the Rift

with the full moon and the dark waves [Vicer]

Alvilda Posts: 12
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Walking slowly, the mare's head high up, reaching for the twinkling stars above head. It was a silent night, not a noise other than the sound of rolling waves. The mare flicked her ears back ad forth, detecting only the sound of the dark waves that folded onto one another. The mare snorts, her dark nostrils flaring and her amber orbs scanning the sandy beach.

A full moon rose high into the sky, illuminating the beach. The sand appeared to glow against the rays of light coming down from the round moon. The sky was speckled with small, glowing speckles. The salty waves mirrored the sky as they rolled onto shore and slipped back to the open ocean.

The lone figure of the mare moved slowly across the vast landscape. A small wind begins to whip her dark locks before placing them back onto her shoulders. Large, feathery appendages expand outward, the feathers ruffling slightly. The bay fae shakes her tail before folding her wings back towards her body. The beach was cold during the night, almost freezing. Shivering, the mare walked farther forward.

Loneliness is something everyone has, this mare especially. All her life she had flirted, but never truly loved. Well, except for that chestnut pirate that had met her in the Threshold. But he probably didn't like her the way she liked him. Or did he?

No, probably not. The mare shakes her head, pushing the thoughts to the small shelf in her mind where she usually kept unwanted thoughts. There was barely enough room as she stored the thought away. Being alone wasn't bad, but without a family or any friends was worse. So much worse.

It was almost painful.

[[Short post is short. :/]]

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It seemed two horses were to fall under the curse of insomnia that night.

Was it only that morning that Vicer had found Alvilda in the Threshold and offered to lead her back to the Pirates? After a brief tour of the Blue, the two had split, but Vicer had been unable to get the bay mare off his mind. Why should he even care about one mare? He and the Diamondbacks had stolen and harassed dozens of them before to spite the herd leaders back home. He had even bred with a few females before, but they had been nothing but one-night stands, a brief meeting on a lonely night with a mare that would not stay with him and did not expect him to stay. Maybe he even had kids, for all he knew. Not that he would ever see them. No, the new Diamondbacks leader had been very precise in explaining what would happen if he strayed onto their territory again.

So he did not think of home very much, anymore. He did not think of his father, who didn't give a damn if his son joined a group of bandits, and he did not think of the Diamondbacks, who had been ready to become a proper herd when he left. What he could not stop thinking of, however, was Alvilda. His feelings for her had come so abruptly they surprised even him, but when he thought about it, he realized he genuinely liked the pegasus. Not as something to tease and annoy, and not as something to be with for a night and then forget about. He actually felt romantic towards her.

In an effort to sort out his emotions, he had decided to go for a midnight stroll. The beach, devoid of it's usual cacophony of seagulls, was now quiet but for the wind and the softly-hissing waves that rolled up the shoreline before falling back, spent. He shook his mane out as he walked, finding the cool night air to be oddly reminiscent of a night in the canyon his previous band had frequented. A figure not too far from him caught his eye, he started as he realized it was the very mare he had been thinking about. Vicer quickened his pace, approaching with his usual grin in place. "Can't sleep, Alvy?" he asked, stopping next to her.

Hidden Account
Dark
Soon enough the bay mare wasn't alone.

Slowly the mare glances over, seeing the form wandering closer to hers. Smiling, the mare stepped closer to Vicer. "Aye, can't sleep a wink." The mare turns away after responding, leaving the awkward silence to fill every crevice between the two horses.

Slowly thoughts begin to tumble about. Most of them were about Vicer. How does he feel about me? Does he like me at all? Or does he think of me as another one of his crew mates? The mare had only just met this chestnut brute, but he seemed to drift into her thoughts ever since she had met him.

Sure, she flirted for fun. But with this stallion, it seemed she was flirting with him because she felt something. Raising her head gracefully, the mare gazes into the stallions' eyes. They entrance her, and she's paralyzed. How could she tell him?

Just tell him straight up she had feelings for him? Take her time to tell him? That could work, but would he listen to her? How would he react? All these questions rolled through the bay fae's skull as she stared at the chestnut stallion. Their coats were illuminated by the full moons' glow and the stars that twinkled far above head.

