the Rift

Well, this is embarassing...[Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

When the sun was high and hot, Aryel liked to retreat to the forest. Sunlight filtered down through the pines as she walked into the Deep Forest, which, despite it's normally creepy appearance, was surprisingly quiet and calm today. It was amazing what a little sunlight could do. Nestled on her shoulders between her wings was a small bundle of dark brown fur and wing webbing that slept quietly. Java was nocturnal, after all. Noon was practically midnight as far as the infantile fruit bat was concerned. He needed his sleep. Aryel turned her attention from the bat to her surroundings, enjoying the peaceful coolness of the forest. Noticing that the woods thinned out ahead, she quickened her pace. Something loomed in the hazy atmosphere, inanimate and tall. Intrigued, her ears went forward. She stepped out of the woods into a large clearing, eyes widening at the tree that dominated the center.

It was an oak, instead of the tall, thin pines that surrounded it, and it was massive. It wasn't much taller that the surrounding trees, but the trunk was extremely thick, so much that she was sure ten horses standing nose to tail couldn't have circled it. Roots rose out of the ground, then dove back into the soil as it spread it's ancient tendrils over the forest floor. As she neared the tree, she was struck by a sense of tranquility that seemed to be emanating from the oak itself. The sunlight, beating fiercely upon the land outside the forest, was reduced to a gentle shadowy dappling under the oak. Birds flitted through the clearing, several stopping to roost in it's branches/ She stood for a moment, in awe of the leafy behemoth. Her attention was drawn by a particular cluster of roots nearby, that seemed to rise up over a burrow or hollow of sorts, where the ground sloped. Curious, she walked closer. It would be a nice place for a nap, and it looked like there was a spot she could squeeze in, under a large arcing root. Java, who had stirred and woken as she entered the clearing, stretched one demanding wing claw out in the direction of the hollow, and she complied, stretching out a wing and holding it against a root for him to clamber over. He dug his claws into the root and blinked contently, their still-weak bond not letting her sense more than his childish happiness. She turned her attention to the depression, and the business of getting inside.

Aryel hugged her wings tightly to her sides and began squeezing herself through an opening that seemed large enough, a low-to-the ground entrance that reduced her to shuffling nearly on her belly. About halfway through, she couldn't go any farther. Disappointed, she began to pull herself out.

She didn't budge.

Aryel frowned, then tried to squeeze herself out again, with no results. She struggled, but all that happened was for her to loose her footing and feel her belly hit the ground. She was stuck. Forcing herself not to panic, the mare analyzed the situation. She was laying on the ground, her hind legs stretched out behind her while her posterior stuck up awkwardly. Her wings, at least, were halfway in and halfway out, so she wouldn't break them if she managed to pull herself out. The root was snug around her belly, although not constrictingly tight, at least. With some difficulty, she was able to fold her front legs under her, but that was really all the mobility she had. Java, curious, scuttled through a smaller opening and looked at her quizzically.

"I'm stuck." she grumbled at him.

Java was quiet for a moment, then threw his head back in a bought of high, squeaky laughter. "Not funny, furhead!" she snapped. Java eventually got over himself and climbed down until he was crouching on the dirt before her nose. He pressed his head onto her muzzle and began pushing with all his might, which amounted to absolutely nothing. It was a nice try, at least. Aryel snorted, raising her head. There had to be some way out of this.

(The place Aryel discovered is a large clearing dominated by an oak tree of massive proportions. Roots frequently rise out of the ground nearby, and the whole area is very peaceful. Aryel tried to get into a sort of depression caged by roots, which has a few openings. Only one was really big enough to admit a horse, and she didn't find it. There are several someone can stick their head and neck in, though.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

I had been simply gnawing bones of my previous meal,a smallish sized dear but then something else had caught my interest. The scent of a familiar mare.

The blue mare seemed to have no purpose in where she was going except,maybe,to escape the heat of the Throat,which wouldn't surprise me. Even the most loyal to the herd couldn't stand that heat and I wasn't surprised either. I watch her as she strolls past,as if she didn't know I was there. My black orbs watch her every movement,every swivel of the ear,every ruffle of the wings and every flick of the tail,I knew what she was doing. As she goes post I notice something curled up in her wings. It was small and furry and it looked like leathery wings were attached to it's small black body. It almost has a fluffy orange mane to. It was quiet obvious it was a bat of some type and they made quiet nice meals.

I slowly start to stalk her though the forest when I notice the sudden speed change and I could see why. The trees were slowly thinning out and soon she had come to a large clearing,owned by a great oak. I stayed hidden in the tree's and I watch the blue bay,curious of what she would make of this new land. Root's caged areas of,making small gaps that I could probably fit though if I wanted but Aryel,the stupid creature couldn't. Something in her mind had made her try to squeeze though one of the gaps of roots only to get her self stuck. I'm stuck. Not funny, furhead! I hadn't noticed that the bat had removed it's self of Aryel and now was trying to push her out of the gap,which obviously didn't help at all.

I come into the clearing,laughing at the stupid mare and I neatly get over and under a few roots to get in front of her. I wasn't a cat so I was no climbing master but I was sure footed and so leapt pretty easily over the roots,with minor slipping,and scrambles under quiet a few to. I was now a little way in front of her head to the side. "Stuck are we?" I say with a mocking laugh. Ignoring the whereabouts of the bat creature completely I take a slightly wobbly step onto the top of the root that had trapped her then,take a small leap onto her back which was rather comfortable. I lie there on the stuck Pegasus,my claws resting with a slight grasp of her in case she wiggled around a little bit but apart from that,she was quiet comfortable. "I could get used to this you know."

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
for the pain and the sorrow caused by my mistakes
won't repent to a mortal whom is all to blame

Life in the Basin had been quite hectic as of late, what with the meeting of the herd, the return of an old King, his promotion, as well as his planned gathering of Plague hopefuls to see if they would accept his offer, to become a part of the secret society. The stallion wasn't quite sure what he would do should any of them decline, but he doubted he would have to worry about that.

It had been more of Talbot's decision than his own to venture out of the cradle of their home, the pup's constant whining and gnawing of his leg finally drawing the brindle away and following him. Crowley had wanted nothing more than to laze in the Basin for the day, to take advantage of the day and simply relax, but it seemed there was never any rest for the wicked.

"Don't you think we've gone far enough?" The brindle spoke up, realizing just how far they had wandered from the Basin. They'd just passed the boundary of the Threshold, and were drawing closer and closer to the deep forest. Although it would be a different story within a year, the depths of Helovia were no place for a pup of Talbot's age. However, the Hellhound simply stopped for a moment and turned his head to look at his caretaker, giving him a straight faced look before continuing on his merry way. With a look of mild surprise, Crowley exhaled roughly and followed after the pup, but not before rolling his eyes. "Kids."

However, not a minute later did the pair hear the telltale sound of another, their voice sounding rather distressed. For a moment Crowley thought of simply ignoring it, for that was his nature, until suddenly, he found himself recognizing the voice. Slowly, a smirk crept across his face, and he knew just who it was.

Aryel.

Crowley was hardly able to hold back his laughter as he pressed on, moving into a swift trot, with Talbot scampering alongside him. It didn't take long for the pair to move into the clearing, and what they saw, Crowley could hardly believe. Aryel, the damned Pegasus he'd held a grudge against ever since their first encounter, was stuck in the grasp of an impressive root. Her hind legs were splayed out in defeat behind her, a most hilarious thing to behold. She wasn't alone, however, for the strangest of creatures was at her face, pushing, as if it had all the strength in the world to set her free. Also present was the white wolf of the Basin, who he recalled as Lupus. He was one that would be offered a position amongst the Plague, but Crowley wouldn't bring mention to it until later.

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Came the Weaver's voice, barely suppressing his laughter. Cloven hooves carried him over to the fallen Pegasus, coming to a stop at her side as he surveyed her position. This time, he was unable to help himself, laughter escaping his throat as he shook his head. "You're in quite the predicament, darling, what on earth were you thinking?"

With nothing but curiosity upon his face, Talbot hopped away from his bonded, eyes locked intently on the winged creature at the face of the Pegasus. He wasn't sure what exactly it was, but surely it would be much more willing to play with him than the hooved giants he was always around, right? A high pitched bark erupted from his throat as he dropped down on his front legs, his rear in the air, tail waggling back and forth in his display of young innocence.

"blather blather blather"

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel tensed as something snapped in the underbrush nearby. Being trapped like this with a predator approaching was about one of the worst things that could happen. Her vision was somewhat restricted by the root cage around the front half of her body, but she was able to make out the form of something as it approached. Java, seeing it too, squeaked in fear, prompting Aryel to nudge him urgently, hoping he would climb up as high as he could. The bat was still too young for flight, but he was already an expert at scuttling up trees, and proved that now by climbing the roots and up the tree trunk. She watched nervously as the approaching creature jumped on top of the root cage and climbed carefully over it. Before she could call out for help, a familiar voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Wha-Lupus?"

