the Rift

Even the stars will smile (Ktulu, open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 words words words.</style>

It was late, far too late for good folk to be rummaging through the undergrowth like thieves in the night. Yet here I was, struggling through a mess of twisted brambles and briers as I made my way from the veins and into thistle meadow. My steps were leading toward a goal brought about by love; though they didn’t know if she would still be waiting considering how late it was. But it was worth a try regardless, and I wanted to share my thoughts with someone.

Earth had come to me during my bleakest moment; he had whispered wisdom to send thoughts in a swirl of confusion. Yet, in the same instance he took heart from ground and placed it back inside chest—spirit no longer felt helpless, hopeless. My lord had shown me what I need to do, and since I was a directional sort of fellow who loved the idea of, ‘do this, do that, and all would be well’….I clung to his ideals like a drowning man. At long last my hooves could wrap around something, I could grow.

Eventually walk turned into a trot, despite having not slept tonight I felt alive—renewed. My body tingled and wings twitched until it was almost foolish to not give in and grant access to heaven. They unfurled, limbs began to canter. Directly after, this body was airborne. Thrashing sky and flying strong, the stars overhead watched with their glittering eyes filled to the brim with curiosity as to why a sky child was up this late. I could almost hear them now, “Go to your bed you foolish boy, don’t you know this is our time to play?” to this thought I laughed, for the first time in what felt like forever. I laughed and said, “I too am a son of the night!” Voice very nearly yelled to the sky, which of course was empty of life to a mortal’s eyes. If one saw me bellowing below, they might think me mad; and the idea of that made my grin grow even wider.

Let them think whatever they shall think.

Our meeting place comes into sight; I know this because the smell of salt water lingers as does the calling of gulls. I slow descend to land softly, pulling wings back and then forward until my feet alight and disturb the ground only a little. Once I’ve settled and pulled feathers tight, my eyes scan the open field for her. For her. The reason I was out here, and not at home nestled into a warm bed. I had so much to share, but not all of my tidings would be wholly pleasant.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]