the Rift

Girl [open]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

It was strange, don't you think, to see such a small child wondering though the deepest parts of the wood. She wore a beautiful ruby dress, at least it was beautiful. A bow that had once tied round her waist had fallen of and the bottom of her dress, which came up to about her knees, was splattered in mud. The girl herself was called Estelle. Wide blue eyes travel round the forest that she stood in. Darkness was gradually rolling in though the tree's and the light was slowly fading. She lifted up her pretty little head to look up between a gap in the tree's to see the sky cloud covered. She almost gasped whist stumbling round on the stop, her eyes still fixed up on the gap.

The girl was full of joy. She didn't know where she was, nor did she care. The young mind of a child works as if nothing could ever hurt them. They knew nothing of the danger's that crept in shadows nor the pain others go though. Well, she did know pain, she had been abused by her father and since had come here. How she had stumbled upon the land of Helovia I don't know and neither did she. As far as she was concerned, this was normal life. But it wasn't everyday a child stumbled upon a land of Unicorns and other magnificent creatures.

Sighing the little girl sat with her back against a tree, making her red dress even more dirty. She sighed and flipped her head back on the trunk of the tree, turning her head on the side slightly to make herself more comfortable. Her golden locks had fallen over her shoulder and soon, in her boredom, she was soon plaiting her hair. One small thin plate but soon she was nodding of, her head rolling down onto her shoulder.

And very soon, she was asleep.

This girl was full of talents beyond your belief. Weather it was painting, singing, dancing or designing she could do it and one skill she had yet to find.

Was the skill of talking with horses.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image credit

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
I wasn't sure why I was here again, but something strange had made me come here.
The Deep Forest.
It had been a while since I last was here... Last time had been when I met Azzaron. A sudden pain made my heart ache and I sighed. Azzaron... I missed him. He had been so gentle and nice to me, only for me to find out that he had just used me.
He had used me...
A sigh made me point my ears forward, raising my head to observe my surroundings. Was someone else here too?

Carefully I walked through the dark forest and looked for the one who disturbed my thoughts. Something wasn't right, but I didn't know exactly wha-
What the fuck.
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?
The creature that seemed to be asleep was something I had never seen before, never even heard of. What was it? Was it dangerous? It had golden locks that flowed around the creature's head, making it look innocent and sweet. But the looks didn't always mirror the personality.

I walked closer to it, standing about a half neck-length away. Trying to not wake it up, I smell it's golden hair and snorts.
It smelled so weird.
Could it understand me maybe?
"Hello?" My voice was soft and quiet, but still loud enough for the creature to hear me. Maybe it was deaf?
I wasn't afraid to meet new things, but this was something... Something out of the ordinary new things.
Darkness had fallen upon the forest now, the moon slowly replacing the sun in the dark blue sky. My gaze turned to the creature again, taking one step closer to take a little closer look. My whole body was shivering in both excitement and nervousness as I was right infront of the creature now.
But since I didn't look where I was going, I accidentally stepped on a branch, making it break and crack loudly.

I looked at the branch and then at the creature again. Would it wake up?

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: xD
word count: 339
DELINNE
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

User-based Random Event

Whilst the girl slept she dreamed. In her dream there was a forest with light spilling though. It was like a dream forest. It was filled with all types of flowers and greenery. Nest's hung in the trees and beautifully colored birds kept flying to and from them, obviously feeding the young that sat impatiently waiting for there meal. Deer came and went, some of them with great horns coming from there heads. It was a truly beautiful dream but it was soon disturbed.

The mare's breathing had made a strong breeze in the dream forest and words echoed round but she was unsure of what words. The girls small nose twitched slightly at the feeling of her breath then, CRACK! The girl awoke, wide eyed with fright. She quickly pushed herself up straight and then, backed against a tree, starred at the mare in front.

Never had she seen anything like it.

Yes she had seen horse's before and had heard of myths about Unicorns but they were just myths, right? Her frightened eyes soon turned to one's of curiosity as she took in the sight of the mare. A horn poked from her head proudly and was decorated in one running stripe that wrapped around the horn. Strange markings, like a zebra's, ran all over her black body, which appeared to be tinted purple. The girl was amazed and felt no fear of the mare now.

