the Rift

forbidden grounds [Delinne/Open]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

I didn't know why.

All my mind was focused on was how much my right wing hurt. I had seared the wound shut earlier, which hurt. Now there as the smell of burned flesh following me. Why did I even dare to go near the Basin again? I knew where I was from the climate, it's chilling air seemed to push me away, knowing I was trespassing.

But no one would notice me, maybe. I mean, a unicorn would need wings in order to see me in the thick clouds that clouded the sky above the Basin. Strange how it was cold here, even in Tallsun. Maybe it was because so many of the horses here are cold hearted?

It's possible.

I angle my wings, daring to go closer to the ground. I soar downwards, my right wing sending jolts of pain up my right shoulder and to my spine and my head. I wince, trying to push the pain away. I feel the air whistle in my ears as I rocket towards the ground, slowly spanning my wings out so I begin to slow down.

I land gracefully, my hind legs landing on the ground after my forelegs. I sigh, glancing around. Maybe I should be quieter?

No.

It's dark, the moon high in the sky. No one would be awake this late at night. I slowly begin to walk along, whispering quietly. I was whispering her name. Delinne's name slid out of my lips quickly, and I repeated it many times before stopping. Maybe I should just turn around and leave? No, I wanted to see Delinne again, even if she hated me.

I would still love her.

Forever and always.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Could people wait until Delinne posts before anyone else start posting, please? ;3

word count: 283

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
I was home. I was finally home after all these months that had passed.
The fresh air of the Basin was something I still had to get used to, since it was nothing like the Edge's. It was cold too, but I would get used to it too.
A sigh left my black lips and I slowly walked forward. I didn't know where I was going, though. My daughter followed me with quiet steps, holding my black tail in her mouth to make sure that she didn't lose me.
She was the only reason I could live right now, the only reason for me to stay alive. My little starshine.
I stopped to turn around and face her, and she released my tail from her mouth. The tips of black and white hair were wet because of the filly's saliva, but I didn't care.

"My beautiful daughter... Destry, I love you." I whispered to her, looking into her red-blue eyes. They sparkled in the bright moonlight, almost making my heart burst of love.
"I love you too, Mommy." The filly kissed me on my muzzle and I nudged her back to return the kiss. My beautiful little unipeg...

I had my worries about how she would survive in the herd of racist unicorns, but I would certainly make sure that no one hurt her.
No one.

A scent caught my attention and I turned my head, widening my nostrils to catch more of the scent. I recognized that one. I knew who it was and his name, I knew what he looked like and behaved.
At least I thought I did.
I glanced at Destry and then turned around, she took my tail in her mouth again and followed me as I started to walk toward the scent. My name was suddenly heard and I froze, quietly trying to approach without making a sound.
Azzaron?
What the fuck did he do here? He would get killed!
"What are you doing here?" My voice was quiet and worried, even though I was still both angry and sad for what he had done.

I felt Destry drop my tail and come up next to me on my right side, touching my scar with her dark head.
"Daddy? Mommy, is that Daddy?" Destry looked at me and I looked at both her and the palomino. I sighed and nodded slightly, raising my head to observe the pegasus infront of me. The filly flexed her wings and could barely stand still next to me, but when she tried to go any further I stopped her with a slight touch on her forehead.

I knew that I should let my daughter step forward and say hello to her winged father, but I just couldn't let her.
Who knew if she remembered exactly what had happened at her birthday?
Had she heard the words that Mauja and Psyche - which I found out her name was - had said that day? Destry was about a week old now, maybe even more. I wasn't sure of how many days had passed, or even weeks.
My heart was too broken to let me concentrate on anything else.

I took a step closer to the stallion, standing about four neck-lengths from him. Why was he here?
"Azzaron, you know that you shouldn't be here. You can get hurt," I said, speaking as low as I could without whispering.
He could get serious injuries if he didn't fly away now.

