Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

Stealing comes with practice
Lying comes with ease
But neither one is faster
Than falling to your knees

ali, open.
-----
A clatter of hooves sounded the departure of the Time Mender from the Aurora Basin, his day had been spent rather unproductively looking for more hazardous foliage that had alluded him from morning to evening. He had now given up his hunt and headed out onto the Steppe to gaze at the Northern Lights and give Aramis acres of space to dive through the snow. There was the odd growl and a flurry of paws as he bounced around, white flakes sticking to his jet baby fur. For a while d'Artagnan watched the pup absently flicking his tail, mind completely blank the Borealis danced off his coat. The night was a peaceful one with nothing but his breath on the air, Tallsun was here in Helovia but it was difficult to find much evidence of it this far North apart from maybe the short, hardy grasses around naked trees and the rocky shoreline. There was much about this landscape that d'Artagnan loved, he was almost sure that if he was a colt again he would find endless pleasure hiding amongst the snowy drifts.

Blood stained lids fell upon mismatched eyes and for a few moments the Nightshade shut out the world and considered recent events. Cascades of black mane fallen in odd clumps over his neck as he forelock played over one side of his face. A picture of serene calm that didn't really fit him but something he needed. Images. Faces. Enemies and friends. They all drifted into his mind, the paint whose child he had attacked. Mauja and his return, the scene of Kou and his children. The odd, obsidian stranger whom he'd also assaulted but for some reason, after delivering his first attack, the shade no longer felt inclined to attempt murder. Aramis, the cracked egg and a new friend. His life seemed to be full of ups and downs but time never stopped.

Eyes blinked open again and weathered face looked to the colourful night, one day he would have to give up all this he had earned. Become just a simple memory in the minds of others. Karma would catch him, he knew that... But not right now, his body still pumped too full of blood for him to be caught just yet. There were some things he needed to do before he could embark on that eternal slumber.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
 Kou</style>

When she had first moved into the northern region of Helovia with the rest of the ousted Edge herd, Kou had thought that she would grow weary of the constant cold and the endless snow, but she found that she liked it. The land was pristine and she found it refreshing. The cold gave her more than enough reason to sidle up close to her doctor under the pretense of keeping warm. At least that was the excuse when their children were hanging around them. Aviya and Nao were growing quickly and she knew that Aviya knew when she was flirting and being fresh with d'Artagnan. The pale mare smiled as she thought of the looks that her eldest child would give her at times. One day Aviya would find a stallion of her own that she could flirt with and understand just how good the feeling was, especially if she had a stallion that would stutter and fumble for words.

It was as if just thinking about her doctor brought him physically to her. His scent was one she could pick out with very little effort and, as always, it made her heart flutter and put butterflies in her stomach. Pale, cloven hooves crunched through the snow as she trotted in the direction the scent was coming from, her smile growing as the doctor soon came into sight. There was something else with him. From the way it bounded around she guessed that it was a pup. Had he found himself a companion?

Kou's ears tilted forward and she moved from a trot into a smooth canter that would help her reach her doctor faster. In true testament to her arabian lineage her neck arched and her tail raised, the pale and silver hairs streaming in the cold wind behind her. She truly was a sight to see, but unfortunately for those who might take a liking to the sight, she was taken. She slowed to a trot and then a walk, her muzzle brushing against his side before she finally came to a halt beside him. words "Hello, love." She greeted cheerfully. Were they actually alone without either of their children? When was the last time that had happened?

Image Credits

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Snö
and when you see me, you will freeze

Privately, Snö often thinks of Mauja and Psyche. Of how Psyche did little more than nurse her before leaving her; and how Mauja somehow attributed to Monster's death, to Thais' death. Of how Monster, who had been, maybe, little more than a simple beast in mind, but her closest, dearest friend, had turned into a dog. From enlightened unicorn to brutal beast. The mare, so often her words crass and uncaring, had, too, left the burden of society behind, allowing herself to romp and roam, although she did not romp, persay. Her tail flicked, a full creamy silver in color sweetly complimented by warm chestnut, as she moved carelessly across the undulating landscape of snow hardening to a rough crust as the coolness of night fell.

Beside her varnished chestnut form, the metal wolf clicked and whirred, moving seamlessly and smoothly, yet even less than Thais in mind. For a moment Snö contemplated it's rugged golden metal contours. What had she told the crafter Ulrik? Something about... oh yes. A wolf for the lady, he had said, or something much like it; so one day she could become the wolf.

