the Rift

Where The Wild Things Are

Atka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: jt0ttw.png]

What a wonderful place.

Tri-colored hooves gently found their way across the never ending sea of trees. Slender alders stood naked, stripped of their yellow tinted leaves for the season. Frostfall was very present in the light air of this new found world. Crisp, short winds created a swaying effect on the small, still growing ever greens that dotted the land, side by side with the less fortunate trees. Evidence of others was quite obvious as the large male moved along. And not only equines of all kinds, but forest dwelling creatures as well. Naturally animals of the woodlands would slowly strip the numerous tree trunks of their sweet, dry bark. Though it way have not been the most satisfying flavor, it was evident that a few animals had the liking of the sappy taste.

Slowly the stallion moved, the smallest of the, what seemed like, permanent smile played across his pink edged lips. Two large caribou antlers sprouted from his forehead, swinging out to bend around the outside of each ear. Low branches dragged across the strange rack of horns, needles dropping off at the soft touch and raining down to settle in his stripped mane, or falling to the forest floor to rest with their siblings that littered what had probably been grass. Most of the forest seemed to be dirt and pine needle tracks due to the heavy traffic that must have come in and out of this land.

Another light, cold breeze cut through the trees, dipping and floating around each object that came into its' way. The wind tussled his thin black forelock back, strings of hair wrapping around the base of each antler. Three square teeth, wound and tied into his two toned mane, clattered against each other. The molars of an old herd mate, a best friend, lined themselves in an uneven row down the middle of his mane. The male drew in a deep breath, the savory air sliding through his wind pipe and filling large lungs with clean air. Blue eyes closed momentarily, as if aroused by the crisp surroundings. Muscular legs brought the draft to a stop.

A few seconds of this natural welcoming party was enough for Atka to realize that this was where he would live out the rest of his life. The possibility of becoming something rather than a preaching moron was reaching a higher point than it had ever. As far as right now. This would be a new start. No one would know him. Though, there was nothing for the stallion to hide. He was happy, and with happiness came the care for others. Nature was their home, and it should be treated with the utmost respect.

With these thought slowly swirling through his clear head, Atka opened his shiny blue eyes back up to the world. He stood in silence, enjoying the very presence of the surrounding world. They'll find me strange.. he told himself, beginning to worry if he would fit in or not. They'll warm up to me, I am nice after all. the stallion finally relieved himself with the short pep talk, the small grin still plastered across his inviting face.

[Ooc: Even though this is tagged for the Foothills, he'd be more than happy to have other choices!]
"blah blah blah." think think think

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
It was as if the fae now officially resided in this forest. Day in and out, she scoured the place for potential acquaintances, friends and herd mates. Alders, and all trees alike were completely transformed with Orangemoon's touches, appearing like a golden and red array with their tri-colored leaves. Inhaling a deep breath of the cold, crispy air, the mare sighed with contentedness, and anticipation on who she would meet today. Oh the wonders of the world. Treading through leaves at her normally brisk pace, the fae decided it would be best to slow down and observe her surroundings for a few brief seconds. Besides the normal observations of the red, green, and golden array, she spotted birds chirping in their nests, even though Birdsong was long gone. Accalia almost missed the blazing heat of Tallsun, when the sun cuddled her with its strong warmth.

Suddenly, snapping out of her daze, she heard heavy footsteps, and trotted closer to where the noise was coming from. A giant brute stood before Accalia, walking at a laid back pace. For a girl, Accalia possessed quite a height, but this horse was a magnificent draft. Approaching closer to him, the girl plastered a smile upon her face, and tried to work her magic. The Assassins would be overjoyed to have this new, possibly strong addition to their growing band. Muscles lined his thick legs, his eyes seemed bright and intelligent, and upon his head were two caribou antlers.

Slightly intimidated by his height, Accalia still approached, with happiness shining in her eyes, and a kind smile. "Hello there Sir", she called out, watching the paint draft. "I am Accalia of the Assassins. Are you seeking a family and a home?" The girl questioned him, whipping her tail nervously.

*ugh. Out of muse. T.T*

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Through the shadows of the forest he crept, almost pretending to be the spy that he was not. Once, back when he had first stumbled upon these very forests and Phaedra had taken him in, he had been a spy, serving the Grey from the shadows... Now, however, Apollo found his current occupation much more satisfactory. As the Earth Medic of the Foothills, his job was to help those that couldn't help themselves. What could be more fulfilling then that?

Through the trees he wandered, head held high and soulful, honey-brown eyes lingering upon the colorful beauty of the changing leaves. It wasn't lost to the medic, oh no. Far from it, in fact. The trees, as the cool breeze danced through their branches, whispered words of adoration back towards the stallion. While he couldn't understand the trees as if they spoke words, he still understood their message. Nature, Apollo had realized months ago, was a beautiful thing and needed to be respected at all times. Here, in the Threshold, surrounded by the treeds that was so much like the Deep Forest, the black and white overo couldn't help but feel at home. The trees overhead were beautiful to be hold, and the slight breeze felt refreshing upon his ebony hide.

