the Rift

Ophelia, Ophelia [phi, open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

There had been a matter hanging over Tor like a malicious, oppressive black cloud, flickering with lightning that occasionally jerked her into near-tears and made her want to go fleeing from the Edge, from Destrier, from her loved twins and flying to the Forest she had once called home, in order to find the mare who had crushed her. Ophelia. The alabaster mare she still cared for, even after their bitter words and sharp arguments. It had been several months since she had seen her creamy coat and crimson and ice eyes. Tor missed her, missed her with an aching heart, a hole in it of friendship that could not be fulfilled by love of her children and family.

It nagged at her like an itch she could not reach, until she could not withstand it any longer. She told Destrier she would be loving, for a few days anyway, and nuzzled her children goodbye, before taking off swiftly, not even sure if she was part of the Edge still. If she wasn't, could she join the Gray again? No. While she owed Ophelia an explanation, she owed her family ever more. Destrier's love was worth more than anyone else's, she told herself, and it meant more than anything she had experienced before. It was pure and strong, special, sweet and relaxed. She loved him. She couldn't leave him, not ever, not in a hundred years or more. Not in infinite.

Tor woke bright and early to the singing of the birds, after resting upon the edge of the forest dark and deep and twisted, filled with endless shadows. It was an overcast day, the clouds silver and soft, shadowed gray, rounded around the edges and thick and never-ending. A light rain fell, dampening the earth, just slightly moist, not too cold nor too warm, just... there. Her coat, whitened out to a pure shade of milk, had pearl raindrops slipping down, and her feathers clung to her neck, clinging stubbornly to her hooves.

There was the muffled thump of her hooves was the only sound in the shadowed forest as she entered, eyes adjusting slowly to the dim lighting. For many minutes she wandered, calling softly for the white mare. Sighing, she stopped, swishing her dripping wet tail. "Ophelia, please! I need to talk to you! You deserve an explanation. I've had twins! I have a lover! They're in the Edge, I can't just leave them. They need me, and I can't go back on my promise to the Edge, I don't know what I'm doing anymore." And she didn't. She had made a right mess of her life with owing allegiances and alliances and promises.

Besides, if she did back out of the Edge, what would she turn into but an oath-breaker? Who would even take her? "Ophelia... I'll come back. I'll stay with you. I can't bear losing your friendship."

TOR
just because i trust everyone does not mean i'm a fool.

slime-stock | Burtn | Tay-Studios
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

A dismal day began outside, uncharacteristic for the middle of Tallsun. The alabaster mare stood beneath a large, emerald fir, the glassy drops falling steadily as the thunderheads rolled overhead. The darkness was a comfort on her lightly colored eyes, and she felt as if the churning storm fit the unsteady waves in her heart. Dual colored eyes stared ahead of her at nothing, the movement and images flashing in her mind instead. Each steady drop, the repetitive motion of the perfect sequence lulled her into a trance. Voices, so familiar but distant rank in her ears. Memories moved by at speed faster than lightning, burning behind her eyes and then settling into another image.

Mauja yelling in her head as he fell into an abyss of darkness, conjured by her mind in her sleep. She shuddered a little, gritting her teeth and trying to pull herself out of her own thoughts. Somedays she believed that the God of the Sun was right; she was a masochist for wanting to keep her own memories. However, she would choose to suffer for those she loved; it was in her nature to put everyone else before herself and her own needs. Quietly she would accept her fate, the brief joy of watching other's smile masking the doubt and pain beneath. The deity she loved had left her to this world alone, and now alone she would venture into the future.

Ophelia had learned her lessons in the most difficult of ways. She learned not to let her heart choose for her, lest it be broken on sandy beaches with crashing waves. She learned not to trust those she believed were friends, and she grimaced at the memory of walking along the sands with Tor. Bitterness swept over her, making her stomach church and jaws clench tightly. She had never felt such a powerful swell of hatred before, not since that asshole of a stallion threatened Ktulu in the Threshold. Even then, that was a protective emotion, this was purely... self-preservation and darkness. In all honesty, the emotion scared her, but it soothed the ache and calmed the doubt. For now, she would allow the bitter hatred to linger and taint the taste in her mouth and the look in her strange, dual colored eyes.

