the Rift

Damage Case [OPEN]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

Crash Course
I'm a total disgrace, put me inside this place

Thick moss blanketed the ground, invading and swallowing dead branches that lie on the ground. A large stallion brushed through the forest, his black and silver horn glinting off of the remaining sunlight that poured through the thickets of branches over head. The massive weight of his body pushing down on the semi-damp forest floor created wet rings that traced the large tracks he left behind, as well as the dug up soil and pine needles left in small piles. The scent of blood filled the flared nostrils of the brute as he gained ground toward the center of the forest.

The scattered trees parted and he followed a small beaten in path toward the pond he had been told about. Dark blue eyes that peered out from behind thick white and black curtains of hair found a very large fir tree, scanning every foot of the giant wonder. The trunk was huge, the roots seemed to almost be stabbed into the ground forcefully. With an easy stride, Crash continued beyond the -what must have been- first growth tree toward the elegant pond he could now see. The rocks really did shine crimson red as had been told. The stallion dipped his nose to the water, sniffing it cautiously before he stuck his lips to the nearly transparent water. With a few small gulps, he was satisfied enough and raised his large head again, his ears rotating around to find any near by sound.

Had just being accepted into the Aurora Basin, Crash had yet to meet any other beings besides Crowley and his hound. The curiosity of what or who else may be out there rose deep inside his mind, but not far did he let it wander. A sudden itch irritated his pelt, probably a branch of some sort poking him that he hadn't seen. He reached back and nipped at his silver lined hide, grabbing the skin numerous times until the bother disappeared. Boredom took over his mind, causing Crash to paw at the edge of the clear pond. Large ripples scurried away from the point of contact, eventually smoothing out with the rest of the water.

Move over for a damage case

Please tag me in all posts.

Farynn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The warmblood mare walked around in the Deep Forest as elegant brown eyes scan the forest with wonder. What is this place? The thought kept popping up in her mind. The air was drenched with the scent of blood, and it made chills surge up Farynn’s spine. She knew that getting slightly afraid over something so little was silly, but she could simply not help it. She was not really the violent type, and did not like to see something hurt. For all she knew, the blood could be from another horse. It could be from one of her friends. She tried to think that.

Her heart was a little faster than usual probably because her thoughts were overwhelming her. The sun beat down on the blood bay tobiano pelt of Farynn. Her russet eyes continued to observe the land. Her nostrils were still flared to catch the scents that lingered around. A new scent came and pricked at her nose. It was a unicorn. Maybe she could try to befriend him? It was worth a try, and if he tried to hurt her, she did have wings. Stretching her soft white wings to full length, she then cantered off to go find the stallion.

Slowing her speed down to a brisk walk, a silhouette of a large unicorn came into her sight. Tucking her wings back to her sides, she walked over to him. He was touching the surface of a strange pool of water. Stones tinged with the color of blood laid at the bottom. So that’s what the scent of blood was. Relief seemed to fill her body now. Turning her head over to the steed, she opened her maw, “Hello there, I am Farynn. Who are you?” A gentle smile emerged on her face as she stared at the stallion, beginning to take notes on him. He was black and white, and looked like a Gypsy Vanner. His mane and tail were very similar hers, black lined with sliver highlights. His eyes were dark blue. Now, breathing in to take note of the scent of the stallion. She could tell that he was new to Helovia, just like she was. But, she could also tell that he was a part of the Aurora Basin. She remembered what Corsair had told her about them. But maybe he was not like the others. Maybe he was kind.

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

It was the scent of two others that caught his attention as he grazed quietly in a small clearing in the depths of the Deep Forest. The stallion lifted his head, ears swiveling forward and back as he listened for any sounds that may warrant a disturbance… Yet none came. Giving a soft scoff, the stallion allowed his head to drop down once more, neck bending gracefully as he reached for the next few blades of sweet grass that were in reach. Smooth teeth plucked the greenery free with nearly no effort, and as he did so, the breeze once more caressed his body. In tune with the forest as he had become, Apollo lifted his head once more, munching upon the grass as his nostrils flared, inhaling the scent yet again.

Yes, two others were about… And he didn’t recognize either of them. Surely they weren’t a part of his family. Taking a few more lazy moments to swallow the grass that he had been chewing, Apollo turned upon his haunches and entered the forest once more, honey-brown eyes searching for the newcomers to the forest. Did he have to? No. Quite frankly, Apollo could do whatever he wanted in his home, but… What if these two newcomes needed some kind of aid? What if they were hurt or lost? In good conscious there was no way that the unicorn stallion could leave them alone without first investigating. And if they didn’t need him? Well… Then the young boy would continue on his way.

