the Rift

I may be a beast but I have a heart [Mares]

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

Life seemed perfect for only a moment. But, nothing can be truly perfect. Especially not for me. I had felt miserable these days. I was alone, and I didn't like the overly hot Throat. A tiger, even a half tiger, isn't really supposed to live in the desert.

But tigers were always alone, weren't they?

Not always, but most of the time. And I was alone. So alone. My heart longed for someone, someone to speak with. A mare, a mate. It was a simple want for the average horse. But I wasn't average. I was unique, a little too unique. My orange coat was adorned with black stripes and a pale stomach. My eyes were a leafy green and I had a tiger tail that lashed at my hocks.

Normal is a word that does not describe me.

I feel the cold touch of loneliness as I cut through the Heavenly Fields, my green orbs focusing on the ground before me. The grass and flowers tickled my limbs as I stride through the sunny field. I missed my mother. I hadn't known her for too long, but what I did know was that she cared for me.

And my father.

I hadn't really known him. He was usually off with a few of his other tiger comrades. The only way I'm able to see him is when I close my eyes, when sleep embraces me with loving arms. That is the only time I'm able to see him. I'm constantly dreaming of my past. Constantly seeing blood and claws, teeth and fur. I shiver, closing my eyes for a brief moment.

I knew that inside I was changing. Small stubs had begun to grow behind my ears, and now, I was growing horns. I do remember my mother having a horn, but her horn had been straight and spiraled. I suppose unicorn horns aren't always inherited from their parents or ancestors. Sighing, I stride forward and mutter a few words under my breath. The words spoken are from my native language. My words are spoken from an old saying, something that came from my father's land.

"True desires are fought for, but once gained, do you truly still want it, or have you learned to live without?"

It was a long saying, but it was spoken wisely. I rolled the words around on my tongue for a moment, thinking about them. I cut my line of thought before taking in the scenery. A golden sun high above my head, and a lovely breeze that encased me in warmth. The green grass blew with the breeze, reaching for my hocks. The sky was a clear blue, no clouds anywhere. Sighing, I close my eyes and breath in, taking int he lovely scent.

[[Just so Tingal can socialize with the ladies. ;D And regain a life... .__. ]]

"Talk"
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

Aelerin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

AELERIN

A loud sigh escaped the petite mare’s hollows as she made her way into the Heavenly Fields. Her amber eyes took in all her surroundings, a sense of wonderment still visible there if anyone were to look. She hadn’t been able to rid herself of it since she first crossed the Threshold. The stallion the she had met there had been kind and patient, but she wasn’t naïve enough to think that every creature she crossed paths with here would treat her as Baldur had. She knew of the fighting that was taking place in the Foothills, and she knew that it was possible to come across an unfriendly sort of equine at any moment.

Like right now, for example.

She smelled him before she actually saw him, when the wind changed direction suddenly and brought his scent to her across the vast expanse of prairie grasses. Eyes widening in surprise of detecting a stranger so abruptly, she turned sharply, hooves planted in the rich soil, craning her neck to locate the source of the odor that was only partially recognizable as equine. He wasn’t hard to spot, though, once she was looking for him – his orange pelt stood out in stark contrast with the pale yellows and greens of the open field – and it was then that she understood why his scent was so extremely foreign.

He wasn’t totally equine.

It was obvious just by looking at him – his form was mostly that of a horse, yes, but everything else about him was distinctly feline. Still, she only let her gaze linger for a few moments before pulling herself together; it was impolite to stare, after all. So instead, she forced her hooves to carry her closer to the other creature – a stallion, from his scent and build. Her rational side was screaming at her to run even as the distance between them waned, but she kept on until there could be no mistaking that she meant to address him.

As she drew to a halt a few lengths away from him, though, she couldn’t quite put together what to say. “Hi, I see you’re a strange chap,” was the only thing she could think of, and she knew that wasn’t right at all. So instead she kept her warm honey eyes focused on his intense green ones for a moment before simply saying, ”Hello.” Her voice was steady and even, as if she were meant to meet him here, as if this get-together had been premeditated. There was something about him, an air that told her that he was seeking company, and she couldn’t deny that her fleeting experience with Baldur left her wanting for more social encounters. But she left it at that, a simple greeting, although she sensed that he must know there was so much more left unsaid.

words: - 473
OOC: – blah, sorry it got rambly there toward the end. Hope its okay that I bring Aelerin in here x)

Actions
"Speech"
Thoughts