the Rift

Invasion Round Two :: Cluster One

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
You have 72 hours to respond to this round. Before the round is over, HERD LEADS can send cluster change request to the OFFICIAL account.

Further information can be found in the Detailed Rules under the Chaos Style invasion section.

Argetlam has been knocked out due to the player's request, those from his cluster assume dual characters aided in his fainting.

Quilyan
Verenia Rinta
Gaucho
Lakota
Aryel
Peixos

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

The tide of battle had become a raging maelstrom for a brief moment, and Aryel found herself being swept away from the horses she had been near, trying not to be trampled underfoot. Managing to regain her footing instead of being pushed along, she took off again. She kept her head lowered and ears flattened, charging through the fight as she tried to discern who was friend and who was foe in the confusion. She had not attacked the large grey, but she had seen him go down with multiple injuries and could only hope there would be no deaths today. She do her duty for Kri, but she loathed the idea of killing without purpose.

Another horse, a smaller Foothills mare with a white face, caught her attention. She turned sharply and galloped towards her, hooves tearing up sections of grass. She would need to build up speed for this. As her velocity increased and the distance between them decreased, Aryel held her wings in tightly and pulled them back a few inches before tucking her chin to her neck. She charged the female and attempted to bodyslam her, moving her head slightly out of the way so her chest and shoulders would be taking the brunt of the blow. Her intended target was the mare's left side, but she was moving too quickly to stop if she turned.

If she made contact, the blow would no doubt bruise her chest and elicit a grunt of pain from the blue mare, but she would fight through the minor injury and rear up to strike at the hopefully-stunned mare with her front hooves. In the tide of battle, the adrenaline running through her system consistently kept her fire magic bubbling near the surface, ready to flare into life and her hooves and wingtips, but she kept it in check, unwillingly to use what could potentially cause extremely severe wounds. She was here to drive them off, not kill them.

Words: Too little
Summary: Aryel charges at Verenia Rinta intending to bodyslam her on the left side, then, if it makes contact, rears up and attacks with her front hooves.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

As Gaucho sailed by QUILYAN, his body only hovering parallel for a few seconds as gravity and momentum tore them apart, Gaucho focused intently on the air-space ahead of him as he sailed towards the sky, as if concentrating hard enough would propel his body faster, away from the possible flailing hooves of QUILYAN. Although Gaucho had massive wings to support his formidable frame, he still had the turning radius of a bulldozer, and sacrificed a sharp getaway by trying to knock into QUILYNA’s right flank with his collar of sharpened bones. Although Gaucho was a battle-hardened warrior, often his simple mind had difficulty sequencing events properly in the midst of war. Perhaps it was only the altitude which caused a lack of sensation in his hind-end, but he couldn’t tell the extent or even if QUILYAN had attempted to retaliate at his fleeting form. Although he could be sure that if QUILYAN had retaliated, the pain would eventually rush upon him, just as the wind was currently rushing past his ears.

Banking to the left, Gaucho narrowed his gaze as he flew directly into the glare of the rising sun. Although his hulking form would be an easy place for QUILYAN to rest his gaze, should he be following, the bay hoped that enough of the sunlight would filter past, skewing his vision. QUILYAN’S hooves had caused an almost instantaneous blood-blister to form on Gaucho’s right shoulder, and given the speed and the downward angle of the paint’s hooves, had broken the skin, allowing beads of blood to pool on his dark fur, and his magic to stir within. Calling forth a spirit-type that he never had before, Gaucho’s primitive mind conjured up an image, which soon poured from his antlers in a swirl of silvery mist. Three eagles, the size of dogs suddenly formed themselves out of the swirl, with hungry eyes and flashing talons. As Gaucho raced to the east, the eagles flew in the opposite direction, flying over Gaucho and aiming straight for QUILYAN. Their eerie bodies aimed to circle him, their ghostly wings trying to create a barricade around him, as if forcing him to remain still.

As the eagles went after QUIYLAN, Gaucho folded his massive black wings to his sides, letting his front end dip forward, diving towards the ground. This free-fall only lasted a few feet, only enough to gain enough speed, so that when he sharply opened his wings, his downward descent was thwarted, and his body would rise again. In the instant before he was pulled upwards, he spied Sar-gent Aryel below, easily identifying her by her new-odd markings. Why no magicz? Why no fly? he thought dumbly, wondering if it had anything to do with what Kri had said to the mare, moments before the fray began. Gaucho quickly let the thought dissipate, for even at the best of times, Gaucho was a poor multitasker. He hoped that should QUILYAN have followed him, thwarting the eagles somehow, that this dip would gain him some distance. Turning as sharply as he could to the right, he eyed the skies, looking for where QUILYAN was. Narrowing his gaze, Gaucho came around from the right, attempting to fly above but behind his opponent. He believed that QUILYAN would have a similar turning radius given their similar builds and height, yet judging by his previous ‘battle cry’, Gaucho very much doubted he was a warrior. Believing himself to be the faster of the pair, and certainly the heavier, Gaucho once again pinned his wings to his sides, dropping down from roughly 7ft. With his front hooves outstretched, he aiming directly for QUILYAN’S withers, using his hind-legs like a crude rudder to correct for any movements QUILYAN might make, so that he could continue his momentum without having to unfurl his wings. Keeping his eyes trained on QUILYAN’S splotches of color, like targets, he cared very little where his hooves actually ended up - anywhere on his back would suffice.

