the Rift

reliving old and forgotten memories[Open]

Azúcar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was wonderful, dreams. No, nightmares. I always had nightmares. They no longer scared me, for my life was a nightmare. I had gotten used to it long ago. Tonight was just like any other night, me having a nightmare as usual, but for some reason this nightmare seemed different from all the rest.

I'm in a dark forest, everything around me seems to be a few shades darker than normal. I'm running, and I can hear howling coming from behind me. I dare to glance back, my eyes widening as I see over-sized wolves chasing after me. Their eyes glinting and their teeth covered in blood. I trip, the wolves upon me. I can feel tears well up in my eyes as I wait for the wolf to bite into my skull. But as the tears fall onto my legs, I'm not crying crystalline tears, I'm crying blood. Then, I'm in a meadow.

A mare, almost as young as I is there, bending over two gray lumps. I step forward, a dark stallion beside the mare. Her coat is a glimmering gray, her eyes a deep blue. The mare nudges the two lumps, and instantly two little heads pull themselves up. I gasp. It... it was me. But... it... I shake my head. The other form, it... it was my sister. I hadn't really thought of her all that much. Ever since she vanished, I just pushed her to the back of my mind.

I watch as the dark stallion smiles at my sister before rearing, bringing his hooves down. He was trying to kill me. I watch as the mare leaps in his way, his dark hooves driving down into her flesh. It was then, when her blood sprayed across my small body. That was when I went insane. Seeing my mother being destroyed, it forced me to become what I am now.

The world around me spun, and in an instant I'm in a dark cave. Me and my father facing one another, snarling. I was very young, only a few months. I watch as my father attacks me, my horn piercing his stomach as I slip underneath him. He gasps, flopping to the side. It was then I learned how fun murder was. I watched as I slammed my hooves into his skull, screaming how much I hated him. I watch as I tear his face apart, my hooves driving deeper into his skull. I wince, watching as I give the final blow. Then, it was all over. With blood on my body, I walk away, letting his body rot.

In an instant I jolt up, my stomach pressed against the cold floor of a cave. I slowly stand up, my legs wobbly. I sigh, pushing my dream to the back of my mind. The dream reaches for the forefront of my mind, wishing to gain the spotlight. But I force it back, walking along the edge of a cliff. If I slip, I would tumble down a snowy stone slope and die instantly. I watched where my hooves fell, making sure I didn't slip. It was a quiet night, cold as usual. The Basin was never touched by warmth. It was always cold, but I didn't mind. My heart was cold, and so was I.

My mane and tail whips in the wind, the lavender locks falling against my shoulder and hocks. It's a silent night, the moon high above the sky. How I loved the silence. But the silence was shattered as a wolf's howl rang out. I freeze, glancing around. Fear gripped my heart, but I pry it off and walk on. I exhale, the air coming from my nostrils appears as a little cloud before vanishing into the air. It was a lovely night, I must admit. But... I hated lovely things.

For, who doesn't?

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"

d'Artagnan seemed to be making a habit of wandering around during the night, it was the coldest time and he liked the chill it sent through his body. Instead he spent the mornings asleep before waking up in the afternoon, this pattern had recently become a habit and he increasingly felt nocturnal. The moon bounced off his red fur in it's eerie glow, lighting up his tattoo now and then to a vibrant silver. Adorned in wild looking mane and two amulets that clattered against each other to make him jingle as he walked. Both blue in colour, just like the land he lived in. He listened to the wolf howl at the moon and idly wondered if it was Lupus, a lively fellow who gave him a very educational spar. After that fight the Nightshade was no longer afraid of the moon howling animal, his hooves now trained to dance with paws.

Speaking of the latter, something scurried around in the darkness, claws scratching against the ground that became louder until an ebony pup bounded along by his side. Aramis. Who had grown a little in height but still resembled the build of a puppy who carried something dead in his mouth, stopping now then to eat chunks of it before running to catch up with his bonded. The walk was pleasurable, peaceful even until a warning growl ripped out of the maw of Aramis, whose heckles stood on end and face was turned upwards to a cliff.

d'Artagnan stopped and looked up with a frown, noting the pale form of a yearling making her careful way into the Basin. A horn adorned her head in purple hues. "Don't fall. I won't catch you." He said. Darkly chuckling as he watched each awkward step of the filly and wondering where she had come from, her scent told him she was apart of the Basin. Yet he had never seen her before.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered
My night alone was shattered, and I look down. The figure of a stallion was there, accompanied by a small form. A pup? I couldn't tell, it was too dark. I could only make out a few basic shapes, but the moon peeked from behind a few gray clouds, the light beaming down upon the earth. It was then I see that the stallion is adorned with a reddish coat and black points. A blood bay, I smile, laughing silently. Funny, did he have a love for blood or was he just a peaceful old man? The stallion had two glass horns on his head that the moonlight seemed to pass through. Although one of them was shattered in half, leaving jagged edges that would make a nice cut into flesh.

