the Rift

Numb All The Time [PLAGUE, CLOSED]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

Crash Course
The art of fighting words to conquer life

Ugh, you have got to be fucking with me. I could smell that there had been fellow equine of all kinds lurking around here lately. No big surprise considering this was supposed to be the place to come if you're the new guy. Oh well. I just wandered on through the thin patch of birch trees, my tail had sticks and other shit stuck in it from barely dragging on the ground. It felt heavier than should be, so I raised it and flicked it around, the silver streaks sending small glints from whatever light it could gather from the lowering sun. A few twigs and what not fell out, but it still felt wrong. Not being able to see through this enormous forelock was rather irritating as well, especially since half the time it got stuck on one side or another of my horn, making it damn near impossible to shake it onto either side of my face.

The pressure of all my weight crushed sticks and made sickening grinding noises on every other rock I seemed to find when I stepped on them. I cocked my ears opposite of each other, one facing forward, the other back; taking in all the sounds around me. The scent of distant mares was slowly fading, almost upsetting me a little bit. Hopefully there would end up being some kind of female interaction around here. If not, I'd find some after a while I guess.

The flat ground began to dip down into a thick patch of trees that seemed to thin out again as they went. There was no way I was fitting through some of those tight fit spots, so it was time to stop and find something interesting in this place. Little creatures scampered around in the high branches of the trees, chirping and squeaking at each other as if they were having an argument. Go figure, it didn't take long to lose interest in watching the animals, so I leaned against the nearest tree, scratching my neck against the rough bark. A low sigh rumbled out of my chest, flaring my nostrils on the way out. Well, now it was time to wait for some poor son-of-a-bitch to find me and try to make small talk before I too lost interest in that. If nobody wanted me, then to hell with it, that may be just as good.

Has stopped the bloody knife of words again

Please tag me in all posts.

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
for the pain and the sorrow caused by my mistakes
won't repent to a mortal whom is all to blame

It had been quite some time since Crowley's last visit to the Threshold. The brindle had always found little interest in the arduous task of recruiting, but he knew well that it needed to be done. The Basin was growing to a healthy number, but there was still plenty of room within it's mountainous cradle for more. The Plague, too, was scrounging for numbers, but not just anyone could get into the secret group. One would have to be judged from afar before the thought of bringing it up even crossed his, or any of his brother's, minds.

Talbot seemed to be leading him along today, the curious pup sticking his nose into the ground for a moment, before his attention was suddenly taken away by the fluttering of a grasshopper. Thankfully, the pup knew better than to go very far, and was always coaxed back to the side of his bonded whenever Crowley gave a sharp snort or spoke his name. But as the young Hellhound continued his adventure through the Threshold, he stopped abruptly in his tracks, small ears picking up the sound of rubbing. Crowley, too, had caught on to the sound, and it took little time for the stallion to pinpoint the location of it.

Taking the lead now, Crowley soon found his golden eyes looking upon the form of a painted draft, satisfied when he noticed the ebony horn settled in the middle of his forehead. The stranger seemed in no hurry to get anywhere, and wore an almost bored expression on his face. The brindle's own nearly mirrored it as he drew to a halt, standing only a few yards from the Gypsy. "Welcome, brother," he spoke up, accent curling ever so slightly. At his side, Talbot stood, looking up at the painted unicorn with mild curiosity, but he remained still and quiet. "What brings you to this quaint little land of Helovia? Perhaps your forelock simply didn't give you the choice to see otherwise."

"blather blather blather"

Hidden Account

Crash Course

What a foul smell, what the hell is that? My ears flicked to the source of the sounds that followed the scent. Damn this hair, I can't see anything! I lowered my head, shaking my whole body and moving forward about an inch by doing so. Finally it was all scattered across my face, but I could see with both eyes, for once. Just as soon as I had lifted my head back up, I made eye contact with a strange looking, two horned stallion. A hound standing at his side with alert ears. That must have been the smell. "Welcome, brother, what brings you to this quaint little land of Helovia? Perhaps your forelock simply didn't give you the choice to see otherwise." My lips curled up in a mocking grin. "Blindly wandering, as you have noticed."

Just as I had ended the sentence, a section of white hair cascaded back over my right eye, completely closing out my vision. I just let out an irritated sigh. "The shit just won't stop growing." My ears pushed forward as my deep blue eyes took in the pup. What a different little creature, I don't believe I have come across one of these. I stretched my nose down toward it, inspecting it a little closer, but not pushing the animal's boundaries. "And who's this? Or should I say, what is this?" Nothing else seemed to be interesting besides this studs horns and his little beast, so why not ask about it?

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
for the pain and the sorrow caused by my mistakes
won't repent to a mortal whom is all to blame

It hardly came as a surprise when Crowley noticed the stallion's wandering gaze, undoubtedly looking at his strange, twisting horns. They seemed to be a target of interest with almost everyone he'd ran into here in the Threshold, but the brindle had long since grown immune to the folly of others.

Before Crowley could even open his mouth to give a response, a tendril of hairs cascaded over the Gypsy's eye, and he found himself hardly containing a laugh. "I'm certain you could find someone more than willing to help you by pulling it out, darling." Another moment, and the painted seemed to have shifted his attention to the young pup at his side, much to his pleasure. Crowley wasn't much into talking about hairstyles anyway.

"This is Talbot," he answered, "He is a Hellhound. Curious thing, isn't he?" From his spot at Crowley's left, the pup perked his ears at the nearing muzzle of the stranger, and pushed himself to all four feet to inspect. Stepping closer, Talbot closed the distance rather bravely, sniffing away until his wet nose touched the draft's, at which point he gave a jolt and went scurrying backwards, nearly toppling over as he ran into Crowley's left foreleg.

A sigh escaped the brindle's lips and he gave a shake of his head, deciding it best not to comment on the pup's lack of confidence. He would grow better in time. "If it is a home that you seek, then I extend an invitation to the lovely Aurora Basin. It is home only to those of us which are horned; a superior herd among the rest here."

"blather blather blather"

Hidden Account

Crash Course

"This is Talbot, he is a Hellhound. Curious thing, isn't he?" The pup neared me, sniffing deeply and eventually touching our mugs together. Just as I was about to let out a small chuckle, the pup scurried away quickly, hiding behind his leader. The two horned stallion didn't seem impressed with his hound with the sigh he let out. I just grinned at the small animal, my ears flicking toward the pair in front of me. "Very curious at that." I left the sentence hanging, just for the air to quickly be filled with conversation again, this time not about something small.

"If it is a home that you seek, then I extend an invitation to the lovely Aurora Basin. It is home only to those of us which are horned; a superior herd among the rest here." I perked my ears forward again, bewildered that I had not been cast away already. With an appreciative nod, I let a genuine smile crawl awkwardly across my lips. "I appreciate that, I feel that I would fit in comfortably with our kind."