"Blah blah blah."
"Destry talking."

ooc: I'm playing Destry until Paddeh comes around and decides to play her x)
word count: 580

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Powerplaying Descaro a little with Imi's consent. Oh, and, lol! Dramatic 400th. :P

For once, he had actually been asleep at night, dozing out in the open with his pale head lowered and one hind hoof resting on its tip. Irma, however, was not asleep; she glided among the curtains of cloud restlessly, sometimes slipping out of their cover to scan the ground for prey, but finding nothing of interest. Beating her large wings she banked to the right, swept in a 180 degree turn, and continued back, intending to give up for tonight and perch on her bonded.

But, in an instant, she was fully alert, her icy gaze piercing the cover.

A shape, too large to be a bird, was moving down through the clouds, and knowing that his kind shouldn't be in the Basin, Irma locked her wings in a glide and angled down, emerging like a stray spot of moonshine under the gray cover. He was tall and gangly, some pale color, with even paler primaries and secondaries, and covers of a deeper, dark color. Without seeing the flame marks on his haunch, Irma knew immediately who it was: Azzaron. She also happened to know that Mauja both loathed the stallion, and was wary of him. Normally, she'd leave the business of her bonded to him, but a twinge of guilt interrupted her cold heart. They were, after all, bound together, and though she'd much rather have him to herself, she had a duty to him, and without needing to ask, she knew that he would do anything for her.

Back on the ground, Mauja jerked awake, flinging his head up and staring wildly, wondering why a dream of Azzaron (for the image of him descending through the air was printed upon his mind) had the power to wake him, as if it was a nightmare. A second later the view tilted down, and thanks to the start Irma had given him, he knew at once what was up: the ground he was heading to was the Basin, and the snowy owl had her predator's gaze set on him.

There was no time to lose. He hadn't broken him and Delinne apart just to lose her again, and least of all so soon. Drawing in a lungful of cold night air, he let out a mighty bellow. "TRESPASSER!" he roared, his voice echoing along the mountain walls and surely jerking at least half the herd awake. Normally he didn't create such a racket when something unwanted flitted in, but this was a different situation — one of their herd mates, recently reclaimed, was at stake (and not to mention his and Psyche's, err, credence, if they'd even had any to begin with). "INTRUDER!" rolled a second roar, more vocal than verbal yet carrying the meaning clearly as the newly woken monarch gave his head a shake, before flying off in a canter.

In the meantime, Irma saw Delinne approach, and pulled her wings in to her sides, divebombing towards Azzaron's head; she snapped her wings out in the last moment, careening just an inch over his head and dipped one foot of long, sharp talons down, trying to grasp one of his ears, maybe even take a chunk of it, before gliding away on her momentum, angling into the sky.

From somewhere, Descaro materialized, and by the lack of grogginess in his eyes, Mauja assumed he'd been on guard duty; without slowing, the Ice King just motioned, mid-stride, for him to follow, and heard the clatter of his hooves as they both charged towards the pair, which he now could see with his own eyes. Pale Azzaron with his vile wings, and Delinne, along with small Destry. Pity she might have to see blood shed at such a young age, but there wasn't much he could do as he skidded to a halt between them, casting the lightning mare on his left a worried glance, as if to ask if she was alright. Barely a second he looked at her, before snapping his head the other way, narrowing his frigid eyes at Azzaron.

"Get out," he ordered him in a cold, curt voice, the kind which brooked no argument — but Mauja expected him to argue, all the same.

Alesana - Hymn for the Shameless
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

Night. The cool, clean air settled across the Basin and played with thin, black strands belonging to a thicker clump of mane that grew from the neck of a soldier on duty. Always on duty it seemed. Descaro hadn't quite managed to find another hobby other than disturbing the lives of mares with his charming words and endless compliments. During the day he often took visits out into the Steppe or maybe further to the Threshold, doing that odd guard duty here and there. When the darkness came to claim the sun he would shift out of his doze and go on overnight duty, for Descaro always surmised that the best things would most likely happen at night. He walked at along the Basin border and past the mountain pass, nosing in some caves before turning to walk further into their herd land. It was peaceful bar a few animal noises, dark bay coat shimmering with condition.