A grim smile made its way across her delicately sculpted face, a face so beautifully made it was as if the ones who had given her form were afraid to do wrong, as if knowing her future persona and her erratic bouts of fathomless cruelty. It would've been quite the miracle, after all, if the fine lady named Snö was to turn out as a peace-keeper and hippie, a lover of trees and plants. With parents devoid of less than tolerance, more frequently than not, for equines without a sword upon their brows, it was of course that she would turn the same way.

"Tarak," Snö orders, voice still feminine and easy as ever, but with a commanding edge to it. Immediately the metal wolf that follows quickens to her forelegs, instead of staying near her hinds. For the gorgeous chestnut filly, of course, had seen someone, a red spot upon the black horizon, silhouetted by shifting, brilliant arrays of color, from easy sweet green to infusions of vivid red, to a shade of indigo that Snö quite enjoyed. Her hooves crunched over the snow, and her nares flared, scenting the air. With a tiny, tight sigh of disappointment, Snö picked up into a long-legged trot, the metal wolf gleaming under the starlight swiftening into a seamless lope beside her. Yes, despite being a machine Tarak was admirably well-made and smoothly co-ordinated.

Naturally, it had to be one of the Basin; time-mender, healer, and of the Plague as well. D'Artagnan. Unfortunately, of course, for Snö would've preferred a quick, bloody fight and swift kill, recalling the powerful sense of glory and love as she had thrust her horn through the breast of one who had so foolishly tried to 'woo'- rape- her younger, even more delicate form. Monster could not have stopped her then, although of course he didn't, instead supporting her. More memories about Thais, Snö realized, and she tossed her head a touch impatiently as she covered the ground towards the bloody form quickly taking on better shape.

Her heart sinks ever so slightly as she makes out a slender, feminine form beside him, and she slows to a walk. At this point, it would only make her look more the fool to turn, and yet she had more than a slight aversion to listening to crap about love. Kou and d'Artagnan, the perfect couple, Snö thought mutinously. Her mother, of course, had to be an abandoner of her. Father... was father. A bastard as well. Snö grumbled inwardly, recalling Tamlin the little ugly prince he had too clearly wanted to replace her with.

"d'Artagnan, Kou; out for a late night walk?" Snö asked, with a slightly imperious tone. Vain and condescending she often was, but she did feel a touch of respect, at the very least, for the couple. After all, surely Father and Mother would not have allowed them to become what they were if they were not more than able and loyal.

[This looks so ginormous o.o also, if you want I can remove Snö if you want to keep this private for d'Art and Kou!]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

The small fae stumbles along the frozen wasteland, her long and lanky legs still too big for her body despite her age. Gray cloven hooves strike the ground as she walks along, her regal head lifted high in the air. Dual colored eyes scan the area as she continues to walk.

Permafrost flies in clouds as the child begins to canter, her bay roan body a blur as she speeds along the landscape. Legs move swiftly as she travels over the snowy landscape, her short, black mane whipping in the wind. The little fae slows down, spotting more horses up ahead. At first, she's cautious, sticking her dark muzzle out before her bay body.

Once green eyes spot the horns coming from the horses' foreheads, she lifts her elegant head. There are two older horses, adults. A bay stallion with a hellhound at his side and a cremello mare beside him. A young filly was near them, her coat was white as snow itself. She appeared to be around the age of two or three. The little fae couldn't be too sure. The filly nods her small cranium in greeting, giving a simple,"hello." She raises her head and walks forward, placing herself closer to the little group of horned equines.

The fae had grown more and more racist over the many weeks. She had never really enjoyed the company of horn-less horses. She felt as though those with horns were inclined to have a higher ranking than those without. Why, well, why must she have a good reason to be racist? The filly shook her head slightly, her dark nostrils flaring. Everything is silent for a moment, and the filly takes the time to breath in the hold air. Letting it slide in through her nostrils, down her esophagus and into her lungs and back out again. The air she breathed out from her nose and maw came out in wisps of mist, slowly evaporating into the surrounding air. It was all so cold.

[[Just throwin' Frost in here if that's alright. I can delete this if you guys would like me to. c: ]]

Image credit: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/blue-sn...-271259410

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5

Lying comes with ease

d'Artagnan smiled at the familiar scent that always had his heart racing that little bit faster. The presence of his Nurse calmed his spirit and soothed away all the problems that plagued his mind, temporarily curing his insanity and turning him into a quite agreeable beast. That's if he wasn't stumbling over his words in attempt to voice his own feelings, often they were suppressed so much so that they seemed to just pour out of him whenever they spoke of their relationship. He continued looking out across the land as she cantered up to him, allowing his head to tilt when she halted by his side and unconsciously leaned towards her, enjoying the little mares presence beside him. "How fares my Nurse?" He said, gruff tones becoming as soft as he could manage. It seemed like she had been his Nurse since forever, his very first and only one. If d'Artagnan had the power, he would instate her to a rank higher than the one she had now, she more than deserved it for her never fading services. In the Nightshade's eyes she deserved to be ruler of her own land and quietly berated himself for being so weak and not of nobility, for Mesec, Aviya and Nao too.