A voice like grating cries came to her ears and the mare stiffened, her expression turning dangerous. The words fell upon a soul that was not receiving bullshit or giving a shit.

"I don't know what I'm doing anymore."

Ophelia snorted sarcastically. "Clearly." She replied with a grunt that was barely descriptive of the fury that roiled beneath, deep in her gut. Never before had she felt such a burning desire to destroy with words or actions, and she had to swallow down the urge to lunge in anger, her horn to feet flesh.

The mare finally could not contain her anger an longer. She whirled on Tor, turning on her haunches and coming face to face with her former friend. Ophelia's dual colored eyes flashed. "Promise to the Edge?!" she barked. "In what corner of your mind did you happen to hide the rule that the Grey allies with no one? In what wild fantasy did you believe that double crossing the Grey and fucking up our friendship would somehow turn out all right?" Ophelia bared her teeth as her words paused, breathing shallowly, tense.

"I could not care less if you fell for some brute and birthed the spawn of your indiscretion under whatever guise you call love. Already one of the mares in our own herd is with child but remained loyal. As long as she remains a part of our family, her actions are none of my concern, but you...." Ophelia growled out the last words with a dangerous fury, her tone going from violent to bitterly, darkly cold in a matter of seconds. "You lied; you squandered the Grey as your family and without notice left to make promises that defied us."

"You call yourself my friend and then tell me you've left our band and spat on our friendship in my weakest moment, when I had already been abandoned by the very light that had once guided my life." Ophelia grimaced through that last part, a rift in her heart opening, aching. The alabaster mare shook her head. "You left, the lives of your children hanging in the balance as you selfishly threw yourself into the Basin. What debt I owed you as friends was paid on that day."

Ophelia took two, solid steps back, her heart aching, battling with the anger that brought an uncharacteristic wetness to her eyes. "You are the most selfish mare I know, and I am a fool for believing that I could open myself to you as I did. So, thank you, for teaching me a valuable lesson." The alabaster mare stiffened again and took another solid step back. "Return to your family. The ruins of our friendship will not longer battle for their attention or your life."

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

At first, the sign of the ghost had warmed her, cooled her worries and calmed her, eased her cream face into one of her lovely, warm smiles that seemed to glow from the very bottom of her heart, seemed to make the air hot around her with her adoration and care. So relieved she was her eyes skipped over the rage in the pale ghost’s eyes. So when the unicorn spoke, crass and uncaring, she froze. Her mouth literally hung open for a moment, the smile slowing sliding off her care, dropping onto the cold ground and shattering there. With every word her hopes, sincere as could be, were crushed, alongside her heart. Nothing could’ve prepared her for the cold, hard, and furious words aimed at her.

Tor could never recall not being cared for. What had she done for this mare so wrong? Yes, she had been irresponsible. She had been a fool. But to talk to selfishness to her? She had left for family! Was that truly so wrong? Here she came, back, and yes she had been an idiot for promising the Edge shallow oaths. Maybe she was in the wrong the whole time… but the Edge had treated her kindly enough. It was unusual for Tor to raise her voice, and even more unusual for her to feel a burning sensation in her gut. Anger. No, it was not unusual to feel anger- it was unusual to reciprocate the feeling to another. Perhaps, Tor thought in the clouded areas between fury and tears, it was just the rain making her eyes mist. Mostly, she had screwed herself, she was well aware. There was little for her but family now. Here she was, trying to make amends… and she had been refused, cast back away.

For a long moment she stood, dripping, cold, and yet heated inside, uncertain whether to cast away the rage or begin what would surely become a yelling match.

Then the pearl mare spoke.