He continued this circuit a few times over until deep hazel eyes caught the flash of something pale against the black backdrop. In truth, Descaro may have missed the arrival of the feathered brute if it wasn't for the bellowing voice of Mauja the Frostheart, who shattered the Basin with his rumbling announcement. Surely more would come now. Soon the white spotted form of Mauja came within his gaze, the Frostheart motioning for him to follow before charging off.

Muscles tensed and he swiftly picked up his gait into a gallop behind his former King, acting almost like a body guard as he always remained a few hoof beats behind the pale stud. Watching carefully for each move or a command, although Descaro wasn't quite sure what rank Mauja really held, the Soldier would obey him without question. As they neared the pair he noted the way Mauja's feet dug into the surface and so he followed suit, coming to a halt beside his hulking form. First he gazed at Delinne, the lightening patterned mare he only vaguely remembered from old Edge meetings and the invasion, after that he had scarcely seen her at all. By her side was a rather leggy looking foal who bared both a horn and wings, like the Mender's son Mesec. The soldier shook his head in disapproval but attention quickly turned to the pale vermin who had dared enter a forbidden place for his kind. A dark smile played around his lips as he heard Delinne rather scold the stud in warning that he was in danger.

Danger indeed.

Descaro nodded firmly to Mauja's simple dismissal of him and added his own words to the command. "Or be killed for your ignorance." No longer the light hearted voice that captured the hearts of mares all round, the tone had turned to harsh ice with a sneer that almost dared the pegasus to try anything. By law of Psyche no vermin like him was allowed on Basin territory; ever.

Curiously, he looked at the child before Delinne's feet with a thoughtful gaze but said nothing. Pitying the child who had to bare such horrific appendages.

You won't get much closer
Until you sacrifice it all
You won't get to taste it
With your face against the wall

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
for the pain and the sorrow caused by my mistakes
won't repent to a mortal whom is all to blame

The night had been a quiet one, save for the gentle rustling of wind audible from within the small caves of the Basin, and it came as no surprise when the silent night was so rudely interuptted.

Crowley snapped to wakefulness at the reverberating call of another, proclaiming that there was an intruder within the Basin. Despite his somnolent state, the brindle was able to comprehend the level of urgency this required and pushed away his lethargy. Sending a look down to Talbot, who had jolted awake at the voice and looked quite terrified, he assured that his voice was firm and left no room for argument as he spoke. "Stay here, Talbot. I mean it." With that, the stallion set off, exiting the mouth of the cave he had claimed long ago.

The chill of midnight aided in warding off his languor, but nothing fueled him like the burning hate of this simple fact; there was somebody in his home, somebody who was not welcome, and Crowley was ready to beat them down in the same manner than he had done to Lana. There was no fight in the decrepit Pegasus, and while it was a blessing on one hand, he hoped it wouldn't be the same with whoever found themselves beneath the aurora borealis tonight.

Illuminated by the Goddess herself, the group was not difficult for him to find, and the stallion made haste to close the distance that was between. Soon, he was slowing to a stop, ears cast back and pressed harshly against his skull. For Crowley, it was not a usual sight, for he was often able to ward off such quick feelings of annoyance and animosity, but on this night, it was different. His eyes were glued upon the creamy coat of the intruder, marked as such simply because he had wings at his side.

He had not been the first to arrive to the scene this time, and for but a moment, he took note of who else was present. There was a mare with strange white markings, representing lightning, and at her side was one of the most hideous things ever spawned. The young filly had a horn upon her head, yes, but she also had wings melded into her withers. Crowley's mouth twisted into a scowl; was she the offspring of one of their own members and this intruding skyrat? In his eyes, they all needed to be killed. He cared not how young the foal was.

Another glance was spared to his comrades, the spotted stallion whom he recalled seeing quite often within the Basin as of late. He did not know his name, but everyone seemed to regard him with respect, so he would do the same until given a reason not to. A bay was standing with him as well, his words as cold as the ground they walked upon. Another familiar face, but again, he could not place a name with the face.

