the Rift

[complete] I have had enough. [Open]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

[Hey,I know this is a open thread but it is really only open to those with a wolf/dog/zombie companion or wolf/dog/zombie/summoning magic so that I can (hopefully) finish of Lupus's quest,Thanks]

That was it. I have had enough of all this messing about. I wanted my wolves and I swear I am going to get them,even if it kills me. Well maybe not if it killed me actually,thinking about it. Ayaka's magic was the last push towards it for I was pretty amazed by it though it must take a lot out of the rustic wolf when she howled and the flames flew out her mouth,setting alight anything that stood in it's path. Call me jealous but who could not want that magic? Anyway,I wasn't going to hate her for having magic. I may be some cold guy but I don't get jealous. Anyway,my feelings for Ayaka were the total opposite of jealousy. I smile slightly thinking about her. The she-wolf had shifted a cog inside me when I had met her. She was the only fellow wolf to be kind to me for a start and that had made a big first impression on me.

Snow is falling thickly down and the temperature has dropped a bit from what it usually was around here,despite being in the Tall Sun season. My snowy white coat looked perfect in the scene of the ever tumbling snow. It was pure white without a hint of dirt on it as I made sure I kept my coat clean and anyway,I had the time,it wasn't like anyone asked anything from me. Not even the Basin. I came looking for action around here not to be board to death chasing birds just for the fun of it. Maybe,hopefully,I won't have to wait for long for something interesting to happen. Or i'll have to find something interesting to do on my own.

I take a pause in my walking,shaking my coat rid of snow,not that it helped for the snow kept falling. It was wet and sloppy,not like the beautiful flakes you see in the colder seasons. Arching my neck slightly I take a deep breath in before howling. The sound rings out all around,letting my presence be known. I was looking for a fight. And I was going to get it. As my howl draws to a end my keen eyes look around, searching the land for life,and for someone who had come to answer my battle howl.

[2 Posts each. Who ever starts the spar will get one defense post. Will take part in the Frostbreath Steppe where it is snowing. You can use magic and companions.]

[WC:397]

[Summary:Howls,and waits.]

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lunare Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Lunare
I'm no ones pretty little girl

text text text

I was treading among the snow, confident but very lonely. There was no one out here equine or canine. That didn't deter me though. I was hungry, and I wanted to eat. I sulked along, trailing any scent of rabbit. My near white fur blended in with the snow, and my violet eyes were the only things that set me apart. After walking about in this barren land, I finally heard a faint shuffling somewhere in the snow. My ears perked up, and all my senses were alert. My violet eyes widened, and I froze as I saw a tiny little lemming emerge from its burrow in the snow. I didn't even lick my lips as I saw the morsel scurrying in the snow. I crouched down, like a feline, flattening against the snow and slowly coming up behind the lemming. Finally, when I felt myself close enough, I burst out, pushing with my hind legs, pursuing the little animal. Its end was quick as I broke its neck and devoured it whole. I felt a little bit more replenished, and continued on.

In the distance, I hear a challenging howl. I almost smiled. It sounded like that one wolf I met, Lupus. Accepting the challenge, I threw my head back drawing out a beautiful howl. This fight was to be fought. My neck fur bristled in anticipation, and my eyes narrowed as I ran towards where the eerie sound came from. I came face to face with the black, soulless eyes of the handsome wolf lupus. I grinned a wolfish grin and spoke with my heavy Russian accent "Hello there Lupus. Long time, no see", I said, raising my tail up challenging his authority. He was the one who was asking for a fight, and I was going to give it to him.

Without a warning, I struck out at him, focusing all of my speed and strength to hit him forcefully in the side. I wondered if he was going to dodge me.

Attack: 1/2
Defense: 0/1

Summary: Lunare answers to his call, and charges at him, trying to be unexpected to barrel into his side. :3

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Lunare. I smile slightly as her own howl ripples though the cold air,entering my ears. She was perfect to help with my quest. I liked Lunare,she was interesting. She had a heavy accent which made conversations with her quiet interesting. Ever since I first met her I have wondered how she actually came here because,having the strong accent,she most likely,defiantly did not come from around here and it wouldn't surprise me if she came from father a field then myself. Though,of course,I didn't feel like I liked her as much as Ayaka,who had somehow changed me inside slightly.

As I expected the silver pelted wolf came,her violet orbs narrowed slightly. Her wolfish grin beats mine as 'grinning' is not really my thing at all. My soulless eyes meet with her purple gems that seem to see right into me. Hello there Lupus. Long time, no see. Her voice rings as the start of the challenge,which is just what I wanted. Her tail raises ever so slightly but my keen eyes notice the small movement,it was a challenge in authority. She was going to give me the fight I needed.

