the Rift

by starlight. [cassiopeia]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute
i made a throne for hope to sit.

The visits from so many of different herds had made me considerably nervous over the past few weeks. With more faces passing through my borders, I began to grow a suspicious hunch that something was going on outside of my realm of knowledge. I knew Mirage's forces had grown quite strong, but she was a friend, thus her strength did not cause concern. Instead, the cold-eyed Mauja had instilled in me a sense of wariness - one I couldn't seem to shake.

I had heard within Helovia that there had once been Seers, those who could peer into the future when granted the right by their homeland. The only need accept the position, it was said, for the magic to take root in their minds. I had pondered this for many nights, thinking about which of my herdmates would be most suitable for the task of seeing. The calm and clear minded Cassiopeia was the face that kept creeping back into my mind. She was a smart girl, a quick learner, and I felt she was mature enough to handle such a responsibility.

Stepping out under the starlight which bathed my desert home, I call out to the mare with a light yet firm tone. "Cassiopeia, I wish to speak with you." I wait on the red rocks for her response.

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

let it break upon you
like a wave upon the sand

It was by the silvery light of the moon that the dame responded to the call of her leader, the diminutive structure of columba fluttering nearby. The cadence of her footsteps produced a quiesce serenade as her dished hooves clapped against the arid, russet loam of her desert home. She dipped her head in greeting as he reached the silver dapple, a respectful, reverent gesture."Yes, Kri?" The curiosity was clearly evident in her voice.

The celestial dove had alighted atop the pinnacle of her withers and began preening the luminous, pyretic plumes upon its iridescent body. "May I inquire as what you wish to discuss?" She hadn't a clue as to what she might've desired to speak with her about, though it must have held significant importance.

[ ooc ; Sorry this is so short. My muse is pretty low, at the moment. ]

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute

The sound of her approach alerted me before her dark frame actually became visible in the dim light. Her teal eyes glow in the silver light of the moon as she makes her way to my side, ears perked curiously in response to my calling. She soon took to preening the soft feathers of her wings, yet my eyes do not strain from her body, illuminated hardly by the moon above. My ears flick slightly as I consider how to phrase my proposition in a way she would understand.

"Have you ever heard of the Seers of the land?" I ask calmly, awaiting a response. My face looks at her inquiringly before continuing, with or without her reply. "They are said to be blessed with the power of foresight once being given the position in the herd." I look out over the expanse of our home, the desert which folds out before us in red waves. "As I'm sure you can imagine, this would offer a good deal of security to the herd."

I turn to look toward her again, my face full of a uncharacteristic hesitation. It was not like me to fear asking something of anyone. Speaking my mind came naturally, yet I felt as though I did not want to force this mare into the position. Awkwardly, I stand beside the tall, lithe frame of Cassiopeia in vascillation. With the responsibility of a new mother, she may not wish for additional tasks. However, it could not hurt to ask. "I would like for you to fill this position, Cassie. I trust in you."

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

trust your heart if the
seas catch fire

The heavenly aviary which had only moments ago perched upon Cassiopeia's withers had since vanished from sight. Its pyretic assemblage dissolved into a thin, luminous film which now hovered supernaturally through the air behind the roan dame. Her ears perked forward stiffly, for she was surprised by the substance of her leader's words.

The weightless dust twirled ominously through the silken strands of Cassiopeia's ebony mane, then ascended into the vast blackness of the midnight sky. The points of light that interspersed the outline of the avian constellation reformed in their natural position in the sky, their luminance slowly growing in intensity. Her attentions had been reigned in by the bay mare, exquisite, cyan irises regarding her with surprise.

No one had mentioned such a thing to her in quite some time, and the cobalt matron found herself submerged in a wave of retentive emotions. "Yes." She answered simply, her words lubricated with a soft mildness, though evidenced no frailty, for she was not a mare of feeble pride. Not so much was it nostalgia that eluted her palate from uttering any father response, more so was it her restless mind seeking an answer to Kri's reasoning in resurrecting such a matter. Not that this had happened with Kri before, though may years ago she was faced with a similar proposition. The only difference now was she was truly afforded the decisiveness of her own judgement. Back then, it was an involuntary "blessing."

A gentle wind began to whisper in her lobed ears, seemingly enticed to manifest by the Goddess, herself, or so it was assumed by the celestial maiden, for she was the one who initially acknowledged her potential to utilize the magic of foresight. It embraced her silvern pelage compellingly, breathing words of wisdom and of encouragement, coercing her to accept the mare's offer. Hark ears pivoted with uncertainty upon the poll of her head. "I have been a Seer once before - an Oracle, they called it." She finally confessed, a figurative weight visibly - however vague - purged from her body. She hadn't so much as told Azzuen and she almost felt guilty for telling Kri now. She swiftly thrust such an emotion aside: now was not the time. "Though that was long ago." She added, an afterthought.

She looked out across the ostensibly endless russet expanse of rock that was her homeland, the silver veil of moonbeams casting an organza cape across the world. The way the gossamer sterling fingers of fluorescence danced and flaunted across the terrain composed an unwritten sonnet in itself. Meanwhile, a steady current of thoughts reeled incessantly through the chambers of her mind, lured by Kri's inquiry about her filling the position.

Could she balance the responsibility of such a rank as well as the accountability of maternity and the obligation she owed toward Azzuen as a lover? Yes. She affirmed mentally, the assurance strong and impregnable. She would not waste such a blessing again. Perhaps it was a second chance of sorts. She found herself unable to refuse. Looking toward the silver bay with a characteristic glint of felicity in her expressive eyes, she smiled.

"I would be honored, Kri."

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute

She had mysterious powers, this Cassiopeia. Despite the calm sort of kindness that eked from her eyes every passing second, there was also a veil of the unknown that shrouded her expression. I am slightly taken aback by the fact that I trust such a mare so easily, since she has shared little with me about herself. Still, the sweetness of her eyes and the soft authority of her voice was calming, soothing, and assured me she would never bring harm to me nor our home.

The constellation on her shoulder dispersed into the air, creating a cloud of ethereal mist which mimicked my thoughts enough to bring a quiet smirk to my own face, feminine yet roughened by time and resolve. The lady of the stars, cloaked in darkness much like the Goddess of the Moon.

Her voice rings in recognition of the Seers, and for that, I am glad. I had chosen well in her, as she appeared to have a nostalgic look on her face that suggest she knew better than I the secrets of the seers. Still, when my offer clings in the air, I note that her ears flick uncertainly upon her delicately shaped head, dancing with the wind as it passed between us. There is a hopeful gleam to the features of my face, for she did not outright decline my request. Then, a melodic voice brings forth a secret from her past that causes my own eyes to widen slightly in surprise, one ear drawn back as I gaze at her - my face a mess of blonde hair twirling with the night.

"I hadn't known," I said - though she already knew this. Only Cassiopeia held the secrets to her past. If she had not unlocked them for me, how could I have known? I had no ability to read minds.

However, the silence swayed between us for a moment, her mind obviously considering the strains of accepting such a role. Her answer, when it finally broke the seal of the quiet air, was firm; there was no hint of the vascillating I had seen moments earlier. A smile breaks on my face. "I am glad, Cassiopeia. I am sure you will serve us well."