the Rift

Finally [Earth God - Quest Return]

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Turn in for his quest: Time of Truth
The quest started in 8/21/12, so it's been about 6 months to the dot, and I'm losing steam for this quest which I have been trying to finish :[ I have met all 3 characters with earth companions, but because it's been so long it doesn't make much sense for them to come with him to the veins now, and some are no longer being played, so I hope it's okay that he just met them and didn't bring them all with him x.x

Prometheus & Pyr
Lotus & Dirk
Cirrus & Sitka
Cirrus is also going to be posting here.
Lotus and Prometheus are welcome to post here as well, but I'm not really playing it out as he re-collected them IC as he has no clue where they are anymore and it's been seasons since he last saw them. Also sort of out of character for Theus to come with him anyway =/

The sun on his hide felt nice as he traveled up the Veins of the Gods. The place was familiar to the stallion, but it had been a long while since his last trek up this treacherous place, and much had changed for him since then (much had changed at the veins too, as he'd soon learn).

For instance, he had a mild limp as he moved, so the pace was somewhat slow going. The desert of the the Throat had proven a fine place to re-cooperate from his frostfall follies, particularly under the watchful eyes of Cirrus, whom was traveling with him. Her skills and those of Onni had proved invaluable to saving the life of the cloud-colored stallion, and so he found himself eternally in their debt.

However, as is often the nature of debts, first he got himself into a deeper one.
Cirrus traveling with him was the last puzzle piece to his quest started so long ago. He felt a certain giddiness well up inside him at the prospect of finally completing the task outlined for him by the Earth God and managing to awaken the crafting magic inside him. Of course his recent role with the Throat had granted him a certain ability already, one of higher status too by his home's ranking. However Coris understood it was not truly his ability, and despite his yearning to craft, he could not escape his passion for working with hide.

He hoped too that this venture would be a useful distraction for the mare at his side, that had as of late, sunken into a depressed state following the death of her father. Coris couldn't say he felt the same, never really knowing the stallion, but something about working alongside death extensively tended to numb your senses towards the passing of life. Coris tried to be on his best behavior however and mind his personal views on dead bodies for the sake of the moping pegasus. He didn't want to offend her, much less anger her, given all she had done and was doing for him, he owed her at least as many niceties as he could spare. Aside from selfish reasons however, Coris did come to find he enjoyed her company. She was youthful yet, and in many ways too rash and boisterous for his tastes, but he saw a lot of the passion in her young bones that he remembered feeling in his.

The same feeling he felt coursing through him now as the crested the last rise of the sloping trail.

The smile confidently resting on Coris' features drooped however as his eyes found the ruined plateau where shrines lay scattered and broken. All sense of composure was abandoned by the leather worker as he raced forward, stopping before each shrine in turn and shaking his head in dismay and rejection at what lay before him. "No, no, no, no, no. What is this!? This is all wrong, ALL WRONG," he shouted, startling Venati from his withers. The falcon gave an irritated screech as it took to the skies, circling above the Veins with mixed emotions being fed by the chaotic sensations tumbling through Coris.

After all this, was he to be denied his ability forever?
He'd always thought the gods here to be too good to be true.

Standing before the torn shrine of the God of the Earth, covered in thorny vines and heat-wrinkled flowers, Coris silently began to weep.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

It was always thought to be clichéd to think that the weather was dictated by one's mood, that dreary and overcast skies meant one's own mind was clouded, foggy, weary, sad. Depression was a very strong condition, I have learned, it causes one to ponder the same, sad thought over and over, it forces one to be incapable of seeing anything else but that dark, dreary cloud.

My little cloud was depressed.

The weather that followed us around was no natural phenomenon, at least in the sense that had she not possessed the gift from that peculiar winged bird, the weather would be normal. 'Normal' weather is not something we have experienced since that fateful day.

We, and our dreary weather, followed the strange unicorn stallion to the Veins. It was not a long trip, fortunately, for our southern location meant that the treacherous road to the Gods was nearby. Apparently my presence was of importance to this stallion, my ground wandering ways seemed to make him excited, even as he bargained with us to come along with him. We probably would have followed him even without the promise of being able to utilise his skills as a crafter.