A yap followed by snow scattering signalled the arrival of Aramis, who bounced on uncoordinated paws up to d'Artagnan's pale Queen. Arrow pointed tail swishing from side to side as he attempted to bound under the Nurse's belly and play with the strands of her tail. The shade sighed "Kou, Aramis. Aramis, Kou." He introduced before turning his dual coloured gaze back to his Nurse. "It's a long story involving a boggart, an egg and a pretty good fight which I won of course. Although I seem to have ended up with a friend for life in my quest for victory." He said. Smiling fondly at the pup who yipped in greeting.

Their small moment of peace was short lived as the children of the Basin came to join them, Snö the first. Daughter of the Frostheart. d'Artagnan never had much to do with the little runt and the metal toy beside her always reminded him of Ulrik. The Engineer that had a respectable personality and gift for engaging words. Her imperious question irritated the Nightshade who didn't like being looked down upon, especially by a child. Tail swished in annoyance and the look he gave Snö spoke volumes of disapproval. "Maybe. What are you doing out here so late at night, little Snö?" He asked. Voice deepening through his irritation. No matter how old and big she grew, d'Artagnan would always remember her as the adventurous filly.

Vexed eyes fell upon Frost Fyre then, quickly remembering that this was the daughter of his good friend Descaro. The bay colour reminding him of her father but the spots must be from the mothers side. He gave the fae a quick nod of his head, maintaining the frown upon his face as he wondered what she was doing out here too. "Frost Fyre. I see you're not too short on bravery but why are you out so late, filly?" It seemed the future of the Basin liked to go walk about, d'Artagnan couldn't really say he wouldn't be the same if he was that age again. His own father used to punish him for entering clan battles that had nothing to do with him, it would be fair to say as a colt he had a few head bashings. Maybe that was why he was like he was today.

[ooc; sorry for the delay D:]

filled with rage

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
 Kou</style>

Surprise was painted on the pale mare's face at the sight of the pup that bounded up to her in greeting. She laughed quietly and swished her silvery tail back and forth so Aramis would be thoroughly entertained. The surprise melted away and was replaced by a smile as d'Artagnan began to explain how he came to be in possession of such a creature. "As if there would be any doubt at your victory." She said as her gaze turned to her love. "Someone possessing such strength and prowess in battle could never lose." The nurse said, feeling pride that the doctor had won himself a worthy companion. "Perhaps I could reward you for your victory." She suggested with a wink, but the suggestive tone of her voice died away as they were approached by Snö.

Truth be told, the nurse had never been a fan of the Frostheart's first child. She had a disposition that was off putting and left her wanting nothing to do with her and wanting her children to be equally as put off by her. They way she spoke to her elders was always disrespectful, she found. The child could do with some discipline, but then again the child had practically raised herself with both of her parents being missing at different points in her childhood.

Still.

"We are." She said in response to Snö's question. "You see, we decided to go for a walk alone for a reason." She continued on. "It would be impolite to attempt conceiving another child in the middle of the herd." Kou then said rather pointedly, leaving no doubt that company wasn't being welcomed by her. It was rare that they had time alone without their children, she did not feel like babysitting anyone else's children. "Just as it is impolite to tag along unwanted." She threw in for good measure, though she kept the kind smile and relaxing tone of voice as she always did.

A soft sigh was given as another child approached them. It seemed now as if their evening had been thoroughly ruined. Maybe in another couple of months she would have some time alone with her doctor.

Image Credits

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Snö
and when you see me, you will freeze

The slightest of scowls crease her youthful face as yet another appears on the horizon, this one somehorse Snö has never met before. She was young, even younger than the pale ice princess, and hardly did Snö believe she had just been weaned off her mother's milk. Snö never had respect for foals- they were childish, ignorant, and too often thought they were the best, superior in knowledge to others older and more refined than them. Little did the frosty mare realize she herself held her fair share of these qualities.

Snö shook her head in quiet surprise at d'Artagnan's gruff, unwelcoming tones, feeling a sudden jolt somewhere about her midsection. It was rude, and ever more arrogant, for her to intrude on the unicorns' she respected; Kou and the mighty dark Nightshade, killer of many. She half-closed her crystal eyes, swishing her silken cream tail, yet hesitating to simply walk away. The little lines around her forehead deepened as Kou spoke, as gentle and kind as ever, but somehow clearly conveying that she saw no reason for Snö to be interrupting their being together.