Dipping his head as he passed beneath a low-setting tree, Apollo took care not to rip any of the leaves or twigs from their home with his horn. The crystalline crown glistened as it cuaght a spare ray of sunlight, sending a cascading rainbow upon the earth's floor. In the next moment, however, it was gone. Dark hooves continued to carry the stallion forward, his steps high and light. The lingering melancholy that would follow Apollo around had vanished, as he no longer felt pained by his feelings towards a certain ranked member of the Grey... No, the unicorn had moved on.

Tail flicking left and right, ever mindful of his steps, Apollo drew to a stop as a new form of whispering danced upon the breeze. This wasn't from the trees, however, and the medic's ears snapped forward at the sound of voices lingering up ahead. Who could it be? Perhaps a weary traveller, searching for a home in Helovia? The thought made him smile. Maybe he could be of assistance today, after all. With one leg starting his journey, Apollo moved through the trees once more, keen ears listening for the sounds of whoever else occupied the trees.

Honey-brown eyes then spotted them, two creatures mingling in the trees. He examined the first, a large draft much taller than he himself, but there was something about him that drew Apollo in. This paint, a champagne and white, held and impressive set of antlers upon his brow. Muscles seemed to coil and bunch beneath the male's frame, but it wasn't this sense of raw power that drew Apollo in. No, no... It was the soft, almost caring look in his crisp, bright blue eyes that caused the Earth Medic to venture forward. Maybe this horned stallion could join the ranks of the Grey? While a life of an executioner might not suit him, Apollo would be glad to have another gentle soul to speak to. Nostrils flared in an attempt to place the allegiance of this painted stallion, but nothing familiar came to him. He did not smell of the damp but beautiful recesses of the Edge, nor the fiery winds that came from the Throat... And he was certainly not reeking of the frozen scent of the Basin, neither.

It was then, after deeming this sturdy stallion into being a newcomer to Helovia, did Apollo turn his attentions to the female, and just in time to catch her words. Immediately Apollo's ears flattened against his skull, teeth gritting as he listened to her speak. An Assassin, then? Interesting... The monochromatic stallion made a mental note to inform Ktulu or Ophelia of the Assassin's attempts to strengthen their members.

Deciding that he had enough of watching, Apollo's eyes danced in warm merriment as he stepped forward through the brush. He eyed Accalia with caution, but not because he feared her. No, Apollo felt no fear at the mare; he did not fear those who so boldy announced their secret society, and in the end, threaten the safety of their family. A true family member would never do that. Perhaps that was why the Assassin's were doomed to fail.

"Greetings, sir, ma'am," the Earth Medic called pleasantly, hoping to catch their attention, "Welcome to Helovia, stranger." His kind eyes rested only on the muscled stallion, and with a kind tip of his head, he continued. "My name is Apollo, Earth Medic of the Foothills." Here, he glanced to the mare, hoping she would understand. They had already imprisoned two Assassin members before; hopefully Accalia would take the hint and watch her tongue. Honeyed eyes turned back to the draft mix then, smiling. "If you're truly looking for a home, allow me to offer you my home, the Foothills. There is plenty to eat and drink; grass grows in abundance throughout the year, and if you don't mind me saying, the beauty of nature thrives there. Or, if you would like, I would be more than happy to point you in the direction of another herdland."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Unregistered

The lively air carried along with it the scents of hundreds, his creative imagination creating gorgeous creatures of all species finding their way through the plentiful forest. Eventually the passing wind died, struggling to carry two newer, stronger scents to the gentle beast. Large white and pink ridged nostrils flared, drawing in deep breaths that rolled from tightening lungs quickly. The air tasted wet with the oncoming season.

Bright eyes glanced around calmly, feeling no need to be worried or strained at all. A slender ivory mare emerged from behind a distant collage of ever greens. Her features clashed with each other, claiming the distinct calling of a definite mutt on her body. Soft down fur draped from her legs, brushing the dirt ground, while her face bent at the elegance of an Arabian. The rest of her body seemed to mimic the -what must have been- Arab side of her genetics. What a strange combination.

She approached slowly, cautiously in a way. This was a natural reaction that the massive male had grown used to, no longer letting it offend him. Truly if he had been a stranger and came across another standing at eighteen plus hands, he too would take caution. The soft grin spread into a smile toward the small mare. She moved closer, "Hello there, Sir." she called to the paint male. The space between the pair closed to a short gap, where the female continued, introducing herself. The Assassins? As much as his gentle nature rode over his brain, the name of her herd completely turned his stomach.