But when we arrived, he seemed to be consumed by a panic. Bewilderment lit the façade of my little cloud for a moment, as she glanced around the ruins that remained of the shrines. The emotion didn't linger however - it was as if she was as depressed and disappointed as she could be, nothing could make this time worse for her. I whined quietly, as she halted by the sobbing unicorn, I trotted forward on large black pads, tilting my nose this way and that.

"I'm sorry." I heard her voice murmur, though it barely sounded like her any more. It was choked with darkness, it made me want to growl and bite into something. Instead I huffed, slowly returning to her side, lost in wonderment at the predicament we have ourselves in.

[ I am SO SORRY for the wait >__> ]

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

God of the Earth Posts: 287
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
    Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

A true achiever is one who takes his time, who pauses to reflect, and who realizes the true task. Coris is one of this individuals, truly deserving of his powers. As the stallion approached his shrine, shriveled, dead and gone, the Earth God could not help but smile. Creatures such as these, even the little pegasus following in his wake, brought him hope. The God would not leave them waiting on this fine day.

Rain began to fall - a sign of healing. The drops rebounded from the ground and began to take shape into his massive outline. After but a few moments of peaceful time, the storm clouds receded and his solid, bay shape stood before the loyal quester and his friend. Perhaps, the quest was not fulfilled in all of his words, but unlike many, Coris truly learned.

The weeping unicorn pained him, and he gently touched his muzzle to him, nudging him up. "Do not be sorrowful; we have not forsaken you. I have not forsaken you, Coris." The rumble of his voice seemed to awaken the very earth and electrify the air. "You have given much and waited a long time, and for that you will be rewarded."

The God of the Earth then closed his eyes and hummed, small clouds of dust rising around their hooves. At the end of the note, the dust crashed into his chest painlessly, its energy binding with his soul. "You have received more than what you asked for, noble Coris. Use your new powers wisely."

Congratulations!

[Magic: EarthxLight | The ability to manipulate and create leather] + your chosen upgrade! Please add whatever upgrade you want to this magic in the records.

CREDITS

Coris Posts: N/A
    Unregistered
    :: :: ::

[Thank you very much! At this time I have no desire or ideas for an upgrade and tend to consider crafting magic already upgraded anyway, since the description uses the word 'and' which usually means it is more complex magic ^^']

Her voice drifts over the broken stallion like nothing more than wind brushing past his mane - the cruel embrace of the Moon Goddess truthfully. He does not stir and wonders if he has the strength to ever leave this place. He feels as if his hooves are growing rooted to the ground. He will become part of the shrines, his skeleton an image of the broken promises in this wasteland.

Coris was always good at being dramatic.

The sky seems to open up then and the heaven's tears pummel the soil around him. The rain makes his tears seem pathetic and he hates them all the more for that. The gods mock me with their greater feat of crying Coris thinks bitterly, unable to see the positive in anything at the moment.

All too soon a familiar voice rumbles, much like thunder bellowing in the clouds, just behind him as a muzzle extends and brushes him. The touch is more real than the embrace of Cirrus' apology, a useless thing to him at the time, and the voice is certainly not of her origin unless she had the magic to talk like a god.

The gray head whipped around suddenly then, disbelief tangled in the eyes of the distraught stallion, but more importantly, the gleam of hope.
    Despite all that lay before him and all his souring thoughts and declining moods, Coris wanted the gods to be true and honest. He did not want to believe they had left him with nothing other than thorns and rocks. And so they hadn't.

A stupid smile creases Coris' maw as he glances up at the mighty god of the earth, even more monumental with Coris on his knees. Tears come like a new storm from his facade, though they stem from happiness rather than sorrow this time. The earth speaks but Coris can barely hear over the sensation of warmth and fullness he feels inside him when the dust stirs.
    It's an eerie thing, finding your magic. It's like satisfying your hunger, lust, sleep and curiosity all at once. You feel a new suppleness in your muscles and a weight in every organ, while a heat spreads in your groin and a new color appears in your mind.

Coris collapses to his left side in bliss, lips caught in a smile.
    He whispered something just before the impact, "thank you,".