“Ophelia, I have wronged you. I have broken our friendship. But I do not believe that, if you do. I think of you as sister- I love you as family. Families argue. Sometimes, families split and families do not visit each other any longer. But they are still herd!” Tor’s voice was surprisingly calm, despite the chaos she felt inside herself, growing and growing stronger with passing moments. One might think it even bordered on cool. She inhaled, and continued on- “I am a fool and an idiot. I am irresponsible and have many faults. I – make – mistakes. Would you abandon Ktulu if she rejoined a herd? Would you shun her and not forgive her? I know she would not be such a damn idiot in the beginning- but don’t you understand how sorry I am?” Another pause as the mare collected her thoughts. “I am a simpleton, sometimes- most of the time- but I beg of you to reconsider, to put this behind you. Search my memories and you will find I was searching for you the whole of Frostfall. Search and you will find in the company of my family I missed you like a unicorn speared me through the heart. Search and you will find I never stopped thinking of you.” Now the mare was building steam, rushing on forward, the words coming out of her like a torrent.

“I – will – not – leave. Not until we figure this out. I will not let you leave, in a hundred years if that’s what it takes. You know I am often promising too many things. No longer. Give me this chance Ophelia, to prove myself. I will do anything for you. I am a healer, and you know the Gray needs a healer. Please.” Let her understand! Gods above and below! It would be hard, very hard, to gain the trust of the Gray again. But she would, if she could. If not… she awaited life as an outcast. No more promises to break, no more traitorous moves. Peace and quiet, loyalty to only family. Whoever that family might be.

TOR

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia's heart beat hard in her chest, and she just noticed again after barking for one of the few times in her life that it was raining. The streams of liquid ran down her face and dropped over her long, white lashes until she blinked. White and crimson tresses stuck to her hocks and neck, and her damp coat turned almost a dark blue from the darkness of the skin beneath the alabaster fur. The glare that was affixed to her expressive features was harsh and unyielding, and she stood from afar, neck lifted and muscles thickly tensed. Lovely, tulip ears were turned against her skull, showing her lack of interest at any subsequent words the pinto could spew in her direction.

When she spoke, Ophelia flashed her tail in anger, the rage almost humorous now with the incredulity of Tor's continuing verbal antics. Then, the bitch compared herself to her sister. An anger stronger than any she had ever known flared in her heart, making her lungs expand in a strong gust. Her nostrils flared and jaws clenched tightly, body quivering and tense as if struck by lightning. The intensity of this fury made her vision blur slightly, though everything was bathed in crimson.

Still, she waited, listened as every word fell like the hammer of a gavel, condemning Tor to a worse fate than a broken friendship. First, she appealed to her sense of family, to herdship, then to her memories and then to logic. Ophelia's expression turned into a bitter, violent sneer, lips curling back from her ivories. "The Grey has a healer," she growled, and then she paused.

Words seemed so pointless and cumbersome when all she desired to do was lunge out and snatch Tor's crest in her jaws and yank the mare into the muddy ground, then... Ophelia cut that thought short. Murder was not a fit sentence for stupidity, though she hoped that the pinto had not passed along the genes for this glaring flaw. "You are not my sister. You are not my family. You have no right to compare yourself to the mare who grew at my side while we spent nearly every waking moment supporting each other. I would never dream of leaving Ktulu, and when she asked me about forming this band, I supported her with my presence and skills." Ophelia snapped, her anger still boiling hot just beneath the surface.

"Ktulu would never abandon me; even when I was at my lowest point, she was honest, helped me through all of my trials. You pale in comparison. The scale in my mind does not even have mark for your level when I think of my beloved twin." Ophelia growled out those words harshly, no longer concerned with feelings and politics. Every ounce of hate and rage she had held back since that day when Tor spat on their friendship as Ophelia had been nearly breathless with pain from the Sun God poured from her lips.

"My family is also my herd, and you left it without a word. You are no longer a part of my family. You spit upon the unity of the Grey. You think I give a damn that you left? No. What makes you a fool is that you formed two alliances when the Grey strictly allows for none, had fucking children with a stallion you hooked up with in this short time, and THEN you think it wise to tell me that you left? Fucking brilliant." Ophelia snorted sarcastically, shaking her head. "Sorry doesn't fix anything. Sorry is an excuse."