Already the magic within him was churning, ready to set itself upon the winged vermin should he stick his nose up in ignorance to their warning. "You would be wise to listen," he chimed in, his voice harsh and unforgiving, "You wouldn't want the child to find out that wings are detachable."

Deceased
Dark

It was only a few moments before Delinne comes, her face showing how puzzled she was. I stare at her, and the see little Destry tagging behind her, chewing on her mother's white and black tail. I smile at the adorable scene before replacing the expression with a more serious one. "I don't care if you still hate me, I love you. And I'll never stop. I'm sorry about what happened... I was mad because Mauja and that other mare had interrupted the happiest moment of my entire life. They had torn it apart." I stare into Delinne's eyes, her blue eyes seemed to wrap me up, and I'm standing there, frozen. I shake my head, expanding my wing so my wound is visible. "I ran into your father..." I sigh, shaking my head. It hadn't gone so well. I wince as I fold my right wing back to my pale side. I smile as Destry moves to her mother's side.

"I am your daddy, little Destry. You've grown since I last saw you." I smile, overwhelmed with adorableness. Sadly though, this moment does not last. That stupid 'king' seems to just keep coming to ruin our family moments. Him and another stallion appear, and the white speckled bastard is screaming 'INTRUDER'. I shake my head. Was he purposefully doing this?

I snort, flicking my ears back. I have only moment to glance up and see a white feathery thing diving towards me. I jerk my head, but a talon lodges itself within my ear. I yank my head downwards, letting the talon tear a chunk of flesh from my ear. "Sure, let my child witness my murder! Let her become insane and murderous! I don't care!" I scream sarcastically at Mauja, my fiery orbs focused on him. "You seem to always interrupt my family moments, I'm pretty sure no one's threatened to kill you for trying to see your mate and your child." I snort, flicking my ears back and keeping them stuck to my skull

Did these bastards know what it was like to be torn away from their child? Did they? No, they probably didn't. Why must they treat me like this? "I'm not arrogant, I'm trying to see my family you bastards." Rage and fury feed my inner fire, forcing it to grow. I try to keep my temper under control, but it won't last. Anymore stupid comments and I'd lose control.

Another horse comes, he's black, his form barely visible in the dark of night. The only way to see him is by the white brindle markings running all over his body. But even then he seems invisible. I grumble, angered that more of these bastards wanted to come and destroy my moment. The words that were said by this stallion enraged me. I glance at Delinne, shocked. "You're going to let him do that?! You're going to stand there and let him dear our daughter apart?!" I seem pleading, and I glance at the freaky horned-stallion. "Don't even think about touching my daughter." I flare my nostrils, watching the stallions. I glance back at Delinne, her dark form there along with Destry's smaller form. I sigh, turning back. I wanted these bastards to just leave me alone. I step towards Delinne's right side, making sure I didn't get too close.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: ---

word count: 556

When your crowns break."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
"I don't care if you still hate me, I love you. And I'll never stop. I'm sorry about what happened... I was mad because Mauja and that other mare had interrupted the happiest moment of my entire life. They had torn it apart."
Please... No. Don't. I kept thinking that he shouldn't be here, he had to leave, and the words he spoke just hurt my broken heart even more. He looked so sad, a mirror of what I felt on the inside. But he had betrayed me. He had played with me, just like the other stallions had.
He had given me Destry and it all had been a game.
Azzaron flexed his one wing, and I saw a big black scar on it. My father? Was he around? Where? When? He would come and get me. And he would hurt Destry, that I was sure of.

Fuck.

I flicked back my ears and look down, refusing to look into his eyes. This was too hard for me. I could handle strong emotions normally, but not like this. I could not heal my heart from the ache, nor my brain who held the memory of Mauja speaking those final words.
The words that had made me take the final decision.
A voice broke the silence between us and I looked up, my eyes and nostrils wide-open. Mauja?
He was coming here?
I turned my gaze quickly to Azzaron, but I couldn't say anything quick enough before Mauja was there by my side.
"Get out."