Indeed it was Lupus, arrogant as ever as he stepped from the root cage onto her back and lay down, all the while taunting her. Aryel raised her head and turned her head as far as it would go to shoot him a baleful look. "Get off my butt, Snowball." she snapped. Damn. As if she didn't have enough problems, now she was going to have to endure this mindless creature again. Java, who was hanging by his feet from a low branch, became curious and made to get back down again, carefully dropping from the branch and holding his little wings out as far as they would go to land on the root hollow with a quiet thunk. Her initial joy at seeing his first "flight" was dulled by worry and anger. Lupus had better not hurt him.

And as if her day couldn't get worse, another familiar form joined the little party, this time with a bouncy, gangly mutt in tow. She shut her eyes as Crowley spoke, ears plastered to her skull, the picture of exasperation. Damn, damn, a thousand times damn. Managing not to let her anger culminate in a furious string of swear words, she fixed him with a look of pure contempt. "We really do have to stop meeting like this, eh Brindlebutt?" she said. "As for what I was thinking, I was trying to get into this hollow to get a few moments of peace. So, unless the two of you are here to pull me out, you can just keep walking." Her attention was drawn from the stallion to his beast, who was jumping around Java and barking. Java, initially startled, now stretched his neck forward to smell the hellhound pup and tried to copy his bark, managing to produce a squeak that was more like a high-pitched yip. Although neither of them knew it at the moment, that yip was the beginning stage of his future vocal magic, and would later morph into a voice capable of shrieking someone into submission. "It's a pity that pup of yours was bonded to one as undeserving of compassion and friendship as you." Aryel said, lip curling in disgust.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Get off my butt, Snowball. I can't help but laugh. She was helpless and I could only hope she knew that. I hear a thudding noise and my head turns to see the little bat thing on the root that trapped Aryel. Standing on her back I stretch out, purposely digging my claws into her back but not enough to pierce the skin or cause any bleeding. Chewing my jaws a little I make a neat turn on her back to face the bat. I making a snapping motion with my jaws as they clamp down,not to far from where the bat was then I return into my sitting position on Aryel laughing.

Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes? You're in quite the predicament, darling, what on earth were you thinking?

It was a familiar voice and one I didn't mind hearing. It was the brindled stallion Crowley,who had offered me a spot (well as a ally) in the Plague,which I had accepted obviously,who wouldn't want to join a band of Unicorns based in the place you can call home? I look at him,a sly grin on my fluffy face,speaking of fluffy,what had Aryel called me again? Snowball. Well,blue cow suited her quiet well. We really do have to stop meeting like this, eh Brindlebutt? As for what I was thinking, I was trying to get into this hollow to get a few moments of peace. So, unless the two of you are here to pull me out, you can just keep walking.

My grin flickers up slightly. "Sadly blue cows don't get to tell me what to do." And again I settle down on her back and my attention turns to the Unicorn's companion who was innocently barking at the bat,and the bat making his own barking replays. Crowleys companion was of interest to me simply because of his breed. A hell hound. They were so much like dogs,and dogs were so much like me and so I add in my own,more matured barking noise. It was lower then the sounds and defiantly lower then the bats and had the slightest growl to finish it of which resulted in a huff of laughter as I watch the two animals curiously. "I personally think he could make quiet the companion." I spar Crowley a glance,grinning. Oh how I loved this moment. With Aryel as my throne to sit on and someone I knew who also hated the guts of Aryel.

"blah blah blah."

[I think i'm right in saying this is after he has been offered a place in the Plague O.o]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was Lupus' words that set the stallion to laughter, marking his approval, taking joy in the new name that he would forever refer the poor creature laying before them as. Perhaps it was childish, all this name calling, but then, Aryel had only fueled the fire ever since that fateful day in the Threshold. He'd started it, yes, but she had been more than happy to come up with her own taunts to throw back at him.

When the Pegasus suddenly spoke, Crowley paused, as if considering the mare's words for a moment. It seemed she'd come up with yet another nickname for him, and for once, it put a grin on the stallion's face. "Brindlebutt?" He repeated with a chuckle as he resumed his motion, circling around the maze of roots until he stood before the roan. "Clever."

The Weaver listened with genuine curiosity as Aryel set to explaining herself, mindlessly swatting his tail towards the mare's face whenever he felt it necessary. "Is that not what your wings are for?" He questioned, cocking his head to one side as he examined the trapped appendages with sick satisfaction, "I do recall you telling me how precious a gift they are. Why not take to the skies instead of trying to become one with the earth?" He paused, "Although, it is a fitting place for someone like you, darling."