Instead, she felt safe.

Keeping one had on the tree she talks a small step forward and reaching out towards the mare with the other had. Having lived on a farm, she knew her way around horses but you must remember, those were tame horses, not wild Unicorns. But the girl had no fear what so ever and thought the Unicorn would act like any other tame horse. "'Hello beautifuh." Being young she still could not say all words well and so 'beautiful' changed to 'beauti-fuhh' but was still understandable. Her outstretched had reached towards the mare's muzzle, hoping she would want to be stroke.

"blah blah blah."

Image credit

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

(I shouldn't join any more threads. But ERMAGERD A HOOMAN IN HELURVIA)

Aryel had been rooting around for wild berries, succulent patches of clover, and other forest delicacies when the strange scent hit her. At first, she had simply stood rooted to the spot, head up, nostrils expanding and contracting as she tried to match the scent with one of the many, many smells she knew both from experience and from the ancient, ageless memory passed from parent to offspring in any kind of animal. But this...this was new. Try as she might, she couldn't recall ever smelling it before. It didn't smell dangerous, or, at the very least, she had no experience of danger to connect it to. Just strange.

The bat on her back had caught it too, and was equally confused. Yet being as small he was, "strange" equated with "could be dangerous", even with his curious personality. So when Aryel took her first few steps in the direction of the scent, Java squeaked in protest. "It'll be fine." she assured him, trying to meet the nervous emotions she felt through their bond with an air of confidence. He subsided in his squeaking, but maintained his nervous posture as they went deeper into the woods.

Aryel didn't know what to make of the creature she beheld. It was small, almost young-looking, with a mane of soft golden hair. It's skin was pink and bare except for it's middle, which was red. Or--no, wait. The red was a garment, like armor or a blanket. Java peered at the creature from his perch on Aryel's shoulder, but made no move to get closer. There was another there as well, a black mare she didn't recognize. The horn on her head drew her eyes, Helovia had given her some reason to distrust unicorns, but she made no comment. Her full attention was odd the strange creature. She lowered her head and made a low, gentle nicker, hoping it wouldn't turn hostile and attack. Just because it was small didn't mean it couldn't be dangerous. She hadn't caught the words the creature had said to the mare, and so had no idea it could speak equus. Her words were directed towards the mare herself. "What is it?"

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

I had been worrying about Delinne for all the time I hadn't been by her side. I couldn't keep her off my mind. It seemed as though the lightning patterned mare's image was pressed into my brain, leaving a deep mark. She also left a large gash in my heart. How it hurt so much. I winced, thinking about the pain.

Walking through these woods made it all worse. The Deep Forest, where I had first expressed my love to Delinne. Where we had first met in private. How I longed for those moments to return. For me to have my large, multicolored wing wrapped around her dark figure.

I just wanted it the happy memories to come back to me.

I look up, hearing something up ahead. There was a scent drifting towards me, and I recognized one of them. "Delinne...?" I reach my nose forward, my wings tucked at my sides as I step closer. Delinne was there, and so was a blue roan. At first I'm cautious, but I speed up, taking my place at Delinne's side. My eyes flicker down and I see a small....

What was that thing?

Soft and delicate features were placed over a plump face of a peachy color. The small creature was covered in a red cloth-like thing that fit snug over it's body. Long golden locks hung from it's head, and I watched as it reached for Delinne with it's strange limbs, being a bit defensive I step closer to Delinne, my eyes narrowed.

The other mare, the blue roan, she smelled of the Dragon's Throat. I glance at her, only now did I take her details in. Large wings sprouted from her withers, and her eyes were a lovely color.

Lovely, what was I thinking?

I look at Delinne, my gaze softening. In an instant I open my maw, words slipping out. Of course I assumed this creature could understand us, most creatures could understand horses. "What land is it that you come from? I have never seen a species such as you." I pause, would this two-legged creature want my name? I shrug slightly and wince, remembering about my injury. I had seared the gash closed, the one that Treand had given me. How painful that had been. I shiver, remembering the dark stallion.