Slowly, I grin. "Me, falling. You must be joking." I step forward, watching my step still. I made a few more awkward steps before walking down hill, my rump stuck out and my back angled. How awkward. I snort, turning to face the stallion. Now that I was closer, I could get a better look at him.

He was a blood bay with eyes of blue hues. His mane and tail were full and dark, his mane falling over his red shoulders neatly. His hooves are cloven and colored in a solid gray. A small pup hung around near him, seeming not to trust me. An interesting little creature with a little tail that lashed about. I give a little smile at the pup. "What kind of creature is this?" I bend down, looking at the little pup. I kept my muscles tensed in case the pup tried to take a chunk of me.

I was intrigued, suddenly realizing how lonely I truly was. Even though I had those few voices within my head, they weren't much company. They only came when they wished, usually when I was angry or attacking someone. I keep my lavender eyes on the stallion, my ears flicked forward. "Your name?" I speak with a slightly respectful tone. If this stallion was murderous just as I, I would give him my full respect. For now though, he only received half of my respect. I only now saw the two amulets that hung around his neck, gleaming in the light of the moon. How had I not seen this stallion before?

He watched the filly critically, eyes glowering under thick black lashes, ears flickering forwards as his lips curled into a half smile. Slowly, he laughed at the filly's returning remark, it rumbled out deep from his chest in an almost feral way before he stopped laughing abruptly. "I'm not joking." He said. Not a note of the previous humour visible on his face as he raised a brow to the filly's awkward steps. Clearly her feet disagreed with her jesting words. "Watching you fall would be far more entertaining than watching you stumble around like a newborn babe. Besides, you'd get to the bottom quicker" he rather casually pointed out as she came closer to him. It seemed all he wanted to do right at that moment was stand in the moon's rays and forget about the world for a few moments, the night was always so peaceful. Or at least, it ought to be. The shade wasn't really in the mood for baby sitting and it showed in his tone.

However, she seemed captivated for a moment by the pup that wagged his tail happily by his side. Her question mirrored her face and d'Artagnan spared a glance down to his bonded, who returned his look with a questionable expression before looking back to the filly with the strange face. It seemed he was trying to figure out whether the femme before them was friend or foe, a little confused by his bonded's irked mood. "He's a Hellhound." The shade informed as Aramis attempted to bat the nose of the filly in a show of playfulness. d'Artagnan's voice had turned rather quiet now, as if wondering off into a daydream or a lost memory. The radiant moon making his silver tattoo shine all the brighter as two blue amulets clattered together in a faint breeze.

Ears twitch to her voice once more and his gaze returns to the present as she asks him his name, albeit in a respectful voice, yet the shade didn't quite want to play ball. "Tell me your's first" he said. His voice empty, he showed her neither kindness nor arrogance, he simply enquired after hers first. Waiting to see if she had a strange name to match her strange appearance. Noticing she was holding something back, like she was waiting to judge him and d'Artagnan wasn't quite decided upon what impression he wanted to give this child. Which persona was most adequate for the situation. It seemed that these days the Basin was becoming full of strange characters and it grew so big everyday that the shade had given up trying to keep tabs on all the new recruits. Though he hardly showed it, he was interested to know more about the filly in front of him.

filled with rage

Unregistered
So, a joker was he? Flicking my grey ears back, I narrow my eyes and snort. "If I was to survive my fall, I wouldn't hesitate to attack you." A loud grumble comes from deep in my throat, similar to that of a dog. Cutting the growl abruptly, I bow my head. "Sorry. Controlling my emotions isn't exactly easy." These words come out a bit quieter than I had intended. Shaking my head, I glance at my gray hooves.