His steps were light as the overo moved over the protruding roots of the archaic trees, as if knowing exactly where each one was before he would take a step. Since joining the Grey and dubbing the Deep Forest his home, Apollo had become intimately familiar with the darkness-shrouded woods. Where he once cowered at the dancing shadows, he now embraced them. At only five years old, Apollo had seen a lot since coming to Helovia… He was no warrior or soldier, of course not, but a medic. Yet if the need arose for him to fight, to challenge and protect his home and family, the stag would do so readily and without question. It was his loyalty to the Grey, for taking him in and giving him a home, and had been proven when he had fought a pack of wolves and the Kraken.

It didn’t take too terribly long to come across the two who had obviously wandered into the dark embrace of the forest, and for a moment he admired them from a distance, shrouded in shadow by the thickness of a nearby pine. Honeyed orbs watched with muted kindness as a large painted draft, a unicorn like himself, reached his thick neck down to take a drink from the pool of water at his feet. Apollo tilted is head slightly in curiosity, inhaling this stranger’s scent. He was from the Basin… What was he doing here, so far from home?

It was then that the second newcomer made her appearance; a lovely Pegasus mare who was quite a sight to behold. A warmth filled Apollo’s chest as he admired her, but immediately shook his head. No… His heart was already stolen by the lovely Phaedra.

Stepping through the trees then, Apollo cleared his throat and spoke, allowing a warm, welcoming smile to tug at the corners of his dark lips. His head tilted downwards slightly, crystalline horn poised in a short bow. “Hello, both of you. Welcome to the forests… I hope I’m not intruding, but, the wind has granted me your scents, and I just wanted to make sure that you were both well.” He chuckled softly then to himself, looking from the mare to the large draft brute. “My name is Apollo. Do either of you have business here?” It wasn’t a challenging question, just simple curiosity. After all; many creatures ventured to the Deep Forest to ask services of his family, the Grey.

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Hidden Account

Crash Course

The unpleasant scent of a pegasus filled the dark nostrils of the brute, instantly causing his ears to pin straight back to his neck, hidden in his thick mane. But, what was this? A mare? Just what he needed right now to provide some entertainment. With ease, Crash drew in another deep breath, straightening his mind to make himself the reasonable stallion he could be. Ears flicked back forward, creating a happy, almost innocent look to swipe across his mug. It wasn't too long before the soft thud of hooves neared him and a winged tabiano mare emerged from the trees. She looked excited to have found somebody. Just as the mare opened her mouth to speak, in the process of taking a breath, Crash caught another smell. Being in his "gentleman" composure, he decided to ignore it.

The mare introduced herself as Farynn, then asked who he was. Elegantly, he dipped his slight roman nose as a greeting. "Farynn, I am Crash Course. You may call me Crash if you wish." He blinked his thick forelock out of his deep blue pools of eyes, seeing her more clearly. And along side her, the center of the new scent he had caught, a fellow unicorn stallion; splashed with just a small amount of white against his black frame. Once the Paint had welcomed the pair to the forest, he added in his name, Apollo, but then left an uncomfortable question lingering in the air. Had they had business there? The question wasn't directed to be rude it had seemed, but it hung in Crash's brain. Remembering that Farynn seemed very delicate just from sight, he cooled his thoughts. "Thank you, Apollo. No, I hadn't had any business, just venturing while I still am new." The words slid out in a calm, collected voice. Inside, the smell of the mare was almost sickening, but he couldn't let it show. Crash shifted his weight more onto his front legs, propping his back right hoof on its end and looking back at Farynn's wings.

Unregistered
Another scent lingered in the air. It was another male unicorn. She shifted her ears to catch the sounds that waved around. Her full attention was on the black and white gyspy vanner. His navy blue eyes seemed to scan her. Farynn, I am Crash Course. You may call me Crash if you wish. He spoke to her. She had never heard a name like that before. Not that she did not like it though. It was pretty neat. She smiled, he did not seem rude like she thought. “It is wonderful to meet you, Crash.” Her voice was gentle and kind.

The figure of a new unicorn stallion approached them. Crash and him looked quite similar, except Crash was taller. The both had the same coloring. It was weird in a way. Hello, both of you. Welcome to the forests… I hope I’m not intruding, but, the wind has granted me your scents, and I just wanted to make sure that you were both well. My name is Apollo. Do either of you have business here? He asked the two. Stretching her wings a little downward to keep comfortable, she began to think of an answer. Why had she come here? Simply to look for new friends. It was an easy question. She was not looking for a home, in fact she still had to go ask for a spot with the pirates. One had greeted her at the Threshold and offered her a place in his home. She would go to the beach next. “I have come here to make new friends possibly. I am also new to Helovia.”