Ophelia grunted slightly, her glare turning cold. "Considering my emotional involvement and the fact that I do not rule this herd alone, your re-admittance into our ranks will not be determined by my opinion of you alone. If the Grey wants you back, I will not stand in your way, but any friendship or bond I had with you was broken in the Marsh. Coming here expecting to mend such a break is a fool's errand." She wished Ktulu were here.

[OOC: Permission for Grey to allow or disallow Tor back into the Grey. Ktulu first.]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U         

i'm a slave and i am a master

no restraints and unchecked collectors

Not much went on in the forest that Ktulu didn't have some sort of knowledge of. The trees that had become her home in the months after founding the Grey had a way of trapping and magnifying voices. Eytan's adventures and the subsequent flashes of the goings on she saw in her mind also added to her growing knowledge. So when Ophelia's voice rang through the forest it alerted Ktulu, not only because of Phi being her sister, but because of the anger she heard in that voice. She easily navigated her way through the forest and soon came upon her beautifully pale sister and the stupid, trouble making wench that abandoned them after pledging loyalty.

Dark ears were tilted forward as she listened, then, to Tor's answer to Ophelia's biting words. Anger clenched Ktulu's heart as the stupid mare claimed to love Ophelia as a sister. There was no way that Tor could love Phi the way she claimed to. There were, however, a few things that Ktulu could agree with that Tor said. Ktulu agreed that she was a fool, an idiot, and irresponsible. Anger, again, flared within Ktulu's being as Tor then proclaimed that she would not leave and that she would not let Ophelia leave. Just who the hell did she think she was?

As Ophelia began to speak once more Ktulu emerged from the shadow of the trees she had stood by and took her place beside her pale sister. "Your position has been filled." She said, backing her sister's words that the Grey already had a healer. It had been an easy decision, in her opinion, to make Apollo the group's healer. He was trustworthy. She did not wonder where his loyalties lay and she did not feel as if the stallion did not like her.

"Tell me, Tor." The darker sister then continued on. "Is your head shoved up your ass for the warmth?" How could one individual be so foolish? How could one individual be given so much and piss it all away then dare ask for another chance. "How dare you come back here after blatantly violating our rules. No member of the Grey shall have any affiliation with a herd or group other than that of the Grey." She stated stonily. "You chose to leave us and no matter how foolish your choice was it was your choice."

Ktulu then stepped forward, her tail slapping against her legs and her ears tilting forward. Her crimson eyes flashed with unconcealed anger as she glared at the heavier mare. "And you dare to come here after trying to steal me away from my home. It seems as if your stupidity knows no bounds, Tor, and your stupidity is something that I want no part of." Her words were cold and scathing as she addressed the older mare, but she was not finished quite yet. "There is no room in the Grey for someone who's morals lie beneath her hooves. If my sister will not say that you are not welcome then I will. You are not welcome. No manner of persuading will sway my opinion nor my decision. You say you will not leave until all is resolved then fine. Do so. Stand there until your hooves are rooted into the ground and moss covers your back. It will change nothing. Not what you did, not who you hurt." She said as she glanced at her pale sister. Honestly had she not hurt Ophelia so then Ktulu might have considered taking her back, but she burned that bridge when she left and trampled it when she came back.

Again, Ktulu moved closer to Tor, aiming to get to a spot where only Tor would hear her. "If you dare compare yourself to me or tell my sister that you love her like a sister then I promise you I will run my horn through your throat." She hissed quietly, through nearly clenched teeth. Pale, silken tail flicked again as she circled around the larger mare then came to a stand beside her sister once more. "Members of the Grey, come forth!" She called into the trees. "Let us hear your opinion." Perhaps if someone put forth a good enough argument Ktulu could be persuaded into changing her mind and letting Tor enter back into their ranks on a trial basis.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

Standing at the edge of a crystalline pool of water, staring intently into its clear depths, Apollo had been somewhat startled when he had heard the voice of Ktulu carry along the breath of the wind. ’Members of the Grey, come forth!’ His head snapped to attention at his lady’s beckon, and immediately the painted stag turned away from the pool of water. He would return later, he agreed, and continue his solitary thinking… For now, Ktulu had beckoned him, and he would go to her. Such was his loyalty to his family.