I knew it. Azzaron would get hurt. I lowered my head and nudged Destry to stand closer to me, for I feared for her life as I saw the unicorns roll in to face the intruder.
One of them was a stallion that I had seen before in Edge-meetings and such. He was an old member, unlike the other one.
The brindled unicorn scared me a little just with his appearance, and the way he looked at Destry... I moved away from him with just a simple movement, barely noticable.
"Or be killed for your ignorance."
"You would be wise to listen. You wouldn't want the child to find out that wings are detachable."

The brindled's words made me turn my head and stare at him. If he fucking touched my daughter I would kill him.
And I didn't even care if I was thrown out or hurt because of it.
It seemed like Azzaron reacted the same way, because I saw his fuse get shorter and blow.
He screamed at the three stallions and I finally saw the broken heart mirrored in his red eyes. He was just as sad as I was.
Maybe he hadn't done what Mauja had said?
No. He had. The King wouldn't lie to me. Right?

The palomino had turned his head to me and I froze, Destry slightly hiding under my belly.
"You're going to let him do that?! You're going to stand there and let him dear our daughter apart?!" WHAT?!
I pointed my ears back and stroke them tightly against my neck as I responded to his angry words. I would NEVER let anyone touch my daughter, and he should know that.
"Azzaron. Don't scold me for something I would never let happen. If any of these," I gazed over the three unicorns and then stared into his red eyes again.
"- even fucking touched my daughter and meant harm, I would not back down on hurting them. Badly." I stared at the brindled, for he seemed to be the one who was the big danger in this whole scene.

Destry was now hiding under my belly completely, her rump on one side and her head sticking up on the other, looking at me with big eyes.
I would never let anyone harm my daughter.
I noticed how Azzaron came closer to me, even though he stayed far away. The stallions would attack him soon, and they would try to kill him.
That was a feeling I couldn't get rid of.
My blue gaze lowered to watch my daughter, kissing her on her little muzzle. She would not get hurt until she was all grown up, since I knew that I couldn't keep her safe forever.
I turned my head to face Mauja, staring at him. Would he make the first move to hurt Azzaron? If only I had not feared for my life - and Destry's - I would not stand where I stood right now. I would be Azzaron's shield.

If only he hadn't lied to me. I would've saved him if he had not fooled me.

"Blah blah blah."
"Destry talking."

ooc: Long post >.>
word count: 773

Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Ascended Helovian

I am ridiculously sorry for the ridiculous wait, but my brain just went "ktnxlolbye" for a while. :/
Also lawl, weird post.

Of course, things were going to get worse, derail, come off the tracks and crash in a burning pile. It was unavoidable, inevitable, that whenever you stuck your nose where it didn't belong, something bit you. And in this case, it was true in two ways: Azzaron had a bloodied ear for coming into the Basin, and Mauja knew that he'd landed himself in a sticky situation, where he probably would have to bellow about intruders for a few more weeks so as to not put this incident aside as special.

He didn't want Delinne to think that she was special.

Breathing heavily, the white stallion stood between them, Descaro at his side like a faithful dog — had he always been loyal to King Mauja, or was he just glad for direction in the chaos? How many others would stand by him, like this, a soldier obeying with no question, without Mauja knowing that they still regarded him as a leader? His hard gaze lay upon Azzaron, ears slick to his neck. Maybe they followed him, because he still acted as a King.. because his actions said, obey. Descaro's cold drawl came out on the heels of his own command, a sentiment to chill the soul and freeze the blood. Only a fool would believe the Basin threats empty, when all their knives were drawn and poised to strike; did he not get out.. soon.. the blades would fall, mercilessly, and precisely. Cold darkness rolled in Mauja's gut and seeped through his blood, thick, hungry, demanding, and with a feeling like phantom fangs wishing to rip through flesh he nearly sneered, nearly bared his teeth; a single twitch ran along his lips before he soothed the impulse, smoothing out his face but not letting go of the magic. He stood poised to strike, ready to freeze the bastard's heart over.