"I am Azzaron, what is your name... young... creature." My words soften, and my fiery eyes settle on the small creature. It was strange, something I had never seen before. What was it? Would the gods know what this creature was? I made a mental note to go and speak with them once I got to know this small creature better. I would take her to the gods, and I would ask them to help. I wanted to know what this child was and where it came from. I've heard that the Time God repairs the time stream, so maybe this creature had slipped into this world while he was repairing it?

For now, I thought of this creature as an alien, and invader.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: OMG A HOOMAN IN HELOVIA!! :o

word count: 510

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
It woke up.
Startled I backed away, standing a neck-length from the strange creature as it had stood up and leaned against the tree. What was it? It seemed to observe me, looking over my features. I wasn't the most beautiful creature now, as I had some stretch-marks on my belly from my pregnancy with Destry and some scars here and there from the battle with my father.
Curiously I stretched my neck, trying to catch a sent of the strange limb which the thing seemed to try and touch me with. My muzzle was stroked slightly and I snorted loudly as I threw up my head in the air.
It felt strange too.

I pointed my black ears back as I heard noises, and just as I turned my head to see what it was a pegasus came to the scene. Not only one, but two.
One was a mare, coated in a greyish blue color. Rather boring colors, according to me. The other one was someone I knew too well by now, but at the same time I felt like he was a stranger to my knowledge.
I turned my gaze to the mare, trying to figure out a clever answer. What was it?
"I don't know... I have never seen anything like this before. It looks so weird and deformed," I said, observing the little creature before me. Curious, I take a step closer again and touches the strange limb - it had five small things sticking out on the end! - with the smooth surface of my muzzle.

The feeling was something totally new for me. The limb was smooth, soft. But... Unnatural.

I instantly think of my daughter, as this skin felt kind of like Destry's pelt when she had been born. My sweet filly... She was sleeping in a safe place right now, in a secret cave in the Basin.
The herd had been rather accepting of me, but I had yet to know if they accepted my daughter. She would be hidden from them until I knew.
I observed the creature again. It said something to me, but I almost didn't understand what it said.
"'H.e..o be..u..fu..h." The words were blurry and I tilted my head in confusion. Heo beufuh? What kind of language did it use?

My gaze was turned to the palomino next to me and I look down, listening to him trying to speak with the thing. I couldn't stand looking at him.
"What land is it that you come from? I have never seen a species such as you. I am Azzaron, what is your name... young... creature?"
Hehe, I smiled a bit at his 'cleverness'. Did he think that the creature understood what we said?
The creature seemed to have a high voice, and the first thing I came to think of was that it was a female. Could it be an offspring of some sort? It's talking abilities made me think of a baby, but this looked... I didn't know.
Was it too big for a baby of it's species or not?

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: Okay, now I have muse for two threads >.>
word count: 520
DELINNE
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

User-based Random Event

All 5 fingers trailed down the mares muzzle but only for a second. Soon the mare had snorted and threw back her head and Estelle quickly drew her hand back in, her elbow bent and her nails in her mouth, as if she was biting them but she wasn't. She was just...unsure of of where to place her hands. She was suprised at the action but it didn't put her of wanting to stroke the mare. Her other had left the tree and then she noticed two others.

The first, a blue Pegasus. The girl had been amazed at seeing a Unicorn, never mind a Pegasus. Weren't they creatures of Olympia? The gods in the sky? Just a Greek myth? But no, this was as real as it gets, she couldn't believe her eyes and then, to make things more amazing, another Pegasus came along. This one a palomino with almost fire like markings on his side. To the girl, this was a dream world. She knew only that Unicorns and Pegasus's were beautiful, kind creatures and not how dark and evil they could really be.

"What is it?" A strange feeling cam over the girl, as if she knew what the blue Pegasus was asking. Delinne seemed to answer for her and again the feel of the horses muzzle touches her small hands, a feeling of happiness drowns the girl as she stroked her muzzle again. Her small head turns to look at Azzaron as he to seem's to speak, this time of a word she interpreted as his name. "I am Azzaron, what is your name... young... creature."

"Estelle," The words came from her mouth before she even realized. Her voice was friendly and kind. She wasn't sure if they could understand her. She hoped they could. But then, she felt as if she could understand them. "Azzaron?" She questioned, looking at the stallion. "Do you,have a names?" She asked looking deep into the eye's of Aryel and Delinne, as if (as well as speaking to them) she was trying to get them to understand what she meant telepathically.

