the Rift

dark boy, come and play[Mesec]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

The young fae had returned to her rightful home, the Basin. It's cold climate welcomed her with open arms, and she was instantly at ease. Traveling from the Basin to the Veins and back to the Basin was not an easy trip, especially for such a young child.

Small cloven hooves step along the hard stone of the Basin's floor, making a slight click noise as they hit the cold surface. Now to find three horses that need help... Thoughts rolled through the filly's mind as she walks along the edge of her home. Inhaling the filly pauses, her legs straight. Slowly exhaling, the filly closes her eyes. She tries to imagine what she would feel once she gained her magic.

Pain.

Pain was the only thing she could think of. Hearing the 'inner' emotions of those around her, a powerful magic for a child like her. But, she was ambitious and strong. Maybe she could handle this magic? It might take a bit, but she would try.

Speaking of emotions... the filly's thoughts roll to Mesec, the older brute she had met long ago. Her stomach had felt strange when she had seen and spoken to him. Why was this? The little fae ponders for a moment, her eyes still shut tight. Finally she pushes the question to the back of her mind, deciding it was unimportant.

Opening her eyes, the bay roan filly scans the area with her emerald orbs, wondering if Mesec is around. The moon was high in the sky, it's round shame glowing. Glancing up, the filly lets the moonlight flood over her body, letting it wrap itself around her. Sighing, the filly steps forward only one step before stopping. Where was she going?

To Mesec? No, she didn't even know where he was.

Probably avoiding her.

Image credit: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/blue-sn...-271259410

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

Mesec was a mess as of late. It was not because of the usual boredom that often plagued him; it was far from it. Since his encounter with the Empress of the Basin along with a few other mares, the colt's mind had been busy processing so much. The way that Psyche had looked upon him, as well as the antlered mare, had inspired an epiphany of sorts.

The young colt knew well that he was different than the rest, and that not everybody in the Basin considered their species superior above the rest. Some could care less, like Clover, whom had looked somewhat excited at his approach before they had been interrupted by the rest. But the majority of unicorns looked upon him with indifference, some more harsh in their glares than others. Even his own family looked on with disgust at his feathered appendages, yet somehow, they were able to look past them and accept him for what he was. A son, a brother, a colt who had never asked for this.

While the rest still bothered him, he cared not for their opinions, and did his best to ignore their snide remarks. Did his family truly love him, though, truly appreciate him? If his father was so quick to judge others against their species, why had he courted mother in the first place? Of course, he knew not the reasoning behind his conception, and he would not ask of them. He'd had enough nightmares as of late.

Walking along the inside borders of his home, Mesec heaved a sigh, his breath visible in wisps against the cool air of the Auroran midnight. Above him, the moon sat upon her throne, cold fingers of light reaching the land upon which he walked. His sides were particularly luminescent against the shine, a gift that had surely been given to him by his mother. The thought of the violet mare was enough to etch a small smile onto his face, and idly he wondered if she was aware of his pain and sorrow. He quickly shook the thought away, however; there was a slim chance that the Goddess would descend from her midnight throne to inquire about his petty feelings.

Up ahead, the colt's eyes spotted the familiar form of a young filly, her coat adorned with spots. He remembered her as Frost Fyre, or as she had preferred, Frost. For a moment, he debated turning and leaving her be, worried that he'd be nothing more than a grump. However, sucking in a deep breath and slowly releasing it, Mesec pressed on, and closed the gap between them.

"Frost," he spoke up when he deemed himself near enough, slowing to a stop once he was within a comfortable distance. It had been some time since their first meeting, and since then, she had grown. She was nowhere near as leggy as he was, but the difference was clear. "What are you doing up so late? Won't your mother be worried?"

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

In only a few moments the small, lone fae was no longer alone. A dark brute wandered close to her, and instantly ears twitch, flicking towards the black figure. Head slowly turns, and emerald eyes soften. "Mesec?" Gentle words slide from small, dark lips. What was he doing wandering the Basin this late at night? Why was the young fae worrying about the older brute?

He was older than her.

Slowly, the silver marked brute makes his way closer to the filly. He's still not very close, but he probably didn't want the young fae to feel uncomfortable. But she wasn't.

Sort of.

Inside, the bay fae's stomach was churning. Why did this feeling always come when she was around the dark brute? Slowly turning her head, the filly faces the colt. He's older, larger than the last time she had seen him. Her emerald orbs met his silvery ones, and in an instant the filly's knees began to wobble. "M-My mother? She doesn't care about me. And I don't care about her." Slowly turning away from Mesec, the filly looks at her cloven hooves, her ears flicked back.

Sighing, the filly glances up at Mesec. Lips quivering, the filly slowly speaks. "M-Mesec, do you know what's wrong with me? My stomach... it feels weird every time I come near you. Is there something wrong with me?" Slowly the filly speaks, tripping over a few of her words. Would Mesec react weirdly now that she told them what was happening to her?

Would he think she was a freak and run away from her?

Hopefully not. Slowly inhaling, the filly faced Mesec, her body encased in a ray of moonlight. Her rump seemed brightest on her body, for the light illuminated the white splotches. With caution the filly stepped closer to the black brute, admiring the wings that were sprouting from his withers. The filly herself longed to fly. To soar above the clouds. Maybe with Mesec.