Trying to play on the misunderstood pity card? Haughty, cold, Mauja stared daggers at the Pegasus as he screamed, replying only with a clipped "What would you know about it?". For all Azzaron knew, Mauja could've had his every mate and child killed before his eyes, and no one had ever asked, nor had he ever told, and certainly not a Pegasus with a fuse shorter than Mauja believed healthy. "I'm not arrogant, I'm trying to see my family you bastards." So angry, so angry, his rage almost tangible, something he could nearly taste upon the air, like standing close to a bonfire and feel it singe your hairs but not giving a damn. "And I'm trying to defend mine," he said, quiet and forceful where Azzaron was loud, something defiant, deadly in his cold voice — unyielding. The threats continued to rain as another Basin resident came onto the scene, stirred from sleep by Mauja's bellow. The harsh voice was familiar, his mind dredging up the name Crowley, his threat nearly bringing a grin to the icy one's face, but he kept it down under lock and key. He'd gladly sanction the de-winging of the fiery stallion any day, but it wouldn't do well to smile like a maniac in front of Delinne when he was trying to convince her that he was the sane one here.

Azzaron's voice, like poison in Mauja's ears and fuel for his simmering fire, nearly floored him with their meaning, and he choked on a breath as his blue eyes widened in the dark. What? he thought, spinning his head to peer at Crowley, then to Azzaron in disbelief as his heart forgot its frantic pace and stalled in shock, only picking up in rhythm again when Delinne's voice joined the fray. Of course, this was hard for her, but with his mind spinning, he spared a gentle, soft glance for the child hiding underneath her, before fastening his eyes on the intruder again, hoping to all seven heavens and hells that he was not wrong; that neither Descaro nor Crowley would contradict him, by words or by action, and Lana be damned.

"You believe I would let someone harm a child?" he hissed venomously, drawing a step closer to him — for all of his ideals, Mauja was a very gentle horse, one who blamed parents for their faults and not the offspring for its wings, and one who sought to justify his cause with more than I want it. The insinuation that he would mistreat a child, for nothing but a filthy Pegasus' torment, made him feel an anger he had not felt in a very, very long time: it had just become personal, and with something feral in his usually collected gaze he took another step forward, the clip of frosted hoof against cold rock like an ominous drum beat. "How sick are you, how selfish, if you believe we would punish an innocent child for your crimes?!" The last was a snarl, a bark, a bite, a verbal strike from an angry man who had children of his own; raising his neck, the sharp, illuminated point of his horn aching to follow its straight path into the neck of the other, but quivering only with the suppressed rage.

Cold, deadly, unforgiving, he spoke again, finality and doom lacing every sound that fell from his lips: "It is your wings that will fall to the floor if you do not get out, now."

Risha - Vodiza

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

It seemed he was the last of his Plague brethren to show up to the midnight meeting.

Almost instantly, Crowley's dislike for the pale Pegasus grows, for it seems he hasn't the slightest worry for his own safety, simply his family. A commendable trait, the Weaver must admit, but a stupid one. Surely his precious daughter would grow up some day to think the same thing of her winged father, whom she'd watched get torn to shreds before her very eyes. Hmm... how fun that would be.

A look of disgust was sent towards the lightning marked mare, whose name escaped him. Never before had he seen her in the Basin, though he couldn't pin an ounce of blame on her for concealing herself after birthing such a hideous monstrosity. The young, spindly legged foal which now stood halfway beneath her mother. A good place, Crowley deemed, so that he did not have to look at her wretched face.

The Pegasus went on about family and being granted the simple request to see them. That was fine and dandy, but not in the cradle of the Basin. What kind of fool would attempt such an act? After Crowley had spoken about removing wings, the palomino intruder went off on him, but he had it all wrong. It had not been the foal's wings he spoke of, but of his own. The spotted Bane standing not far from him seemed to understand that much, and unable to help himself, Crowley laughed.