Imagining such a dainty female actually attempting to assassinate some one was revolting. Before Atka was even aware that there was another set of hooves coming toward them, he let his jaw drop slack slightly. "Hello, young lady." He dropped his head in a bowing matter, bright eyes spotting the movement beside him. His crowned skull lifted back high into the air, the smile that lightened his white maw traveled from Accalia to the contrasting male. He was built rather equally, his body matching the rest of his features. White splashes crawled up two of his legs, ending in patchy art work on his belly.

"Greetings, sir, ma'am." The black and white stallion grinned at the pair, though he did not seem very interested in the white mare next to him. Atka nodded at the rest of the Medic's introduction. "Hello, Apollo. I am Atka." The words, though deep and matching the largeness of his frame, were gentle and inviting. Earth Medic? Interesting, The male thought to himself, the bright smile fading back into its natural soft grin.

He listened to the duo in turns, the mare speaking before the stallion. Soft golden ears pressed forward, rotating casually to catch the nature surrounding them. "Yes, Accalia, I am in search of a home. He paused, drawing in an even breath to release with his next sentence. Apollo, your home sounds delightful." Intrigued eyes switched from each friendly character's face as he responded to each of their questions. "Apollo, if you don't mind.. what do you do as an Earth Medic, exactly?" His curiosity crawled through his mature brain, creating images of the bi-colored stallion mixing herbs and liquids in order to create a mint scented concoction.

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
"Hello kind Sir", the fae said to the looming stallion. "The group I am part of, the Assassins offers you a tight nit family. We do not have permanent herd lands, but we adventure the land far and wide", she said with a smile. Not long after her polite reply, another joined their presence. Looking at a paint horse, she curiously continued to stare, though it was considered rude. Placed upon his head was a vibrant blue horn, spiraled like the stereotypical beast, and his orbs were colored amber. "Apollo. A medic?" The girl questioned actually intrigued. Rumors have come around to her that fellow Assassins have been captured by the foothills. But it didn't change her emotions towards Apollo, the male that has walked into their meeting.

She didn't mind it though, for she had many more opportunities arising elsewhere. Though it wasn't too big of a loss for her, she still wanted the big draft to join their band. "The Assassins are just as capable as providing a home to him as the Foothills", the words were spoken from her dainty lips. But, even though the fae put it out for the both of them, it was pointed more towards Apollo, who mocked the group she belonged to. Even though she tried to put herself out there, she knew Atka was already leaning more towards the foothills. She sensed it deep within her that eventually he would leave to them, though she dared to not move a footstep. Remaining planted, she would watch their conversation unfurl in front of her until they addressed her.

Atka was the name of the kind-eyed stallion, and Apollo's gaze lingered on the jovial smile that rested upon his lips. He seemed like a nice enough fellow, this Atka... Perhaps he would be of a good use to the Grey. While the band of mercenaries oftentimes relied upon brute strength, and Apollo had fought for his family before, he no longer had the urge to resort to violence. That is why he had become a medic; to help those in need. Offering Atka a boyish grin in response, the Earth Medic shifted slightly, changing his stance to one of utmost relaxation.

Before he could answer Atka's inquiry, Apollo's ears turned at the sound of Accalia's voice. He did not miss the scathing tone to her words, nor the implications that they held. Instead of answering the would-be Assassin with a snippit of attitude, the overo merely smiled warmly. Kill them with kindness, as Andreas had always said.

"Yes, Accalia; as I stated, I am a medic. I do not enjoy causing pain or suffering on others, and that is why I live the life of a healer... And, your band of Assassins do not live in a stable enviornment. While, perhaps, they can offer Atka here a family, if you would call your group this, they lack the means to offer him a home." With that said, Apollo turned his head back to Atka, his dark lips twitching slightly as a warmer smile graced his features.

"My duty to the Foothills is to take care of those who simply cannot help themselves. Mare, stallion, or foal; I don't care. If one is injured, I do my best to help them... I'm not gifted in the art of mixing herbs as some doctors across Helovia might be, but I am gifted with magic from the God of the Earth himself. It is my duty to my home, my family, and my patron God." Here, he paused as if contemplating his words. While the monochromatic stallion didn't particularly care about Accalia's presence, he wouldn't disregard her entirely. After all, he had been raised better than that.

Still, when he continued, he smiled. "I serve the Foothills, yes, but we are so much more than just a herd. Those who reside in the borders of the Windtossed Foothills are members of a family known as the Grey." Apollo's voice, when mentioning his beloved family, swelled with pride. After all, why shouldn't he feel proud to be a part of such a magnificent family? "The Grey is a band of mercenaries, but don't be alarmed, Atka. Not everyone in the Grey lives the path of violence. I, for example, do not. Our family relies on one another, and the only thing we ask is that you remain loyal to our cause; to help those who cannot help themselves. Should you decide to join me in the Foothills, the Grey will have your back in everything you wish to accomplish."