But could it ever be?

Would Mesec push her away?

All these questions bounced about her small skull, and she pushed them away, trying to keep them from jumping around anymore. Focusing on Mesec, the small fae stares at him, her eyes studying each little detail of his body. She traced over his figure with her emerald orbs, and she inspected each feather that came from his large, feathery appendages. Exhaling, the filly turned away and watched her breath roll away in a smoky little cloud.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

When the spotted filly spoke his name, as if uncertain it was truly him or not, Mesec flashed her a quick smile once his feet ceased movement. The two had met once or twice before, and Mesec had seen Frost several times in passing within the Basin. Their talks were never long or in depth, but what were a couple of youngsters like themselves supposed to talk about? With Aviya, the colt never found a problem speaking with her, at least for the most part, but with Frost... He was lost.

Just as he opened his mouth to speak, his dark lips pursed, taking note of the appaloosa's trembling legs. Certainly it wasn't from the cold, for it was a normal night in the Basin, with a lack of frigid wind for once. Was she sick? Suddenly stricken with fear? Considering her reaction to his approach, he doubted the latter. But before he could ask, the filly was answering his question, to which he gave the slightest tilt of his head. Mesec's mother was someone he held very dearly, even if they didn't have the best relationship; he knew that she had greater things to do than ask how his day was going.

"You shouldn't say that," he dared to say, his voice softening considerably, "That is a relationship you should cherish, Frost; if she did not love you, would you have lived through your first days?" Perhaps his words were a little too bold, but the colt simply could not help himself. The last thing he wanted was to come off sounding rude, shoving his nose where it didn't belong, but if he could, he wanted to help the filly's ill feelings towards her mother. Her posture certainly proved that she wasn't faking them.

Frost spoke again, but this time, it was not of her mother, but of... What was that? Flickering one ear forward and the other to the side, the colt shifted his wings firmly to his sides, unsure how to comprehend what he'd just been told. Previous words aside, love was something that he did not fully understand, especially when it was directed at him, from someone whom he did not share blood with. After all, and for all he knew, Frost could simply have an upset stomach. "I... I don't know," he admitted at last, a part of him ashamed to not have a better answer, "Maybe you should see my father. He is the Time Mender."

If horses were able to blush, then Mesec's cheeks would have been a bright red by now. The colt felt incredibly out of place, and he knew not how to deal with the strange symptoms Frost had just explained to him. Now, the filly was looking over him, focusing more so on his wings than anything else. Ever so slowly, he relieved the pressure of his wings at his sides, pulling them just inches away from his barrel; perhaps she would want to inspect them more closely? Unlike the rest, she didn't seem to want to rip the appendages off on sight. In his eyes, she was simply curious, and he would be happy to allow her to view his rarely displayed wings.

But just as the action had begun, it stopped, when Frost turned away. For a moment, Mesec stood still and quiet, debating on whether he should remain silent or try speaking up. In the end, he stepped forward and to the appaloosa's side, outstretching a velveteen muzzle towards her own. "Hey..." He spoke up, his soft tone returning once more, "What's the matter? I didn't mean to make you mad."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

As the dark boy comes closer to the bay fae, he gives her a quick smile. Smiling back, the filly could feel her heart fluttering swiftly, almost flying up into her throat. Delicate features soften and a smile is placed upon charcoal lips. A knot winds up in the fae's stomach, and the queasiness washes over the young fae. Why did she always get this weird feeling when she was around Mesec? Even though she had only seen him a few times, she always felt this way. Even when thinking about him she felt queasy.

Upon hearing her answer to his question, Mesec's words spill out of his lips harshly at first, but he softens them quickly. "You shouldn't say that, that is a relationship you should cherish, Frost; if she did not love you, would you have lived through your first days?" Flicking her ears back, the fae could feel guilt washing over her like violent waves. Staring at her hooves and feeling guilty, the fae's black lips quivered. "I'm... I'm sorry. I should've loved my mother but instead I pushed her away from me. I... I feel horrible now." Words come out wobbly, and the fae feels tears begin to well up within her eyes. Blinking them back, delicate features soften. "Thank you."

The fae did not understand love. She only thought she may be sick, but had yet to learn it was love. Staring at Mesec, the fae was desperate for an answer. As the brute's coal lips begin to form words brown ears flick forward in a flash. Time mender? Flicking her ears back, the fae feared that she may be sick. Was she? Pushing the thought away, emerald gaze flickers to the black colt. Wings lift from dark barrel, and the fae stares at the feathers before tearing her gaze from the dark colt.

The next thing was unexpected.

The fae looked at the ground, feeling ashamed for staring. Air blows from dark nostrils, and a little surprised, the fae felt a velvet muzzle brush against her own. Looking at the dark brute who had stepped up to her, the fae smiled, embracing his warm touch. "Mad? Of course not. I-I just think it's a bit impolite to stare for so long. That's all. I could never be mad at you." Smiling slightly, the fae tilts her head towards Mesec, keeping her dark muzzle pressed against his. This is a moment the fae would always keep in her mind.

Her heart pounded swiftly, almost jumping out of the fae's chest. Trying to calm herself, the fae inhales and exhales, as if breathing out her troubles. The filly ignored her feelings for a moment, and took in every second she spent with Mesec.