The overo’s steps were light as he wove through the dark, familiar shadows of the trees, honey-brown orbs taking in the sights around them. He knew not what Ktulu was calling them for, but he wouldn’t turn her demand away. Dark hooves picked themselves up to avoid the twisting roots of the trees, his tail flicking this way and that as he made his way further into the depths of the Deep Forest. Why would she be summoning them? Had there been some kind of development…?

It didn’t take Apollo long to reach the clearing where, not only was Ktulu standing, but Ophelia as well. He dipped his horn to the sisters of light and darkness, as he always showed them respect whenever he came across them, and looked to Ktulu for a moment before his attention was distracted by the appearance of a large, draft mare. He remembered her, briefly, even if they hadn’t properly spoken or made aquaintances… Yes, her name was Tor. He had fleetingly met her in the forest with Phaedra, seasons back, when they had taken an impromptu adventure in the powers of glowing mushrooms… If he remembered correctly, she had been a part of the Grey as the family’s healer, the position that Apollo himself currently held. Tilting his head, Apollo allowed his gaze to drift from Tor and back to Ktulu and Ophelia. His gentle eyes lingered upon the sisters, picking his words carefully out in his head before deciding to speak.

“You called, my Ladies?” Surely it had something to do with Tor… Did she want back into the Grey? Apollo gave his head a quick shake. He recalled one of the key rules of being in the Grey; unending loyalty always. The draft mare had left them to join a herd, he knew, but little else. If she had come here, today, asking to re-join their ranks… Well, Apollo honestly wasn’t sure how it would go down.

If Tor did re-join them, would she want her old position back? The thought caused Apollo to bristle, his ears tipping back slightly and head raising. Now that he had finally achieved something for his family, filled a position where he could truly help those that had helped them, he wouldn’t readily give it up. The selfish part of him hoped that the Grey would simply send Tor away, and that she would return to wherever she had ran away to in the first place… After all, she had left them. The Grey had offered her a haven, just like it had done for him, and she had stuck her nose up at it. The thought caused Apollo to snort and stomp a hoof, the sound muted by the vegetation collecting upon the forest floor.

Whatever happened, the Grey would decide as a unit, and he would support the decision made by his family.

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD

THE DAUNTLESS

ready to ignite

Archibald moved through the forest like a shadow, his giant figure ominous and frightening to those that cross his path. Loretta darted between trees to finally stop in the bushes behind Ophelia, sending him images of angry Grey members, all convened in one place. Loretta stood watching the pale hybrid and her dark twin argue at the paint for some time before her bonded appeared. Picking his body up into a trot, Archibald closed the distance between him and his group. Coming up on the right of Loretta and behind Ophelia, Archibald entered the scene with dark eyes and a stoic expression. He let his gaze fall on the gray and white paint. She wants to be Grey. Loretta spoke calmly, leaning against Archibald's left foreleg.

This was the mare that had healed him after his battle with Jackal. This mare had used her powers selflessly to take away the sting of Dei's aftermath. Archibald tightened the muscles under his burn scars, remembering the scene in the forest when he felt helpless and exhausted. Never had he felt that way before, never would he feel it again, and Tor had been there to assist him. Apparently, she had been the healer of the Grey beforehand. Archibald wondered if she had been a member of the Grey when she healed him, but part of him decided not, given the timeline. Now, she wanted back in, and was groveling to Ophelia.

