-infested place. She needed to remind herself that.

This was a new life, and she needed to let go to finally live it.

~~~~~~~

"Hello!"
Goodbye!
Gettin' out of Dodge.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The waves were gently crashing down on the sandy shore. The heat of the sun had warmed the water and the creature felt it would be nice to raise above water level,anyway,there seemed to be some other creature on the shore who was alone and looking the company. I bet they do, otherwise they might freeze to death, yes? It is a nice day isn’t it? I would love for some companionship, but the breeze is nice. The sound of her sweet voice is quiet but it still ripples though the ocean and far enough out for me to hear. With a flick of it's silver tail and kicking motions of it's legs it propels itself though the water.

"If it is company you are looking for then it is company you shell have." He was so lonely down on the ocean floor by himself. Sure there were fish around and crabs and even a dolphin once or twice but it wasn't the same as speaking to a earth creature. The Kelpie threw back his head,his mane,although it had become wet in the water,somehow was now perfectly dry and each silver strand fell perfectly over his silver neck. He was a majestic,gentle stallion who had no interest in the world then to enjoy life and help others. I only wish my brother had the same ideas,but no,he thought it was better to eat this earth creatures. Where was he anyway?

His breathing methods switch from gills to nostrils as his body rested on the shore,the waves lapping around where his horse body and fish body meet. "You seem troubled?" The stallions voice was calm as his golden eyes washed over the body of the mare.

[Hope you don't mind this.]

"blah blah blah."

Bernadette Posts: 14
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 4
M.E.

Bernad(ette)

Perhaps…the fawnlette wasn’t as startled as she should have been. Granted, she was startled at the sudden appearance of the water-stallion; she gave a little gaspeth, prancing back on her legs with graceful, dainty movements, as though practicing and honing her muscles for this very moment. Her eyes stared forward with rapt attention, liquid orbs of molten silver taking in the stallion’s rather eccentric appearance. However, Bernadette’s reaction was a justified one, attributed to the genuine astonishment of being beset upon very suddenly by a complete stranger. There was no special attention paid to the fact that he was, indeed, scale-covered and strikingly handsome to behold—nor even so much as a batted eyelash at the not-so-subtle aspect of the fact that he emerged from the sea, brine, barnacles, and all, to heed her wistful sighs for companionship. No, all of these things Bernadette took with a generous, heaping measure of salt and sugar; the tenseness of her muscles relaxed themselves, and the former astonishment in her eyes quelled as pure, uncut curiosity took reign.

*"If it is company you are looking for then it is company you shell have."*

Bernadette’s ears perked up, listening to his gentle, soothing words; her tail sprang into the air proudly, as though desperately grasping for a reason to assert itself haughtily in the summer breeze; she clicked her forehooves together ever so slightly, the equine manifestation of a small clap of pleasure; her eyes danced and twirled a she looked at him, and her face broke into a sweet, infectious grin of gratitude. “Thank you!” she breathed, her whisper thrumming with the energy of her excitement, “I do appreciate such sentiments sir, you’re very kind. Very kind to a mare like me, of course, sir!”

*"You seem troubled?"*

“I—oh.” Bernadette had opened her mouth, taking a deep breath in preparation to bombard the kind stranger-stallion with all sorts of questions, observations, and chit-chat—but at his tentative question, the air drained from Bernadette’s breast, leaving the mare deflated somewhat, a shadow of her former vitality; even her tail found it appropriate to drag against the current once more.
“I…I am troubled, sir,” she said, the passion in her voice diminished; she looked to the ground, steely orbs cast upon the sand as she counted the golden grains, one by one, in an effort to stave off the foreboding feeling of creeping, whispering shadows.

Don’t fall for it, deary-lass! He’s hankerin’ for a slice! they called to her, mocking her, jeering the fawnlette. Bernadette did her best to ignore their raspy voices.

(OOC: I tried to wait and see if any others were willing to join. Oh well! :D )
~~~~~~~

"Hello!"
Goodbye!
Gettin' out of Dodge.