Her silver body moves with speed and force,her muscles working hard to ram into my side with a decent blow to give me a bruise. But it was a bit predictable,don't you think? Even the horse's seemed to take to the charging method,it was always the same,never a change,but then I suppose my dodge was just as predictable. Whilst almost rolling my eyes at the predictable charge I step neatly to the left side of her,my neck curving round towards her and aiming a strong powerful bite at the flesh on her side. My whole body follows my curving neck so that I am facing her side. My body almost rears like a horses though my paws barely leave the ground before stretching out to grip the wolf with my claws. Although they weren't sharp like a cat's and couldn't cut though skin as quickly or neatly as a cat's they could draw blunt,rugged lines though flesh and that was my aim,although I didn't want them to be to deep for,like I said,I did quiet like the silver wolf. My weight pushes down on my front legs,ready to give her a sharp shove if my laws came into connect with her and hopefully push her down onto the snow that was building up in height slowly.

[WC:427]

[Summary:Steps to the left of her charge,body turns to bite her side and also grip her with his claws and push her down.]

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Lunare
I'm no ones pretty little girl

text text text

Almost predictably he sidestepped my attack. A rush of anger surged through me. I was getting to be too rusty, and I was almost glad that I was fighting with Lupus. I knew he would get me back into shape, for I saw that he seemed to be a very formidable fighter. As I slightly skid pass me, I had a notion that he was going to bite my side. He was on my left flank now, and as I kept on barreling, I started to turn my left flank away, but I still felt his fangs grip my skin. A whine started to erupt from my throat, but I clenched my jaws, and bit my tongue to keep from showing any sort of pain. I spin around to face him as he rears up on his hind legs like an equine.

I took a deep whiff, and smelled horse on him, so I humorously smiled. I guess the horsies were teaching him some new fighting techniques, eh? As he reared up, I saw the claws that he had. Even though he was a wolf, they still seemed pretty potent. Now facing him, I sidestepped him as he came back down, aiming at a spot where I had been merely a second ago. As he came back down, I launched myself quickly forward, with my jaws outstretched to see if I could get a mouthful of fur, or slightly even more. If I did take a bite out of him, I quickly pulled back, and snarling, showing my pearly white teeth. My violet eyes flashed, and my ears were pulled back. There really wasn't a trace of friendliness left on me as I started to circle again, until I was facing his right flank. I then intended to give him a brute shove.

Attack: 2/2
Defense: 0/1

Summary: As Lupus sidesteps Lunare, she starts to turn right while she is skidding, but Lupus's teeth still pierce her skin. She turns around to face him, and as he is rearing up, she sidesteps him, and while he is coming down, she tries to aim a bite at his right flank. After that, she circles behind him, around him and back to his right flank, trying to intimidate him, and tries to launch another forceful shove towards him.

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Fighting Lunare was just like fighting Ayaka I found, except I was more reluctant to hurt Ayaka even though my feelings for her weren't as deep as they were now. I was dying inside to tell Ayaka how I felt to her but when ever I was with her,my jaws locked and wouldn't allow the words to come out. One day though, she would know how I feel towards her,though she will probably think me a idiot. Much like I was being now. Stop getting distracted you stupid wolf. My teeth,although Lunare had tryed to move out the way,grasp the skin and I clamp down hard. Good one Lupus. I almost feel as if a yelp should arise from her,and no doubt if she hadn't of clamped her jaws,she would of. Of course,my grip on her can't last forever,and soon she has broke free from my teeth and was facing me as I was mid way though my 'rear'.

She neatly side steps my attack. As my paws hit the snow,making two small paw shaped marks,she is quickly lunging at me and I am not quiet quick enough to dodge,but it didn't make a difference anyway,she only got a mouthful of thick white fur. Ok it tugged at my skin slightly but she hadn't actually manged to bite me. Maybe having such a thick coat wasn't that bad. Although it trapped heat,it kept me warm in the winter and was good at protecting in a fight. I snarl as the girl starts to circle me. My teeth grind against each other and my fur stands slightly on end.

She tries to shove me again but her aim was poor. She seemed to be aiming at my right flank,but that she seemed to have forgot that I was facing her. Duh,where else where would I be looking. I aim for her shoulder. Jaws opening and teeth flashing at her right shoulder. Pure adrenaline for the fight surges though me. I wanted this,I needed this so that I could return to the veins,and to the gods. Life would be so much easier with them,my wolfs. I could spread fear though anyone I wanted,with there zombie looks,and set them to help me kill who I wanted.

I didn't just want this. I needed it.

[WC:401]

[Summary:Lunare gets a mouth full of fur from her bite at Lupus. He fces her as she circles him as when she goes to shove him he tries to bite her right shoulder.]

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
I started getting distracted as I thought about the male before me. He must be betrothed to another female, and I was entirely interested in asking him if there were other wolves somewhere out here in Helovia. I have not met another horse yet, but I would imagine the beasts to be huge. But wolves, I would yearn to be with another wolf, or wolves, to have a pack to call my own again. As I circled around the male, Lupus, he sidestepped my frail shove. I wasn't thinking right now. Things from outside were plaguing my head, and I just wasn't into the battle anymore. As I felt myself shoving forward, I felt the male wolf lunging at my shoulder. I tried to sidestep, but it was too late. I felt his teeth grip at my fur, but his teeth didn't sink down far enough. I still felt their tight grip though, so I let out a low whine.