How rude this stallion was. I mean, it didn't exactly sound like he was joking, or was he? As silence slid over me like a curtain I begin to hear a loud ringing within my head. "Now now... threatening the others isn't nice." A voice chimes in. The voice is sarcastic and deep. Father... go away. I don't need any advice from you. I try to ignore the hysterical laughing going on inside my head, but it's kind of hard. Especially when the laughing gradually gets louder. Shaking my mane out, I narrow my eyes and try to concentrate on the blood bay.

Blood.

How I wanted it so badly. Beginning to think of horrific images within my mind, I can hear a loud snort. "Violent much?" The deep voice pops back into my head. Grunting, I focus my magenta orbs onto the black and red pup. "He's a Hellhound." The stallion replies to my question. The voice seems a bit quieter, but it's still there. "How cute. One of those would be great to have. Why don't you get one?" I grin, staring at the pup. That's the first good idea I've heard from you. Laughing rings throughout my head, and I can hear it fade off as though my father was walking away from me. Until, it stops completely. As I'm staring at the pup, it begins to bat at my nose in a playful manner. Smiling slightly, I stare at the pup for a little longer before raising my head. The stallion is gazing off, as if lost in his own thoughts. A breeze brushes through the night, and I can hear the two amulets around the stallions' neck clatter together. The marking on his hip almost appears to glow against the moonlight. Blinking a few times, I myself become lost in a sea of thoughts. Plans, and even images of my past flicker by in a blur of color.

"You tell me yours first."

The words draw me back into the moment, and I stare at the stallion, eyes narrowed. "I did ask you first. But, just so this won't go on and on, my name is Azucar." With ears flicked back I gaze at the moon light as it shines down upon the ground.

When the awkward silence begins, I can't stand it. What should I say? Start up a conversation? I hear a small snap, and I snap my head towards the sound. Moving swiftly, I bring my hooves down upon a white shape. I feel a small spine snap under my hooves, and instantly withdraw my gray dagger-like hooves and stare at what I had killed. A rabbit... well... a snow-hare. Kicking the carcass a little, I bite down into it and bring it back so that I stood before the stallion. The hare was surprisingly big, considering how cold it was around here. Stooping down, I sink my small, sharpened teeth into the fur and flesh. Blood begins to pool around my lips, and I shut my jaws, tearing flesh. Chewing, I enjoy the warmth of the blood as it coats my tongue. Smiling, I glance down at it. "Want some?" I push the hare's white carcass towards the stallion and his bonded. It was probably the nicest thing I had done. (Or, tried to do at least.)

Ever.

d'Artagnan allowed his gaze to linger on her before his facade finally gave in and he burst into ripples of dark laughter. Attack him? What an odd girl she was. The Nightshade didn't berate her for the words, instead he chuckled on in his mirth. At least she had some fire that would no doubt get her into further trouble sometime later in life. Aramis, on the other hand, had taken up the challenge of trying to reach the head of the filly, clawed feet springing off the ground and launching his little body into the air. His baby face set in determination. The pup's bonded had shook his head at him and rolled his eyes, impatient for the day when he would be taller and stronger. With eyes like venom and claws like daggers. Maybe then they could go hunting together and bathe in the blood of their fallen enemies. A day to look forward to.

The Time Mender returned to the present to regard the child, his tail flicked in annoyance at her words, but he acknowledged her name with a simple nod. Azucar. A strange name for a strange girl. It sounded too much like his old nemesis Azzuen for his liking, but he knew there could be no connection. Just an unfortunate coincidence that immediately put d'Artagnan on the fence about her. He grunted and moved over to a small patch of grass, taking a crop and chewing it thoughtfully. "My name is d'Artagnan... The Nightshade. The pup is Aramis." He nodded to his bounding bonded who stopped briefly to yap a few times when introduced.

He chewed again for sometime until he saw the flicker of movement from the girl and his head turned curiously to watch. Ears flickered as he witnessed Azucar kill the hare with a look unfathomable, she continued to split it open and then offered it to him. d'Artagnan frowned. Is she trying to impress me or something? He blinked as Aramis came forward and ravaged the carcass with his growing teeth, coating his jet black fur in crimson blood. The Nightshade simply shook his head. "Drinking blood is too cliché for me, but thanks for the offer" he said simply with a humorous dark smile. The girl was okay he supposed, a little strange about the head, but he couldn't really say anything.

Instead he paused to consider her, what did he really want to know? There were many questions to choose from, but he went for the one that might prove to be an interesting conversation, if there were such a thing. "Tell me... Do you enjoy death?" He asked simply, nodding to the carcass strewn across the floor.

filled with rage