Mara strained in his antlers for her chance to take a chunk out of the stallion, but Gaucho did not give her the opportunity. Given their height, should she lose her grip on his antlers, the fall would surely kill her. (Either hitting him or not), As Gaucho tore towards the ground, he could again clearly see ARYEL charging towards a rather stocky looking pony. Issuing a guttural cry, Gaucho flared his massive black wings 10ft from the ground, sharply bringing him parallel as he swiftly flew towards ARYEL’s target. Hurtling towards VERENIA RINTA from her left, about 5 feet off the ground, Gaucho aimed to soar over her, aiming a kick with his hind legs at whatever part of her they could find purchase on, though targeting her wither. Should she rear up at him, she would likely be sliced with his bone collar, or knocked clean over given their enormous size differences. With a grunt, another silvery shape bled from his antlers, this time a massive bear, flying with him for a moment before hitting the ground in a splash of silvery mist. Turning, the bear charged towards VERENIA RINTA’s right side, opposite of ARYEL, attempting to corral her between itself and Gaucho’s sar-gent.

[Summary: WC 900 Magic 2/2 Companion 0/2 No Amulets used. Continuing to use buffs BULK and SWIFT.

After passing Quil, Gaucho turns to the left into the sun hoping to blind Quil. He uses his magic to call upon three spirit eagles to delay Quil, as Gaucho dives down to gain speed, and suddenly comes back up, banking to the right to get behind the paint. Diving down, he aims his front hooves to strike Quil's back. After, he soars to the ground, and flies in the same direction as Aryel, aiming to fly over Verenia Rinta, and kick her with his hind legs. As he passes, he uses his magic again and a large bear charges towards Verenia Rinta.

Attack: Eagles at Quil, front hooves to Quil's back. Tries to kick at Verenia Rinta + magic bear.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay
peixos

The massive bulk of Argetlam shuddered under my own draft-backed hooves and my teeth caught the skin hard, pulling away with as much force as I bit down. His weak muscles gave to the pressure of my attack, and as a result, my bite slipped away before it could yank away the tissues of where his neck connected his shoulders. As the poor fellow’s massive body slipped backwards in late defense, I fumbled my landing, hooves slipping into the grass, leaving a deep scar in the dirt. But I circled away from a possible rebound, lengthening my own gallop stride to make a wide circle around to face him. My mocha gaze, flaming from the excitement, saw that any possible attack from Argetlam was cut off – quite literally – by the pallid flash of Ophelia’s horn claiming the male’s flank flesh. I saw Tinek from above; swooping low to blast a surge of defeating electrically charged snow breath onto his dappled back. I saw the massive stallion’s body waver as consciousness was swept away by the tide of teamwork, and I smiled to the red and blue eyes that were already seeking another target.

I decide to do the same.

‘Raimo, tell me who’s next!’

The wild blue finds that off to my far left there is a small, compact girl receiving the blows from the lean, lanky blue mare, Lakota. He shoots a brief mental image my way, and my body ricochets over the hills, hooves clapping against the dirt, leaving more scars in the grass. As I raged on, I saw Aryel, the roan sergeant of the Throat, taking VERENIA in an attempt to body slam the little equine. Her attack was well and finished by the time my hooves claimed attacking distance. The girl Verenia, is small, only reaching the higher middle of my shoulder blade from the withers. I could easily bulldoze her, rounding to her right side, feeling the sun truly change positions as I completed the circle.

But before I could launch from my hooves, one summoned eagles from the sky as he dove down with outstretched hooves, aiming for the low mare’s fragile back. In the next second, he created an enormous grizzly wearing the fearsome mask of angst, hauling towards her with near-horse speed. I planned my action then, locating Raimo off to the far left side of VERENIA RINTA, he could come at her face to blast a surge of flame to turn the white of her blaze black as the early morning that passed. Hopefully, the bear would be a distraction as the blue, against the sun, soared from heights to smother her face. She’d remember this day no matter what. I’d be sure of that.