In a greedy, selfish way Snö wanted to remain here, just to bother them more- why should they have a happy coupling when her parents had split before she was weaned, flying away? Her father had never come after her! But Snö couldn't quite bring herself to snap at Kou, or d'Artagnan, perhaps an unconscious reaction to the fact she was aware of their impatience.

"I'm sorry," Snö finally responds abruptly, feeling short on the words to convey her conflictions. "It was quite rude of me to interrupt," The only reason I'm doing this is I don't want to fight at this hour, "I simply found my feet wandering. I have been unable to sleep, thinking of all... the many things. Have a good night," And may you enjoy conceiving a child, Kou. Snö snorted inwardly, and without another word she turned and picked up a lazy trot, fading into the green skies and fields of creamy snow, brushing past the young filly without a thought.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

It's strange how adults behave towards one another.

The fae thought that these two grown horses before her were closer than she expected, and was surprised that the blood bay stallion knew her name. Pausing, the fae didn't have time to respond immediately for the white filly that was older than her spoke. Waiting until her last words slipped out the filly began to speak. "Restlessness does not only touch the older horses, sir." The fae comments, her dual colored eyes glancing at the metal dog and the white filly as they walked away.

Now this was awkward.

Silence shielded the filly from the others, and she admired the small pup that hung around the blood bay's legs. In the bay filly's eyes, a pup like that would be a lovely companion. Making a mental note, the filly decided she too wanted one of those animals. Then the mare spoke, her choice of words a little puzzling to the fae. "Conceiving..?" The fae was too young to understand things like that, but she still tried to figure out what that one word meant. To the filly, it sounded very much like hiding something, but as she placed the pieces together she realized what it may mean. Especially when it was used in that context. "Well, I'm sorry, ma'am." The word ma'am was a little harsher than the filly wished, but she continued. "I suppose there is no reason for me to be hanging around with you adults." Turning away, the filly begins to walk. She keeps up her pace for a few moments before beginning to gallop towards her home. The Basin. The place she had been born, and the place she would always live.

Of course, she still didn't really understand what 'conceiving' meant. The fae wrapped her mind around that one word, trying to figure out what it really meant. Although hiding was a good meaning, it didn't sound right. The way the cremello mare had used it. Conceiving a child. Creating a child? Becoming pregnant with a child? The thoughts whirled through the child's head before she pushed it away, deciding that one word did not matter. She headed for her home, leaving those adults to 'conceive' a child. Whatever that meant.

I suppose it didn't matter.

[[Frost exits. ;) ]]

Image credit: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/blue-sn...-271259410

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5

Lying comes with ease

The red marked pup yipped in glee as the tail he had been playfully batting began to swish, dark paws fumbled over each other as he desperately tried to grab a strand. Fall over in the snow at least a dozen times as he did, unaware of the meeting around him. The Nightshade felt his ego boost into the sky when Kou commented on his battle skill and he silently enjoyed the pride he felt at the trust his Nurse had in him. Her following remark had a rather different and intriguing effect on the crimson brute, her suggestion of a reward highly appealed to the shade though he could feel the embarrassment rising. Heat prickled at his skin and he looked rather awkwardly over at their two visitors. His gaze changed then upon his and Kou's little party of children who gathered around like they were some attraction at a carnival. Before he could find the words he needed his pale Queen had already beaten him to it.

d'Artagnan felt like he'd just taken a blow to the chest and smiled rather foolishly whilst ears twitched, giving away his nervous feels. He fought between immense pleasure and uncharacteristic shyness, instantly becoming aware of the youthful eyes upon him. As his gaze roved around to find a safe place to simply stare he caught the expression of his bonded and frowned, feeling the wave of amusement rolling off the pup. The youths spoke but the Nightshade didn't seem to hear them, too busy trying to find where he had left his dignity as a stud and was heartily glad when he heard there retreating footsteps.

Slowly, he looked up to gaze at Kou with a rather erratic expression, almost like he'd just seen a ghost. He managed a faint smile and a tilt of his head before a shaky laugh rumbled through his body. "Were you always so blunt?" He asked through a cracked gruff voice. Shyly touching her nose, feeling amusement take over now they were alone and the relief making him a little braver. d'Artagnan had to admit that rarely did he ever feel so alive unless he was killing someone or side by side with Kou. His Nurse would never be dull to be around, that was one thing for sure.

filled with rage