"He is right," the brindle agreed at Mauja's words, "We are not so sick in the head to tear those tiny wings from that thing's shoulders." Contradicting words, considering how much he would truly enjoy it, young age be damned; but he knew many might not view him the same for doing such things to one so young. A sharp, glowering look was flashed in Delinne's direction; if she even made a move that suggested she might try something, Crowley wouldn't hesitate to put her in her place.

Swiftly, the Weaver directed his gaze back upon the Pegasus, ears brushing back in annoyance that he was still even here. "It is your last warning, pest; leave our home or fall at our feet."

I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

Deceased
Dark

With frustration at my side, I scream out, scream at those standing before me. It was no scream of fear, no scream of pain. It was a scream of rage, of hate. I close my lips when the last bit of the scream slides out of my lips. Straightening back up, I glare at Delinne. With pain in my voice, I speak gently. "I-I don't know you anymore. Nor do I want to know you anymore. So go ahead and live with your wretched kin." My voice became stronger as I finished, but inside I felt ready to crumble. I turn my body away from the group, hiding the tears that were sliding down my cheeks. I didn't want to appear weak, especially near these... bastards.

Spreading my appendages slowly, I don't glance back. Instead I gallop straight ahead of me, opening my wings to full length. I leap into the air, fiery eyes gazing only straight ahead. I don't look back, I try not to think about Delinne, but I couldn't. I no longer knew her, she was different. She followed Mauja... like a dog. Yes... a dog. I laugh within my head as I soar over the Basin. The tears were still coming down, and slowly I began to realize what I had done.

Our family had been a thin string, and I had just severed it. I had just destroyed it. I had cut the last fiber that held us together. What had I done? I could feel myself getting weaker, and my eyes were still watery. I couldn't see because of these cursed tears. Because of my cursed family. I couldn't do it. I couldn't live without Delinne, it... it isn't possible. And it never will be. But... I have to make it somehow. Someway... it had to happen. I let out another scream, and this time, it was a pitiful wail. A wail that only a depressed creature could wail.

And I was a depressed, foolish creature.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: < / 3 ;n;

word count: 332

When your crowns break."

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
No. No... I watched as Mauja, the brindled and the bay came closer to Azzaron and secretly wished for him to fly to safety. He would get hurt, and I didn't want my dear child to watch her father get hurt. He was crushed. But not by the stallions.
Azzaron just stood there and screamed at us. He was angry, depressed, sad... And all of that was because of me. I had done this to him. I watch as he turns to me, his voice turning into a gentle tune. His voice was a lie because his words hurt more than anything I had ever heard before.
"I-I don't know you anymore. Nor do I want to know you anymore. So go ahead and live with your wretched kin."
In that moment, I could hear my own heart shatter for the second time and fall to the bottom of an ocean. I just stood there, looking at Azzaron with empty eyes as he run towards us and flew away. My daughter nudged my leg but I didn't look at her. The pegasus who had given me her had just... He had disowned me as a partner. Just like I had done to him.

I couldn't talk.
I couldn't see.

I couldn't even move.

He didn't want me... I growl and look up at the sky, following the pegasus with my blue gaze. With tears in my eyes I scream. A painful heartbroken scream filled with emptiness that I aimed after Azzaron. Why did he leave me in the first place?! Why did he lie to me?!
Slowly the scream turn into sad neighs and I look down at the ground. No longer I could feel my heart beat.
It felt like it had stopped.
Destry looks at me with tears in her red eyes and I finally look at her. She wasn't supposed to cry. She wasn't supposed to know sadness yet.
"Hush, my daughter. Do not cry, for everything will be okay... Everything will be alright." I speak with a calm voice, even though my soul stirred around like a lost ghost inside of me.

Suddenly I couldn't stand up more. Destry walked out from under my belly and stood next to me as I lied down on the cold ground. Azzaron had left us for the last time.
He didn't love me.
He didn't love us.
We were alone...
Tears were running down my cheeks and Destry kiss my neck. I whisper to her to lie down next to me, and when she's down next to me I swish my tail to wrap around her tiny body. It wouldn't be okay. Destry would hate me later if the words I just spoke had been a lie.
I just had her now. Destry was my treasure, she would always be and she had always been. My black treasure.

