the Rift

What is this feeling? [open]

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
After running across vast areas of never ending hills, covered in luscious, green grass, it finally felt good to be walking into the stretch of trees again. I inhaled the earthy scent, and oak and pine smells wafted to my nose. I felt delighted to actually be back to a place similar to where I was born. This place was truly ideal, and I wouldn't mind a short rest. I looked up, and felt the sun's warmth on my back, making my near white pelt shine, and my golden mane really look like a pile of gold, floating until the top of my leg. I took one last deep breath and enter the marvelous forest.

In the forest, I felt truly at home. Sunlight filtered through the tree branches, and every little noise was a tree leaf rustling on the ground below, or little animals scurrying around on the ground. I lifted my regal head up, and began to trot around. The hot, morning sun was blocked out by the tress, but I still had plenty of light to venture around. Curiousity grabbed at me, and I went through out the place marveling at the sights. I walked around, weaving through the trees I nominated as my home. I belonged in the green woods. It wasn't to say I didn't enjoy the beach either. It was just as marvelous as the forest, and I enjoyed swimming as much as running, but the forest possessed something that made me attached. The rolling fields weren't too bad either. I actually loved them as much as the forest, and the beach. Vast areas to run and eat, and watch the setting sun behind. It was all truly marvelous.

Now that I ventured deeper into the core of the forest, I felt satisfied, and even more curiousity gripped me to see if there was anyone else around to tell me where I was. I happily reared on my hind legs, throwing back my head, and emitting an inviting whinny to any passing horses.

Occ: for anyone (new players, loners) , assassins, pirates, or edge

Ignita Posts: 39
Banned
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 4
Pheonix
Ok, this is my last scout around here in the Threshold. This was now Tonka's job and I knew he was capable of it. Anyway, i'm pretty sure Tonka would want to know that I truest him with this job and it's not that I didn't but I just though I would give one last boost of my energy to travel here. Anyone I pick up had missed our first meeting but when the filly came back from the edge maybe anyone I picked up could turn up and meet here. Tonka and some of the others might even come. Light was beating down on my back as I trotted though the forest rather enjoying the sun's warmth.

A young mare steals my eyes from the path ahead and I slow to a halt. A creamy color washes over her body, golden flecks decorating her legs. Her mane tumbles down her neck in golden locks. Weaving though a couple of thick tree's my blue eyes meet with dark amber orbs. My head dips slightly in greeting to her. "Ignita, Assassin leader. And you are?" I question. My ears are forward, willing to give her a chance to prove her worth to me, obviously, if she wanted to join me and the Assassins.

[Sorry this is terrible but I felt bad for not posting when I said I would :| ]

Unregistered
All of a sudden, I hear steps behind me, and I freeze, pricking up my ears waiting and listening. My senses knocking in, ready to fight or flee at any given time. I finally see a unicorn mare approach me, with icy blue eyes. I feel more relieved, flashing a smile that would be between relieved and welcoming. I was glad she wasn't here to attack me, but I didn't ease in completely. I was worried that maybe she would launch some sort of fighting trick against me. Then she told me her name. Assassin leader? Despite the fact I was the type to kill, the art of fighting always had intrigued me, and I knew I wanted to learn how to fight so I could defend myself. My only defense now were my powerful, long legs built for running. I remembered how the old horses in my herd commented on the fact of my height made it easy for me to knock down opponents.

"Accalia Cloninger", I told her my real name. I decided not to tell her my full name, for I didn't want her to be bored from my constant chatter. "Assassin leader? That sounds interesting", I said, seemingly nice, but alert. "Could you tell me more about your Assassin herd?" I questioned her. The name interested me, and I didn't want to join to kill, but to learn the fight and maybe have a temporary, or life long herd life.

Banned
Pheonix
"Accalia Cloninger." Two part name, different name and i'm not to bothered about names. Accalia it was. "Assassin leader? That sounds interesting." So she was interested. That was just the beginning of getting to be a Assassin. She would still need to prove herself to me, and the rest of us. Maybe she could be a fighter but she had more of a athletic body, one build for speed. "Could you tell me more about your Assassin herd?" I smile dipping my head slightly.

"We are a group of highly skilled Equines, Pegasus's and Unicorns and I plan to lead my fellow Assassins higher in the ranks, herd wise." I don't tell her my exact plans before I knew I could trust her and that she would follow my loyally. I raise my head, pricking my ears at the sound of a tweeting bird in the distance. I then return my eyes to her. She certainly had the physical portntial but weather she was certain that she wanted to join was up to her any anyway, who said she was right for us?. Not that I was doubting her in anyway, not yet anyway. I was always open for new members of course.

Unregistered
The lass dipped her head, and gave a smile, as I awaited what she would tell me about the Assassins herd. I knew physically and mentally, I was ready for any challenge, but I knew I wasn't able to kill a horse. Are you really not able? A dark though slipped into my mind. I shook off the tiny voice and focused back on the lass. She told me about the herd, and I was interested. I knew, deep down I was skilled, though I doubted it. "Well then. I am pretty skilled, but skilled in what m'am?" I questioned. I still didn't completely trust her, and I gave a watchful eye, but I was starting to ease in a little bit. "By any chance, do Assassins kill?" I question slightly suspicious. I hear a bird chirping in the distance, and I flick my ears towards the sound.

"So tell me, about these assassins, how do you plan to make the ranks higher?" I told her. She was recruiting. I had the feeling. I knew she was trying to convince me, but without her help I was already leaning towards the fact I wanted to join. I couldn't help but venture a little deeper, and question a little bit more. "Do Assassins teach how to fight?" I asked. I wanted to know how to fight, to defend myself. I pricked my ears up, as I heard birds chirping in the distance. Yes. The lovely sound of the birds. As I awaited the replies I deserved, I sized up the unicorn. Ignita. Interesting name.

Banned
Pheonix
Her smile was encouraging. It showed me that she was intrested in joing us. In fact everyone who I had attempeted to recruite had been intrested and joined. It was a good feeling, to know that they wanted to follow with me as there leader. And also, as other's had, questions had been asked. I wasn't suprised, I suppose when you are intresting in joining a group you wanted, infact you needed"Well then. I am pretty skilled, but skilled in what m'am?" She was certainly respectful and defiantly looked like she was one to be skilled, even if not in all areas, at least some; speed for example seemed to suit her bulid.

More questions were soon being thrown at me, more then what had ever been asked for me but I didn't take it badly, it only showed her intrest in us, and that was good. The more willing they were to join the better. "By any chance, do Assassins kill?" A bird chirps in the distance and the mare get's distracted however I do not but one ear does flicker over to the sound, checking it out although it was just a bird and was no fanger what so ever. "So tell me, about these assassins, how do you plan to make the ranks higher? Do Assassins teach how to fight?" I chuckle slightly at the mare's curiosty in us. It was a welcoming laugh though, kind and friendly, not cruel and mocking. "Yes, you will be expected to fight and if you are not the sharpest fight then I am more then happy to teach you a thing or two. And yes, we do kill but those who do not wish to kill will not be forced." I pause, thinking of her other question but I already knew the answer. "I plan to overthrow the chosen land by what ever way I can, strong numbers the better."

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

It was foolish for the mare to disregard the sounds of nature, for amongst the trees and shadow, crept two stallions of wildfire and night, waltzing through the Threshold as they had many times before. They had been here themselves, arriving at the borders of Helovia in search of their sisters, whom they knew resided within. They had chosen the Foothills at that time, to lend their strength and battle prowess to the cause of Gossamer, but always they were officially part of the Qian. The peacekeepers, the restorers of balance and equality. Yes, the stallions, for all their battle prowess, fought only for what they believed in. They were not mindless killers, though they had killed in the past. They did not fight without reason, though they had fought numerous battles and wars.

"Assassin leader, huh?" Dripped the coarse, deep voice of Madyrn as he stepped away from the treeline, his predatory gaze set upon Ignita, the unicorn he recognised as one who had foolishly trespassed across their borders, spewing what were evidently lies about sending a foal into the herd for safekeeping. There always was something false and weak about her story.

"I'd like to see you assassinate us." Maskan's voice laughed soon after, as he stepped out from the opposite side, so that the brothers, with their bulky hides, surrounded the pair. They were still several lengths away from the two mares, and they never stopped moving, never stood still long enough to allow the focus to settle. They sketched a circle around the mares, drinking all they could of them, wary of their horns, wary of any other fools who might follow Ignita's blind cause and try to attack them from the outskirts. The brothers laughed, deep and hollow chuckles, amused more than anything at what they had learned here. They would inform Mirage immediately, and the Edge would never fall prey to something so foolhardy as a group of "killers" wanting their home.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Unregistered
I looked at Ignita as she told me about what Assassins did. At least I would not be the one to kill any other horse. Unless needed, the dark thought crept back into my head. "What is this chosen land?" I inquired further more. I was interested in joining these assassins, but I did not want to take over another herd's land unless truly nessecary. But curiousity took over. Which herd belonged to the chosen lands? Were the lands truly that beautiful in order for the lass want to take over. Curiousity sparked in me, and grew like a flower. I wanted to know more, and I didn't even care if I was pelting her with questions. I pricked up my ear, as I caught the sound of approaching footsteps. Being alone for a long time, and having to fend for myself, I whirled around to meet the approaching horses.

Two stallions, black as the darkest night, appeared from the trees. I scanned them with my eyes, immediately assesing them. They were giant, and looming, a good hand over me, with menacing faces. They looked as if they were built for war, but instead of being mindless brutes that only wanted to fight and kill, I saw they possessed intelligence in their narrowed eyes. I saw them as they walked up to challenge Ignita. The steed with the crimson socks on his heavy set legs spoke first, mocking the unicorn lass. His gaze was harsh, and I expected a fight to come out of this. The other steed stepped out, and mocked her also. I saw that he had more of a fiery color to his socks. The two steeds started laughing, as I watched them. I felt no threat actually. I knew their hatred was directed towards Ignita, and I was starting to feel less willing to join this Assassin group. "Hello. I am Accalia", I briskly introduced myself to the steeds. Interest was sparking in me. "And what is the herdlands that you inhabit?" I questioned them, backing away keeping a distance from Ignita, and the two shadow horses.

Banned
Pheonix
"Words were another sword for the man who wielded them well."

Look who had turned up, the old twins of the Edge.

Although they carried more life expeiance then me they were nothing but two old stallions still thinking they were the same young colts they once were.Ther black bodies were marked on there faces with white, and there legs with a ugly brown. "Assassin leader, huh?" I let out a huff of laughter, shaking my head down and winking at the other mare, not wanting her to feel as if she had been forgotten about now these two idiots had turned up, thinking that by circling us they could trap us, the truth was, they couldn't. Not me anyway. "I'd like to see you assassinate us."

I do not change my postion, nor do I move so that I can escape there circling, unlike the other mare who backs away from us. My voice all of a sudden turns dark and more dangrous. "Oh but boys, I wouldn't hesitate to slit your Throats." I knew the stallions wouldn't hesitate before heading back to tell there leader of us but the truth was, I didn't really care that she knew of us, if anything, it made it a whole lot more fun and dangrous, just how I liked it.

As one of the dark necks of the stallions goes past my face my neck suddenly extends aiming to grab a chunk of skin and twist it in my jaw whilst murmering under gritting teeth. "I wouldn't say anything if I was you," My ears arn't completly back but they are slowly becoming slick to my neck. Thinking about the other stallion behind I flick a back leg up and out, just in case he tries anything. I then take my attenttion back to Accalia. Sorry for this," I look the stallions up and down. "Sometimes horse's just don't know when they are not involved in matters," I say it with a slight smile towards her, not wanting to make her feel as if she didn't want to be here.

"Bla Bla Bla,"

[If you don't want Ignita to try and hurt them then just say ^^]

Image Credits

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

One brother turned his crown to view the newcomer mare, whom, it would seem, was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. She asked them what herd they hailed from.

"That is not of your concern." They replied curtly, for anyone who showed an interest in allying with the filth that was Ignita was not worthy of such knowledge. Promptly they continue ignoring the little equine, for far more interesting things were happen with the little unicorn who thought herself a killer.

It was foolish for the mare to think that she could strike against them. They had kept a distance of at least a horse's body length between themselves and the mare's for a purpose, and the steps it would have taken Ignita to travel far enough to bite them, or kick them, gave them plenty of notice to easily lean and step out of her reach once more. With smooth, elongated strides, the brothers' hides were swallowed by shadow once more, unscathed, barely a memory of two stallions of darkness and flame left behind.

Ignita had made a mistake. She had threatened them, their home, their family, their livelihoods.

She would pay in blood.

The brothers were nothing if not generous. Amongst the darkness, they agreed that only Madyrn would challenge the foolish unicorn to a duel. The fiery steed was eager for it, eager to exploit all her weaknesses and crush her. Eager to taste her blood. To crush her beneath his might.

Ignita would fall.

The brothers stepped from their shadowy surrounds again, resuming the circling act they had before. Only this time, they wore a smug expression. Madyrn stopped before her still several lengths away, but now intending to meet her eye and speak to her directly, plainly.

"Prepare to die, shitface."

[ Will be setting up a challenge thread in the Battlefield momentarily. ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com