At his feet, with eyes set intently upon Java, outstretched his own neck towards the strange creature, his nose twitching as he took in the bat's scent. When Java suddenly let loose the strangest noise, the pup jolted in surprise and stumbled back, landing on his rear. His head tilted to the side in curiosity as he observed the other, when suddenly there was another bark, this time coming from Lupus. Scrambling back up onto all fours, the young hound's tail set to waggling about, and he spat out another high pitched yip, before running sideways in a playful manner that was directed at the small bat.

Crowley dismissed the pup's acts, for although he would grow into a fearsome creature one day, Talbot was still young, and the stallion found that he did not mind his unusual behavior for now. Even he had been a colt some years ago, oblivious as to what he would grow to be.

Casting his golden gaze briefly to his Basin comrade, Crowley's look was appreciative, before he looked back to the downed Pegasus. Was she such a fool to be speaking to them in such a current state, when they could so easily set to breaking her back, her beloved wings, or simply crushing her little insolent head? "Darling," he spoke up yet again, "If you don't watch those pretty little lips, your own little friend might be finding himself without a caretaker. We wouldn't want that now, would we?" As if to confirm his words, he cast a quick glance downwards at the bat, before returning his gaze.

Adjusting himself, Crowley dropped his head so that his eyes met the Pegasus', his accented tone cold and cruel, but clear. "Maybe you should give me a reason why we shouldn't end your miserable existence right now."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel gritted her teeth as Lupus's claws pricked her back. Lucky for her, canine claws weren't very sharp at all. As Lupus made a mock snap at her bonded, she jerked her hind end to one side suddenly, as much as she could considered her current situation, hoping to unseat him. t was unlikely to suceed, as she could only move a few inches, and the movement caused her wing to rub against the root painfully. Java barely noticed his snap, more interested in the puppy.

The mare snorted as Lupus spoke. "Big words, pup." she said to him. "I'm sure that you wouldn't be half so cocky if I wasn't stuck. You're as cowardly as he is." she indicated Crowley with a jerk of her head. She turned her gaze to follow the brindle as he circled the roots, suspicion beginning to sneak into her glare. She was all too aware of the prone position she was in. She wrinkled her nose as Crowley's tail carelessly whisked against the cage of roots that surrounded the open space around her front half. She sighed as Crowley inquired why she hadn't simply gone for a flight. "Because, simpleton," she said, seemingly exasperated, "I was trying to get out of the sun. If I was to fly, I would be in direct sunlight. The roots here provide good shade." She strained at her bonds again, trying to push herself backwards with her front hooves scrabbling at the dust. No give whatsoever.

Java, meanwhile, was elated with his new friend. Finally, he had someone to play with! He had heard Lupus's bark, which caused him to jump, but now his attention was focused on the puppy gamboling in front of him. He was nowhere near that agile on the ground, but he could still play. Java matched Talbot's yip with another of his own, and stretched a wing-claw out, trying to make contact with the puppy and groom him like he would another bat. It was only when uncertainty began to creep into the bond link he and Aryel shared that he looked back at his bondmate with faint worry. He couldn't understand bighoof speech very well when Aryel spoke to him, he couldn't understand Crowley at all, but he could still feel very faint bits of emotion from Aryel.

And uncertain Aryel was, as Crowley spoke again. She all-too-easily heard the implication in his words, recognized the threat, as well as the danger she was quite possibly in. Crowley couldn't get to her front half, although Lupus possibly could, but you didn't need to reach the head or neck to kill somebody. All his pseudo-gentlemanly nature was gone as the stallion lowered his head to look directly into her eyes. She raised her head to meet his gaze, attempting to keep the slowly-growing fear out of her expression, showing nothing but contempt. "Because you don't have the guts, Crowley." she said. "You did not have the guts to attack me in the Threshold, and you do not have the guts to attack me now." Previously neutral, her tone became as hard as his. "Furthermore, doing so would bring down the Throat's wrath on your head. They wouldn't appreciate you killing a Sergeant, you know." She tilted her head to one side, daring a faint smirk. She didn't frequently flaunt her promotion, but she supposed she could make an exception for her dear friend Crowley.

(If anyone wants me to sketch out the setting, I could.