Except that the gold that meant the most had just left me with an empty box.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: -cries-
word count: 495

Remember?

Ascended Helovian

það var farið að skyggja og fuglarnir þagnaðir A scream of sheer frustration tore out of Azzaron's throat, but Mauja was unyielding, heart and soul carved of marble and ice. Smooth and cold even in his rage he stood, a dark revenent cloaked in moonlight, but in the depths of his eyes roiled shadows, and in his veins the frigid darkness spun like liquid ice. He was cold, to the bone, and the air he exhaled was a puff of frost, rising towards the sky. The muscles of his jaw clenched, the tip of his horn steadying as the moments ticked by. Crowley had either caught on fast, or meant what Mauja had thought — whichever it was, he was grateful, but there was no time to show that. The Weaver's demand was cold and harsh, Descaro a silent soldier ready to puncture golden flesh with crystal, and Mauja merely waited: not for Azzaron to leave, but for a cause to jerk his head forward and stab his smooth horn into the curve of his neck and splatter them all with blood. He wanted to hurt him, to tear his body apart, to leave him scattered on the Basin floor for Talbot and Aramis to feast on.. but he kept his anger in an iron fist, and as Azzaron severed the ties with his family, a confusing blend of satisfaction and regret washed over him.

Delinne and Destry were, hopefully, safe. His and Psyche's mischief had paid off. On the downside.. he did not get to stab Azzaron.

Golden wings flared out wide and Mauja rocked back to avoid getting feathers in his head, and then the night rang with the strike of hoof on cold rock. Something within his head switched, slipped, and before he knew it each step Azzaron took was punctuated by eighteen hands of ice slamming up from the ground and into the sky, like monuments of the heartbreak which had taken place. None touched him; they rose where his hind hooves had left the ground in each stride, a straight line of six spires rising towards the moon. Mauja's eyes weren't on them. They were fixed on the shape receding into the sky, and his ears clenched to his neck when he heard the distant echo of a wail. It was pitiful, pathetic, and, blinking, he returned to the present and looked vaguely surprised at finding six of his own creations saluting the sky. He hadn't been aware of losing control; Azzaron's flight were moments of darkness in his memory, and with a slight shrug he released the cramped, almost painful hold his soul had on the magic. Giving an almost metallic click, the spikes began to sink, slowly being swallowed up by the earth they had come from. Lighter, warmer, his breath no longer steamed as white.

Guiltily Mauja glanced at the others, his smooth eyes betraying nothing of his confusion at having lost control. Well. Their job here was ended. Azzaron had been driven out, and Delinne was safe, though her legs were folding beneath her and she crashed to the cold Basin floor. Alarmed, Mauja sidestepped to avoid having her accidentally kick him as she settled, and then Destry folded beside her; he felt like an intruder, the cause of all this grief, but it was for the better. Neither Crowley nor Descaro was particularly social, or warm, and he assumed they'd leave now that the threat was gone — but Mauja couldn't just, leave. Slowly he stepped closer to Delinne again, his heart a lump of frostbitten, dark flesh in his chest, and lowered his muzzle to brush it across her poll. He offered her no words, merely his presence, cold as it may be, but he was still there, unlike the golden stallion which had disappeared. Irma had trailed him for a short while but he was gone, swallowed up, outside of their borders, and she saw no reason to follow him further. Azzaron had, by his choices, removed himself from all his families, and Mauja couldn't care less.

Raising his head he stood beside Delinne, one front leg resting lightly against her warm back. He would not abandon her. He would stand vigil over her and Destry until the sun, and she, rose again.

[ end? :3 ]
þegar úlfarnir opnaði augu hans í myrkrinu.

As a side note, I know that he is regulated to five 18 hand spikes in battle, but as this is not battle and the magic pretty much always stronger outside of it for all horses.. ^-^