the Rift

Hidden Diamond

Zariya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: Zariyaheader.png]
regular, speech, thoughts, others

It was with the deepest sorrow that the mare had left her homeland. It had been the place she'd been attached to, but it hadn't done much for her of late. It had beaten and bruised her body but done little for her mind. She needed to find a deeper place, a somewhere else, where she could be appreciated and respected. She needed somewhere to belong again, where she could be helpful and worthwhile, a force in ensuring the positives. She'd felt so useless of late, as if she could do so very little to help. Her son had gone and wandered off, all grown up. Put enough years in, and they don't need you anymore. It was high time that she found somewhere better for her to be, where she could be a mentor if not a mother, and find people to have a conversation with again. Her life had been far to empty.

She took a deep breath of the cool forest air, enjoying its nourishment. The land she'd traveled across had been warm, baking her skin and whitening out her coat. You could hardly tell she had sabino on her at all, the black had greyed out so much. Her dapples were still there, over her short coat, and her body had filled out with muscle thanks to the journey. She hadn't realized how out of shape she'd been, how little she'd paid attention to her own health and well being. She'd had other focuses, and a certainly listlessness about her before she'd decided to strike out. The movement had been for the best, considering she'd have spent the next ten years wasting away to a standing skeleton for passers by to gawk at. She was taking hold of her life.

This place was nice too, if a bit strange. Every now and then she felt like there were shadows watching her, pointing out that she didn't fit in. She knew she was different, not born here. Wasn't that how newcomers arrived, from other places? Was she not supposed to have been able to find the place? Maybe there was something wrong with her, that made it clear she didn't fit in. Relax, the world isn't out to get you. Just take a deep breath and think about it. Certainly, you've got to be able to figure it out. You're supposed to be smart remember? There's a future for you here, as long as you're patient. Either you'll find it or it will find you. Have a little faith. She glared at her own calm conscious, and kept on walking, short little delicate strides. It was nice to get a chance to linger. For days on end she'd walked and trotted, and certainly, she'd met some equines along the way. They'd been nice enough, but none of them had asked her if she'd stay. For the most part, it had been a quiet, unremarkable journey. She was ready for something exciting to happen, but as always, she just had to wait a little while.

[Image: Zariyabase.png]

post template made for Smoky and © 'kae of The Secret

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

Charcoal hooves padded softly among the densely growing ferns and the tall, ancient trees. Silver tresses swept over golden eyes as a gentle breeze skipped through the forest, causing the surrounding vegetation to stir. The mare's grey ears swiveled to and fro, listening to the delicate melody that the leaves made with each gust of wind. Although it was only her second time passing through this abundant haven, the fae felt as if she had traveled it for countless generations. Its aroma, its song, its emotion made her feel like she had finally found someplace to belong to, whereas before she had been running from the crumbling remains of the moors. The grulla was more than grateful that Thor had found her because of it.

And now, after leaving this very forest where she had arrived just a few days earlier, she found herself returning to it. She couldn't fathom why -- it wasn't as if she was going to leave her new family -- but she felt an almost magnetic pull telling her to return to the realm where her new life had started. Maybe she was just taking Thor's words too seriously, and she was just eager to give some other aimlessly wandering wretch a fresh start, but so far she had come up short. The sun-marked mare had not been able to meet with an unclaimed soul, let alone a herd-bound one that was returning to the Threshold much like she, and the femme felt that she had missed her window of opportunity. Maybe someone else had come by already, and lead such wanderers to their own home, leaving the petite mare with some blooming flowers and dry-crusted earth instead. Anything was looking up to be a possibility at this point in time, and Sulwyn was beginning to think about heading home.

Well, it was a nice walk nonetheless. It's not like you haven't gotten used to traveling in the past year, the grulla mare thought to herself, her gold-dashed legs pushing through a gathering of bushes and into a miniscule clearing. Casting her gaze about the meadow, the mare was delighted to find an alabaster figurine walking through the grass.