Also, now I'm worried as to how she's going to get out of this alive.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

A sudden jerk of the Pegasus throws me of balance slightly and the only way to keep on her back was to dig my claws in slightly,so I did and it proved to be worth it for I just manged to stay on her back and now I was more prepared then ever in case she tried to chuck me of again. I was actually quiet surprised at her movements to get me of her,considering she had the constant pressure of the roots hooping round her,scraping again her sides. "I'm sure that you wouldn't be half so cocky if I wasn't stuck. You're as cowardly as he is." Her head indicates to Crowley. I wonder if he actually was a coward,I don't know him that well to make a accurate judgement on him,although thinking about it,Aryel would say something like that. "I wouldn't be so sure." My voice cut's though the air with a dark, dangerous edge to each word. I wouldn't hesitate to kill the girl.

"I was trying to get out of the sun. If I was to fly, I would be in direct sunlight. The roots here provide good shade." Although this was a answer for Crowley's question,words were quick to leave my jaw. "Perhaps you should of stayed in the heat and burned." I would like that,and maybe,just before she was moments away from death,it would rain and dark clouds would fill the sky. All the other horses of the Throat would be under shelter and not know that there was a Pegasus,burnt all over. Then water would hammer down from the sky's and sting her wounds and she would live in suffering of her misfortune for a long,long time,her body scarred from the burns.

"Maybe you should give me a reason why we shouldn't end your miserable existence right now." I hold my tongue,curious of what Aryel was going to say and as I suspected,her tongue was quick to fire words. "Because you don't have the guts, Crowley. You did not have the guts to attack me in the Threshold, and you do not have the guts to attack me now." I poke my head round a little,seeing if I could catch Aryel's eye. Then I look at Crowley,a grin slowly curling up on my maw. I stand, stretch,yawn and stand again. With a sudden,and small,burst of energy I jump up onto the root that trapped Aryel. I look towards Crowley,my head slowly turning down to look between Aryel's ears as I spoke. "Why would he kill you? He would only have to go out and find some other play 'toy' to torment and aggravate." I pause. "Perhaps that is the only thing keeping you alive. For now."

"blah blah blah."

As much as he loathed it, he knew that Aryel was right. To have the Throat at the Basin's throat, as amusing a thought it was, would not be a good thing. Unlike the snowy land of his home, the Dragon's Throat was able to make alliances without the threat of a God upon them, so messing with them at all would be a grave mistake. It wasn't that he did not have the guts to pound the roan's head in, but simply, he was logical enough to know better.

"I could care less of your title," the brindle snapped at the mare and picked his head back up, a scowl marring the features of his face. His recent promotion to Weaver had been surprising yet welcomed, but he had never gone around flaunting it. Crowley couldn't deny, however, his astonishment to hear that Aryel had become a Sergeant. He remembered clearly the spat that had gone down in the Threshold, but it had been nothing more than that; it had hardly been a real battle.

Allowing the thought to slip from his mind, he put his focus back into the rest of what she had said, and regarded Lupus with a brief smirk at his words before turning his gaze back to the Pegasus. It was true, that he could simply find another to make his toy, much like he had done with Lana in the Basin, but he considered Aryel a more special kind of 'toy.' His favorite, perhaps, because she was a challenge amongst the rest.

Breathing a sigh, the stallion gave a shake of his head, clearly annoyed with the whole of the situation. He wanted nothing more than to pummel his hooves into the mare's head, or simply allow Lupus to sink his teeth into her easily accessible jugular, but it would have to wait another day. "The only thing keeping her alive," he spoke up, regarding Aryel with a look of disgust, "Is not that I lack the guts, but the fact that she is, unfortunately, correct." The words were spoken through almost gritted teeth, but as always, the look was quickly replaced with a thin smirk.

"Of course, nobody would have a clue what happened to you if we killed you here and now, darling. But, I digress." For a moment he quieted, a thoughtful look crossing his face. There were so many things they could do, considering the vulnerable position of the winged roan, but in the end, Crowley settled on something that he could only hope Aryel would approve of. "Come the beginning of Orangemoon, I'd like to meet the Sergeant of the Dragon's Throat on the battlefield. You may have the pleasure of picking where, lovey, should you accept." Although, he doubted she would back down from such an offer.