The anger that rolled off of the twins brought Archibald to think that something very bad had happened between them. He knew that mares, when overcome with strong emotions, were hard creatures to reason with, and so Archibald would not try to sway their decision. However, he would let them know about the history between himself and the paint. "Tor healed by dragon burns after my throne was stolen from me." Archibald shifted his glance to look at Ophelia and wait for a response, if any, but did not expect his words to make the sister's decide to let Tor stay.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

Tor watches Ophelia cry silently, without a word, and suddenly all of her sadness is gone. If Ophelia does not want her, so be it. Let her put this behind herself and forget, speak to Destrier and set off alone as she should. Destrier will understnd her broken faith, she well knows- he will understand the remorse she feels. He was always there for her, so much more than the bitter white mare in front of her was. This mare cares nothing for her, clearly, otherwise she would have at least tried to understand. Festering in both sadness and anger Tor watches, beyond the point of caring now. She doesn't understand why Ophelia doesn't understand- is it really so terrible of her to take what was, essentially, a pregnancy leave? Apparently it was.

While Tor is not vengeful, she does not love this mare the way she thought she did. Ktulu's cold, hard words do not go through her, they soar through her head and come out the other ear. The only thing she is concerned about is that they do not want her. Yes, maybe the Gray does, not just the mares blinded by their own selfish feelings. She is a veteran healer, healing far more than many. If they do not care for her skills, so be it. No longer will she allow herself to waste awa- What am I thinking? Tor shakes her head in a daze, realizing she was turning into the selfish mare she strived so hard to avoid. How could she think these thoughts? Leave them out of this.

Let her begin anew, wash away her sins. Let her forget these problems. She knows a herb that will do such a thing... but she doesn't want to forget Luken, Laila, or Destrier. Will she honestly follow through on such a selfish thought? No. No, she will not. Tor sighs, and says simply, ignoring the Gray gathering- "I have no desire to join the Gray if I will not be accepted by the leaders. My only request is that should I ever have need of the Gray and its services, you will not stop simply because we have..." She floundered for a word, and fell silent. "I hope we won't cross paths again. Good bye."

With that, Tor slipped away, and she too had tears falling from her eyes, and yet she made no sound.

[Tor exits.]

TOR

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia inhaled as Ktulu arrived as support, and she listened as her sister mirrored her own sentiments. Apollo moved into the equation then, followed by Archibald. The alabaster hybrid listened to the black stallion speak, and she nodded, understanding. With a deep breath, Ophelia tried to calm the racing of her heart and the cold, bitter screaming of her emotions. The burning rage in her dual colored eyes dimmed to sadness, and she shifted her weight onto one hip, lightly touching her nose to Ktulu's shoulder in a kind "thank you".

Then, the pale hybrid turned to Archibald and smiled sadly. "What called me into friendship with Tor in the first place was her heart to heal," she replied, remembering those mirrors with a bitter aftertaste. "After the invasion against the Edge who now reside in the Basin, Mauja was very injured. Tor, selflessly, healed him, and you too have a story of her usefulness as a healer." Ophelia turned her head to those who had gathered, trying to be calm, rational respite the fact that she was damaged on the inside and trying to claw her way out of a dark hole.

"I do not doubt Tor as a healer. I doubt her as a loyalist. I doubt her as a friend. Apollo has taken the position as healer beautifully, and I will not punish him for a deserter of the Grey." Ophelia grit her teeth a little. "Even leaving the Grey, our family, would be forgivable, but Tor joined the World's Edge. A fundamental creed of the Grey is that we do not ally or join with other herds. Why? Because our neutrality would be called into question. Knowing this rule, Tor still left and joined the Edge." Ophelia turned to Archibald again.

"Knowing this information, how do you stand?" Ophelia then watched as Tor said that she would not be a part of a herd whose leaders do not accept them. Those were perhaps the most recent words of wisdom that had emerged out of the grey pinto's mouth yet. "Should you have need of the Grey, I will not be a part of the decision to support your cause. I know for a fact that I am too emotionally involved for that."

And finally, she left. Was that not what Ophelia had told her to do earlier?