I tore out of his grasp turning to face him. I was facing his right flank, and I dove in to take a more well aimed bite at the right side of his neck. I wasn't thinking rationally now, and all I wanted to do now was fight, or maybe affect him. I was breaking down inside, and that was the last thing I wanted to do.

Attack: 2/2
Defense: 1/1

Summary: Lupus bites her shoulder, not really grasping her, but she emits a whine. She rips out of his grasp, and tries to aim for the right side of his neck.

occ: Is the spar over? I'm confused. :3 Ps. Sorry for the real suckish post.

Lana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Yep it's over,I will request a judge,thank you Orinthia:D

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

L u n a r e | L u p u s
- - - - -
By my verdict LUPUS is the winner.

LUNARE -- post 1 (attack only)

[Realism]
- 1| I love you for raising your tail in dominance! That aside, the attack you made was not specific enough. Which part of you are you striking with? Shoulder? Side? Head? And do you aim for his left, or for his right?

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow, though you did change tense a few times.

LUPUS -- post 1

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: sidestepping the ram. I don't really understand how he does this, in terms of where he is in relation to her. I'd think she was coming from the side, in which case sidestepping would just make the impact happen a step later.
0| Attack: bite to side. This is a good attack, but you did not specify if it was left or right, and as nothing really gave a clue to it otherwise, I don't know which side. Good that you follow up with position to perpendicular, though!
+ 1| Attack: claws to side.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
0| Flow: you had a few typos, some grammatical errors. Remember to put a space after your commas! :)

LUNARE -- post 2

[Realism]
0| Defense: sidestepping to avoid the brunt of the bite. This was a good and realistic thing, but I feel that you could've described where you took the bite in more detail, as well as the effects it had. Did it break the skin, or just tug at it? Did it bleed?
+ 1| Defense: side-stepping his "rear"
0| Attack: bite. To go for a bite is a good and realistic thing, but you need to specify your aim. Are you going for his scruff? His shoulder? And on which side do you aim?
- 1| Attack: shove. First of all you're assuming he's standing still, which would be entirely incorrect and if he decides to turn as you circle, you'll never face his right flank. Even so, what do you shove with? Head? Shoulder? Hip?

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

LUPUS -- post 2

[Realism]
0| Defense: bite. It's wholly reasonable that she'll get only fur, and I know that Lunare's attack wasn't that specific, but you should've specified where it hit (eg. your shoulder).
- 1| Defense: I'm not totally fond of how you handled this. I agree that you're within your rights to make sure you're facing her, but you attribute it to "poor aim" and don't even write out her crashing into your face or something. It felt like her attack just went missing, when she'd still be barreling into you despite the aim being off.
+ 1|| Attack: biting right shoulder. Great that you remember to include the aim, and which side of her!

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Ease of read.
0| Flow: you have a handful of typos and errors, along with the lack of space behind commas, and it kind of makes it harder to get a flow. Try running your posts through a spell-and-grammar check (like Word's) and read through it a few times before you post, to catch the errors!

LUNARE -- post 3 (defense only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: bite to shoulder. Plausible that it gets stuck in the fur.
- 2| Powerplay: "I tore out of his grasp turning to face him." You can only try to tear free, alternatively, you can tear free if you sacrifice the entire mouthful (ie you tear free by pulling the fur out of your skin, leaving it in his mouth).
- 1| Attack. This was your closing defense, meaning you were only to react to Lupus' attacks, and not make any new ones.

LUNARE

[Bonus]
0| Nothing of note.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
0| Nothing of note.

Comments: On the whole, you did not do too bad! What I think was your greatest problem was being specific enough. You had a few good ideas and attacks, but you did not write them out well enough. When you write an attack, try to use a sort of mental checklist, like "Which part of my opponent's body am I aiming for? His left or right? With which part of my own body am I doing this attack? Do I intend to harm, or to just grab?", and largely using the same for when you take damage: Where does the attack land? Does it hurt? How does it affect me physically, and mentally? Will it hinder my movements in the rest of the fight?
Keep practicing, and I'm sure it'll become more natural to you! I felt that your posts were clear and easy to follow, and that you've already got the basic emotional presence down, so just keep it up!

LUPUS

[Bonus]
+ 1| Surroundings: mentioning the snow throughout the fight.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
0| Nothing of note.

Comments: Good job! I think that you are beginning to understand the fight mechanics, and on the whole you've got a pretty good idea of what you could/couldn't do in this fight. Much of what I told Lunare is advice I'd like to give you too, in really thinking over how/where you attack/take damage. Aside from that, I'd also recommend working a bit on the actual prose of your posts. You know your character well, and it shows, but the more technical aspects can need some attention. I suggest using Word to spell/grammar check, just to weed out these small errors which breaks the flow of your posts. Keep practicing, and I'm sure these things will work out for you.

TOTAL
Lunare - 53
Lupus - 55

Image Credit: dirkjankraan @ Flickr

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Apologies for the mistake, but it was brought to the attention of the judges that this post thread began after the rule change to 3 rounds being required for VP (2/15/13).
Lupus will not be rewarded VP, but he remains victor!

Unregistered
I'm glad I didn't win. :3 I still need more practice, and thank you for the helpful tips!