This one pending question, what he felt towards her, slid out of the fae's lips, softly, gently. Strange, for pirates don't necessarily speak softly. "Vicer... how do ye feel towards me? Be honest." Trying to speak without her accent was hard, for once a pirate gains their accent, it's hard to shake it off. The fae waits for the chestnut boy to speak. She stands there, the water lapping at her legs.

Unregistered
After Alvilda's answer, the two of them fell quiet. Vicer glanced out at the ocean, watching the waves roll in. He really did love it here, beside the sea. While it wasn't the sort of home he would've picked, it did have a lovely view. Still, he felt the pegasus beside him was an even nicer view. But how could he tell her that without being seen as simply playing with her? He recalled how prickly she had initially been. If she didn't take him seriously, there would be no way to win her affections later.

His worrying was in vain, though, as she spoke again, quieter than normal. She must be having the thoughts, he realized. Now he could act. "How do I feel about you?" he repeated. His brows rose, then fell into a sly grin. "Well, I think you're one of the fieriest and most interesting ladies I've ever met, and I love that about you. And..." he leaned forward, his dark brown gaze locking with her amber gaze. "You have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen, sitting in the prettiest face I've ever seen. That, Alvy, is how I feel about you." Still, for all his smooth charm, he worried he was laying it on a little too thick. His attempts at complimenting a female always tended to sound like flirting, it was simply how he spoke. He could only hope Alvilda would take him seriously.

Hidden Account
Dark
I was beginning to regret asking, thinking Vicer was going to scold me. But I was shocked when he gazed into my eyes and spoke seriously. I was blown away to hear his words.

Did he really feel that way about me or was he just toying with me? I couldn't be too sure, and in fact, I was unsure. But my heart began to speak for itself, and I was surprised at the many words that slipped from my dark lips. "You.. you really think that? I was flattered, batting my eyes in surprise. These feelings that stirred within me told me what Vicer had said was true. But how could I know for sure? He could be tricking me. I trip over my words as I gaze at him, telling him how I felt towards him."Well Vicer... I like ye too. Not in t' way of a friend.. but.. in the way of a.. lover... I didn't really want to tell you because I thought you might push me away like all the other stallions did.. but.. now I know that you feel the same way."

I'm silent once again, my amber orbs remaining locked with Vicer's. Pirates don't normally have children with one another, not often anyway. But that doesn't mean me and Vicer can't be together, right? I could feel nervousness as it gripped my stomach with an iron fist. My innards churned about as I stare at Vicer. How could I explain I wanted a child with him? Would he want one too?

The questions hovered around my mind as I stepped closer to Vicer, brushing my delicate black muzzle against his. Feeling the warmth coming from his body made me smile, and deep inside of me my body began releasing hormones. Clearly there was something between Vicer and I, but was it really going to happen or would Vicer still push me away?

I tried to push the thoughts away, flicking my ears to the sea. Maybe if I focused on the curling waves I'd be able to forget that one question. The rolling waves reminded me of a dog, slobbering beneath with it's paws. I glance at Vicer and then at the full moon that was directly over head. What a romantic setting for two pirate lovers.

[[Wrote this entire thing on my kindle. >.<]]

Unregistered
Vicer chuckled as Alvilda hesitantly replied, asking him if he really meant it. "Of course I do." he said, with a level of truthfulness that surprised even him. He had never felt this way towards a mare, he realized, but now that eh thought about it, he genuinely liked Alvilda. She was friendly towards him, but she still kept him on his toes. And that, he realized, was what he had been missing in every mare he had ever had relations with. Something in Alvilda simply clicked with him. As Alvilda confirmed she had the same feelings, he felt like prancing, parading his joy for all to see. His muzzle moved forward as hers did, and when the two finally touched, a crackle seemed to stem from the simply contact. He breathed into her nostrils, a symbol of friendship that signified more than friendship between the two of them. Unbidden, thoughts of foals rose to mind. But did he really want to be tied down with a child? To finally settle down with just one mare?