I alerted the Wild Blue, feeling his wings flap in my thoughts, I saw him pummeling down, a royal glint in the sun that was behind him, he rammed his wings down, and swooped to face the pretty little mare, ahead of the untamed grizzly. His jaws uncurled and he released his superpower as hot and as long as he could manage keeping his head tilted down beneath his forelegs as his wings rotated to carry him back into the sky. I hoped VERENIA RINTA was blinded then, and I took my own plan of action. Remembering the raging grizzly the whole time, keeping my hopes that he was only attacking her. If she was startled by the blaze of Raimo’s fire, then both attacks should surely succeed.

I took up more speed, my gallop claiming the last distance between me and her tiny right shoulder. My bulk was massive to her, and with all my appendix agility I dug forehooves into the dirt and spun kicking my legs lower than usual, hoping to knock out her frosted head or neck. When my feet touched the ground, I lashed my larger jaws at the fresh meat of her chestnut hindquarter, driving my teeth down hard, knowing that if I were to manage this bite, that I would surely do some critical damage. Her little Welsh body could spin a turn in an instant, but if she were blinded by Raimo’s fire or distracted by Gaucho’s bear, I would have a great chance. VERENIA did not even begin to match the bulk and strength or even swiftness that I had engraved next to my name, but I took to my wits and drove off after aiming to make contact with her haunch, linking with Raimo in a rough embrace. He locked his talons to my mane, and started off looking for the next worthy victim.

words; 769
summary; Peixos approaches Verenia, staying off to her right side while he observes Gaucho's bear charging her from the front. He locates Raimo, who approached from the front, swooping down to her face to blast a hot stream of fire in her eyes, using the bear as a hopeful distraction. Using Raimo also as a distraction, Peixos gallops to her right side, spinning in the dirt and kicking out at her face/shoulder while aiming to plant a bite on her right hindquarter. He speeds away to avoid a possible attack from the mare.
companion; Raimo attempts to blast her face with fire 1/4

skyfall is where we start
a thousand miles and poles apart
where worlds collide and days are dark
you may have my number, you can take my name
but you'll never have my heart

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

So many swarm towards them, and violet irises snap to every form, locating and determining who they are. Several she can't recognize as her siblings, but the spread appendages upon two of them tell her that they hail from the desert to the south, and therefore let them pass. Her attack, whether it fell as she had wanted, was completely forgotten as she saw the golden stallion above tilt his wings and swoop down elegantly, predatorily, towards the woman she had just had beneath her hooves. Another is joining him, a female of azure, and Lakota sharply recognized Peixos as being the one to help her alabaster twin knock out the draft somewhere near their location. All as one they move towards the downed woman, and Lakota knew that they could take her easily. Three on one was not fair at all, but Lakota didn't care about fairness right then. She cared about winning, about landing the first blow and avoiding those she could. This was not her target any longer, and she slammed her hind legs into the ground to stop whatever momentum had gathered. Sharply she wheeled about, searching the slowly brightening sky overhead for the painted fellow her ally had been fighting.

Feathers do not aid her, and she calls mentally to Aodaun. Losing him in the fray is not an option, and she intended to keep him as close as possible to avoid him being hurt. He was the embodiment of her soul, her love, and if he was harmed Lakota would kill everyone in sight as penance. Ao was worth every life on the battle field to her, and so when his fluffy white body came running after her, Lakota sighed softly to herself in relief. Together they ran, Lakota dodging bodies and shoving through them if she had to. Dark lavender eyes were trained skyward, Aodaun warning her mentally of incoming attacks. None appeared.

QUILYAN was in a world she could not reach, but like hell that was going to stop her. Lakota didn't give two shits that she was no pegasus and could not meet him on equal ground, she would force the coward to his knees regardless of his flight abilities. Surging from the crowd she slammed obsidian hooves into the yielding flesh of the earth, feeling it vibrate all up long pillars to her shoulders. It was a motion of dominance, and she bared her teeth to anyone who cared to see. Long bodice was soon vertically stretching, balancing the little weight she had on her hind legs. Lakota slashed the tremulous air with her hooves, crying out a challenge to the pegasus hanging above her. It needed no words in that moment, merely a demand for the man to meet her, if he had the balls. Twisting she landed once more, though she danced like she had too much energy to remain still. Like a panther she stalked back and forth beneath his shadow, calling out to him. "Face me!" Bellowing the words, a clear challenge in her eyes. Aodaun growled at her side, shifting restlessly from the tangle of emotions that resided within his bonded. Together they watched the bird brain from below, pacing and snarling like caged animals. There was no backing down. Never.

--

WC: 547 (Eugh.)
Summary: Turns and quickly gets out of the way for the other three to attack Verenia, eyes searching the skies for Quilyan as she had seen Gaucho fighting him. Demands/challenges him to come down from the sky and fight her.
Notes: I really didn't want her picking on poor Verenia too so it's short and lame xD

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth