the Rift

Winter Witch [Mesec, open]

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
image by jouste @ flickr.com</style>

Bruised and sore, neck scraped and aching with a steady, hot, throb, Snö made her way back from the Basin, Tarak clicking along beside her, not feeling defeated nor victorious, happy or sad. He was simply a machine, a primitive minded beast created to follow her whims and obey her orders, to defend her; and symbolize her wolf-like nature. The little ice princess shook her head firmly, putting away the thoughts, and moved on, back to her fluidity and graceful beauty, her eloquence and grace. She was sculpted and honed from the purest snow and dashed with cinnamon, and wore her colors regally like the king in his red cloak with a fur mantle.

The pale, bluebell sky was quickly melting to a sweet orange and light, rosy pink, shimmering with soft, formless clouds reflecting the light- nearly as pretty as Snö herself, the mare so arrogantly thought, with a little smirk on her creamy lips. Click-click-whir, went the bronzed wolf moving beside her. Speaking of which, sometime soon she should venture to the Veins of the Gods- it would be intriguing to see what the rumors said, of the gods abandoning the mortals to their fates. Perhaps she could allure one of them out, or Tarak at the very least. Maybe Tarak could tear apart their shrines, in order to get the attention... but no. Snö wasn't an idiot. She would not do such a thing to surely anger the immortals above.

Snö snorted, breaking into a trot, already idly forming thoughts inside her head. Always had she wanted the ability to form weapons out of ice, preferably of something always in vicinity. Air, perhaps? She would say soil, but then during winter... Yes, air would be excellent.

"Talk."

[soooo short- sorry dear]

snö.   </style>
& when she whispers, your blood shall run cold.</style>

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

Mesec was a mess as of late. It was not because of the usual boredom that often plagued him; it was far from it. Since his encounter with the Empress of the Basin along with a few other mares, the colt's mind had been busy processing so much. The way that Psyche had looked upon him, as well as the antlered mare, had inspired an epiphany of sorts.

The young colt knew well that he was different than the rest, and that not everybody in the Basin considered their species superior above the rest. Some could care less, like Clover, whom had looked somewhat excited at his approach before they had been interuppted by the rest. But the majority of unicorns looked upon him with indifference, some more harsh in their glares than others. Even his own family looked on with disgust at his feathered appendages, yet somehow, they were able to look past them and accept him for what he was. A son, a brother, a colt who had never asked for this.

While the rest still bothered him, he cared not for their opinions, and did his best to ignore their snide remarks. Did his family truly love him, though, truly appreciate him? If his father was so quick to judge others against their species, why had he courted mother in the first place? Of course, he knew not the reasonings behind his conception, and he would not ask of them. He'd had enough nightmares as of late.

As he cut through the Basin, weaving through the mighty pines that were strewn about, Mesec gave an affronted look to the sky as the sun chased the night away, although Mesec knew that it wouldn't last. The night would be back with vengeance, ready to overthrow the sun from his throne once more. The thought caused a chuckle to escape the colt's throat, but before he could think anymore on it, the sight of another stole his attention away.

Although he'd been scouring for a meal, the mundane task of eating became obsolete when his eyes found the young mare and her interesting... thing. It resembled that of a wolf, but it was not of flesh and blood. The whirring noise that emitted from it caused his ears to perk in curiosity, and unable to stop himself, he found himself moving into a trot after the pale girl, intent on learning just what was following at her heels.

"Excuse me," came his voice from behind her, his hooves crunching the snow as he followed along, "But... Who is your friend? He is most intriguing." The question was innocent, and although a part of him felt rude for asking so blatantly, he was unaware how else to gain the knowledge.

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

ali

"What thing sired you?"

The mare, so delicate and wonderfully refined, closed her snow-white, long lashes, sniffing slightly, tilting her head away. She had seen the little shadow appear from afar, and felt she was still entitled her act as a filly. At least she was not filth; far from it, she was a princess, and a stunning one at that. Much more beautiful that one with wings so choppily and clumsily stitched onto the back. She was all pearl, finely stitched silk, creamy, crisp sheets of snow; the chestnut was her undergarment, delicately spun and bleeding out over her coat in just the perfect way; her horn was pale, frosted blue like her large, crystal eyes.

Had the ice princess heard of Mesec, the Moon Halfling? Yes. Of course she knew the gods had run about siring foals- but she had not a clue that the ugly bastard was the offspring of d'Artagnan and the Queen of Night. She simply thought he was some sort of slave, but he also talked to her as an equal. The idea was simply bizarre. Her tail flicked over her battered flanks, her lip curled ever so slightly, simply implying he was not worthy of her attention. No matter the lineage, any unicorn who had mated with a pegasus was most clearly not worthy of unicorn blood.

"Tarak." Snö replied coldly, after seriously considering if he deserved to be talked to by one whose blood ran so purely. But she decided if he smelt of Basin, he couldn't be here simply because he wanted to. There must be a reason. "And before my manners escape, I am Snö, daughter of Psyche the Dark Empress and Mauja the FrostHeart. But if you know anything, colt, you should know that I should be considered the individual. Don't think you can impress me if you know my parents and they like- things- like you." Snö snorted. Normally she saw little use for titles and the like- but she thought a little bit of intimidation would not harm.

snö.   </style>

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Felling any foe with my gaze
And just in time
In the right place
Steadily emerging with grace
A V I Y A

"His parents are d'Artagnan the Nightshade and the Goddess of the Moon. Now, princess if you don't mind your tongue, I will rip it out of your skull--you got that?" Aviya approached from behind the varnish bitch, her head held high and her horn tilted downwards towards Sno dangerously. No one on the face of this planet was allowed to talk to her brother in that manner. No one except Aviya was allowed to pick on him. Great, this female may have been sired of two important people, but she was shit beneath Mesec and Aviya's hooves--she was nothing compared to them.

Rounding Sno's left side, fog started to form at the dark daughter's cloven hooves, wrapping up her ankles. It would be so easy for her to trap Sno and move her body. Maybe she would make the arrogant snow-bitch throw herself off a cliff. Oh, how delightful that would be. Aviya could imagine the blood spilling from her mouth, a broken horn laying near her twisted body. Aviya's pale face twisted in a dark grin, her ears flattening to paint her distaste. Her blue eyes did not waver to look at Mesec, but her body moved to stand protectively between her half-brother and Snow.

Aviya noticed the iron mutt at Sno's side, and wondered what kind of fucked up thing she had to do to gain it. However, Aviya knew that whatever creature made her the metallic mongrel must have some pretty substantial powers. Hrmm, maybe Aviya would need to meet this metal-weilder that gifted the varnish, fallen princess so. "Tell me, where is your creature from?" Aviya asked, voice dripping with venom.

breathless-dk | diesel-stock | imi art

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

The fae was often wandering the Basin, finding some other horses to speak with. So far, she was alone. No one to speak with, no one to socialize with. But the fae was in luck, for the group of older foals was crowding around. Interested in what they were discussing the filly walked up, her long legs moving swiftly. All she heard was something about d'Artagnan and the Moon goddess. And him. Mesec was there, his coal black coat gleaming.

The filly made her way towards him, smiling. Until she heard the threat that slipped off of Aviya's tongue. The filly looked a little surprised to hear her, and she flicked her ears back. Moody, are we? She wanted to say aloud, but all she did was bite her tongue. She felt the fear grip her heart, but she kept herself from speaking. Instead she shied away, slipping towards Mesec. The fae felt comforted once at the side of the coal black colt.

The fae felt fear grip her stomach, or was it that strange feeling she always got when she was near Mesec? She couldn't tell. Slowly, the filly formed the words, her lips moving slowly. "Having some troubles?" The filly paused, looking at the black and white filly and then at the white fill with the metal dog. She had seen her before, hadn't she? She had been with d'Artagnan and Kou in the Steppe. The filly continued her words. "Maybe I could help you, as I need to help a few horses for my quest." It was kind of a stupid move, especially since the horses before her were older than her. But the fae would do anything to complete her quest.