Quickly loping over to the white form, the silver femme called out with a chiming whinny, "Welcome, stranger! Might I be of some help?"
ooc

Unregistered

The place was charming, ever charming, as she swept her blue eyes over it. The faded appeal of the orbs caught the light, and she delighted in the way this place didn't feel invasive. It didn't feel like it was designed to reach out and grab her, bind her to the cold hard ground and use her for some purpose other than that which truly suited the person she was. Not a drama queen at the least, are you little one? Chin up now, if you're intent on staying. Ought to find some company, make sure that you find somewhere safe to sleep tonight. It'd be nice to sleep without having to try and watch your own back, aye? Just on cue, company arrived, in the form of another mare, with an interesting mark on her side. Not interesting like Zari's own unique but faded black markings. Unique as in abnormal color and abnormal shape. It was distinguishing, and rather fetching. It let her relax, just a little. This wasn't a world of cookie-cutter creations.

So bouncy, so friendly too. It rang just a second in her core, like a cold water drop striking her back, just momentary. It reminded her of her happy, bouncy child, so morally and ethically correct, he wouldn't abandon a stranger. It made her like the girl right off the bat. "Aye, some help would be nice." It came out accented, compared to the girl's speech. Enough travel and dialects and pronunciation changed, apparently. "If you don't mind friend, where might I be?" The unfamiliar place was nice enough, certainly she could try to fit in. "It's all rather lovely, but I'm afraid I've never seen it before. Never seen any of the area at all until just today. How do the politics stand?" The most important question, coming from a place in perpetual war. Interesting she would like this one so quickly, but it was a far cry from trust. She kept her body tense, ready to flee. Friends and friends could be quite different.

Unregistered

Sulwyn

"Aye, some help would be nice."

Charcoal ears flickered forwards with surprise at the sound of the arabian's voice, but the small mare didn't miss a step as she glided across the field. Even on her journey to the land that she now called home, she hadn't encountered a single soul with an accent quite like the one she possessed. It was foreign and exotic to the mustang, who had only known the plains before coming here.

"You've come to the lands of Helovia, miss...?" Her awkward words morphed from a fact into a question as they tumbled from her alabaster lips, losing their fluidity. The equine bent her leg and itched at it with her nose, trying to hide her embarrassment. Normally Sulwyn would have introduced herself by now, but the dappled mare's questions were shooting past her maw like bullets from a shotgun.

Raising her apologetic golden gaze to the foreigner's azure one, Sulwyn decided that it would be best to put her past falter behind them. Her eyes ran over the arabian's arched neck and dished face -- definite signs of the vixen's bloodlines -- and stopped when she saw the faint black spots. A crooked smile crept across the mustang's face as she nickered, "Then you still have much to see, I am afraid. My name is Sulwyn, and I am still rather new here myself. It's almost been a moon, I think?"

Restless ashen hooves stamped the lush green ground beneath them as their owner began to ramble on. It was a subconscious reaction that she wasn't at all used to -- she was usually so shy -- but the newcomer made her feel relaxed and in control; since discovering she had the ability to summon dark orbs from within herself, the mare had come to fear herself. The fact that she had no idea where the orbs came from, or what they did, even, didn't help.

"As for politics, I know that we have a number of herds that are all fairly peaceful. Thor, the one who found me in this very wood, has informed me of four major herds; all diverse in species." Very diverse indeed, the silver fae thought to herself before continuing, "I live in the herd at World's Edge; if you wish to know more than just my minimal amount of knowledge, I'd be more than happy to take you there."

Unregistered

The mustang that she had met impressed Zariya with her collection. She was at ease, and that helped the dappled mare relax. Gentle darkened hooves shuffled while she spoke and it drew a whisper of a smile over the arabian's features. There was no doubt that this was a gentle soul, though it took very little time to assess such a thing. She presented herself with friendliness, and though she hadn't introduced herself, sometimes names were reserved for even third or fourth meetings in Zariya's homeland. She wasn't surprised that it was contained, nor did she press the topic with the other mare. She wasn't about to offer hers, throwing caution into the wind. She could be content with a simplistic relationship.