Finally the brindle began to turn, in the process jerking Talbot's attention away from the intriguing creature he had found. A whine emitted, for the pup did not want to leave the possible playmate, but it seemed he didn't have a choice. "However, you will have to find your own means of escaping this predicament, unless you can manage to sway me otherwise."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel winced again as Lupus's claws dug into her hide. She snorted as the wolf's tone became nastier, yet the creeping worry in her gut remained. She was in trouble, make no mistake about it, but this time, stuck under a root, there wasn't much she could do about it. Still, her barely-masked fear didn't stop her from scoffing as Lupus so kindly suggested she should have simply burned. "I figure that'd be more your forte," she said, giving him a smirk through the roots. "Having such white fur and all. Can't be useful in hotter regions, eh?"

She most certainly did not appreciate being called a toy, though. Feeling his weight leave her back, she looked about for where the wolf had gone until she caught a flash of movement above her, then glared up at him. "Well, I'm so glad he holds me in such high value." she said dryly. The scowl became a smirk, though, as she apparently managed to succeed in breaking Crowley's cool, and she turned her attention from the wolf to the unicorn. His usual look of distaste was back in place, but she had gotten him angry for a second, and she was willing to run with it. His next words were yet another implied threat, but something told her he wouldn't do it. If he apparently enjoyed antagonizing her, what would be the point of killing her now?

And his next words confirmed it. Her face lit up in a vicious grin at the mention of a duel. "Why Crowley," she said, batting her eyes, "It looks like you actually do have a spine. I'd be honored to fight you, actually. I think the Heavenly Fields would be an equal battleground, if that's alright with you." The thought of finally getting the chance to grind Crowley's muzzle into the dirt gave her a feeling of vengeful glee like nothing she had ever felt before. Now she would get him back for the snide insults about her previously-odd coloring, for siccing Dakini on her, and for today, threatening to kill her when she was helpless. Still, she doubted it would be easy. Pure fury would only bring you so far. She made a mental that, once she got out of this mess, to find a few soldiers who wanted to spar. Practice made perfect.

She rolled her eyes as Crowley turned to leave, leaving her to her own devices to get free. "Because of course it would be too much effort for the two of you to grab a hind hock, bite down, and pull." she grumbled, then tried to jerk herself backwards again. The back of her head collided with the root holding her prisoner, causing her to grunt in pain, but was that an extra inch of wiggle room she felt? All she had to do was get the broadest point of her barrel out, then the rest would follow suit. Tallsun's bounty of plants had left her a little round in the girth, as it did to most horses, although she doubted she would retain the weight through Frostfall. She considered using her new magic to burn her way out, but as far she knew, she could only create flames from her hooves and wingtips, neither of which could really be used in this situation. Furthermore, in this dry weather she had no desire to start a forest fire. And a small part of her wanted to hide her newfound abilities from Crowley until their fight, to give a nasty surprise. No, her fire magic wouldn't be much use here.

Java, equally upset his new friend had to leave, gave a small squeak. Aryel regarded him for a few moments, wondering how it was that the companions of two mortals enemies could become friends. Life certainly worked in mysterious ways.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

How I wished to I could jump down onto her petty neck and sink my teeth right into her neck. I'm sure Crowley would be beating her head in now to if the fact pointed out wasn't true. If we did choose to hurt her then the Throat would do something about it. She would be sure to report back (if she survived) to Kri with who attacked her and they would be soon to come back at me and Crowley, and probably the whole Basin.

I listen closely as Crowley provides a challenge with Aryel and for once, I deiced to keep my jaws shut as it was between them to. I am curious of the outcome of the challenge and hoped to god that Crowley would win. He better do or he would bring shame on the Basin and Aryel would be able to boast about it. I wouldn't mind sparring with her myself actually but lately, I had more important things on my mind. Ayaka for example. "Because of course it would be too much effort for the two of you to grab a hind hock, bite down, and pull." I watch as Crowley starts to pace away but Aryel's words drag me away from watching the stallion leave.

I roll my eyes. "Or maybe it's because we have more important things to do, unlike you sergeant." I sigh. Gradually growing board of the mare. Sighing I stand and stretch out on the root, my mouth opening in a yawn. Looking round my eyes fall to rest on the mares head, well the back/top if it. With a slight curl up on my lips I bend my head down to whisper into her ear. My words are cold and dark. "Next time you won't be so lucky." Looking round again I turn so that my four paws are almost in a line to keep on the root before jumping onto her back and using it to jump on to the ground at the side, minding not to get close to her back legs.

"Enjoy your stay Aryel." I call back, following quiet a way behind Crowley.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre
(I'm not going to set up a whole post here, just imagine that once Lupus and Crowley left Aryel was, over the course of around forty-five minutes, able to find some wiggle room, suck in her gut, and pull free. She then collected her bat and left, rather embarrassed.)