Even if it cost her a few drops of blood, or maybe even a limb.

[[Frost is going to follow Mesec around and be the odd one. xP]]

Image credit: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/blue-sn...-271259410

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

The almost hopeful expression that had etched itself onto Mesec's face was quick to fade at the young mare's words. In his eyes, he'd merely asked a question, one that implied nothing more than what it was. Had he sounded rude in his question? Been too nosy? Still, it was no reason for the pale mare to asked such a retorting question.

But before the moon colt could open his mouth to call her out on it, another voice rang out, sharp and leaving no room for argument. Instantly Mesec recognized it as Aviya's, his eldest sister, and he watched in dismay as a her dark body moved between the unknown mare and himself. Already, fog was forming at his sister's feet, undoubtedly some sort of magic, yet he was not aware of the power it held. "Aviya, please," he spoke up, but his words were simply lost as Aviya spoke up once more, questioning the other as to how she had acquired the strange wolf... thing. Sno, as he now knew her, had called it Tarak, before going on and on about her own lineage.

Slowly, Mesec's dark ears tipped back until they threatened to press into his neck. Although he wished it any other way, he was far from surprised by the turn of events. What had been a simple question had turned into something much different, eventually shifting to the subject of how he wasn't like everyone else. It had been these claims that he was nothing, a failure, a freak, that had plagued him for the past several weeks. The colt was growing tired of it, and honestly, there had been times he thought he'd just take off over the mountain pass and never come back again.

"I have wings," he spat, his words alone showing clear annoyance at Sno, "So what? What gives you the right to think you're better?" After all, Mesec was borne of a God; yet he would not flaunt it in the way that Sno did with her own. Although they were clearly not accepting of the feathering appendages sewn to his sides, his family still loved him as far as he could tell, and that was all that the young colt truly cared about, even if it did bother him endlessly.

Another voice sounded then, from his left side, and he gave a jolt of surprise, having been so focused on his sister and Sno. Turning his head, his silver eyes found the smaller form of Frost Fyre, whom he gave the most quizzical of looks to for a moment. Of course he was having some troubles; could she not see the squabble that was happening right in front of him, and the words of venom spoken between the group? Mesec couldn't help but wonder, though, why the spotted filly seemed to turn up nearly everwhere he wandered. Was she like a shadow, following his every step, even when his feet carried him out of the Basin?

"Yes," he answered plainly before shifting his gaze back upon Sno, "But... There is no way you can help. It's beyound all of you."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

ali

Snö jerks her head up at the sight of Aviya approaching, words dripping off her tongue meancingly. Unfortunately for Aviya, intimidation doesn't work on the ice princess of the North. Perhaps the son of the goddess works better. Snö pivots on her hindquarters, she too dropping her head to face the dark mare contemptuously; no matter what they said, Mesec was still ugly, despite being the offspring of the night. Why didn't d'Artagnan plead for a unicorn child? Or simply chop off the wings? She could understand how difficult and stupid it would be to not allow a god to mount you... but would't d'Artagnan being going on... no, she really didn't need images of that skanky old stallion...

Snö snorted as Aviya asked her of the golden wolf waiting patiently at her side, ears pinning to silver skull. "Ulrik, old crafter of the Edge. I suppose you're just too young to remember," Snö shrugged carelessly, returning her face to its cold facade. Inside, she was a touch smug of herself. Mostly she wanted to put this pretty mare in her place. As for Mesec's sharp little tongue... Snö turned, grinning wickedly inwardly, but keeping her face completely straight.

"Wings are removable, Mesec. That will solve the problem if you were allow me, or you could even get Aviya here to do it, I'm sure. It would hurt, but then you would be proper. Very attractive at that." And yet another filly appeared! They kept flooding in! At least this one was a unicorn. "Get out, girl. This is between me, Aviya, and Mesec. Don't go meddling." The varnish snapped, feeling in little mood to deal with such a young girl.

snö.   </style>