It was cute how the girl answered questions too, as if she was a little nervous. The sentences occasionally ended swinging up, turning a statement into an inquiry. A pang shot through her as she thought of the child she'd left behind, someone who would be bouncing along to the beat of this mare's drum already, the same sort of attitude. Two for two on reminiscing, she decided to shelve the idea altogether. She didn't want to regret coming, or start to find something undesirable about her company. She ought to be grateful, simple as that, for the way things were and how delightful the place was. She would take a deep breath and move forward. She shook her mane out, her vision blurring as her head shook side to side with it, and then re-affixed her gaze on her companion.

"Politics is never peaceful. " The voice came out throaty, pointing with even more strength to her diverse and unusual heritage. She was something different, but this mare seemed to have settled in just fine. It wasn't terrible different that home, if she ignored some of the strange things she'd passed in the wood. The shadows didn't look... normal. But she would leave those questions be for the moment and enjoy her well-meaning company. "But I suppose if the herds mean well, then they don't wont' for judgement. Tell me more about your home then, aye? Does it fall within the peaceful realm?" It had a nice ring to it, world's edge. She'd traveled so far in the past few months that the idea of concluding her journey with the end of the world was fascinating. Perhaps it wasn't a literal meaning, but she could still enjoy the play on words. It was her specialty, after all, to take things in stride and make them better. That was how she'd survived her old home, and exactly what she didn't want to do in her new one.

Unregistered

Sulwyn

Entranced by the words that still flowed from her companion's lips, Sulwyn found herself staring. Snapping her gaze to the lumpy form of a decaying log, the grulla bobbed her head in agreement to everything the foreigner said; regardless of their meaning. It shocked her, how she was reacting to the vixen's voice and not admiring the sheer beauty of her architecture, nor noticing the flashes of pain that shone periodically in those blue orbs of hers. She had crossed a boundary that she had never managed to meet before, and now she found herself fumbling to get out of it. Her hooves, once so full of energy, now stood stock-still, and her friendly, open stance collapsed, hunching her shoulders and dampening her mood. The illusion that she had been so successful in creating for herself had been stripped away, all because of one look that lasted too long. It was like the light inside of the sun-branded equine had been stamped out, and put to rest.

Turning a tentative gaze towards the exotic mare, a trail of quiet words pushed past her maw.

"Yes, our realm is a peaceful one." Lifting her head a few more inches, convinced that she could control herself from invading the other's privacy, the silver fae continued, "The Edge is governed by Mirage the Dragonheart, who looks after the herd like a fair leader should."

The small mare licked her lips subconsciously, thinking about what she wanted to say to next, and thought about her own first encounter in the Threshold. Thor had been kind and gentle, but he had also been bold; he wasn't submissive and wounded like the way she was acting. He had informed her of the ways of the land and welcomed her to join him, but it was his confidence that had really invited her to have a conversation with him. She felt sick with the way she had reacted to staring at the dappled femme, and wondered what her friend would say if he found her in such a state.

Probably something along the lines of, "When I brought you to our home, I brought the charming and talkative Sulwyn. Not this intimidated shell of the bold mare I saw before, she thought bitterly.

Escaping from her thoughts, Sulwyn poked her muzzle skywards in an aggressive flick of her head and chimed, "My home is a place that cannot be described, I'm sorry to say. There are mists that shroud the land that only our Seer can read, and there are waters that lap at the foot of our cliffs even in the night. Even in saying these things I am not doing it justice." Her golden eyes sparked with a determination that they had been robbed of earlier when she said, "And I am sure that you will like it once you have laid your eyes on it yourself."
{I don't know what to say DX I started to ramble on for a while about nothing of importance, and then I had no idea what she was supposed to tell Zariya. ;_; Just ignore all the failure, and I'll work on something much more appropriate in our next post.}