It was something every child tried, only most the time it never worked.

She stepped closer to the three, feeling totally unafraid and then bent down to the ground and grabbed some grass in her small hands and held them out to Aryel and Azzaron, offering them the grass. She hoped she could make friend's with the horses, as every small child did. Then, she bent down again, grabbed some more grass and offered it to Delinne.

She loved making friends.

"blah blah blah."

Image credit

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

(SORRY FOR THE WAIT EVERYONE)

Estelle. That was a nice name. But was she named or Estelle or was she called an estelle? Those were the kinds of thoughts that went through the pegasus's mind. But they were thoughts of pure, almost childlike curiosity. "I don't think i-she, is deformed." she said, realizing continuing to call her an it would be rude. "Just young. She looks young." She wondered where Estelle's mother was. Who would let such a small child roam on their own?

She tilted her head as the girl asked their names. Oddly enough, she also seemed to feel the question in her head. But as this was her first time meeting a human, she was unperturbed. "I'm Aryel." she said, then lifted her head and craned it over her shoulder to indicate her companion. "And this is Java." She arched her neck to look down at the child as she came closer, but made no move to get away. She watched, puzzled, as she bent down and grabbed a clump of grass in her...what was that on the end of her foreleg? Certainly not a hoof. A paw? She recalled exploring one of the tropical islands in the Endless Blue, and seeing monkeys swinging through the trees. Their paws had looked a lot like this little girl's. Was she some sort of monkey? Where was her tail? Estelle reached up, offering herself and Azzaron a small clump of grass. The offering perplexed her, but she recognized it as a gift. Gently, she lowered her head until her breath was warm on Estelle's hand, then carefully lipped up the grass, her velvety muzzle rasping softly over her palm. Aryel chewed the grass, then swallowed, smiling at the youngling.

Deciding to take a risk, she slowly folded her legs, taking utmost care not to squash the tiny creature, and lay down on the grass in front of her, so their eyes were level. "This may be an odd question, Estelle, but what exactly are you? I've never seen an animal like you before." Her deep blue eyes were questioning. "Are there more of you?"

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

The strange, monkey-like girl speaks, giving her name. Estelle? Rolling the name around a bit, I narrow my eyes and stare at the girl. And now, she wanted to know are names? A little nervous to offer my name to a child like her, my lips quiver. The blue roan mare and Delinne seem to be interested in the girl, but I was still a little cautious. The blue roan mare's lips move, and she talks about the young she-thing being deformed. Nodding my head, I speak. "She looks a little monkey-like." Staring at her, I try to think about what she could be.

But, nothing comes. My mind is blank, and I can't figure out any ideas. Just a deformed monkey. Or something else? Studying the she-creature, I deem it a deformed monkey. But, was there any monkeys in Helovia? I hadn't seen any... maybe the creature had traveled over here? Shrugging the thoughts off, I focus on the small creature.

I almost leaped back when she offered a clump of grass to Aryel and I. Reaching my head out, I smell the grass. The paws of the she-creature smelled sweet. Inhaling the scent, my nostrils flare and blow bits of grass off of her paws. Tossing my head, I open my mouth and nibble the grass. I suppose I thought of it as a gift, an offering. Smiling, I slide my pale gold head under the soft pads of the creatures' paws. Staring into the eyes of the young she-creature, I slide my neck back and straightened up.

All this time, I didn't think about Delinne. Until I saw the foreleg of the child extend towards Delinne, a clump of green grass held in the paw. I stare at Delinne, wondering if she was going to accept it. Sweat formed, the suspense began killing me. My stomach knotted up, and I held my breath. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden? Shaking my head, I throw the thoughts away, remembering Delinne prefers that Mauja over me. Choking back the tears, I drag my fiery red eyes down to the grass, staring at it for a bit before coughing. Holding back the tears was difficult, especially when the tears were pushing their way out. Biting my lower lip, I'm able to squeeze them back, holding them off for a bit.

Besides, I had more important things to worry about. Like where this child-creature came from.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: ---

word count: 412(I think, for some reason my computer won't load word counter. .___.)

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Official
This thread is in violation of Helovia's "no human" policy. On your timelines, this thread did not occur.