Yes, he realized. He did. Here was a horse who seemed to love him for him, who could look past the jerkass exterior to find the soul inside, a soul that simply wanted to be loved. It wasn't like the closeness he had felt in the Diamondbacks, that was simply masculine comraderie. This was something special, something exclusive to two horses. If they had a child, he could stay and help her raise it. They were in the same band. He wouldn't always be traveling from place to place.

As she looked away, Vicer quietly moved a step closer to her, his muzzle reached up to gently groom and nibble her mane and neck. "The night's still young, you know." he paused to say, giving her a wink, then resumed his grooming, eventually ending at her withers, where his rested his head across her shoulders. "Alvy," he asked, looking down at her. "Forgive me for bringing this up right out of the blue, but have you ever thought about having kids with someone?" Old habits died hard with the chestnut, and he was certainly in the mood, but now he wasn't interested in a simple one-night fling. If she was willing, he decided, he would be a part of the foal's life too.

Hidden Account
Dark
Vicer had spoken truthfully, telling me he truly loved me. Could this all be a dream, and I would awake in a few moments? Or was this truly happening, was my heart really burning with a strong feeling of love? Or was this all a trick? I was troubled, unable to trust my own body and thoughts. I decide this was all real, the feeling inside of me.

It was love.

Vicer seemed to know what to do, for he met my velvet muzzle halfway. I can feel his warm breath as it slides up into my nostrils. It signified that we were a bit more than friends. That we were, well... almost mates? Romantic interests would fit better. I smile, enjoying the moment as it lasted.

If only it could last forever.

I feel Vicer's warm chestnut body move closer to my bay figure, and I felt his teeth as he groomed my mane and neck. I do the same, my dark muzzle brushing against his fiery coat. I smile, feeling as though the world around me no longer mattered. The only thing that mattered was here, between Vicer and I.

I watch as he speaks again, his lips forming soft words. He winked at me before resuming the grooming. It was only then that he rested his head upon my shoulders. I slowly settled my elegant head against his shoulder, embracing his warmth. He began to speak again, looking down at me with soft eyes.

And then, it hits me.

Just like a strong wave on a stormy night at sea, his question blows me back. I can feel my mind buzz with worry. Is it too soon? Should I answer? What should I do? Panicking, I don't speak for a moment. I'm frozen. I gather my courage and then speak, a soft smile on my lips. "I have, but not with just anyone... but with you." I burrow my muzzle into his red locks, breathing in his salty scent. If we did have a child, I would want a foal from this stallion. Is it too soon? He did bring it up, so maybe it was on his mind too. I sigh, inhaling his scent yet again. Oh, how I loved him so much.

[[<3]]

Unregistered
His momentary worry that Alvilda would reject the notion of a foal was dispelled as she began to groom her as well before finally coming to rest with her head pressed against him. He loved the touch of her silky feathers brushing his side. The two were pressed together, each taking comfort in the other's presence. He breathed in her scent, a pleasant mixture of the Pirate's trademark sea-salt smell and her own ginger-and-vanilla scent. The cute white speckles on her head, neck, and shoulders seemed to glow against her dark coat in the moonlight. He smiled as she spoke.

"Well," he said, nuzzling her withers once before stepping back to look her in the eye with a lidded, hot gaze. "Pirates do whatever they want, right? So if we want to go plundering and pillaging with a foal at our side, who's to stop us?" He doubted Corsair would object, after all, why would he? Hadn't Vicer seen him shooting secret looks at the white-striped Cosette? Maybe two foals would be gracing their band soon. All the better, then. A playmate was a good thing for a foal to have.

"Although, perhaps the beach isn't the most suitable place." he said with a wry smile. "We could find somewhere more private." He had always been a little weird about not liking to couple in plain view. Some horses in the Diamondbacks hadn't really cared about who was around when they were with a mare, but Vicer liked to think he wasn't that uncultured. Arrogant and a little bit vain, sure, but not uncultured. And oddly enough, those emotions seemed to vanish when he was with Alvilda. Maybe this was all he needed.

(Shall we say they exit now and go ahead and post their stats in the Grove?)