Soft, honey-brown eyes watched both Atka and Accalia as he trailed off. Would this interest the heavily muscled stag? Or would he chose to join Accalia and their make-shift band of 'assassins'? Around him then, a breeze of cool air ruffled the black tresses of his mane, causing the three blue beads that were tied in the strands to clank against one another. The sound caused Apollo to chuckle.

"Winter is fast approaching, Atka, and life in the wilds can be dangerous. Even if you don't wish to join the Grey, I should hope that you do find somewhere to call home. It's a nice feeling."

Credits

Unregistered

The mare's tone was sweet, but soured with a bitter twist toward Apollo, though it was nearly unnoticeable. The massive stallion's champagne ears twisted back at her sentence, almost offending him in a way, even though the retort was not even directed to him. Perhaps it was the young mare's word choice that bothered him. The strangers took their turns in explaining their families, Apollo having much more information than the oddly pieced together female, Accalia.

Apollo spoke in turn, claiming that a home would be there in the Assassins, but not a stable herd land. Atka listened intently as the contrasting hued stallion spoke, keying into his brain that Apollo quickly turned the claimed "mercenaries" into a much softer sounding group than the word made it sound. His creative brain stirred; unicorns and pegasi alike, bunched onto their hind quarters, throwing sharp front hooves at each other like daggers. Apollo instantly continued his sentence, relieving Atka of the image that danced in his brain.

The stallion's mind wandered from the violent picture to a more subtle one, the same characters that had sprung into his imagination now grazing, nibbling on each other with friendly pointed ears. Had the herd consisted of all unicorns? Perhaps. Atka drew in a deep breath, taking in all of the information that the fellow male spilled toward him about his herd land. He was obviously proud, naming the herd "The Grey" numerous times. Puzzle pieces slipped together, clicking into place. "Has The Grey always resided in these Foothills?" Curiosity waved though his bright eyes.

Finally Apollo finished, hoping Atka the best of luck in a way. The large stallion nodded toward him in thanks, the molars woven into his black and tan mane ticking against each other with the cold breeze once again. "Accalia, Apollo" bright eyes shifted to each new acquaintance as their names were stated. "Thank you each for providing a possibility for me, I enjoy knowing that new comers are so easily welcomed into this new land. Accalia, I appreciate your hospitality, but I feel that I would fit in better along with a strong family like The Grey."

Each word was grateful and honest, the silly smile fading at the end of his sentence. The feeling that he had sent any offence to the female made him suck in a deep breath awkwardly. "My apologies, Accalia. I meant in no way that your family is not strong.. only a family stable in one area. Strong in leading, if you may."

Pride swelled within Apollo's ebonite chest when he heard the words from Atka, saying that the Grey would be best suited for him. The words made him smile. Indeed, the Grey was a strong family, close-knit and very reliable on their members. They fought and protected each other from harm each and every day, even if there was no violence about... It was a rather soothing thought, actually, knowing that you would always be protected and knowing the promise that your back would always be covered.

Head lowering slightly, ears flicking forward in earnest understanding, Apollo's smile softened and he shook his head. "No, good Atka, I'm afraid that the Grey hasn't always had the luxury to call the Foothills their home. We used to be an outcast band, thriving in the depths of the Deep Forest... But soon, our numbers grew so broad, that even the magnificence of the deep woods were unable to sustain us. In turn, we had to choose a new home, and that happened to be the Foothills. Obtaining our mountainous home, however... It is quite an unpleasant story." Apollo tilted his head, briefly motioning Atka closer to him. "If you should so like, I can tell you the tale on our journey back to the Foothills?"

Here, the Earth Medic swung his handsome head around to face Accalia and give her a respectful dip of his head. He didn't care for her, but if being a Medic taught him anything, it was simply that one should respect life. Even if he thought her occupation of 'assassin' was simply a knock-off from the ranks of the Grey. "Good day, miss Accalia. I hope your travel is swift and safe." Apollo resisted the urge to leave a scathing remark. No... There was no point in fueling an unecessary fire; the Assassins weren't, and never would be, a threat.

Giving Atka one more look and a reassuring smile, he beckoned for the great stag to follow with a quick sway of his muzzle. "Come along, Atka... Your new home awaits, and I am honored to be the one to show it to you." As he spoke, Apollo shifted and moved, turning to head back the way he had come. Luckily for them, the Foothills weren't terribly far.

[ooc: Skipping Accalia due to the 48 hours rule, as well as her being on 'Busy'. I'll request for Atka's rank to be changed to Foothills, as well as make a thread for him in the Foothills. :D]

Credits