[[Bad and short post! Sorry]]

Apollo dipped his head slightly, regarding the two newcomers with silent appraisal. They claimed that they were both new to Helovia… Idly the stallion remembered when he had stumbled upon these very lands, having been chased into the Threshold by a pack of mangy wolves. Phaedra had found him there, and had brought him back to the forest to join the Grey, his new family. Allowing a softer smile to cross his lips, the overo relaxed, lifting his head up once more. Honey-brown orbs were kind, his expression boyish once more instead of the ‘proper’ façade he had been using moments before. Sometimes it was what he fell back on when meeting others; a mask of propriety to distance himself from potential harm.

“Well,” he said, hesitating a moment to pick his words carefully. A brilliant smile abruptly tugged at his maw and he tossed his head up, lifting a hoof to scrape at the earth beneath him. “Welcome to Helovia, then, both of you. Depending on where you’re wanting to go, this land is quite amazing if you like adventures. Although… If you haven’t been to the Endless Blue yet, I’ll give you a warning to be careful, and to not frolic in the waves…” The stallion barely resisted the urge to shudder. It wouldn’t be any time soon that he would be forgetting the horrid experience that he and Phaedra had endured while at the beach. If not for Lakota and Lupus, well… Apollo was pretty sure they’d both be dead.

Giving a rough shake of his head to rid himself of the memories, the stallion looked between them both. They seemed so different… Yet they both seemed to want to explore the new lands that they would call home.

[ooc: Short post is short. Sorry, dears.]

Hidden Account

Crash Course

The cheeriness that Farynn and Apollo shared created a sickened feeling in Crash's stomach. How was it that they could seem so excited about being here? All that surrounded them was green and brown shades for miles and miles. Once Apollo welcomed them again, he mentioned something about not venturing through the water at Endless Blue. What had happened that make the uniquine so uncomfortable? "Thank you for your concern Apollo, but -if I may ask- what is it that you're warning us of exactly?" The stallion directed his dark eyes back to Farynn, looking her over once again. Her facial markings were so distinct, but what was it that make her look -he couldn't put his mind on it exactly- frightening in a way?

He looked back to Apollo, waiting for a response. The smell of the water wafted by with a gentle breeze, filling his lungs in one deep breath. Meanwhile, his thick tail flicked back and forth, brushing against the back of his legs and tossing the feathering along his hooves. The silver in both his tail and feathers glinted in the sunlight, casting reflections up his body and bouncing off of the silver mapping around the large white spots that stained his pelt. How common were all of the species here "paint-like?" Through his life, he had seen bay and brown equines, uniquines and equipegs a lot more.

(OOC: Oh man, three small-ish posts in a row. What's wrong with us all of a sudden? Haha,)

Unregistered
The white fang-like markings on her maw curved up as she smile as Apollo advised them not to frolic in the waves of the Endless Blue. Why would one frolic in waves? She guessed it could be fun, but it made no scene to her. Maybe the horses in Helovia were more different then she thought. Even if so, both of the unicorns seemed very kind. She knew that they both could be tricking her, but she doubted it.

As Crash talked asked Apollo what he exactly meant, her ears switch forward. She would love to hear his answer. Her tobiano coat shined in the bright as she calmly stood there. Her white wings gently touched the soft dirt below her. The brown eyes of the mare looked beyond the two that accompanied her. The trees seemed endless, paths twisted and turned like a maze. Luck for her, she had wings. She would easily find herself out of here when all went away. She guessed that Apollo knew these lands, but what would Crash do. He was new here as well and he had no wings. It would be hard for him. She was not sure why, but she felt bad for those without wings. They would never be able to soar above the trees and feel the wing whipping their body. They could fly forever, for the sky was endless.

“Yes, what do you mean. If you would not like to share your experience, I can totally respect that.” Farynn spoke kindly. She could tell that whatever he meant was not a great experience for him. Although, some don’t like to share their bad experiences and she would not want them to feel uncomfortable sharing.

