the Rift

( WHITE HOUSES )

Mikali Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
* COMPLETE; for irrydae + sinding

A living fire spreads across the distant mountains, hissing with a ferocity as the night envelops it, swallowing the dying embers with its insatiable hunger. It is beautiful, and it holds your attention, the flickering light reminiscent within your searching eyes. Even higher the moon already hangs, the pallid light nothing compared to the spectacle playing in front of you. Stars, too, begin peaking from their hidden places amongst the carnage, humming the familiar song of dusk. It is almost sad as the last of the sun disappears, almost painful to the eye to watch as it lets out its death rattle, succumbing to the sudden stillness, emptiness. You fall into it well, and all to easily, thin shoulders shifting beneath pale skin and a sigh falling between lined lips. You had had a plan, somewhere, before you saw and were taken with the immensity that spread itself before you now. You had had a plan, before you felt your confidence wane within the face of the unknown, felt the vulnerability of being utterly, and completely, lost. You had had a plan, some time, before everything fell beneath you, before you lost what was never yours to begin with, before you knew only of the demise that love brought with it; before you could truly see.

'And look where that's gotten you.'

You murmur, eyes rolling in their sockets in frustration, a backwards glance given in the thought of turning around. And it's almost tragic suddenly, the thought of having nothing to go back for, save for a man who left you and a boy ( who was supposed to love you, if only you could love him ) who wanted nothing to do with you anymore, and you didn't know why. It is crushing to remember, and your frail yet guarded heart almost bleeds for a moment, for the love that was lost.

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
Irrydae moves with a gracefulness that can't be described. A slender muscled body moves in alignment with the earth, tall pillars striking the ground in a fluid motion. Stars glittered on her coat, and from the tips of her wings, bright aurora borealis streamed freely, swirling slightly. They were not in any shape like she could mold them to be, but a more natural appearance. Tiny stars upon her body produced more, that sprinkled down with a tuft of wind. She had come across this magic only recently, and it was something she was fond of. The mare skids to a stop, piercing gold eyes widening as the realization hits her, the threshold. She had not been at Helovia long, and the memory of when she first stepped into this place. All the horses that greeted her, Evers, Insanity, Lynx, Leander. Distant horses now, their names meant nothing to her. Barely anything did anymore, she had no friends, no one to care for, or about. It's not that she didn't trust, but that she was not how she used to be. She didn't try to keep friends, or even make them. Her past still haunted her, but she was opening up. Trying to forget, she knew she had to.

Audits flicker in the small sounds of another. A mare. One of a light tan, dressed in inky black locks that cascaded down her petite body. I snort quietly, a bit jealous of this gorgeous figure. "Hello," she says, her voice firm but soft, startling eyes staring into the bicolored eyes of the new mare.

[ooc; sorry for the sucky posttt]
irrydae,
Credits

Unregistered
* COMPLETE; you're fine ♥

'Hello.' You watch, silent and still, as she encroaches like a weed, invasive and perverse and quicker than the night, your face betraying nothing of the thoughts that would have consumed you only moments ago; and the tiniest doubt shelters itself, confines itself, within the shadow of your heart. You watch her and the thin, beautiful lines of her face as they shift with every passing second, the stars and colors as they follow suit impassively. It feels like an eternity, but you finally find your courage, the confidence that had flickered and burnt out, and you raise your eyes to meet hers, which are focused solely on your own. Those stardust eyes, hiding depths to which you never thought, in your own selfish way, could ever belong to anyone else except for you. Eyelashes flutter, and a transient smile plays effortlessly on your lips, breathing a laugh that is nothing more than a quick exhale. It is in an instant that your signature smile turns sheepish, and if you could you would be blushing. 'I seem to be lost.'

Your eyes move elsewhere, to the towering trees and looming mountains in the shadow of the moon; to the expansive wilderness that had thrown you off track in the first place, and the path that the stardust girl had taken to find you. 'I've never seen anything like this.' And it's only half true that you hadn't; you recall the gentle, wind-swept hills that smelled sweet in the summer, the air tinged with the ocean-tides that were ever present. You remember the water and the sand, the limestone caverns carved from waves that you were always so fond of. 'What is this place? I can't seem to remember how I got here.' Wistfully you look to her again, midnight locks cascading down around your face. 'And, fox ... who are you?'

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

For once, life was looking up.

Once an outsider amongst unicorns, he was now free to do as he pleased. While thoughts of the Plague still haunted him, wondering if they would ever set out and try to take him down, he knew that he was safe in the confines of the Edge. No longer did he have to worry for Romani's safety, either, for the most joyful of things had happened recently; she'd come to reside in the World's Edge with him, and although it was under bitter circumstances, Xanthos couldn't help but feel a little selfish of his happiness.

Not only were they finally together, but they'd become parents to the most beautiful filly. She was a rich golden color, so similar to her mother's, and even bore the colors of Romani's mane and tail in her own. Her eyes were similar to his mate's, as well, with reminiscent flecks of gold, but Jasiri's primitive markings were all from him. She was a perfect mix of the Haflinger and the grullo.

As hard as it was to pull himself away from the Edge and all its excitement, Xanthos still had a duty to uphold within the Edge, and it had been far too long since his last trip to the Threshold. The trips were hardly ever exciting, but at least he'd always come home with a new member to serve the herd.

Treading carefully through the mass of trees, the grullo flared his nostrils to pick out any fresh scents. There were tons, making it difficult to pick out who had already come and gone, and who was still left. It was hard to see through the dark of the night, and for a moment, Xanthos couldn't help but wonder; why had he decided to come here at such an odd hour, anyway? But with a soft huff, he pressed on, determined that he would not come home empty handed. However, and luckily enough for him, the murmuring of voices caressed his dark ears within minutes and directed him towards the speaking pair.

A Pegasus, her body holding an eerie resemblance to a midnight spectacle and eyes resembling his own, as well as an equine mare. Her coloring was like his, yet lighter, and her mane and tail both seemed to go on and on forever, unending. Deep down, a part of him was simply happy to have not stumbled across a racist unicorn. That would be his luck.

"Good evening," he spoke up as he approached, slowing his steps so that he didn't take a chance of intimidating the pair, "My name is Xanthos; what brings you two to the Threshold at such an odd hour?" Of course, Xanthos knew not that the Pegasus was no stranger to Helovia, so directed the question at her as well. "If it is refuge you seek, I offer it to you in the World's Edge."

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
'I seem to be lost.' The words float to her, and her gold eyes turn to the yin-yang mare. I had been lost once. But, I still am. Fragile dark lashes arch over starling alert eyes that watch the beautiful mare, more envy filling me. "I think we all were lost as we stepped into this place," I say wisely, remembering how I had flinched away myself, I had denied the opportunity to join a herd. My mistake. 'I've never seen anything like this. What is this place? I can't seem to remember how I got here.' A smile flutters over my face, "Helovia, this place is called Helovia- I have come to learn." I push my wings out and let them brush the ground, star dust sprinkling along the ground. I sigh quietly, the beautiful glittering dust reflecting back into my eyes. I not know why I had returned here, especially at a hour of night, but here I am. Swiveling my head up, I see the real twinkling stars that provide my light in the darkness. Irrydae, my little star daughter. They are what your own coat resembles. When there are stars in the sky, all is safe, they will provide you light in your darkness. That memory so clear, she was a foal, she had been asking what the dots in the sky were. Stars. She was mesmerized by the millions and billions of stars, but her thoughts were broken up by the soft voice of the mare. 'And, fox ... who are you?' I turn my head to her once more. "Irrydae." I say simply, offering a smile. "And, you?"

The sound of another approaches and Irry turns to look at the grullo unicorn that had just appeared. 'Good evening. My name is Xanthos; what brings you two to the Threshold at such an odd hour?' I nod to him, giving him a smile. "Nice to meet you, I'm Irrydae," 'If it is refuge you seek, I offer it to you in the World's Edge.' This seemed directed also at her this time, and she turned to look at him. She was being given another chance to live with a herd. This one, different then the other two she had been offered. Truthfully, she didn't know what to do, life as an outcast was not too bad. But, how would it be to live in a herd again? She pulls in her wings, orbs glancing between the two unicorns, feeling reclusive again.

She was no good making friends.
[ooc; herp derp]
irrydae,
Credits

Unregistered
* COMPLETE; ewewew. this should be the end of the thread. if confusing: she basically saw an old acquaintance and booked it, choosing to leave with xanthos to the edge. ( translations: kući, moj dom: home, my home; utočište: refuge, sanctuary )

'I think we all were lost as we stepped into this place.' You click your tongue, skepticism clouding your mind almost before she is even finished with the sentence. You could scold her, point out the ignorance in her false wisdom, but you hold your tongue, a coolness creeping into the depths of your eyes. As she unfolds her wings you nearly flinch, watching passively as the dust spreads across the dark ground with a guarded enthusiasm, ears swiveling as she speaks her name, only to be interrupted by a man, clothed in silk and satin. You simply watch, as you had when she came to you, offering nothing but the acknowledgement of his presence, though you shake your head as he speaks. Why come? You do not wish for them to know of the things that you wander from, and so you murmur, to yourself more than anyone: 'Kući, moj dom; everything and nothing.' Of the way you love(d) him, so much so that you did not wish to ever see his face again, hear his name, feel his touch, the burning. Turning again to the girl as she repeats a name, you examine the sudden shift of wings as he claims refuge, utočište, causing an ill feeling to again churn in your belly. It is merely a shadow at first, a stray gust of wind that catches you off-guard, snaps your attention away from the pair. It is simply a silhouette, and you inhale sharply as you feel your heart plummet within your chest, a strangling pressure arising as you forget to breathe. Panic-stricken, you lunge away, swiveling on avian-boned legs which move swiftly beneath you without question. 'Xanthos, show me.' You do not wait for an answer, nor does your retreat slow.