((Sorry it took me so long to reply))

Apollo heaved in a breath at their inquiries. Of course, should he warn them, they would both want answers… Though, who was to say that the Kraken wouldn’t just simply ignore the two that wandered upon the beach? After all, had it not been for the wolves that had attacked Phaedra and himself, then surely the behemoth form of the sea-monster would have simply left them alone, content to play with the other, unfortunate corpses that it had dragged beneath the water’s surface…

Giving his head a quick shake to rid himself of the unpleasant imagery, the unicorn stallion smiled. “Sorry,” he said, meaning for the moment in which he had zoned out, lost in his wandering thoughts. Inhaling deeply, Apollo released his breath, idly scraping his front, right hoof against the soil beneath his feet. This was his home, and knowing that soon, he could very well be leaving… It left the painted stag with a bitter feeling in his chest, something like loss, but not.

“I ventured the ocean not too long ago,” Apollo went on to explain, honeyed orbs glancing from both to the lovely Farynn to the imposing form of Crash Course. It was an odd name for an equine, no matter the race, but not unpleasant. Did he, perhaps, go by Crash for short? Apollo imagined so. “To see a close friend of mine. We went for a run in the waves, you see… And were attacked by a pack of wolves. Long story short, the strangest of creatures emerged from the depths of the oceans…” As he began to speak, Apollo’s eyes glazed over slightly as he lost himself in the memory.

In his mind’s eye, he could see the large, unfurling tentacles of the sea-creature, the pieces of wood falling from the old, decrepit remains of a ship that it had previously crushed in its grasp… It was a sight that would haunt him until the end of his days, surely.

“It was by far the largest creature I’ve ever seen, with coiling tentacles the strength of a thousand draft stallions, and a grip deadlier than quick sand… We almost died, had it not been for some help…” Trailing off, Apollo blinked slowly, seeming to come back to himself from his reverie. It wasn’t something that the painted stallion enjoyed remembering, but he would warn these newcomers to Helovia, simply because he didn’t wish the same fate upon them as he and Phaedra had almost encountered.

He smiled then, head tilting slightly in a way of boyish charm. “It’s a beautiful place, don’t get me wrong, and perhaps worth at least one… I just have no intentions on stepping foot in those cursed waters ever again.”

Hidden Account

Crash Course

Fayrnn also found interest in Apollo's warning, questioning the story as well. Crash felt as if he were pressuring the poor stallion to tell, but what else did he expect when he warned them? The fellow black and white clashed male seemed to lose his track of though, staring with scared eyes at nothing in particular. Seeing the pang of fear excited Crash, it must have been an extraordinary story to make him zone out so quickly. Just as Crash was about to press Apollo on, he brought himself back from his daze and apologized. "It's not a big deal, but please, go on." His curiosity grew.

Apollo explained his story, creating a vivid image in Crash's head. The water was bright blue -just as every one said it was- and the sand was white. He saw the stallion running through the shallows with a random bay that his brain created for the story. Apollo continued with his story, explaining the creature that emerged from the deepest water, splinters of wood raining from the sky as it rose. Slimy, that's what his brain told him. A large slimy animal with mile long, suction cupped arms reached for the scrambling pair. Crash shuddered, his whole body quivering before he brought himself to once again.

"My apologize Apollo, I wasn't aware that it had been that violent." he replied with a sincere tone. He let out a deep breath, looking at Farynn as if questioning her thought on the story. Surely the mare would find the story frightening too. Just the thought drove Crash from every wanting to visit the crystalline shores.

Unregistered
As Apollo told his story, Farynn got quite scared of the blue waters where she would go after this. She did not want a monster to emerge out of the crystal waves and try to kill her, or any others. It sounded like a nightmare. Long tentacles that would try to grasp others with such vengeance. The fear was shown in her soft brown eyes. She could feel the shivers climbing up her spine with the mere thought of the beast. Yet, she was now tempted to go there. She wanted to see this creature with her own eyes. Of course, she would not want to be harmed by it, but she just wanted to see it. To see the monster. It truly would be frightening, but dazzling in a weird way.

Farynn’s eyes could show the sorrow for Apollo. Her eyes caught a glance of the group, avoiding any eye contact with the two unicorns. Looking back up, she looked at Crash as he started to talk. When he ended, she replied, “I am also very sorry. I hoped that you, and you friend, were ok.” Giving a half smile to try to show a bit of pleasance, she wanted to brighten up the mood a little. The mare hated to talk about bad thing like that. Why must good things happen to good people? Apollo seemed very nice, and she was sure that his friend was also kind.

Her end of her soft snow colored wings were tinged with brown from the dirt that managed to stick on. The sun casted beautiful rays that danced around the three horses. Her gray hooves shone in the light and she looked at the both and waited for one of them to speak.